Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) (67729 Views)

Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked / How Students Write Exams At The American University Of Nigeria (Photos) / Facts About Nigeria: You'll Be Shocked To Find Out You Don't Know 99% Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Rexyl(m): 10:32am On Aug 01, 2015
SilentPrince:
Being literate is not the issue. Being educated is.

hmm being literate... can read and write but being educated is about developing better sense of reasoning, knowing and doing the right thing. Barbaric behaviours such as seen in northeast shouldn't have been the practice of the well educated people.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by kraftykc(m): 10:33am On Aug 01, 2015
abdulaz:
Most of what we now call western education were also taught through the Arabic language then, since we only consider education through the English language as the only form of western education, mind you, the crusaders that first went to the Arab world also learnt a lot from the Arabs.
I am 100% sure that most you don't know that what you know as surgery today all started from the Arab world and the tools used in this field today were all modification if the ones the westerners copied from the Arab world.

Actually this is very true.

But Hausas aren't Arabians so I'm not too sure what this means. The Hausa tribe took everything they know from the Arab world, an alien civilization, and then condemn the West for trying to do the same thing that Arabs did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Okeikpu(m): 10:33am On Aug 01, 2015
SilentPrince:
Being literate is not the issue. Being educated is.
Exactly grin

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by tammie24: 10:35am On Aug 01, 2015
Yustash001:
And what?...are they not free to learn whatever want?...must everybody go to school before?...
Boko boy alert!!!
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Okeikpu(m): 10:37am On Aug 01, 2015
SilentPrince:

What are you saying? Being literate is being able to read. Anyone can read. What matters is the ability to understand and apply knowledge. If the Northerners were educated they would know that having Sharia Courts, Suicidal tendencies, female genital mutilation, preventing kids from going to school etc are terrible ideas and should not be encouraged. But no, despite being able to read and write they fail to be educated.
I salute....... Na ur father born u
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Anapuao(f): 10:40am On Aug 01, 2015
BimiOne:
NOT ALL NORTHERNERS ARE MUSLIMS PLEASE, I am a Northerner and i detest those practices you mentioned.
I absolutely concur. I am a northerner too, not a Muslim and don't like when people generalize when it comes to the north

2 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by dokyOloye: 10:41am On Aug 01, 2015
SilentPrince:

What are you saying? Being literate is being able to read. Anyone can read. What matters is the ability to understand and apply knowledge. If the Northerners were educated they would know that having Sharia Courts, Suicidal tendencies, female genital mutilation, preventing kids from going to school etc are terrible ideas and should not be encouraged. But no, despite being able to read and write they fail to be educated.
Considering d gibberish he wrote,U shouldn't have dignified him wt a reply.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by dictbennie(m): 10:52am On Aug 01, 2015
OP is high on either Kunu or Buruku this morning.....common sense is not common o.....I no even see d surprise for the queen face sef...how the hell did dis mak fp?
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 01, 2015
samkevie:
aw does writing in Arabic relate to being literate,Aboki shoe maker nor sabi read Arabic

mumu, so you dont know the meaning of being literate. Only a drop of common sense would have changed your life for the better, but sadly you lack a reasonable amount of it...receive common sense in Jesus name.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by ideatoprince18(m): 10:52am On Aug 01, 2015
abdulaz:
Most of what we now call western education were also taught through the Arabic language then, since we only consider education through the English language as the only form of western education, mind you, the crusaders that first went to the Arab world also learnt a lot from the Arabs.
I am 100% sure that most you don't know that what you know as surgery today all started from the Arab world and the tools used in this field today were all modification if the ones the westerners copied from the Arab world.
.......oga surgery did not sraer in Arab world ....it started in Africa Egypt.... and don't open ur smelly mouth and say Egypt is an Arab country because civilization started way back b4 Arabs came to Egypt
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by jerrymej(m): 10:56am On Aug 01, 2015
I figure nothing bewildering in them!!!

Dorr
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 01, 2015
iamrealdeji:
How are you literates when you a Northerner can't even spell "ILLITERATE" and "LITERATE",I see the reason why queen Elizabeth called illiterates. the baby of the house of my family who's in primary 4 can't even make such mistake because he's "LITERATE"

mumu. You can as well say the Russians and the Chinese are illiterate because they don't speak English, look for the meaning of being illiterate before displaying your stupidity in public. Only a drop of common sense would have changed your life for the better, but instead you lack a reasonable amount of it...receive common sense in Jesus name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by anonimi: 11:01am On Aug 01, 2015
fulanimafia:
A product of early Northern education.

The inventor, Jelani Aliyu.

