Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra (6762 Views)

Buhari Not Coming Back, Stand In The Way Of Biafra & Be Destroyed - Nnamdi Kanu / On The Peace Move Between Tonyebarcanista,IPOB Agitators, And Others / Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by yuncka: 8:34am On Aug 01, 2015
Before you start reading, I want to let you know that I am also from igbo land (Abia precisely). What I write here is based on observation from current happenings and history.
Man in struggle for freedom tend to forget so many factors, as his mind is set on freedom, even lies are justified by him so far as he achieves his freedom through it. Achieving freedom is one thing and enjoying freedom is another thing.
I have watched as the whole Biafra struggle suddenly burst into life under the present administration, cool. I have also been opportune to listen to radio Biafra a couple of times. I was highly impressed by the wealth of History and daring attitude of the said director. But before all you loyalist get carried away, I want you to read through patiently so that you don’t put your right foot in your left shoe.

EXPIRY DATE:
The timing of the Biafra hype is totally hypocritical. For a fact we know that if Jonathan won the election, Biafra wouldn’t be as loud as you hear it today. For the ones who say Nigeria is expired, I ask you….why did you wait for the result of the 2015 election to come in before discovering that Nigeria is expired? You would have started your agitation well enough in 2014 which is exactly hundred years from 1914. It is obvious that the current vision powering Biafra at the moment is the fact that a Hausa/Fulani man is the Head of State.

PERSONAL GRUDGE:
It is obvious from the behaviors and utterances of the Director, that he has a personal grudge against other races. Note I didn’t specify Hausa and Yoruba, because from the way he sounds, he hates so many people. As far as you don’t buy into his ideaology, you are hated….listeners of radio Biafra can attest to his insulting attitude and rage on even people of his tribe. In his recent broadcast, HE WARNED ABA PEOPLE NOT TO LET PASTOR. KUMUYI TO COME TO ABA FOR HIS PROGRAMME, THAT HE IS A YORUBA MAN. SMH! Cursing at innocent coppers for serving in the north, abusing Rochas and other Igbos that have affiliation with Muslim religion.
Sometimes I pity for people hailing him, you people are just being tools in his hands in a bid to satisfy his hateful desires.

BAD LEADERS:
Igbos has been plagued with bad leaders, ranging from the cowardly Ojukwu to the abusive Director. Yes, you might call Ojukwu your Hero, but face it he initiated the Biafran dream, dragged many into it, didn’t fight in it and ran away to another country, then came back to contest for presidency of Nigeria. we have had many other leaders who have looted us dry and done things for their own benefits, people like T.A.Orji, Mbadinuju, NNamani… the deplorable state of the east is a bone of contention to see if when Biafra comes into light, this same set of leaders will mount the podium and continue their looting.
Even in the local level, many Igwe’s have been taking bribe to help propagate bad governance.

GREED:
One of the major ills hunting the igbo society is greed. From the community level to national level, it is very much evident. Out of greed many of our leaders have sold the entire Igbo nation, we can’t lay claim to our own resources because of the greed of the selected few. We breed greed even from our own personal desires to better ourselves. Many communities are agitating for autonomy, while different groups are agitating for their own state, unknown to you, you keep watering down your strength and breeding disunity. Little wonder our kings are very powerless and full of greed…in one state you can get up to 50kings.

DIVISION AND SCRAMBLE FOR POWER:
Like I highlighted in above, greed has resulted in division amongst us. Even as I write this piece, many groups are agitating for their own state (equity, Adada, Aba, etc) many states in the east are having border issues, while so many communities are having disagreement over one piece of land or the other.

DIPLOMACY:
Earlier this year, Biafra was recognised and invited to a UN meeting. That was the perfect opportunity needed to start establishing a diplomatic relationship. Get to meet many Nations and tell them your goal. Form a good alliance, so that even when you get what you want, you will have strong countries in alliance with you.

GOOD STRATEGY FOR WRONG PEOPLE:
Like I said, Diplomacy will be more beneficial than the seed of war being sown by the Director. You take your inspiration from the fact that the boys in the CREEKS did it, and boys from SAMBISA are yet to be found. The words in capital letter are names of places not inhabited by human. They were hard to track in the landscape….but in the case of Biafra, there is a defined territory known as Eastern Nigeria that experienced the heat during the civil war. Unless you want the repeat of the same event, then desist from being an apostle of war. The war lasted 3yrs at that time because we had allied countries helping out, but now that Nigeria has strong Diplomacy with almost all the world power…I see dooms day.

IGBO MAN’S IDEA OF FREEDOM:
Igbo man’s mentality of freedom is not being cramped in a certain area. An average Igbo man loves to explore foreign lands for wealth. Although the Igbo man has not been fairly treated in various region he finds himself, it will be a worst case scenario when we have dampened further our relationship with these region. We become more than targets. We will be at the losing end because we make more investment than other tribes make in our region.

