Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! (2454 Views)

#50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! / Help UBA Charges Stamp Duty On My Savings Account / Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by Shukran(f): 10:37am On Aug 01, 2015
I am a newly registered member although I have been with nairaland for long but I was not registered but what happen to me yesterday made me register because I need to let Nigerians know what illegal transaction UBA are doing to my account and also reading Gloria Young experience. I am ready to fight this fraudulent act.
I am not a Nollywood Star. I am a Nigeria in despora!
I operate my UBA account online and also use my Mastercard abroad if need be, I do alot buying and selling at home and abroad, something I get my money from my clients after I have left the country and I confirm it by email alert.
On 12th July, 2015, I have a family visiting and I make a hotel booking for them and I paid the bills with my UBA mastercard, I made a direct POS purchase and I got am alert on 13th July 2015 confirming my transaction. Same happen on 17th and 18th July 2015, all alert was duly received. To my greatest suprise after yesterday the last two transactions revisered and a higher amount was charged shocked shocked... I called UBA and I spoke with Odion in customer fulfiment centre and my first question was who is making all this transactions UBA or the Hotel, and he said UBA! Why? no reason given, I will further your complain he said.
Later, it was reserved and the original amount was charged and I went to sleep and when I woke up today all the transaction reversed and charged a higher amount including the 1st transaction that was not intially reversed!!!!
Please I need help, my money can't go like this! I will write to them on Monday and considering the fact that I am not in the country at the moment.

2 Shares

Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by donbrowser(m): 10:38am On Aug 01, 2015
Ha
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by Ezemarcel(m): 10:38am On Aug 01, 2015
I see no reason why this our financial institution should be handling someone's cash as if they re handling garri....anyways what will u expect when no one is ready to fight for the masses...,
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by MosakuAW(m): 10:46am On Aug 01, 2015
Before UBA start another dubious act. Request for 3month bank statement till date. Have a copy @hand the proceed to fight them.

If this lead to court or any higher places, you will have documents to back up your complains because bt the time you have tge statement at hand, they wont be able to do any mago mago for you.
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by Shukran(f): 10:55am On Aug 01, 2015
More transaction within the space of 24hours shocked undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by Shukran(f): 10:56am On Aug 01, 2015
More transactions done!!!

1 Share

Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by Shukran(f): 10:58am On Aug 01, 2015
More transactions shocked shocked shocked

1 Share

Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by Shukran(f): 11:00am On Aug 01, 2015
More transactions shocked shocked

1 Share

Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by Shukran(f): 11:18am On Aug 01, 2015
MosakuAW:

Before UBA start another dubious act. Request for 3month bank statement till date. Have a copy @hand the proceed to fight them.
If this lead to court or any higher places, you will have documents to back up your complains because bt the time you have tge statement at hand, they wont be able to do any mago mago for you.
Thank you, I have a statement already download online
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by gen2briz(m): 3:58pm On Aug 01, 2015
You just have to come down to Nigeria and visit their head office. Para for them well well.
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by Empress2014(f): 3:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
Same thing is happening to me too o,i traveled to Ghana on the 5th of July and I make use of my atm in a Uba bank in ghana,I got my alert immediately and the calculation was 1000ghc= 49,693naira, I withdraw that for four days,then the fifth day,i withdraw 800ghc,i returned to Nigeria on July 13,it's after three weeks(august 1) I started receiving debit alert,when I contacted them,they said they miscalculated my transaction three weeks ago and that it's the new correct conversion rate alert they sent to me on saturday(august 1), even after calculating the new conversion rate as well,my account isn't still balanced, before the whole mess,the overall transaction was 213,000naira,the new conversion rate of my transaction sent to me was 221,000naira and they deducted 283,000naira from my account,I visited the branch where I opened the account,they claimed they don't understand what's going on, and that I should wait till tommorow morning that all errors will be regulated,i really hope they regulate their shit before tommorow morning, UBA is fraudulent and dubious!, I wonder how a bank will say they miscalculated transaction and now start reversing after three weeks!
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by Empress2014(f): 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
Shukran:
More transaction within the space of 24hours shocked undecided
mine too was within 24hours on August 1,it's a phone alert,i will post it here too, please Mod,help us shift this to front page,we need help o, this shouldn't just be left unattended to, infact Uba cfc@ubagroup.com no reply my mails again

Lalasticlala
Ishilove

U guys should please o
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by dadebayo1(m): 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
Ok...pmb will hear
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by passionate88: 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
Wtf?
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
Useless bank that placed my account on PND for the wrong reasons.

Wonder what they teach them in their Training School.
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by Empress2014(f): 6:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
Freiburger

r231

Please o
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by uzygirl(f): 6:55am On Aug 04, 2015
I wanted to reactivate my account UBA after 5 yrs in diaspora. UBA say make i travel go Akwa Ibom state where I opened d account as NYSC then. Na so money loss till today.
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by luthorcorp: 8:50am On Aug 04, 2015
hope ur account hasn't been hacked,I advice you go straight to the branch and block your acc first then rectify it before activating.....#scammers everywhere...

1 Like

Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by Empress2014(f): 10:51am On Aug 06, 2015
After drafting letters upon letters,av been assured that my money will be refund back to me, although I never see alert o, I will continue doing follow up, @ Op...maybe you should bombard them with emails since you aren't in Nigeria
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 06, 2015
This is the third time am hearing this fraudulent act by UBA.

first it was from a friend the duped her of 120000 since last year till date nothing has been done about it.

second was my aunt and neighbor whom the bank duped 50000 each till now nothing.

I think that bank is full of crap
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by Kentrasso(f): 4:27pm On Oct 27, 2015
Jeez!!! so I'm not the only one going through this. I've been so mad since i made a purchase three days ago via istore for a product that was less than the equivalent of 100,000naira. next thing i know 10k has disappeared and the sim card that i used in Nigeria to check for statements is no longer working. honestly these people deserve a class action. why will they charge 10k for a POs transaction?? i don't even know who to contact but i must get my money back
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by Onelovetayz(m): 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2015
Kindly change the bank to a more reputable one.
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by maxti: 9:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
Virtually all banks in Nigeria are Guilty of this. " had same issues. They call it DCC transaction.
In my case, it was GTB. When I contacted them, I was told that it is the dollar equivalent that is being charged. And funny enough, it also charged at 270 Naira to a dollar.
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by osile2012: 12:31am On Jan 15, 2016
[size=18pt]You can rate them based on your experience. Follow the link on my signature, click on rate brands and do the needful. tongue tongue grin grin[/size]

Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by mynduu44: 4:52am On Jan 15, 2016
If there is any Bank that their Motto is Thief, it's UBA.

Their Vision statement should be " to be the Best Financial thief by 2020"
Re: Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me! by ican2020: 5:56am On Jan 15, 2016
You are in for a rough ride that will not end soon. They will keep on milking you until you run. Uba is a confirmed legal thief. I saw hell banking with them until I ran for my dear life.
Write to CBN and ones the issues are resolved, you jump out by closing all your accounts with them.
Good luck

(1) (Reply)

Howo Trucks Needed For Immediate Contract Jobs / Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt / I'm Looking For A Loan Of 500k For 6 Months. Any Referrals Please, No Loan Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.