Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) (67727 Views)

Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked / How Students Write Exams At The American University Of Nigeria (Photos) / Facts About Nigeria: You'll Be Shocked To Find Out You Don't Know 99% Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by abdulkayus(m): 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
I know what I wrote and I reiterated that in my first reply you.

No, reading and writing only Arabic, which is as a result of religious inclination, does not make one literate.

U are wrong u know. So those arab christians in Palestine, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq that write, read and converse in arabic are also not literate?
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Victorjerry68: 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2015
u guts should stop wasting our time. what are they reading? this is exactly what gave birth to BOKO HARAM. let them continue reading until there is no single soul in the North
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Tinyemeka(m): 7:29pm On Aug 01, 2015

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nice one...
SilentPrince:
Being literate is not the issue. Being educated is.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by abdulaz: 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2015
sage2:

Are you Arab? We are talking about Nigeria and you are bringing Arabs into the matter. Black man mentality.
Just for the record, you know that one of the early form of education to reach the north was Arabic /Islamic education even before the British came.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:06pm On Aug 01, 2015
SilentPrince:
Being literate is not the issue. Being educated is.

Then stop calling them illiterates at the slightest opportunity.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by ghananotnaija(m): 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
gatiano:
Kano in 1940 is obviously healthier than Kano in 2015.
Obviously healthier? Do you have any data to back that up?
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by hushmail: 9:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
SaniSANOH:
NORTHERNER ARE LITRATE RIGHT EVEN BEFORE THE ADVENT OF THE BRITISH
Yet, you called them names.

They called us ILLITRATES, little did they know that we were LITRATE even the Advent of the European to the the country ( NIGERIA.)

SEE picture of QUEEN ELIZABETH shocked and surprise with how Northern are READING and WRITING in Kano. Years before independent.

© Powered by: #sanisanoh

Source:
https://sanisanohblog./2015/07/31/northerner-are-litrate-right-even-before-the-advent-of-the-british/?preview=true

nobody call you ILLITRATES grin grin grin
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by gatiano(m): 9:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
For one, Food were original. today, they are 85% synthetic.
Today's houses are made up of some aluminium and aluminium roof, that is not good
Fluoricent light means fluorine-essence light. Fluorinated water etc. Fluorine is the most poisonous element on the earth or planet.

All what I am trying to say is that development must always occur and should be constant, however, it should be in line with the ways that support the well being of occupier (Black people in Kano) entirely.

We need to reinstate and re-organize chemistry and biology mainly for the Black people and introduce a new course and subject "Melaniology", and to make it compulsory for all Black people to study, including MATHEMATICS.

Once we are equipped with the knowledge of self which will include the biological knowledge, chemical, anatomical, physiological knowledge etc of ourselves, we will create and environment and economy suited for our development.

We are extremely different from all other races.

ghananotnaija:
Obviously healthier? Do you have any data to back that up?

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by ghananotnaija(m): 9:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
gatiano:
For one, Food were original. today, they are 85% synthetic.
Today's houses are made up of some aluminium and aluminium roof, that is not good
Fluoricent light means fluorine-essence light. Fluorinated water etc. Fluorine is the most poisonous element on the earth or planet.

All what I am trying to say is that development must always occur and should be constant, however, it should be in line with the ways that support the well being of occupier (Black people in Kano) entirely.

We need to reinstate and re-organize chemistry and biology mainly for the Black people and introduce a new course and subject "Melaniology", and to make it compulsory for all Black people to study, including MATHEMATICS.

Once we are equipped with the knowledge of self which will include the biological knowledge, chemical, anatomical, physiological knowledge etc of ourselves, we will create and environment and economy suited for our development.

We are extremely different from all other races.

Sir, I asked you to demonstrate how was Kano healthier in 1940 than now. You went on to mention synthetic food, aluminium roofs, fluorescent lights, implying a connection with ill health for some not-so-obvious and ostensibly questionable reason, but never giving health data showing either a decrease in life expectancy, in hospital visits, or anything that actually shows people are less healthy.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by lyricalz: 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2015
Aboki! Shine my shoe
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by gatiano(m): 10:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
Going into that to find data and what not, I leave that to you to research on your own. Up until 1940 and until 1980, Our great grand parents and grand parents lived a long healthy lives.

105 year old man still farming, I saw THEM with my eyes, not one or two, but multitude of them, 117 years old woman still making her own bean cake and selling them in the market. GUESS WHAT? They never had shelves filled with tablets. This was in 1980s.

Today, 65 years old man battling prostrate, 50 year old woman shouting all night till morning about joint pain. dead at 70, after slight stroke, we celebrate as long life well lived. And if we have some functional illitrate at 85 years of age, then you need to go and search their shelves, the medications in them will pay some people's 3 years rent.
We do still have some very old and active Elders, Where are they? They are in the villages.

There is no need for data in this instances brother.

ghananotnaija:

Sir, I asked you to demonstrate how was Kano healthier in 1940 than now. You went on to mention synthetic food, aluminium roofs, fluorescent lights, implying a connection with ill health for some not-so-obvious and ostensibly questionable reason, but never giving health data showing either a decrease in life expectancy, in hospital visits, or anything that actually shows people are less healthy.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by nagoma(m): 10:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
SilentPrince:

What are you saying? Being literate is being able to read. Anyone can read. What matters is the ability to understand and apply knowledge. If the Northerners were educated they would know that having Sharia Courts, Suicidal tendencies, female genital mutilation, preventing kids from going to school etc are terrible ideas and should not be encouraged. But no, despite being able to read and write they fail to be educated.

