Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards (32478 Views)

No More Witches In Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife / Ooni, Enitan Ogunwusi, Returns From The Forest With The Traditional Crown / A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2015
scholes0:

Om'Iwerre dede.
re u itsekiri or yoruba, ?
Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
kennyman2000:
Chai... Naija,, such a very backward country..
name one other country that is frontward please... Don't u dare mention america or uk cos they practice demonolgy and satanism and other witchcraft courses even in this present time.

Mtcheww... Some people just wan comment by all means #smh.

3 Likes

Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by 1miccza: 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2015
bqlekan:
unique you say? Yes we are so unique, we always have the highest hit from epidemics, we seem to be the victim of racism, the ones with poor economy. If we can't love ourselves, the world won't.

You see most of the negatives,i see positives,i am very sure that if we were that filled with negatives,the continent would have long gone extinct. I am African,i rep the African culture and pride #Africanandproudofit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by bqlekan(m): 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
1miccza:

You see most of the negatives,i see positives,i am very sure that if we were that filled with negatives,the continent would have long gone extinct. I am African,i rep the African culture and pride #Africanandproudofit
You are getting this all mixed up, a Nigerian and proud to be one. i think we should make do with all primitive cultures. lemme guess you would have supported the killing of twins if still in existence, the stoning of witches, seclusion of lepers e.t.c. lets wake up.
Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by 1miccza: 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2015
bqlekan:
You are getting this all mixed up, a Nigerian and proud to be one. i think we should make do with all primitive cultures. lemme guess you would have supported the killing of twins if still in existence, the stoning of witches, seclusion of lepers e.t.c. lets wake up.

Nope i won't now there are antidotes to that religion and Christianity and hence civilization..
Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by bqlekan(m): 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
1miccza:

Nope i won't now there are antidotes to that religion and Christianity and hence civilization..
religion is not enough, instead, we see it as a base for divide and hate, (go to the religions section and see for yourself) it's all about the individuals we are the only one that can put a stop to this. Religion hasn't stop them from throwing a corpse into the bush, civilization didn't teach them that the corpse can pollute the environment. now you see why we are always the worst hit by any endemic..
Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by scholes0(m): 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
Goodboiyy:

re u itsekiri or yoruba, ?

I am Yoruba.
Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by 1miccza: 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2015
bqlekan:
religion is not enough, instead, we see it as a base for divide and hate, (go to the religions section and see for yourself) it's all about the individuals we are the only one that can put a stop to this. Religion hasn't stop them from throwing a corpse into the bush, civilization didn't teach them that the corpse can pollute the environment. now you see why we are always the worst hit by any endemic..

That's why i said i'll rather opt for modification not outright extinction of our culture and tradition. But unfortunately it's not subject to a debate on the floor of the house....
Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by bqlekan(m): 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2015
1miccza:

That's why i said i'll rather opt for modification not outright extinction of our culture and tradition. But unfortunately it's not subject to a debate on the floor of the house....
you are right, some needs modification and some needs extinction.. there shouldn't be anything like evil forest sef.
and dont expect them to discuss that, i think some of them have their gains from this primitive cultures
Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by 1miccza: 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
bqlekan:
you are right, some needs modification and some needs extinction.. there shouldn't be anything like evil forest sef.
and dont expect them to discuss that, i think some of them have their gains from this primitive cultures

Very soon one big boy would build lines of estates and all and that would be the end of the so called evil forest,in my place we had a tradition like that today it's a large line of buildings...
Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by bqlekan(m): 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
1miccza:

Very soon one big boy would build lines of estates and all and that would be the end of the so called evil forest,in my place we had a tradition like that today it's a large line of buildings...
you are right my man, may God help us all
Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by 1miccza: 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
bqlekan:
you are right my man, may God help us all

Amen oo bros

1 Like

Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by macof(m): 6:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
jnrbayano:
I can now understand the magnitude of task the early missionaries had to accomplish in bringing in Christianity (light) into the country.