ALLIANCE:
Igbo man hardly forms alliance. We always think we can do it on our own. The reason an Igbo man has not ruled and might not rule Nigeria is because we play politics based on sentiment. Other tribes know this fact prompting them to side-line us in politics.
The Director has also maintained that we have our CREEK brothers backing the Biafran vision, really? Asari is not the leader of Niger Delta, he is an aggrieved militant. AND THE DIRECTOR WHO IS AGAINST MUSLIM AS A RELIGION HAS ALSO QUICKLY FORGOTTEN THAT ASARI IS A MUSLIM, VERY HYPOCRITICAL.

FAKE GOSPEL OF CHRISTIANITY:
He is the business of calling chukwu abiama, pls that’s not the almighty God, that’s a pagan god from the old igbo traditional religion. We are Christians in the east and anyone who doesn’t acknowledge the name Jesus Christ is not a Christian. A man who can even deny a fellow Christian (pastor.Kumuyi) passage to minister in Aba because of his tribe is not a true Christian. The message of Christianity is love for all irrespective of tribe or color.

PAST EXPERIENCES:
I will round up, by reminding us that past experiences are there to place us in a careful zone in future. The Director is plying the old route to freedom. And we all know what happened before. People who are passing through war at the moment are praying that it ends and we are praying to experience it. People in the North leave in fear, many people are homeless, body counts rise per day.
Your currency is Naira, do you think you will get it back when you wage this war?
Like I said earlier, the Biafran Land is the east and it has a defined territory. Before you follow blindly in agitation for war, look around you and imagine the scenes of air raid, the cries, the body counts, mass burial, and continual exodus….ask yourself if it is what you truly want.

-yonka

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by dejavski(m): 8:39am On Aug 01, 2015
Hmmm
Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Trackango: 8:41am On Aug 01, 2015
Nice write up

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by dunkem21(m): 8:41am On Aug 01, 2015
Where in Abia state are you from

18 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Rose2014: 8:43am On Aug 01, 2015
Mentioning you're Igbo already makes this letter very suspicious. Last I checked, that's the trademark of Yorubas(I'll get back to you on that)
At least you're now moving from claiming SS to claiming SE, it's a step in the right direction if you ask me. I'm glad you noticed that claiming SS has become boring

Btw who told you radio Biafra (for example) started in 2015? Stop smoking pls

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 01, 2015
Biafra is a non-issue. stop wasting time on what will never be reality. one Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Rose2014: 8:45am On Aug 01, 2015
dunkem21:

Na today u enter nl? cheesy
Take a guess where he's from.
If I say 'Are' you say 'gbe' another man say 'shola' omo na you sabi cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 01, 2015
Rose2014:
Mentioning you're Igbo already makes this letter very suspicious. Last I checked, that's the trademark of Yorubas(I'll get back to you on that)
every ibo man thatmakes a sensible contribution is tagged a yoruba man by the foolish ones.

Do you mean ibos don't have sensible people?

14 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by vicenzo(m): 8:46am On Aug 01, 2015
The earlier Yorubas focus more on how to pull away from Odua-Arewa future country, and less on Biafra, the better for them.

17 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by tuffgongjo(m): 8:46am On Aug 01, 2015
Let the insult start flying in.
Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by dunkem21(m): 8:47am On Aug 01, 2015
Rose2014:

Oh, Rose ..no make me vex this morning angry

Leave this guy for me, let me whip his ass silly.

Oga OP, which side of Abia state are you from

13 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by yuncka: 8:47am On Aug 01, 2015
Rose2014:

nwannem nwaanyi abum nwa afo Igbo, esi m Obodo Abia na-ewetere gi ozi aaa. eziokwu bu ndu. abughi m onye Yoruba.
Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Rose2014: 8:47am On Aug 01, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
every ibo man thatmakes a sensible contribution is tagged a yoruba man by the foolish ones.

Do you mean ibos don't have sensible people?
When I burst you guys on a daily basis cheesy
Besides u guys create more Biafra threads than Igbos

Go figure

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Cadamlk: 8:48am On Aug 01, 2015
He who has ears should listen,there is nothing good about war

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by yuncka: 8:50am On Aug 01, 2015
dunkem21:

nwanne m nwoko, abum nwa afo, ebiele m n'ala Igbo kemgbe amuru m. agahi m agwa gi ebe m si maka odi nma nke m.
Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Rose2014: 8:52am On Aug 01, 2015
yuncka:

nwannem nwaanyi abum nwa afo Igbo, esi m Obodo Abia na-ewetere gi ozi aaa. eziokwu bu ndu. abughi m onye Yoruba.

Nna rapu okwu.
Speaking Igbo won't make me believe you cos Igbo is not the only language I speak n write but what will I achieve here by claiming Yoruba for instance?

