Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 (3127 Views)

Scriptures Expounded: The Hebrew Midwives... - Exodus 1:17 / Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / Scriptures Expounded: About Wet Dreams And Human Wastes - Deuteronomy 23:10-14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by MuttleyLaff: 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
VLadipo:
And the LORD smelled a sweet savour;
and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake;
for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth;
neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Genesis 8:21
The only time the LORD has sense organs was when He was on earth, as God the Son, Jesus Christ

VLadipo you seem to be taking the anthropomorphism and anthropopathism in the Bible literally

To get biblical messages "understood", attribution of human form (e.g. noses, eyes, ears, etcetera)
or other characteristics (e.g. smelling, seeing, watching etcetera) to beings (e.g. God) other than humans,
is used in the Bible, often as a method of describing the moment or event with things/physical features we as humans relate to

It's like when adults play with babies and they come down to the babies' level,
by starting to do baby-talk, making speech-like sounds produced by babies.
Adults dont talk like that but in want of communicate with the babies, they temporarily adopt this manner of talk, the babies can relate with

As with the baby-talk above, views and interactions with God in the Bible, uses language of human personality, characteristics, features and activities to communicate with us

Anyway, God is noncorporeal, so any anthropomorphism, anthropopathism or personifications used in the Bible or other literature is to make sure the communicated messages gets across understood

Examples of Personification:
1) The long ARM of the law caught up with him
2) The moon WINKED at me through the clouds above
3) The car BECKONED me from across the showroom
4) The lagoon DANCED in the moonlight.
5) Tamedo didn't realize that opportunity WAS KNOCKING at his door
6) Time creeps up on you

God has means or mechanisms to appreciate, approve etcetera, but they arent humanoid or physical in nature

John 4:24
God is a SPIRIT: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth

1 Timothy 1:17
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, INVISIBLE, the only wise God,
be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

VLadipo:
For full scripture-enhanced details,
please visit http://www.dailydevotionalsonline.com/devdetails2.php?devotional=scripturesexpounded&&postername=Temmy&&id=829
I sincerely hope you will go back to your website and make necessary edits

VLadipo:
Visit www.dailydevotionalsonline.com everyday to read a daily devotional, post a testimony or share a challenge.
A problem shared is half-solved
Yeah, and that problem is fully solved when we begin to appreciate that God is a Spirit
It is throwing caution to the wind, to think of God as a physical being or as having physical body parts.
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by MuttleyLaff: 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2015
oluwalfa:
does he have an arsehole?
No He doesnt but He would have had as God the Son, Jesus Christ.

VLadipo:
The answer is in the write up.
Read it.
Dont bother with the write up, read immediate post above this for answer given in detail
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by MuttleyLaff: 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2015
ifeness:
Not only did the "Lord" have a sense organ,
Why Have you got Lord in quotes
God owns you, no doubt,
and whether you like it or not, you will give account for every thought, every word, every action you took here on earth
Put it this way, you will be grilled and made to give account for the life you lived

ifeness:
he also had a magic wand he used to impregnate Mary

God isnt into hat-tricks or abracadabra

ifeness:
People need to understand that the bible God was some alien/humanoid creature
People need to understand that the bible God is a Spirit, who is alien but definitely is not humanoid

ifeness:
who was to0 ugly to come out in the open.
"... to0 ugly to come out in the open" has nothing to do with God as He has no physical features
besides that, when talking of physical features, ugly is relative, just as beauty is anyway
Though God has no physical features to see, He like the wind, is perceptible
God's character is pleasing to the senses and beautiful to behold
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by VLadipo: 8:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
The only time the LORD has sense organs was when He was on earth, as God the Son, Jesus Christ

VLadipo you seem to be taking the anthropomorphism and anthropopathism in the Bible literally

To get biblical messages "understood", attribution of human form (e.g. noses, eyes, ears, etcetera)
or other characteristics (e.g. smelling, seeing, watching etcetera) to beings (e.g. God) other than humans,
is used in the Bible, often as a method of describing the moment or event with things/physical features we as humans relate to

It's like when adults play with babies and they come down to the babies' level,
by starting to do baby-talk, making speech-like sounds produced by babies.
Adults dont talk like that but in want of communicate with the babies, they temporarily adopt this manner of talk, the babies can relate with