If you are educated you would know that FGM is more of southern thing. All females from the SE are circumcisized.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by nagoma(m): 10:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
millionaireman:

Literate in Arabic language and culture.

In the 1970s during the reign of northern military dictators, a PhD holder from the south of Nigeria was equated to an Alhaji from the north who hardly passed through primary school. Going to Mecca then was all that was required for a northerner to be equal to a PhD holder from the south.

We saw the PhD from the South. Good Luck Jonathan PhD virtually destroyed the country in the 6 most tragic years of Nigeria's history, don't tell us about southern PhDs please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 01, 2015
SaniSANOH:
NORTHERNER ARE LITRATE RIGHT EVEN BEFORE THE ADVENT OF THE BRITISH
Yet, you called them names.

They called us ILLITRATES, little did they know that we were LITRATE even the Advent of the European to the the country ( NIGERIA.)

SEE picture of QUEEN ELIZABETH shocked and surprise with how Northern are READING and WRITING in Kano. Years before independent.

© Powered by: #sanisanoh

Source:
https://sanisanohblog./2015/07/31/northerner-are-litrate-right-even-before-the-advent-of-the-british/?preview=true

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2692489_fbimg1438371727415_jpege9f1fa88ded6a3fe152bf5159e3f99a8
Possibly staged to impress the queen! What language are they literate in? They are scribbling trashes on papers like the dullard of a president does in his office. Bunch of terrorists who refuse western type of education. Now want to kill those who disagree with their primitive nature. Northerners are savages! angry lipsrsealed cry
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
gatiano:
Kano in 1940 is obviously healthier than Kano in 2015. Kano in 1940 is better suited for melanin dominant Black people than what it is now in 2015.
The structure of Kano in 1940 was suppose to be improved upon in that same direction which will definintely be better than the europeanized ways that it is in 2015 sucking out the energy off from the people.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry angry undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by corektchic: 2:17am On Aug 02, 2015
nagoma:

We saw the PhD from the South. Good Luck Jonathan PhD virtually destroyed the country in the 6 most tragic years of Nigeria's history, don't tell us about southern PhDs please.
GEJ destroyed what your array of northern dictators started destroying from the military era. so sharrap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by corektchic: 2:21am On Aug 02, 2015
nagoma:

If you are educated you would know that FGM is more of southern thing. All females from the SE are circumcisized.
u lie!! we've grown past that stage pls. I wasn't circumsized neither is my daughter.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by nagoma(m): 5:53am On Aug 02, 2015
corektchic:

u lie!! we've grown past that stage pls. I wasn't circumsized neither is my daughter.

So you are the only exception. And I will believe it when I see it.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by gatiano(m): 10:26am On Aug 02, 2015
I once knew a baby, now grown, whenever he feels something not balanced, He sings, and the poem goes like "mumu mumu.. mumu mumu mumu.." as he began to develop a stronger vocal cord, he developed the song into "mo ron, mo ron, mo ron, mumo ron". He was a smart baby.

all4naija:

Possibly staged to impress the queen! What language are they literate in? They are scribbling trashes on papers like the dullard of a president does in his office. Bunch of terrorists who refuse western type of education. Now want to kill those who disagree with their primitive nature. Northerners are savages! angry lipsrsealed cry
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by ghananotnaija(m): 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
gatiano:
Going into that to find data and what not, I leave that to you to research on your own.
No, you made up this claim that people were healthier back then, the onus is on you to prove it with hard facts (data), not anecdotal evidence, which is inadmissible in science.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by SaniSANOH(m): 12:21am On Aug 03, 2015
shevi4mb:

But reading and writing English is Education to u huh? Ur illiterate village uncles washing toilet here also can speak French... Mumu brainwashed slave

And the same ppl u called all these names has been leading ur forefathers ever since u know ur self and they will Continue to lead u till u die, u have no choice, nothing for you

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by shevi4mb(m): 10:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
SaniSANOH:

And the same ppl u called all these names has been leading ur forefathers ever since u know ur self and they will Continue to lead u till u die, u have no choice, nothing for you
Who ar d ppl em callin names? Didn't knw ur uncle's also part of 'em here. And if they are to rule anytin, maybe ur asylum seekin fellows. Even ur pix can confirm dat it's genetic tin.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:19am On Aug 06, 2015
SaniSANOH:

Don't mind him, he is very ignorant; see picture of his forefather then and let him note the difference- history doesn't lie.

Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by toprealman: 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2016
musicwriter:
This's a clear evidence that we were schooled and had our own system of education even before our unfortunate contact with Europe. Yet, you'll see fools everywhere, including on this forum arguing that white man brought us everything.

As a matter of fact, colonial powers discouraged mass education in Africa cause they knew it will quicken our independence. The emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi do have a documented prove of the British preventing mass education in Nigeria. Colonialists only wanted education for a few princes who will act as a conduit for further exploitation of Africa and it's resources.
schooled by copying Koran?
Re: Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) by Alexis0147(m): 11:14am On Jul 30, 2017
she was bewildered by the level of backwardness in did modern age

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inside Kano Secondary School Classroom At Panshekara (Pictures) / Female Teacher Faces Jail For Having Intercourse With Student, 17, Eight Times / Stop Saying “how Was Your Night”, Here’s What To Say Instead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.