And if by chance you're Igbo, remember Judas is the only one that came from same village as Jesus Christ.

Go figure

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Rose2014: 8:54am On Aug 01, 2015
yuncka:

nwanne m nwoko, abum nwa afo, ebiele m n'ala Igbo kemgbe amuru m. agahi m agwa gi ebe m si maka odi nma nke m.

For an Abia man to wake up 24hours after an innocent brother was shot at Ariaria market yesterday to write this trash shows my suspicion is right.

Yoruba and Biafra nightmare

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by yuncka: 8:55am On Aug 01, 2015
Rose2014:

Nna rapu okwu.
Speaking Igbo won't make me believe you cos Igbo is not the only language I speak n write but what will I achieve here by claiming Yoruba for instance?

And if by chance you're Igbo, remember Judas is the only one that came from same village as Jesus Christ.

Go figure

now tell me how many Yorubas that you have seen speaking Igbo, or Hausas too. even if they speak it, they wont be able to punctuate or write it, thats fact.
its clear that even if I tell you where I am from that U will still wave it as me knowing places in Igbo land.
and pls Jesus came with a message of Peace not war like Director is preaching.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Rose2014: 8:56am On Aug 01, 2015
dunkem21:

Sorry boss. No vex biko cry

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 01, 2015
dunkem21:

he's from the dirty piggy part that spreads the syndrome called aba na nya. grin

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Rose2014: 8:58am On Aug 01, 2015
yuncka:

now tell me how many Yorubas that you have seen speaking Igbo, or Hausas too. even if they speak it, they wont be able to punctuate or write it, thats fact.
its clear that even if I tell you where I am from that U will still wave it as me knowing places in Igbo land.

And Judas(his one and only brother) still betrayed him

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by yuncka: 8:58am On Aug 01, 2015
Rose2014:

For an Abia man to wake up 24hours after an innocent brother was shot at Ariaria market yesterday to write this trash shows my suspicion is right.

sorry oo, I didnt know it was a Yoruba man that shot the guy. if only you guys can take the picture from yesterday and place it alongside wat will happen via war, U would see dat am nt far from the truth.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by dunkem21(m): 8:58am On Aug 01, 2015
Rose2014:

If he likes, let him speak Igbo like egift and shachris ..we still know them ..

..He said he has lived in Igboland all his life grin

9 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by KinkyAngela(f): 8:59am On Aug 01, 2015
Chukwu okike abiama fire any ibo man that does not want to go back to iboland.
You are all going back to Biafra

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by yuncka: 8:59am On Aug 01, 2015
Rose2014:

And Judas(his one and only brother still betrayed him)

you didnt get the point, so the Director is your Jesus? grin very funny.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 01, 2015
dunkem21:

so he has lived in the erosion ravaged region all his life?
Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Imortal001: 9:01am On Aug 01, 2015
Nnamdi kanu is leading them to a sinking mission. Selfish set of people.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Rose2014: 9:01am On Aug 01, 2015
yuncka:

There are many apps out there to help you do the needful. Yes even if u say where u're from, it's not enough. I can claim anywhere I like but what do I stand to gain by lying about my origin?

I know a Yoruba woman that does better than u in speaking and writing Igbo. She lived in the east for a long time

After meeting people like that, plus my experience, I know that ability to speak a language doesn't mean u're from there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by yuncka: 9:03am On Aug 01, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
so he has lived in the erosion ravaged region all his life?

I am proud of where i come from. pls, dnt bend to the will of bigotry and ethnic-ism because others are doing it.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by yuncka: 9:05am On Aug 01, 2015
Rose2014:

There are many apps out there to help you do the needful. Yes even if u say where u're from, it's not enough. I can claim anywhere I like but what do I stand to gain by lying about my origin?

I know a Yoruba woman that does better than u in speaking and writing Igbo. She lived in the east for a long time

After meeting people like that, plus my experience, I know that ability to speak a language doesn't mean u're from there

I cnt deny my place just to make a point on Nairaland. I am Igbo....paternally and maternally rooted in Igbo. if You still have doubt, OyO is Ur case. or you can still ask Chukwu Okikie Abiama.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Rose2014: 9:08am On Aug 01, 2015
dunkem21:

Exactly. More reason he would've learnt to speak it
Re: An Open Letter To All Agitators Of Biafra by Rose2014: 9:10am On Aug 01, 2015
yuncka:

I cnt deny my place just to make a point on Nairaland. I am Igbo....paternally and maternally rooted in Igbo. if You still have doubt, OyO is Ur case. or you can still ask Chukwu Okikie Abiama.
Pls whatever you do, do not mention the name of Chukwuokikeabiama in vain, I beseech you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Visit To Enugu Tunnel, Today. Shame!!! / Top 10 Most Corrupt Presidents In The World. Ex-nigerian President Takes No. 4 / Osinbajo: School Feeding Addresses Country’s Nutrition Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.