As with the baby-talk above, views and interactions with God in the Bible, uses language of human personality, characteristics, features and activities to communicate with us

Anyway, God is noncorporeal, so any anthropomorphism, anthropopathism or personifications used in the Bible or other literature is to make sure the communicated messages gets across understood

Examples of Personification:
1) The long ARM of the law caught up with him
2) The moon WINKED at me through the clouds above
3) The car BECKONED me from across the showroom
4) The lagoon DANCED in the moonlight.
5) Tamedo didn't realize that opportunity WAS KNOCKING at his door
6) Time creeps up on you

God has means or mechanisms to appreciate, approve etcetera, but they arent humanoid or physical in nature

John 4:24
God is a SPIRIT: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth

1 Timothy 1:17
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, INVISIBLE, the only wise God,
be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

I sincerely hope you will go back to your website and make necessary edits

Yeah, and that problem is fully solved when we begin to appreciate that God is a Spirit
It is throwing caution to the wind, to think of God as a physical being or as having physical body parts.

hahahahahahahahahahahaa

I want to assume that you havent taken time to read the full write-up on my website.

You see, all the sense organs were first spiritual before they became physical. We were created in the image and likeness of God.

The LORD had had these sense organs in the spiritual form before He created humans to have them in physical form.

Do you know that we also have animals in Heaven similar to what we have on earth?

The physical is a manifestation of the spiritual.

Nothing happens in the physical that has not yet happened in the spiritual.

In other words, the spiritual controls the physical.

Please read the write up on the website if you have not done. You'd get better understanding. Thank you.
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by MuttleyLaff: 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
VLadipo:
hahahahahahahahahahahaa

I want to assume that you havent taken time to read the full write-up on my website.

You see, all the sense organs were first spiritual before they became physical. We were created in the image and likeness of God.

The LORD had had these sense organs in the spiritual form before He created humans to have them in physical form.

Do you know that we also have animals in Heaven similar to what we have on earth?

The physical is a manifestation of the spiritual.

Nothing happens in the physical that has not yet happened in the spiritual.

In other words, the spiritual controls the physical.

Please read the write up on the website if you have not done. You'd get better understanding. Thank you.

Posted on VLadipo's website:
[size=16pt]The LORD Also Has Sense Organs![/size]

"And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart,
I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth;
neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done
."
Genesis 8:21

The scripture above is rich with many insights into the nature of our God. Indeed, there is no searching of His understanding
(i.e. Hast thou not known?
hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary?
there is no searching of his understanding." - Isaiah 40:28).

Nobody can ever really fully understand or comprehend God. Nevertheless, the Lord doesn’t want us to stop trying or seeking to know and draw close to Him all the more. This can only be done by searching the scriptures
(i.e. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." - John 5:39).

From the scripture at beginning of this passage, we learn that the Lord has a nose hence His ability to smell the sweet savour of the burnt offering offered up unto Him. We also learn that He has a heart with which He makes and takes decisions. Should we be surprised? No!
The Bible meant it in Genesis when it said we were created in God’s image
(i.e. 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, andover the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon theearth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the i mage of God created he him; male and female created he them." - Genesis 1:26-27).

How magnanimous and loving the Father is to us that He should create us in His own image and share some of His organs with us!

He has eyes
(i.e. For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars." - 2 Chronicles 16:9)
and
(i.e. For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings - Proverbs 5:21).

He has a mouth
(i.e. And he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD his God,
and humbled not himself before Jeremiah the prophet speaking from the mouth of the LORD - 2 Chronicles 36:12)
and
(i.e. All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O LORD, when they hear the words of thy mouth." - Psalm 138:4).

He has a nose
(i.e. Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou.
These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day." - Isaiah 65:5).

He has ears
(i.e. And say thou unto the people, Sanctify yourselves against tomorrow, and ye shall eat flesh:
for ye have wept in the ears of the LORD, saying,
Who shall give us flesh to eat? for it was well with us in Egypt:
therefore the LORD will give you flesh, and ye shall eat - Numbers 11:18)
and
(i.e. Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity:
and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them." - Ezekiel 8:18).