Does one tree make a forest

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Rexyl(m): 11:02am On Aug 01, 2015
bilal4riid:

Northerners has been gaining prior to independent, their advantage of being literate, that is the brain behind ruling the country and doing well which the southern counterparts refused to understand Nothing like "born to rule " bt being knowledgeable and ability to lead, From Tafawa Balewa, sir Sardauna, Murtala, Gowon, and Sai Buhari the incorruptible.
It's on record that the white has embraced north cos they met them learned and with organised system.

Your assumption is wrong doing well as a leader has to do we the ability of individual, and probably with support and cooperation of others. Why did you deliberately removed certain rulers from the north from your list, 3 powerful rulers? Probably you think they didn't perform well. Mind you the best in those leaders mentioned was connected with full support and cooperation of leaders from the South. They were supported, cooperated with and given sense of direction by their southern counterparts.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by fulanimafia: 11:10am On Aug 01, 2015
anonimi:

Does one tree make a forest

I feel your pain.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by bilal4riid(m): 11:13am On Aug 01, 2015
Rexyl:

Your assumption is wrong doing well as a leader has to do we the ability of individual, and probably with support and cooperation of others. Why did you deliberately removed certain rulers from the north from your list, 3 powerful rulers? Probably you think they didn't perform well. Mind you the best in those leaders mentioned was connected with full support and cooperation of leaders from the South. They were supported, cooperated with and sense of direction.

It never b possible for successful leadership w/o south cooperation even during military. I neva argue that. But my pt is that the dominant in leading the country back dates to the early literacy of the north compare to south
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by WailingWailer: 11:14am On Aug 01, 2015
That was the beginning of British siring the Hausas
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by eagleccentric(m): 11:15am On Aug 01, 2015
[quote author=SaniSANOH post=36478182]NORTHERNER ARE LITRATE RIGHT EVEN BEFORE THE ADVENT OF THE BRITISH
Yet, you called them names.

They called us ILLITRATES, little did they know that we were LITRATE even the Advent of the European to the the country ( NIGERIA.)

WUBBISH (According to my 5 year old son)

Yous say you guys were LITRATE!!
This shows your level of 'ILLITERACY'
Yet while you need only 2 marks to get into "Merit" list at National Common Entrance, southerners will get 270 and still be denied admission!!!
Yes you are indeed LITRATE but definitely not LITERATE
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by freecocoa(f): 11:16am On Aug 01, 2015
fulanimafia:

You seem to need some education yourself.
You are a good example of an illiterate.

Why did the OP not specify the area of literacy? Like we all don't know what he intended with the picture/post.

So you believe the definition of a literate person, you came up with is being able to read and write arabic in an english speaking country? Educate yourself before venturing out to educate another.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by fulanimafia: 11:18am On Aug 01, 2015
WailingWailer:
That was the beginning of British siring empowering the Hausas

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by fulanimafia: 11:23am On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
You are a good example of an illiterate.

Why did the OP not specify the area of literacy? Like we all don't know what he intended with the picture/post.

So you believe the definition of a literate person, you came up with is being able to read and write arabic in an english speaking country? Educate yourself before venturing out to educate another.

Literacy is not defined by field, but is a free-standing concept and ageless principle.

If you can read, write, and possess knowledge about ANY specified field (which was clearly arabic from the photos), you are considered literate according to the Oxford Dictionary. That's the OP's point.

Furthermore, I have provided pictorial evidence of WESTERN education being taught and encouraged around the same period.

You need to brush up on your comprehension, it is letting you down badly sad

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/literacy

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by firstolalekan(m): 11:26am On Aug 01, 2015
SilentPrince:

What are you saying? Being literate is being able to read. Anyone can read. What matters is the ability to understand and apply knowledge. If the Northerners were educated they would know that having Sharia Courts , Suicidal tendencies, female genital mutilation, preventing kids from going to school etc are terrible ideas and should not be encouraged. But no, despite being able to read and write they fail to be educated.
Uneducated dunce

Do you know what sharia court is
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 01, 2015
I zoom x400 to check facial expression,i no see any hint of shock and surprise oh,abi you be time traveller,where you there nii?
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by freecocoa(f): 11:36am On Aug 01, 2015
fulanimafia:

Literacy is not defined by field, but is a free-standing concept and ageless principle.

If you can read, write, and possess knowledge about ANY specified field (which was clearly arabic from the photos), you are considered literate according to the Oxford Dictionary. That's the OP's point.

Furthermore, I have provided pictorial evidence of WESTERN education being taught and encouraged around the same period.

You need to brush up on your comprehension, it is letting you down badly sad

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/literacy
My friend, if you can read and write arabic, you are considered literate in arabic, that was not the intent of the OP and you know it but have chosen to lie through your teeth.

