Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,385 members, 7,781,104 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:57 AM

Five Reason Why Many Mother-in Laws Don't Like Their Daughter-in Laws - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Five Reason Why Many Mother-in Laws Don't Like Their Daughter-in Laws (1058 Views)

Family Cries Out As Their Daughter's Oyinbo Husband Cremates Her Without Notice. / Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. / What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Reason Why Many Mother-in Laws Don't Like Their Daughter-in Laws by XavierBlue(m): 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2015

It’s very rare to see a mother in-law loving her daughter in-law like her own or even close; at least getting along with her is a very rare scene. What is rampant is constant mother and daughter in-law fights and quarrels leaving a confused son and husband wondering who to support.

The worst part about this mother in-law drama is that the battered daughter in-law who really needed the support of her mother in-law also goes on to be a disturbing mother in-law when her own son gets married. This brings me to a very big question: what’s with women and the melodrama of being a harsh mother in-law? This question made me do some research, and I’d share my findings why mother in-laws hardly love their daughter in-law.

1. WOMEN DON’T TRUST WOMEN

One thing about women is that they don’t trust other women especially when it comes to marriage and if their son is rich. So, because of this perception, they see almost every other woman out there as evil. Most women warn their sons to be wary of women because of this negative perception that women can destroy a man, and they wouldn’t want that to happen to their son.

2. SHE SEES YOU AS A THREAT

Sometimes, it’s due to the fact that they have to come second in their son’s life; after nurturing him for many years to him becoming a man, not every mother would love to come second place afterwards. Many women see their daughter in-law as a threat to their sons love and affection.

3. LOVE A SUBMISSIVE DAUGHTER IN-LAW
A lot of mothers love a daughter in-law that’s submissive or even over submissive to them. If they perceive you to be otherwise, they try to make life miserable for you. Women love a daughter in-law that would do their will and wouldn’t come as a hindrance to their son.

4. THINKS NO ONE IS GOOD ENOUGH

One perception most mothers have is the belief that no woman is good enough for their son. Women are protective of their sons up to that point that they see other women as unworthy. This is probably the major reason why they treat their daughter in-law as inferior.

5. SEES YOU AS A GOLD DIGGER

In this era where ladies tend to be attracted to material things rather than love. The mothers also place their thought on this. They'll think the lady is out to dig the resources of their son, giving account to why she receive you odiously.
Lalasticlala, ishilove.

Xavierblue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reason Why Many Mother-in Laws Don't Like Their Daughter-in Laws by INTROVERT(f): 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
okay
Re: Five Reason Why Many Mother-in Laws Don't Like Their Daughter-in Laws by deadZONE: 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Five Reason Why Many Mother-in Laws Don't Like Their Daughter-in Laws by Mancity26(m): 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Eating Okro soup with Python meat... I wil comment when I finish... #funnyNation comedian...
Re: Five Reason Why Many Mother-in Laws Don't Like Their Daughter-in Laws by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
daughter in law will later become mother in law.
Re: Five Reason Why Many Mother-in Laws Don't Like Their Daughter-in Laws by demmy0325(m): 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2015
..ok..
Re: Five Reason Why Many Mother-in Laws Don't Like Their Daughter-in Laws by Artistree: 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
Really this introvert of a NLander is beginning to irritate me, can't you just lock up for once, haba! Even MTN is not everywhere you go...smh!
Re: Five Reason Why Many Mother-in Laws Don't Like Their Daughter-in Laws by Cutehector(m): 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
Artistree:
Really this introvert of a NLander is beginning to irritate me, can't you just lock up for once, haba! Even MTN is not everywhere you go...smh!
she says bein online 247 is her job..
Re: Five Reason Why Many Mother-in Laws Don't Like Their Daughter-in Laws by Noloss(f): 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
So true
Re: Five Reason Why Many Mother-in Laws Don't Like Their Daughter-in Laws by raumdeuter: 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
Maybe because women know what other women are capable of and are not fooled like men are
Re: Five Reason Why Many Mother-in Laws Don't Like Their Daughter-in Laws by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
Na so? cryNa so?
Re: Five Reason Why Many Mother-in Laws Don't Like Their Daughter-in Laws by XavierBlue(m): 9:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Cutehector:
she says bein online 247 is her job..
no mind am

XavierBlue

(1) (Reply)

Some Crazy Pictures That Shows Why Women Live Longer Than Men / Every Woman Should Read These 30 Rules For Godly Women- / What Would You Do If Your Spouse Denies You Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.