Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,107 members, 7,807,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw (1095 Views)

Happening Now...4 Million Troop To The Streets; Nnamdi Kanu Expected To Arrive / Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw / SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by senier007(m): 11:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
Electricity generation across the country has continued to maintain a continuous rise from 4,000megawatts just as it rose to 4,662mw on Wednesday.
Although the system began to rise in capacity from late June 2015, electricity customers across the 11 Distribution companies (Discos) had complained of not seeing a commensurate improvement in power supply hourly.
However, Daily Trust findings across Kubwa, Lugbe, Apo and other suburbs in Abuja and parts of Nasarawa state revealed that consumers since the weekend are beginning to see a better electricity hour.
Munir Ojo, a resident of Kabayi, Mararaba suburb of Nasarawa state said, “Since Friday, the supply started growing longer. We could now expect power from 9pm and that could last till 6am. That has happened till Tuesday.”
Records available from the Presidential Task Force on Power (PTFP) also show that power sent out after generation has slightly improved from the less than 3,500mw in early July to 3,988mw last Tuesday July, 28.
But the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) in a statement yesterday confirmed this as it said ‘the National Grid Transmission has recorded another peak of 4,662mw.’
Its General Manager, Public Affairs, Seun Olagunju said the new peak was attained at 08.00pm on Tuesday less than 15 days after TCN announced the attainment of a historic peak generation of 4656mw on July 15.

Source: http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/business/61332-electricity-grid-maintains-rise-now-4-662mw

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by senier007(m): 11:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
New Sherrif in town, even the once though problems that can't be solve have started falling into places,even the all powerful PDP that feed and survive on corruption are broke, for the first time, security situation is taking shape, light is almost everywhere, corruption will soon go into either oblivious or extinction.

Sai Baba
It's well

6 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2015
grin
Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
All I know is that their is an improvement in power supply these past weeks and I'm feeling it, my power bank has not been used for the past one week. Kudos to GEJ for his transformation agenda which brought the privatization of the power industry and building of some power plants and kudos to PMB for securing the pipe lines through the military which increase the power output because of lack of pipe lines vandalism and finally thanks to baba God for the rain which increase our dams output
Modified as I type now 13:28 am it has been raining heavily and their is light which have never happen before it only starts these few weeks

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by doctokwus: 11:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
Just in 2months,lots of positive changes.
Bear it in mind baba has not actually set into action his major plans and his frontal attack on corruption (forget all these eye service by EFCC).
If things can b showing these signs in just 2months,one can only salivate what 4yrs of PMB will bring to this nation.
Buhari acting the messiah since 1983.

5 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by abduljabbar4(m): 2:20am On Aug 01, 2015
People should stop attributing this to gej cos why is it now that we are enjoying it? Lets not forget how we suffered 2 weeks before he left office.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by abduljabbar4(m): 2:22am On Aug 01, 2015
doctokwus:
Just in 2months,lots of positive changes.
Bear it in mind baba has not actually set into action his major plans and his frontal attack on corruption (forget all these eye service by EFCC).
If things can b showing these signs in just 2months,one can only salivate what 4yrs of PMB will bring to this nation.
Buhari acting the messiah since 1983.
Buhari will become the new Nelson Mandela by 2019. In fact greater than Mandela

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by engrjacuzzi: 3:20am On Aug 01, 2015
we with get there..... God bless Nigeria
Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by vicadex07(m): 3:34am On Aug 01, 2015
thunder fire you there...if to say na boko haram kill pesin now, you no go think before you talk say na buhari fault
Ucheosefoh:
All I know is that their is an improvement in power supply these past weeks and I'm feeling it, my power bank has not been used for the past one week. Kudos to GEJ for his transformation agenda which brought the privatization of the power industry and building of some power plants and kudos to PMB for securing the pipe lines through the military which increase the power output because of lack of pipe lines vandalism and finally thanks to baba God for the rain which increase our dams output
Modified as I type now 13:28 am it has been raining heavily and their is light which have never happen before it only starts these few weeks

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by agabusta: 4:11am On Aug 01, 2015
God bless PMB! The president whose body language sends shivers down the spines of looters and economic saboteurs.

Thank u for maintaining visible peace in the Naija Delta without having to put our fate in the hands of OPC and egbesu boys.

BTW
Why do people keep attributing this increased electricity production to rainy season?

Does that mean we have not had rainy season in the last 5 yrs??

Infact the rains this year has been considerably low sef compared to the rains of last 2,3 years and August break is already here on us.

Also our biggest power plant at Egbin (1320MW) is gas-fired. We have just about 3 or 4 hydroelectric power stations in Nigeria. Kainji the biggest one has maximum out put of 800MW.