The only parts we have that the Lord may not have must definitely be those parts that make us human like the reproductive organs, the excretory organs etc. Also, there are those parts which the Lord has which we do not have as human beings. We’ll have to see Him to confirm what they are. Who are we that the Lord is mindful of us? The Almighty God so loves us that He decides to break Himself down to a level we can comprehend. Indeed, all things were created for His pleasure. Otherwise, how can we fathom that the Lord will be moved so much by the sweet savour of a burnt offering that He decides He’ll neither curse the ground anymore for man’s sake nor smite anymore everything living. Even then, who entered into the Lord’s heart to know what He had decided to do to men.

This goes to show that the Word of the Lord was not merely written by men but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. Moses who wrote the book of Genesis wasn’t born when the event happened. It can only be God who
revealed the thought of His heart at that time to him. What a loving Father we have!
hahahahahahahahahahahaa, as you can see from the reproduced above you assumed wrong

I now want to counter-assume that you havent taken time look up anthropomorphism, anthropopathism or personifications,
nor took in my post before insisting I go re-read the full write-up on your website

You are better off adding part of your latest post to the website to make the content about God having "organs" less misleading and more comprehensible.
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by VLadipo: 4:04am On Aug 16, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

hahahahahahahahahahahaa, as you can see from the reproduced above you assumed wrong

I now want to counter-assume that you havent taken time look up anthropomorphism, anthropopathism or personifications,
nor took in my post before insisting I go re-read the full write-up on your website

You are better off adding part of your latest post to the website to make the content about God having "organs" less misleading and more comprehensible.

Okay, I have checked up the meaning of anthropomorphism while anthropopathism doesnt exist in my dictionary.
As for personification, I have a fairly good idea about that.

All the same, you got it all wrong trying to use earthly wisdom to try and comprehend God.
One of the greatest mistakes any person can make is to read the scripture with earthly wisdom, knowledge and understanding. It just won't work!

The Almighty God is not a god. Hence, anthropomorphism cannot apply to Him!

Even then physical gods are made to look human. The Bible spoke about it and questioned the rationale behind worshipping an object/god with sense organs that are useless or cannot be used.
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by MuttleyLaff: 6:56am On Aug 16, 2015
VLadipo:
Okay, I have checked up the meaning of anthropomorphism
SMH, you should done that at the first instance, instead of the earlier mouthing back

VLadipo:
while anthropopathism doesnt exist in my dictionary
SMH again. What a cop out. In this age of internet or Google, what an unbelievable lame excuse

Anthropopathism is the attribution of human emotions, or the ascription of human feelings or passions to a non-human being, generally to a deity
Read more about it, from the below link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropopathism

VLadipo:
As for personification, I have a fairly good idea about that.
I bet you now would have

VLadipo:
All the same, you got it all wrong trying to use earthly wisdom to try and comprehend God
Again SMH at you hiding behind ''trying to use earthly wisdom to try and comprehend God''

Presenting the truth and facts to you obviously wont change your mind to admit that you've been wrong in writing that God has sense ORGANS
In fact, it just done the opposite, you've become obstinate and responded defensively to the idea and correction that you and/or your writing are wrong in insinuating God has human body parts

Dont you agree that God is not human and so has no human body parts? (e.g. nose, mouth, ears etcetera)
Just as the personified "long arm" of an immaterial law has no literal arm, so a noncorperal, immaterial God too has no physical or human features

Numbers 23:19
God is not human...

Job 9:32
For he is not a human being like I am, ...

VLadipo:
One of the greatest mistakes any person can make is to read the scripture with earthly wisdom, knowledge and understanding. It just won't work!
SMH, I tell you the truth, when you get off your high horse, the Helper, maybe, will come to you, to show and convince you where you are wrong

VLadipo:
The Almighty God is not a god. Hence, anthropomorphism cannot apply to Him!
Stop being incorrigible! Anthropomorphism is used for gods and God, period.

Why am I not surprised you posted this faux pas?
It is because it is OBVIOUS, you didn't read or didnt understand my earlier post explaining the reason behind using anthropomorphism for God

VLadipo:
Even then physical gods are made to look human.
The Bible spoke about it and questioned the rationale behind worshipping an object/god with sense organs that are useless or cannot be used.
I dont know which it is, whether you're confused, ignorant or stubborn, maybe it's all of them or just two of them together, that you are, over this matter

Anthropomorphize by definition, is ascribing human form or body parts to an animal, plant, material object &/or immaterial things, gods, God etc
so if you're claiming, anthropomorphism cannot be applied to God, what is your rationale behind ascribing literal human body features or physical parts to an IMMATERIAL God?

