Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,515 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

New Force Chief Pledges To Crush Boko Haram 'very Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Force Chief Pledges To Crush Boko Haram 'very Soon (538 Views)

Mobile Task Force Launched By Army To Crush Boko Haram (Photos) / Ex-air Force Chief, Umar, Diverted N13.3bn In 2 Yrs / EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Force Chief Pledges To Crush Boko Haram 'very Soon by mascotbest(f): 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
The Nigerian commander of a new multinational force set up to fight Boko Haram Islamists on Friday pledged to bring an end to their six-year insurgency “very soon”.

“I assure (you), by the will of God, that I will live (up) to expectations and we will see the end of this menace very soon,” Major General Iliya Abbah said at a ceremony in Abuja, where he was formally appointed chief of the Multinational Joint Task Force.

The 8,700-strong force has its headquarters in the Chadian capital N’Djamena and is expected to be more effective than a regional offensive launched earlier this year to fight Boko Haram, whose insurgency has claimed some 15,000 lives.

“As soon as I get on the ground, everybody will take position,” Abbah said, adding that troops would be deployed “any time from today”.

Abbah was named commander on Thursday, when Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari said during a visit to Cameroon the force would be ready to go into action “by the Read More...

Re: New Force Chief Pledges To Crush Boko Haram 'very Soon by ladyF(f): 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ok
Re: New Force Chief Pledges To Crush Boko Haram 'very Soon by INTROVERT(f): 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
Re: New Force Chief Pledges To Crush Boko Haram 'very Soon by Unsad(m): 8:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
K
Re: New Force Chief Pledges To Crush Boko Haram 'very Soon by deadZONE: 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
undecided undecided
Re: New Force Chief Pledges To Crush Boko Haram 'very Soon by Godfullsam(m): 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hope boko boys will not go and invade his home town the way they did to the new army chief undecided

He should start acting and stop talking....
Re: New Force Chief Pledges To Crush Boko Haram 'very Soon by ApcSucks: 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
INTROVERT:

We shall see.... actions we need not words
Re: New Force Chief Pledges To Crush Boko Haram 'very Soon by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
Quit talks. Start acting. I wish u well
Re: New Force Chief Pledges To Crush Boko Haram 'very Soon by Ekiseme(m): 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
Pheeew,all na format

tired of words,we need actions

Oyibo talk say SEEING IS BELIEVING
Re: New Force Chief Pledges To Crush Boko Haram 'very Soon by emekamn(m): 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2015
How soon is "very soon"?

(1) (Reply)

Question Of The Day (sahara Reporters) / Contractor Sues FG Over Jonathan’s N9.2bn Stoves / Buhari Okays Plan To Fast-track Clean-up Of Ogoniland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.