These kinds of "evil" forest were offered to them to build churches and schools needed for evangelism thinking that they will be killed but they cleared those portions of "evil" land with whistling and praises.

Stop letting some dumb foreigners opinion of you define you

1 Like

Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by macof(m): 10:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
Goodboiyy:

80% of ilaje language is from Itsekiri, maybe Ilaje migrated from Itskiri

#Biggrin

Not from but of same origins, Ilaje is much older than Itsekiri

The earliest inhabitants of ijebu land (The idoko people) most likely came from Ilaje...later on Ijebu explorers populated the land that became Itsekiri kingdom under a Bini Prince.

So here's the string of historical connections
Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
Barbarians! cry cry cry
Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by donphilopus: 11:00pm On Aug 01, 2015
courage54:

It also happens in Ibillo in Akoko Edo. I think Igarra too

No o. God forbid o bros. We don't do it in Igarra o. I'm from there. Anyone that wants to do that for his/her late relations goes to Somorika to run it!!
Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by macof(m): 11:19pm On Aug 01, 2015
bqlekan:

Sharrap dia! What do you know about african practices you bleeping slave minded slowpoke.

You sit in the house typing nonsense about what you don't know about
A simple question to you about ur ancestry u would keep quiet like fool but you have the guts to blast ur ancestry with insults

This is exactly what Europeans hoped to gain from the terrible lies told against ur fathers and you stupidly believed foreigners over ur people

Open ur eyes and know yourself. ..know your identity

1 Like

Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by macof(m): 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
bqlekan:

So because one small village in calabar area killed twins, we won't hear the end of it

Stoning of witches and seclusion of lepers are an European thing

1 Like

Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by macof(m): 11:32pm On Aug 01, 2015
otiigba1:
i have, still makes no sense all read is people still practising an ancient archaic tradition/believes perhaps they should also kill twin children as that is also an ancient and an archaic believe/tradition that twin children were evil

Anyway, what do i know? People has the the right to practise/believe what they want, i don't believe there is a thing called witch,witcraft or wizard

In China they eat lizards . ..so many cultures in the world do things that irritate other cultures

Even the US and Europe have Shamans and Wiccans...stop deceiving urself that u are underdeveloped for having ideas of witches. ..every nation has people with such ideas and beliefs

Don't be more western than African. ..stop trying to be who you're not...u will only fail

Nobody kills twins as part of a cultural or traditional practice. ..stop ur lies. ..

1 Like

Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by bqlekan(m): 10:07am On Aug 02, 2015
macof:

Sharrap dia! What do you know about african practices you bleeping slave minded slowpoke.

You sit in the house typing nonsense about what you don't know about
A simple question to you about ur ancestry u would keep quiet like fool but you have the guts to blast ur ancestry with insults

This is exactly what Europeans hoped to gain from the terrible lies told against ur fathers and you stupidly believed foreigners over ur people

Open ur eyes and know yourself. ..know your identity
I won't engage you in this discussion. Come back when you learn to show some respect. Atleast respect is part of our culture.
Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by macof(m): 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
bqlekan:
I won't engage you in this discussion. Come back when you learn to show some respect. Atleast respect is part of our culture.

Better you don't engage me cus respect is reciprocal. ..nd also respect can only be given to he who respects himself. ..clearly you don't respect yourself
Re: Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards by Godsbaby1(f): 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
omotoyossi:
lmao..look at them here again..wantin 2 claim evrifin..Yes na..u guys created n developed delta state too,nd d whole southsouth.
!
igbos knw very well that Itsekiri is not Igbo and has no intention of draging u guys, the guy means to my own understanding that Obi is an Igbo word which is popular in Nigeria, in Igbo Obi = king, obi = as a domain of a king or poeple, Obi = heart, stop behaving as if Itsekiri is knwn any where, or they are important, cunning poeple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) / Ooni Of Ife, Obasanjo Celebrate Olori Omobolanle Bakre Of Agura Land At 45 / Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.