Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

How To Gain Happiness. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Gain Happiness. (330 Views)

.. / I'm Too Thin!!!what Can I Do To Gain More Weight? / Help! I Want To Gain A Lot Of Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Gain Happiness. by Xbee007(m): 9:30am On Aug 01, 2015
Are you working to be happy, or are you happy to work?
Anytime you look at the news, it's about death, destruction, abductions, natural disasters...
That kind of thing can mess us up. It makes the world look scarier than it is. It's like wearing [the opposite of rose-colored glasses].

It's not necessarily the reality that shapes us, but the lens through which your brain view the world that shapes your reality

Feel like you've fallen into the Matrix yet?
It's time to stop giving awfulness the power to bend our lens. Here's how.
Shawn Achor studied happiness at Harvard.
When he tells people this, they say: "Shawn, why do you waste your time studying happiness at Harvard? Seriously, what does a Harvard student possibly have to be unhappy about?"
But the crazy truth is, Harvard kids are as unhappy as anyone else. What's going on in your life — from health, to money, to relationships, to prestige — predicts only about 10% of your happiness.

90% of your long-term happiness is predicted not by the external world, but by the way your brain process the world.

So ... if I had a million dollars ... I wouldn't be any happier?
Shawn's work flips our understanding of happiness inside out.
You don't get happy by achieving success. You achieve success by getting happy.
At Upworthy, we tell stories for a better world.Like us on Facebook to get them first:
Dopamine, which your brain makes when you're happy, has one important side effect: It makes you smarter. A positive brain is 31% more productive. It's better at sales, faster and more accurate at diagnosing problems.
[size=30pt]So how can you up your dopamine?[/size]
Take two minutes every day and do one of these things:
1. Write down three new things that you're grateful for.
2. Journal about one positive experience you've had in the last 24 hours.
3. Try meditation, to teach your brain to focus.
4. Use the first email you write every day to praise or thank someone you know. Spread the happy.
And it wouldn't hurt to disrupt the endless barrage of bad news by sharing this with your friends, right? Everyone needs a little more happiness.
Remember...
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
Source:
http://www.upworthy.com/brilliant-harvard-psychologist-explains-how-to-achieve-long-term-happiness-in-this-popular-ted-talk?c=reccon3
Re: How To Gain Happiness. by donbrowser(m): 9:32am On Aug 01, 2015
Cool

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Gyny Dr Needed In UK / Breast-feeding May Correct Autism Symptoms / Breakfast Protein Stops Fat Gain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.