The definition according to the dictionary which you bring, we all know so I don't seem to get what you are trying to prove.

How you can opine that a person who read/writes only arabic in an english speaking nation is literate in the general sense of the word, tells a lot about your knowledge.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 01, 2015
SaniSANOH:
NORTHERNER ARE LITRATE RIGHT EVEN BEFORE THE ADVENT OF THE BRITISH

They called us ILLITRATES, little did they know that we were LITRATE even the Advent of the European to the the country ( NIGERIA.)

SEE picture of QUEEN ELIZABETH shocked and surprise with how Northern are READING and WRITING in Kano. Years before independent.

© Powered by: #sanisanoh

Source:
https://sanisanohblog./2015/07/31/northerner-are-litrate-right-even-before-the-advent-of-the-british/?preview=true

please where is the shock? Fake headlines everywhere
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Tinyemeka(m): 11:45am On Aug 01, 2015
SirShymexx:

Well, being fascinated actually captured it better than shocked cos to be held spellbound is a great look. The Hausas (not the whole Northern Nigeria) have always been literate from probably the 15th/16th century and I believe they have tons of written documents dating back to that period, as part of Songha empire, with other cultures across West Africa.

I may agree with you, but the argument now is: what exactly were those literature and learning, used to achieve?
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by fulanimafia: 11:48am On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
My friend, if you can read and write arabic, you are considered literate in arabic, that was not the intent of the OP and you know it but have chosen to lie through your teeth.

The definition according to the dictionary which you bring, we all know so I don't seem to get what you are trying to prove.

How you can opine that a person who read/writes only arabic in an english speaking nation is literate in the general sense of the word, tells a lot about your knowledge.

There's no 'general sense' of the word literacy. Its definition is definite, you're only grasping at straws.

Would you then call a Russian scientist researching in America who does not understand English an illiterate?

You're severely unexposed, which is why you think only the Koran is being studied in Arabic. These children do sums, and study arabic literature in various fields including Law (Sharia'h) so before you mention me again, expose yourself to some enlightenment.

Cheers.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by fulanimafia: 11:51am On Aug 01, 2015
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by WailingWailer: 11:52am On Aug 01, 2015
fulanimafia:

Take it or leave it, the British still remain your masters. They sired you and for that ur forever indebted to them wink
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by fulanimafia: 11:56am On Aug 01, 2015
WailingWailer:

Take it or leave it, the British still remain your masters. They sired you and for that ur forever indebted to them wink

Okay, and you are their masters abi? grin grin

This thread is really exposing the poorly educated in Nigeria. Please look up the concept of sovereignty.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 01, 2015
SaniSANOH:
NORTHERNER ARE LITRATE RIGHT EVEN BEFORE THE ADVENT OF THE BRITISH

SEE picture of QUEEN ELIZABETH shocked and surprise with how Northern are READING and WRITING in Kano. Years before independent.

© Powered by: #sanisanoh

Source:
https://sanisanohblog./2015/07/31/northerner-are-litrate-right-even-before-the-advent-of-the-british/?preview=true

Its funny no one noticed the independent instead of independence.....Notherners need to hold their leaders by the neck for years of neglect and not trying to prove they are educated which makes it worse.. Reading comments from Notherners and Southerners on newspaper facebook pages gives you an idea of the level of intellectual gap between the two sides..

I did my service at Government College Katsina. I remember how i taught nonsense sometimes unchallenged by the students who don't even know what i am teaching..I dare not try that in a Government secondary school in the South,so something is very wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by fulanimafia: 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2015
MrLouisVanGaal:

Its funny no one noticed the independent instead of independence.....Notherners need to hold their leaders by the neck for years of neglect and not trying to prove they are educated which makes it worse.. Reading comments from Notherners and Southerners on newspaper facebook pages gives you an idea of the level of intellectual gap between the two sides..

I did my service at Government College Katsina. I remember how i taught nonsense sometimes unchallenged by the students who don't even know what i am teaching..I dare not try that in a Government secondary school in the South,so something is very wrong somewhere.

Are you suggesting southerners have been holding their leaders by the neck for years, which is why poverty, environmental degradation and chronic underdevelopment ravages the ND? Or S/Easterners have been holding their leaders responsible which is why Aba looks like a refuse dump?

Can you deny that students in Bayelsa have to be tricked, coerced and beaten before they come to school? (Personal experience at Kolokuma/Opokuma LG)

Remove the log in your eye before pointing out the speck in others.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inside Kano Secondary School Classroom At Panshekara (Pictures) / Female Teacher Faces Jail For Having Intercourse With Student, 17, Eight Times / How To Delaminate A Certificate In 3 Easy Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.