Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

What's Your Favorite Movie Of All Time ?? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What's Your Favorite Movie Of All Time ?? (885 Views)

KADA River Movie Wins Historical Peace Movie Of The Year Award / Share Your Favorite Movie SoundTrack / What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Favorite Movie Of All Time ?? by wx9Z: 5:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
People always ask me this question mostly when they finds out that I’m a movie blogger,”what’s your favorite movie ?” And I don’t need to think about it before answering the question, if I can see any movie over and over again I know just the exact movie to choose. Don’t get me wrong though, choosing a favorite movie is very difficult mostly for someone like me who see series of movies daily. I always say you can tell a lot about a person from his favorite movie .

A friend once told me his favorite movie is The Matrix,and another was really confused about his choice but finally had to settle with The Saint starring Val Kilmer. I was surprised because I have so many movies I think it is better, if am to choose what’s my favorite movie I know it should be between Lord Of The Rings and Star Wars. Everything about
Star Wars makes me happy , George Lucas did a great one there but anytime I think about Samwise Gamgee, Frodo Baggins and Thorin Oakenshield I automatically port to my emotional state, Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Hobbit trilogy. This movies should be kept in every museum in the world it is more than a movie. This is magic, unrefined art.

Lord of the Rings is phenomenal, I cannot honestly find a flaw, never have I shed tears just at the sight of hills before, J.R.R. Tolkiens epic fantasy novel has been brought to life. J.R.R. Tolkien would be proud. The music is great, the shire theme truly fits its image. The scenery is breathtaking and the action is amazing, this movie is full of emotion, emotion on a level I never knew existed until now. But the most heart-warming, eyes-teary thing is the powerful friendship between Frodo and Sam. Never have I seen such a loyal friend, it is truly moving, it brings tears to my eyes every time I see LOTR. Sam and Frodo defines what friendship is all about, ever since I saw Sam and Frodo’s friendship I said to myself I want that. To know that such a powerful bond could exist brings warmth to my heart and I hope I am not the only one. It has been done J.R.R. Tolkiens epic novel has been brought to LIFE. What had been deemed “impossible” has been done. This is more than just a film, it is an art and a MUST watch for all human beings ( Oops was that too much ?) I stand corrected, it is a must watch
for all human beings.

HERE ARE FEW INTERESTING FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW. ABOUT LORD OF THE RINGS

1. Christopher Lee (Saruman) was the only person involved with Lord of the rings films to have actually met Tolkien.
2. The Lord of the Rings novels were written as if they were
translated to English, and the original common tongue of the books is called Westron.
3. The Lord of the Rings: “The Return of the King” is the first and only fantasy film ever to win an Academy Award for “Best Picture”.
4. In The Lord of the Rings: “The Return of the King” (2003), they made a special effort to make sure that sauron’s tower being destroyed did not resemble the World Trade Center attack.
5. Gandalf’s famous quote “You shall not pass” line in the movie is an allusion to a propaganda slogan pre-dating to World War 1.
6. The gravestone of J.R.R. Tolkien and his wife is inscribed with "Luthien” and “Beren”. They were two tragic legendary
characters in The Lord of the Rings, who were madly in love.
7. Housing at University of California , Irvine is called Middle Earth and each hall is named after a region or town of LOTR.
8. Sean Connery turned down the role of Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings trilogy, which cost him $300 million ( he was offered 15% of the film’s profit)
9. The length of time from when Frodo first gets the ring to when he actually sets out on his adventure is 17 years, not a few weeks like the movie makes it seem.

https://yeyepikin./2015/07/29/secret-whats-your-favorite-movie-of-all-time/
Re: What's Your Favorite Movie Of All Time ?? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
For me, it's LOVE DONT COST A THING

NICK CANNON WAS kiss cry
Re: What's Your Favorite Movie Of All Time ?? by wx9Z: 5:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
Haha, really ? C'mon
Re: What's Your Favorite Movie Of All Time ?? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
grin
Re: What's Your Favorite Movie Of All Time ?? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
For a movie blogger you should know its "the saint starring val kilmer" and not "the saint by val kilmer".

Your list doesn't make sense to me: each Lord of the rings movie was a three hour marathon of walking aimlessly through wilderness, fighting, more walking, a little action here, more walking, action then the movie ends. I bet if they removed all the walking done in those movies we'd only have 30 minute action movie segments. Only watched the first Lord of the rings and each time out of three I slept off in the middle. I tried watching the hobbit, found out it was the same stup¡d formula then quit trying to enjoy any Lord of the ring movie.

Star Wars is a whole 'nother level of WTF I don't even want to start with how overhyped it is.

On topic though: I don't've a favourite movie because movies I watch over and over again would make a top ten list if I thought hard enough. However, a few include Fight Club, Training Day, Reservoir Dogs and The Green Mile.
Re: What's Your Favorite Movie Of All Time ?? by adebayo201: 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
Things Fall apart... lipsrsealed

Harry Potter...wink
Re: What's Your Favorite Movie Of All Time ?? by wx9Z: 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
charix:
For a movie blogger you should know its "the saint starring val kilmer" and not "the saint by val kilmer".

Your list doesn't make sense to me: each Lord of the rings movie was a three hour marathon of walking aimlessly through wilderness, fighting, more walking, a little action here, more walking, action then the movie ends. I bet if they removed all the walking done in those movies we'd only have 30 minute action movie segments. Only watched the first Lord of the rings and each time out of three I slept off in the middle. I tried watching the hobbit, found out it was the same stup¡d formula then quit trying to enjoy any Lord of the ring movie.

Star Wars is a whole 'nother level of WTF I don't even want to start with how overhyped it is.

On topic though: I don't've a favourite movie because movies I watch over and over again would make a top ten list if I thought hard enough. However, a few include Fight Club, Training Day, Reservoir Dogs and The Green Mile.

thanks for the correction, didn't see that.
You complaining LOTR is too long and you naming The Green Mile as one of your fav? It's 3 hours long. It took me 1 whole day, I had to take a recess because the first 2 hours was boring(maybe Tom Hanks made you cry ).
Fight Club is nice sha . "First rule of fight club, you don't talk about fight club"
Re: What's Your Favorite Movie Of All Time ?? by Segadem(m): 1:59pm On Aug 01, 2015
Indian film: komigoya & Krissh
American film: Season film LOST ( best ever)

(1) (Reply)

Look @ Ghanaian Actress Yvonne Nelson’s Picture 11 Years Ago – Must See / Have You Watched TITANIC? / OLOIBIRI - The Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.