Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? (10736 Views)

Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? / Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character / I Married Someone I Don't Trust. What's The Way Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by DollyParton1(f): 1:30am On Aug 02, 2015
No shitting!!!!
It's trust!!!
Aint no loving someone I don't trust.
Life is too short for that.
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by jnrbayano(m): 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
INTROVERT:
simultaneous equation

How do you make it to the front-page of every thread?
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Well, going by it's definition, love is unconditional. I think you'd agree with me that love in a relationship is anythong buy unconditional. Instead of love I'd use attraction/attachment.

Getting to know you... grin

Love exists and I love you. grin

Let me love you deeply baby... kiss
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by jnrbayano(m): 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
keppyy:

Getting to know you... grin

....Minus his pocket. cheesy
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
keppyy:

Hehehehehe.
Perhaps, you could change my mind. Let me give you an opportunity. wink
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Hehehehehe.

Perhaps, you could change my mind. Let me give you an opportunity. wink

That's the spirit...

Nice to meet you...

Let me create a thread, so we can love ourselves privately..
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
jnrbayano:

....Minus his pocket. cheesy

I have my own pocket... tongue
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
You get the feels first. "Love" creeps up on you, and catches you unawares. Trust is cultivated.

This is not a matter of opinion. If the opposite is true for you, you're either a very close relation of Forest Gump, or you're living in an alternate universe.
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
keppyy:

That's the spirit...
Nice to meet you...

Let me create a thread, so we can love ourselves privately..
I'm curious. What's this new thread to be titled?
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by jnrbayano(m): 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
peppyluv02:
Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Why the mtchewwing my sister in the lord?

1 Like

Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

I'm curious. What's this new thread to be titled?

Loving timbu babbyyyyy.... grin

Welcome to the world of love....

Please, no long and complicated grammar there... angry
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
keppyy:

Loving timbu babbyyyyy.... grin
Welcome to the world of love....

Please, no long and complicated grammar there... angry
Hehehehe.
Don't worry. There are only fiteen and a half words in my vocabulary.
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by jnrbayano(m): 7:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
You get the feels first. "Love" creeps up on you, and catches you unawares. Trust is cultivated.

This is not a matter of opinion. If the opposite is true for you, you're either a very close relation of Forest Gump, or you're living in an alternate universe.

The bold is true but is it ideal?

Do you know that love can take you unawares in the case of several other persons each with similar attributes/charms?

What will now be the control measure for this love? What will be an assurance of longevity in any relationship this love should initiate?
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 15, 2015
jnrbayano:

Why the mtchewwing my sister in the lord?
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by jnrbayano(m): 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2015
DollyParton1:
No shitting!!!!
It's trust!!!
Aint no loving someone I don't trust.
Life is too short for that.

Love this
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by jnrbayano(m): 9:34am On Mar 02, 2016
jnrbayano:
Love or Trust: What should come first in a relationship?

It's really confusing to understand what comes first between love and trust when referring to relationship matters. Everybody has got different opinion on this. Some say love comes first while others say trust comes first. But before going further, let us see what love is and what trust is.

Merrian Webster Dictionary defines love "as an attraction that includes sexual desire. It is the strong affection felt by people who have a romantic relationship." It can be deduced from the definition that Love is all about having a strong feeling of affection for somebody that you are sexually attracted to.

Trust is defined by the same dictionary as "an assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something." In fact, to trust someone or something is to have confidence in that person or thing.

The difference between these two words can be noted from their meaning:

~Love goes with feelings.

~Trust goes with belief.

So, here comes the question;

What should come first in relationship?

Have your say.
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by aforti(m): 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2016
Their is no such thing as love between ppl. What you call love is just lust, infatuation. Trust is what keeps relationship at dats all. The only love you have btw humans is the unconditional love of a mother or father to a child. Period. Humans are too self centered to exhibit this kind of love to another human. So when you think of any relationship think trust even if that relationship is mere. Love is a mirage
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by Chidoks(f): 10:21pm On Mar 02, 2016
Love and trust go pari paso
None of them can exist independently.
Love will compel you to trust
But again, you cannot love without trusting...
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by Chidoks(f): 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2016
aforti:
Their is no such thing as love between ppl. What you call love is just lust, infatuation. Trust is what keeps relationship at dats all. The only love you have btw humans is the unconditional love of a mother or father to a child. Period. Humans are too self centered to exhibit this kind of love to another human. So when you think of any relationship think trust even if that relationship is mere. Love is a mirage
I strongly disagree with you. Love is real
Please bear in mind that like every worthwhile venture, love must be groomed and nurtured to succeed even between God and man
Love is not irresponsible as we think at times
Re: Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? by Chidoks(f): 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
jnrbayano:
Love or Trust: What should come first in a relationship?

It's really confusing to understand what comes first between love and trust when referring to relationship matters. Everybody has got different opinion on this. Some say love comes first while others say trust comes first. But before going further, let us see what love is and what trust is.

Merrian Webster Dictionary defines love "as an attraction that includes sexual desire. It is the strong affection felt by people who have a romantic relationship." It can be deduced from the definition that Love is all about having a strong feeling of affection for somebody that you are sexually attracted to.

Trust is defined by the same dictionary as "an assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something." In fact, to trust someone or something is to have confidence in that person or thing.

The difference between these two words can be noted from their meaning:

~Love goes with feelings.

~Trust goes with belief.

So, here comes the question;

What should come first in relationship?

Have your say.
This definition of love is lopsided and shallow.
Even in the man/woman relationship, real love is often promoted and achieved

(1) (2) (Reply)

Update On Wife’s Loose Vagina ! / Please Help! My GOTV Is Starting And Restarting, Customer Care Not Reachable. / 62 Years Old Woman Marries 9 Years Old School Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.