Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Mongoose/xampp: Using Php(on Mongoose) To Insert Data Into Mysql On Xampp - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mongoose/xampp: Using Php(on Mongoose) To Insert Data Into Mysql On Xampp (1284 Views)

Can Not Post Data Into Database / How Can I Insert Registration Data Into MYSQL Database After Checking Checkbox / How To Insert Data Into An Online Mysql Database In Java (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mongoose/xampp: Using Php(on Mongoose) To Insert Data Into Mysql On Xampp by uvalued(m): 3:58am On Aug 01, 2015
Hi, am trying to use/understand how a remote server works.

I have this insert.php which is on a mongoose server on my computer, and it is to insert data into mysql database which is on xampp also on my computer.

Is it possible to do such?

I read on tizag http://www.tizag.com/mysqlTutorial/mysqlconnection.php

MySQL localhost

If you've been around the internet a while, you'll know that IP addresses are used as identifiers for computers and web servers. In this example of a connection script, we assume that the MySQL service is running on the same machine as the script.

When the PHP script and MySQL are on the same machine, you can use localhost as the address you wish to connect to. localhost is a shortcut to just have the machine connect to itself. If your MySQL service is running at a separate location you will need to insert the IP address or URL in place of localhost. Please contact your web host for more details if localhost does not work.

in other words, am i to use in my mysqli connection page (on mongoose server), write "localhost,username,password" to refer to the mysql database, and it will be inserted?

please sorry am trying to put words to my idea if it does not seem correct but hope it makes sense.

(1) (Reply)

We offer SMS Shortcodes for SMS voting services / How My One Month Old Hard Disk Stopped Working / Japan Based Nigerian Developer To Unveil Nigeria’s Messaging App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.