Organs are part of an animal or human body that performs specific functions (e.g. like the nose, the ear, brain, lungs, mouth, skin etc)
When we say the long arm of the law caught up with someone, we dont literally believe the law has a physical arm
but we understand the use of arm in the construct of the statement to make message hit home, as it were

I am repeating this, God has means or mechanisms to appreciate, approve etcetera
(i.e. God has means/mechanisms to see, hear, smell etcetera)
however these means/mechanisms arent humanoid or physical in nature

Job 5:17
"Blessed is the person whom God corrects. That person should not despise discipline from the Almighty.

John 16:8
My son, do not reject the LORD's discipline, and do not despise his correction,
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by VLadipo: 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
SMH, you should done that at the first instance, instead of the earlier mouthing back

SMH again. What a cop out. In this age of internet or Google, what an unbelievable lame excuse

Anthropopathism is the attribution of human emotions, or the ascription of human feelings or passions to a non-human being, generally to a deity
Read more about it, from the below link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropopathism

I bet you now would have

Again SMH at you hiding behind ''trying to use earthly wisdom to try and comprehend God''

Presenting the truth and facts to you obviously wont change your mind to admit that you've been wrong in writing that God has sense ORGANS
In fact, it just done the opposite, you've become obstinate and responded defensively to the idea and correction that you and/or your writing are wrong in insinuating God has human body parts

Dont you agree that God is not human and so has no human body parts? (e.g. nose, mouth, ears etcetera)
Just as the personified "long arm" of an immaterial law has no literal arm, so a noncorperal, immaterial God too has no physical or human features

Numbers 23:19
God is not human...

Job 9:32
For he is not a human being like I am, ...

SMH, I tell you the truth, when you get off your high horse, the Helper, maybe, will come to you, to show and convince you where you are wrong

Stop being incorrigible! Anthropomorphism is used for gods and God, period.

Why am I not surprised you posted this faux pas?
It is because it is OBVIOUS, you didn't read or didnt understand my earlier post explaining the reason behind using anthropomorphism for God

I dont know which it is, whether you're confused, ignorant or stubborn, maybe it's all of them or just two of them together, that you are, over this matter

Anthropomorphize by definition, is ascribing human form or body parts to an animal, plant, material object &/or immaterial things, gods, God etc
so if you're claiming, anthropomorphism cannot be applied to God, what is your rationale behind ascribing literal human body features or physical parts to an IMMATERIAL God?

Organs are part of an animal or human body that performs specific functions (e.g. like the nose, the ear, brain, lungs, mouth, skin etc)
When we say the long arm of the law caught up with someone, we dont literally believe the law has a physical arm
but we understand the use of arm in the construct of the statement to make message hit home, as it were

I am repeating this, God has means or mechanisms to appreciate, approve etcetera
(i.e. God has means/mechanisms to see, hear, smell etcetera)
however these means/mechanisms arent humanoid or physical in nature

Job 5:17
"Blessed is the person whom God corrects. That person should not despise discipline from the Almighty.

John 16:8
My son, do not reject the LORD's discipline, and do not despise his correction,

Wow! I must know the background you are coming from. You definitely must be from one of these cults masqueraded as churches e.g. Grail Message, Eckankar, AMORC etc. You guys are experts in turning scripture on its head to deceive the gullible.

If not, how can you attempt to define/study the Almighty God using Google, the Internet, dictionary etc objects that are mere creations of mostly worldly, God-hating men.
The only way you can know God is by studying the scripture and having the Holy Spirit expound the scriptures to you.

We are on the safer side if we decide to take God's Word as it is than try to read other meanings to it using unbiblical objects.

God as various instances in the Bible said made reference to His organs. He said He created us in His own image and likeness. Who are you to say He meant otherwise?
As I said earlier, all those organs are purely spiritual as God Himself is Spirit.
Angels are known to have features similar to humans in addition to the supernatural one they possess. How much more God?

