Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

I Need Career Advice. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Career Advice. (632 Views)

How To Negotiate A Better Salary | Career Advice Blog / I Need Career Advice / I Need Career Advice, I'm At A Cross Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Career Advice. by SpellzEbaji: 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
Pls guys I really need your advice. I studied commercial subjects in secondary school. cus i wanted studying Bus. admin and now my parents wants me to re-write my waec and study engineering. I know I will be good at civil bt am scared. Am lost in my thoughts. I need advice on any good engineering cousre. guys pls hel me. Long live nairaland
Re: I Need Career Advice. by eluquenson(m): 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
It is not how far or good the engineering course may sound, but how well you can cope. Develop your potential.
I was once a victim of such myopic decision, but i was adamant.
Follow your instinct.
Re: I Need Career Advice. by SpellzEbaji: 5:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
I have worked with a civil engineer and i know mason work thou not perfected yet. Am wondering if these little knowledge of mine and hardwork can make me successful considering the fact that i was an art student. pls am confused. These matter is giving me sleepless night.
Re: I Need Career Advice. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
people switch fields all the time.

You only have to be very sure it's what you want.

And please don't zero your mind on a specific field of engineering already.

And that you worked with Civil Engineers in the past isn't reason enough. For all I know, you could be thinking Chemical Engineering if you had encounter with Chemical Engineers

Just be double triple sure about what you want and go for it.
smiley

1 Like

Re: I Need Career Advice. by SpellzEbaji: 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2015
Thanks people. Your comments are very helpful. #Gratitude.
Re: I Need Career Advice. by CrazyMan(m): 1:47pm On Aug 01, 2015
SpellzEbaji:
Pls guys I really need your advice. I studied commercial subjects in secondary school. cus i wanted studying Bus. admin and now my parents wants me to re-write my waec and study engineering. I know I will be good at civil bt am scared. Am lost in my thoughts. I need advice on any good engineering cousre. guys pls hel me. Long live nairaland
My dear, you don't choose a career path because your parents asked you to do so, you choose a career path because you've done your homework and have come to a conclusion that your choice is where you're convinced you're going to excel.

Your parents want you to go into civil engineering because they see other people excelling in it not minding whether or not you're academically prepared for it. Your parents aren't going to live your life or deal with the negative consequences of your choice.

So my advice to you as a commercial student whose initial dream was to study business Administration is to re-kindle that fire.

You can always achieve your goal of becoming a graduate of bus admin...don't jump into somewhere you have very little knowledge about just because your parents compelled you to do so.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Need Career Advice. by SpellzEbaji: 9:56pm On Aug 01, 2015
Thank you very much crazyMan.. .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Reinstates 3, 032 Dismissed Soldiers / Advice From 30 Year Old Me To 20 Year Old Me / We Need More Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.