Definitely the rains will contribute it's quota to improved power, but it cannot be as drastic as to the change i'm experiencing in my area in Lag. smiley smiley

God bless GMB. God will continue to give u wisdom, strengthen and uphold u to make Nigeria a better country.

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by efilefun(m): 4:18am On Aug 01, 2015
Baba is working Tanoids are wailing

4 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by efilefun(m): 4:26am On Aug 01, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
Was the "privatization of power industry" done in April or May cuz I don't seems to understand why u bringing in GEJ to this matter, I could still remember vividly how some friends back in Nigeria had to cling to their phones while i gave them updates of May 29 simply cuz there was no light nor fuel to power the gen, and you here calling that drunkard's name "Abegiii gerrrarra here men for real"

5 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by kennyman2000(m): 4:44am On Aug 01, 2015
Good one
Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by chukel(m): 6:13am On Aug 01, 2015
I have always known baba will deliver. Never doubted that. Even gej's people in bayelsa have realized it and have started thanking those who saw to the exit of their son cos they are also enjoying the improved power. Ride on PMB.
Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by Segadem(m): 6:34am On Aug 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:
People should stop attributing this to gej cos why is it now that we are enjoying it? Lets not forget how we suffered 2 weeks before he left office.
Gbam

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by bodekom92(m): 6:46am On Aug 01, 2015
Haven't fueled generator for about a week or so now... Sometimes I don't know what to do with the power supply
Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by Chubhie: 6:51am On Aug 01, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
This is a Balanced diet.
Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by omenka(m): 7:02am On Aug 01, 2015
And Baba Do Good keeps them goodies coming. Well meaning Nigerians are solidly behind you sir. Keep up your good works.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 01, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
Which kind military secured the pipelines? Do you know how many thousands of kilometers of gas pipelines we're talking about? How come they couldn't secure even the notorious Arepo pipeline?

My dear, the incessant vandalism was politically motivated, and with the results of the last election, it was mission accomplished. Let's just hope that the PDP does seek to retake power using the APC's evil, wicked and demonic formula.

Meanwhile, what we need for sustained improvement in power supply is not a paltry 4000 megawatts. We need to build capacity to generate and transmit over 20000 megawatts. The current is lucky to have inherited healthy reforms from the last govt. All that is needed now is consolidation and expansion
Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by mentorandfriend(m): 7:20am On Aug 01, 2015
I've not had light for the past three days sha o.grin
Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by tosmartak(m): 8:14am On Aug 01, 2015
mentorandfriend:
I've not had light for the past three days sha o.grin

Your transformer has been stolen.
Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by mentorandfriend(m): 8:18am On Aug 01, 2015
tosmartak:

Your transformer has been stolen.
Na you come steal am abi?
Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by Chuksaluta(m): 8:22am On Aug 01, 2015
The people sabotaging our gas lines have stopped. we always had the capacity, just that gas supplies to power plants was been sabotaged.
Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by tosmartak(m): 8:27am On Aug 01, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Na you come steal am abi?

grin So you saw me. #RunningAway

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by slimfit1(m): 8:27am On Aug 01, 2015
Pmb till 2023 El Rufai get ready.
Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:42am On Aug 01, 2015
vicadex07:
thunder fire you there...if to say na boko haram kill pesin now, you no go think before you talk say na buhari fault
It seems like you lack comprehension skills if that is the case go back to school. Go back and read what I wrote again you will see that I praise both GEJ for his reform in the power sector and PMB for maintaining the progress so why cursing me for making my point?
Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:49am On Aug 01, 2015
efilefun:
Was the "privatization of power industry" done in April or May cuz I don't seems to understand why u bringing in GEJ to this matter, I could still remember vividly how some friends back in Nigeria had to cling to their phones while i gave them updates of May 29 simply cuz there was no light nor fuel to power the gen, and you here calling that drunkard's name "Abegiii gerrrarra here men for real"
Even till now that PMB is in power some areas still are not witnessing the improve power supply so I think the local PHCN in your friends area is to be blame. Mind you I also witness this improve supply during GEJ time so I know why I commend him because PMB has not taken any action in power supply except the pipelines security so what we are enjoying now is 80 percent GEJ and 20 percent PMB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw by tuniski: 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2015
All the buharists trying hard to give buhari credit for doing nothing. A man whose govt is yet to take off except flip flopping reversal and denials. Buhari is a scam and a Bad copy of pdp and Gej's transformation.

(1) (Reply)

Wike Yesterday, Wike Today. / Sgf, Ogbonnaya Onu And Vainglorious Nigerians / Shocking!!! President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.