You better leave that cult masqueraded as a church and give your life to Jesus Christ before it is too late.
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by MuttleyLaff: 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
VLadipo:
Wow! I must know the background you are coming from.
You definitely must be from one of these cults masqueraded as churches e.g. Grail Message, Eckankar, AMORC etc.
You guys are experts in turning scripture on its head to deceive the gullible
SMH. What is the point of this non-sequitur?
Be my guest, if you want to keep on clutching at straws

VLadipo:
If not, how can you attempt to define/study the Almighty God using Google, the Internet, dictionary etc
You know what you are?
You are a brazen hypocrite!
You dont dare deny you dont use Google, the Internet, dictionary etcetera in/for your theology.
What an irony, your website, even is on the Whole World Wide, the Internet

VLadipo:
objects that are mere creations of mostly worldly, God-hating men
My friend, what, in the world, are you afraid of?
Have you forgotten Mark 16:15 that soon or already?

Mark 16:15
And he said to them:
Go ye into the whole world,
and preach the gospel to every creature.

VLadipo:
The only way you can know God is by studying the scripture
Tell us something original or tell us something we dont already know

VLadipo:
and having the Holy Spirit expound the scriptures to you
You obviously have disadvantaged yourself in this regards because you dont have a teachable spirit.You have a problem of taking to correction. You're unable to abandon the old
and so find it difficult grasping and understanding that immaterial beings have no organs

VLadipo:
We are on the safer side
You're on the slippery part of the safer side, as you're not correctly teaching the word of truth in this organs matter

VLadipo:
if we decide to take God's Word as it is than try to read other meanings to it using unbiblical objects
In this matter, despite all the tools and resources available out there, you have wrongly divided the word of truth about God and His essence

VLadipo:
God as various instances in the Bible said made reference to His organs
That right there, smack in your face, is anthropomorphism, my friend
You've heard, others say: "the long arm of the law caught up with the criminal"
but it doesnt mean the law has a physical arm, or does it?

VLadipo:
He said He created us in His own image and likeness. Who are you to say He meant otherwise?
Vladipo, food for thought, please dont choke on it.

Read and compare the following:

1) Genesis 1:26
“And God said, “let us make man in our image after our likeness...”
2) Vladipo, let us make a glove in the image of a hand after its likeness...

Vladipo, please note that; the ''image'' and ''likeness'' denotes purpose

The glove is not the hand, as the glove is not the same material as the hand,
the glove is leather or woollen, whereas the hand is flesh and blood
but the glove, importantly, is made to contain the hand.
This is the significant purpose of creating the glove

In the same vein, Man is not God, Man is not created with the same material as God
Man is flesh and blood, he is physical, can be physically touched, whereas God is Spirit, He is immaterial, He cant be physically touched
but Man is created to receive, to capture, to house the whole essence of God
This is the purpose of creating Man,

Human beings are created as houses, to be filled with God's nature and expressing His essence, which we are to do with our five senses plus the sixth sense
(i.e. with the faculties of sight via the eyes, smell via the nose, hearing via the ear, taste via the mouth, and touch via the hand, plus intuition via the Holy Spirit)

Have you ever listened to the gust of wind blowing across a meadow, sat down to appreciate the sight of the colorful arrays of flower therein, later bend down to touch and smell the fresh flowers, drank off the water from the brook running through, at its end?

That's how we use these physical organs to capture the essence of God, and use them to appreciate and express the essence of God

Now after reading the immediate above, if you're still ''fariga'' insisting God has organs, then tell me, what is your limit?
Where do you draw the line in this organs matter?
If, as you argue, we are made in the image of God, what are the organs you're willing to accept and will not accept God has?

VLadipo:
As I said earlier, all those organs are purely spiritual as God Himself is Spirit
Thank God for this,
but you only admitted and concurred God is Spirit and the organs are purely spiritual after you were challenged
These admittances are not in the original post neither is it on your website
(i.e. never wrote God is Spirit and never wrote that you are refereing to spiritual parts until you were called to order)

This is some of the ludicrous claims you posted:
How magnanimous and loving the Father is to us that He should create us in His own image and share some of His organs with us
Think about it. How possible is it that an intangiable God has human organs?
Since when has the Potter become the clay, or vice versa, hmmm?
It is the essence of God which He shared, not non-existent organs brother

VLadipo:
Angels are known to have features similar to humans in addition to the supernatural one they possess
Angels spirit beings who occasionally take on human forms when making earthly visitations.
They are also revealed as looking like men when the spiritual eyes are open or when seen in visions
but they are not human, and have no permanent physical body parts

VLadipo:
How much more God?
God is Spirit,
and by the way, you need to look up theopany, it's another terminiology, you need to know a little bit more of.

