Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:58 AM

Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) (44424 Views)

Mom Watched Daughter’s Rape And Murder Before Having Sex And Making Dinner With / Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow / Proprietor, 70, Defiles Eight-year-old Pupil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by ijustdey: 9:07am On Aug 01, 2015
An eight-year-old girl has narrated how she was allegedly raped by their 48-year-old neighbour, Mr. Peter Christopher, one afternoon in the building her family shared with another tenant.

The girl, Blessing (not real name), explained to Saturday PUNCH that on Thursday, June 18, 2015, she was about to enter her parent’s apartment when, Christopher, a carpenter, whose lives just two doors away from their apartment, dragged her into his room, locked the door and defiled her.

Saturday PUNCH had been informed about the girl’s case by a human rights activist, who felt concerned about the pressure being put on the her family to drop the case. But when our correspondent tracked down the girl’s family, they were reluctant to share the story as they said they did not want to be seen as “being disobedient to pastors and elders who asked us to leave the matter to God.”

Blessing was a jovial girl, she smiled a lot. But when it was time to tell the story of what she went through. Her face creased into a frown as tears streamed down her face.

Her elder sister urged her on to tell everything that happened.

Blessing said, “His (Christopher’s) wife had gone for a wedding programme that day. He was alone in the house.
“I was playing outside before but as I came in and was about to open our door, he moved near me and dragged me by hand into their room.

“He locked the door and pulled down my panties. He then put his ‘thing’ inside me. That was the only time he did it.”

Blessing’s mother explained how she found out able the defilement of her daughter.

She said, “I did not know anything until the night when she told me that her private part was hurting her. I did not suspect anything and she did not tell me anything.

“I rubbed Vaseline on her to ease the pain but the following day when I wanted to bathe her, I realised that she was bleeding. I then suspected that somebody had been touching my daughter.

“As soon as I asked who had been touching her, she told me that it was our neighbour. He is even older than my husband!”

Christopher has a daughter of his own, who is in the same age group as Blessing.

He was arrested and detained at the Agbado Police Division, while the girl was taken for test and treatment.

While Christopher was in detention, he continued to deny that he ever touched the girl. But Blessing said he had no reason to lie while her parents said they believed their daughter.

However, after the pressure of numerous pleas from pastors and landlords in the area became too much, the girl’s parents were forced to write a letter to withdraw their case.

In order to douse the tension generated on the case, their landlady also signed an undertaken on Christopher’s behalf, and agreed to pay the sum of N25,000 in five instalments to Blessing’s parents.

“I just don’t know what that money is for because I have refused to take it. Is it for my daughter’s treatment or compensation? If it is for treatment, what I spent on her treatment, tests and drugs is even more than that,” the girl’s 41-year-old father said.

Our correspondent went in search of Christopher on Wednesday to get his side of the story. The fair complexioned man courteously offered our correspondent a chair but his attitude changed instantly when asked if he indeed raped the girl.

He demanded to know who notified our correspondent about the case. But when asked how that affected the allegations brought against, he refused to say anything further.

“If you cannot tell me the name of the person who made the allegations against me, I cannot say anything further,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/feature/super-saturday-crime/parents-reject-n25000-after-eight-year-old-daughters-rape/

Photos of the Rapist and victim

lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by donbrowser(m): 9:09am On Aug 01, 2015
The man should be hanged by his balls...

By the way.. When God finally decides to answer your prayers as regards FTC that is when INTROVERT will realise 5g is not always available.
FTC at last *sobs* thank you Lord

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by jimohibrahim(m): 9:09am On Aug 01, 2015
That amount is too disturb..
Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 01, 2015
money is not everything. their daughter has been violated

11 Likes

Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 01, 2015
just imagine, #25,000 for what. that they should even be preparing to transfer the man to guantanamo bay.
lubbish...tonguetonguetonguetonguetongue

8 Likes

Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by Tallesty1(m): 9:12am On Aug 01, 2015
25k for what? That's like adding salt to injury.

8 Likes

Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by yomsad(m): 9:16am On Aug 01, 2015
Collecting money isn't the right thing to do..... Pls send d idi*t to jail

9 Likes

Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by Godfullsam(m): 9:19am On Aug 01, 2015
This issue of rape is getting too much on daily basis.

If this should continue, their would be no more virgins in Nigeria again.

This man is shameless angry

6 Likes

Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by orobs93(m): 9:20am On Aug 01, 2015
Appalling
Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 01, 2015
25k for what?
The virginity he took or the pain he made her go through?
Is he mad ni?

9 Likes

Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 01, 2015
And they say the gay people are the perverts undecided

Everyday one ra.pe case or the other. From rape of an adult female to ra.pe of the female child whose innocence would be stolen forever. Y'all have no chill. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by pocohantas(f): 9:28am On Aug 01, 2015
They should use the 25k to file report. Then organise boys to beat him up.

However, after the pressure of numerous pleas from pastors and landlords in the area became too much, the girl’s parents were forced to write a letter to withdraw their case.

The darkest and hottest places in hell is reserved for pastors like this, who maintain neutrality in times of moral crisis.

19 Likes

Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 01, 2015
What konji will cause in this world, no mouth can testify.. The fear of konji in some cases is the beginning of wisdom.

Hope he pays for his crimes.. If possible "25,000" days in jail.

1 Like

Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by edwife(f): 9:28am On Aug 01, 2015
Just look at his face.... undecided

All theses landlords and landladies pleading for criminals,even pastors.....

Rape has become a routine exercise for all these useless men.
Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by hiproa: 9:29am On Aug 01, 2015
Jail the bastard
Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by maxiuc(m): 9:29am On Aug 01, 2015
Happy new month this month of August God will perfect all that concerns us Amen

1 Like

Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by Olofintoto(m): 9:29am On Aug 01, 2015
This man is funny ooo.
He didn't want to be imprisoned and he can commit a crime.
Mr, you are gone already.
Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 01, 2015
What's with men and rape lately? Thought its life jail sentence?
Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by wildchild1: 9:29am On Aug 01, 2015
25k for what? Compensation? The parents dont wanna be disobedient to their pastor? That they should leave the matter to God,be like say that pastor dey mad,he is high on fermented urine grin

order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/2
Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by qualityovenbake(m): 9:29am On Aug 01, 2015
So much rape cases happening this days. All this will be no more only if Paedophiles are castrated and hanged by the balls.
Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by generaliy07(m): 9:29am On Aug 01, 2015
Ah
Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by aminho(m): 9:30am On Aug 01, 2015
Thank god its not a hausa man
Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 01, 2015
Biafrans do no such thing...... Last time I checked, this behaviour is predominant among Animals in south wasting zoos
Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by bastien: 9:30am On Aug 01, 2015
25k to buy new Hymen abi
Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by condralbede(m): 9:31am On Aug 01, 2015
undecided
Re: Parents Reject N25,000 After Eight Year-old Daughter’s Rape (photo) by denisbath(m): 9:32am On Aug 01, 2015
rape.!..rape.!..rape..!.
Wetin man pikin no go see for naija,make dem take the man and go put in the same prison with boko haram,because he is worse than BH.,25,000 nosense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Butcher A Farmer In Enugu (Disturbing Photos) / Prison Escapee Turned Notorious Armed Robber/cultist Killed In Edo (Photo) / Drug Baron Held For Producing Drugs In Anambra State (PICTURE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.