VLadipo:
You better leave that cult masqueraded as a church
This is a desperate remark from a drowning man, it doesnt deserve a response, reply or comment

VLadipo:
and give your life to Jesus Christ before it is too late
What is this poor attempt to segue the thread's theme and subject matter?
Just give up your pride before it is too late.
[img]http://media4./media/mmRmDX9Y3Q7NS/200w.gif[/img]
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by VLadipo: 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
SMH. What is the point of this non-sequitur?
Be my guest, if you want to keep on clutching at straws

You know what you are?
You are a brazen hypocrite!
You dont dare deny you dont use Google, the Internet, dictionary etcetera in/for your theology.
What an irony, your website, even is on the Whole World Wide, the Internet

My friend, what, in the world, are you afraid of?
Have you forgotten Mark 16:15 that soon or already?

Mark 16:15
And he said to them:
Go ye into the whole world,
and preach the gospel to every creature.

Tell us something original or tell us something we dont already know

You obviously have disadvantaged yourself in this regards because you dont have a teachable spirit.You have a problem of taking to correction. You're unable to abandon the old
and so find it difficult grasping and understanding that immaterial beings have no organs

You're on the slippery part of the safer side, as you're not correctly teaching the word of truth in this organs matter

In this matter, despite all the tools and resources available out there, you have wrongly divided the word of truth about God and His essence

That right there, smack in your face, is anthropomorphism, my friend
You've heard, others say: "the long arm of the law caught up with the criminal"
but it doesnt mean the law has a physical arm, or does it?

Vladipo, food for thought, please dont choke on it.

Read and compare the following:

1) Genesis 1:26
“And God said, “let us make man in our image after our likeness...”
2) Vladipo, let us make a glove in the image of a hand after its likeness...

Vladipo, please note that; the ''image'' and ''likeness'' denotes purpose

The glove is not the hand, as the glove is not the same material as the hand,
the glove is leather or woollen, whereas the hand is flesh and blood
but the glove, importantly, is made to contain the hand.
This is the significant purpose of creating the glove

In the same vein, Man is not God, Man is not created with the same material as God
Man is flesh and blood, he is physical, can be physically touched, whereas God is Spirit, He is immaterial, He cant be physically touched
but Man is created to receive, to capture, to house the whole essence of God
This is the purpose of creating Man,

Human beings are created as houses, to be filled with God's nature and expressing His essence, which we are to do with our five senses plus the sixth sense
(i.e. with the faculties of sight via the eyes, smell via the nose, hearing via the ear, taste via the mouth, and touch via the hand, plus intuition via the Holy Spirit)

Have you ever listened to the gust of wind blowing across a meadow, sat down to appreciate the sight of the colorful arrays of flower therein, later bend down to touch and smell the fresh flowers, drank off the water from the brook running through, at its end?

That's how we use these physical organs to capture the essence of God, and use them to appreciate and express the essence of God

Now after reading the immediate above, if you're still ''fariga'' insisting God has organs, then tell me, what is your limit?
Where do you draw the line in this organs matter?
If, as you argue, we are made in the image of God, what are the organs you're willing to accept and will not accept God has?

Thank God for this,
but you only admitted and concurred God is Spirit and the organs are purely spiritual after you were challenged
These admittances are not in the original post neither is it on your website
(i.e. never wrote God is Spirit and never wrote that you are refereing to spiritual parts until you were called to order)

This is some of the ludicrous claims you posted:
How magnanimous and loving the Father is to us that He should create us in His own image and share some of His organs with us
Think about it. How possible is it that an intangiable God has human organs?
Since when has the Potter become the clay, or vice versa, hmmm?
It is the essence of God which He shared, not non-existent organs brother

Angels spirit beings who occasionally take on human forms when making earthly visitations.
They are also revealed as looking like men when the spiritual eyes are open or when seen in visions
but they are not human, and have no permanent physical body parts

God is Spirit,
and by the way, you need to look up theopany, it's another terminiology, you need to know a little bit more of.

This is a desperate remark from a drowning man, it doesnt deserve a response, reply or comment

What is this poor attempt to segue the thread's theme and subject matter?
Just give up your pride before it is too late.
[img]http://media4./media/mmRmDX9Y3Q7NS/200w.gif[/img]

hahahahaha

You are trying quite hard.
I know your type. I dare you to tell me your spiritual background. I'm of the RCCG. Tell me yours. JW? ECK? AMORC? Grail? Come on, don't be ashamed of your cult.

There is nothing more to tell here.

But honestly, I can't tell what your point is. That God doesnt have sense organs as He claimed to have?
Why did Jesus say it was better for a man to enter heaven with one eye than to have both and end up in hell if God and heavenly beings had no spiritual eyes?
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by MuttleyLaff: 10:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
VLadipo:
hahahahaha

You are trying quite hard
No, I dont have to do trying hard, at all, as God gives the grace

VLadipo:
I know your type.
You know diddly squat.

VLadipo:
I dare you to tell me your spiritual background
Legit John 1:12

VLadipo:
I'm of the RCCG
Good for you. You want me to pin a medal on your chest for sharing that info?
Pardon me, you must have mistaken me for someone who gives a hoot, you're of RCCG, notwithstanding the fact, I knew already you associate with RCCG.

VLadipo:
Tell me yours.
Nothing to tell

VLadipo:
JW? ECK? AMORC? Grail? Come on, don't be ashamed of your cult.
Not on your list.
I've nothing to be ashamed of but arent you aware, there aren't denominations in the Kingdom

VLadipo:
There is nothing more to tell here.
Of course there is nothing more to tell here except to allow you to wallow in your ignorance

Nonetheless, VLadipo keep this truth in mind and always remember it.
The truth(s) in the Bible are like pearls mixed in with a lot of worthless pebbles.
so the onus rests on you to sift through a lot of stuff, pick things up and when you stumble on pearls, to dust them down,
wipe and brush them until they bring out the shine, luster, sparkle and light in them.

Another thing is that if you would make your mind strong, you must give it strong food,
unfortunately this meat is giving you toothache, it's too strong for your teeth to cut into.

VLadipo:
But honestly, I can't tell what your point is
I'm very sure you're a bright and smart person, but here is spelling it out
The point is GOD HAS NO ORGANS
My glove houses my hand, my glove is not my hand and my hand is not my glove

Human beings house God (i.e. God's spirit dwells in us), we are not God and God is not us
Our beings are filled with God's nature, we express and appreciate His essence, with our God given five senses
- with the faculties of sight via the eyes, smell via the nose, hearing via the ear, taste via the mouth and touch via the hand
These organs (i.e. eyes, noses, ear, mouth and hand) which you outlandishly claim God has is what is being refuted

VLadipo:
That God doesnt have sense organs as He claimed to have?
Anthropomorphism!
- that right there, is your stumbling block.
- a valid biblical terminology you have difficulties gnawing into and getting your head round

VLadipo:
Why did Jesus say it was better for a man to enter heaven with one eye than to have both
SMH, you really do not know when and where to draw the lines.
Do you know what a ''hyperbole'' is?
- that's another terminology for your to double check its meaning and later add to your recent collection list
Mark 9:47 is not a literal gouging out of eyes, my friend
Is that how you are taught about Mark 9:42-48 in RCCG's Bible classes and Sunday Schools?

The way you're going, you will soon return back here, saying God is an animal because He is called the Lion of Judah,
or He is a flower because He is called the Lilly of the Valley or rose of Sharon. SMH

VLadipo:
and end up in hell if God and heavenly beings had no spiritual eyes?
Though you didnt post anything about ''spiritual eyes'' in the original post or on your website
but since you've been changing your tune from sense organs to spiritual eyes, then half my work is done here
I am content with the 50% success in debunking your exposition and challenging your eisegesis
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by VLadipo: 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
No, I dont have to do trying hard, at all, as God gives the grace

You know diddly squat.

Legit John 1:12

Good for you. You want me to pin a medal on your chest for sharing that info?
Pardon me, you must have mistaken me for someone who gives a hoot, you're of RCCG, notwithstanding the fact, I knew already you associate with RCCG.

Nothing to tell

Not on your list.
I've nothing to be ashamed of but arent you aware, there aren't denominations in the Kingdom

Of course there is nothing more to tell here except to allow you to wallow in your ignorance

Nonetheless, VLadipo keep this truth in mind and always remember it.
The truth(s) in the Bible are like pearls mixed in with a lot of worthless pebbles.
so the onus rests on you to sift through a lot of stuff, pick things up and when you stumble on pearls, to dust them down,
wipe and brush them until they bring out the shine, luster, sparkle and light in them.

Another thing is that if you would make your mind strong, you must give it strong food,
unfortunately this meat is giving you toothache, it's too strong for your teeth to cut into.

I'm very sure you're a bright and smart person, but here is spelling it out
The point is GOD HAS NO ORGANS
My glove houses my hand, my glove is not my hand and my hand is not my glove

Human beings house God (i.e. God's spirit dwells in us), we are not God and God is not us
Our beings are filled with God's nature, we express and appreciate His essence, with our God given five senses
- with the faculties of sight via the eyes, smell via the nose, hearing via the ear, taste via the mouth and touch via the hand
These organs (i.e. eyes, noses, ear, mouth and hand) which you outlandishly claim God has is what is being refuted

Anthropomorphism!
- that right there, is your stumbling block.
- a valid biblical terminology you have difficulties gnawing into and getting your head round

SMH, you really do not know when and where to draw the lines.
Do you know what a ''hyperbole'' is?
- that's another terminology for your to double check its meaning and later add to your recent collection list
Mark 9:47 is not a literal gouging out of eyes, my friend
Is that how you are taught about Mark 9:42-48 in RCCG's Bible classes and Sunday Schools?

The way you're going, you will soon return back here, saying God is an animal because He is called the Lion of Judah,
or He is a flower because He is called the Lilly of the Valley or rose of Sharon. SMH

Though you didnt post anything about ''spiritual eyes'' in the original post or on your website
but since you've been changing your tune from sense organs to spiritual eyes, then half my work is done here
I am content with the 50% success in debunking your exposition and challenging your eisegesis

Guy! Dont be a coward!!

Own up to your spiritual background. Which denomination do you belong to?

Are you born again?

Where and where did you become born again?

You sound like a pagan/atheist.
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by MuttleyLaff: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2015
VLadipo:
Guy! Dont be a coward!!
I'l be whatever you like me to be.
I am even prepared to be a toerag, if it'll give you optimum satisfaction, or if it will make you feel fulfilled and better.

VLadipo:
Own up to your spiritual background
I have. Told you, ''Legit John 1:12''

VLadipo:
Which denomination do you belong to?
Instead of reading posts thoroughly, why do you prefer skimming them. You would have known the answer to this if you hadnt skimmed

VLadipo:
Are you born again?

Where and where did you become born again?
If you don't know the answers to these by now. You will never never never know.

VLadipo:
You sound like a pagan/atheist.

I've been called worse, as some have used other head–scratching adjectives before you.
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by VLadipo: 9:27pm On Aug 18, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
I'l be whatever you like me to be.
I am even prepared to be a toerag, if it'll give you optimum satisfaction, or if it will make you feel fulfilled and better.

I have. Told you, ''Legit John 1:12''

Instead of reading posts thoroughly, why do you prefer skimming them. You would have known the answer to this if you hadnt skimmed

If you don't know the answers to these by now. You will never never never know.

I've been called worse, as some have used other head–scratching adjectives before you.

So far, what I can deduce from your posts is that you are a theologian. I must admit, you are quite versed in CRS/CRK. Did you study CRS/CRK in higher institution?

However, being a theologian or versed in CRS/CRK without being born-again will take you to HELL!

Are you born again?

Where and when did you become born again?

Which denomination do you belong to?

Stop hiding beside a finger.

I can lead you to Jesus Christ if you don't mind.
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by VLadipo: 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
Good night
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by VLadipo: 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
Goodnight
Re: Scriptures Expounded: The LORD Also Has Sense Organs! - Genesis 8:21 by VLadipo: 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
Good afternoon

(1) (2) (Reply)

The TRUE Meanings Of The Visions In The Book Of Revelation EXPLAINED!!! / If We Are Born Sinful/sinners Why Can't You Accept People Are Born Gay? / The Reason For So Much Anti-Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.