Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:07 PM

How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? (29388 Views)

iPolice-Hawk Eye Crime Reporting System Launched By Police To Curb Kidnapping / Nigerian Rearrested With Heroin In India While On Bail For Narcotics Offences / UK Police Has Declared A Nigerian, Gbenga Ajibade, Wanted For Fraud Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by shaybebaby(f): 8:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
babygirlfl:

Another lovely piece.
Thank you babygirl. Hope you are having a good weekend. Xx

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by freecocoa(f): 8:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
Your idea of a sex offenders register is actually a very good idea but I will suggest death penalty for anyone who r*pes a minor and 50 years imprisonment for others.

I know this might seem unrealistic given this is Nigeria, the only other idea I have in my head right now is jungle justice for anyone caught in the act.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 01, 2015
busky101:
yea true talk, if a rich man is brought down by such disaster it wont stop a poor man from doing the same, lets take a case study, a jewish man after serving a ten year jail term for stabbing people during a gay pride parade in Israel in 2005 was released just last month and barely three weeks after his release he commited the same act he was jailed for just on thursday, dis time around he stabbed 6 people, what do you suggest they do to him this time? ??

Back to the topic, what if konji na the demon name...lol

Hmmmn. This one is strong oh, but I believe that Nigerians are conservative and traditional who will not like to be so shamed publicly, so once 2-5 pictures gets publicised worldwide, rapists or rapists wannabe will caution themselves.

So, now konji na demon now, not a bastard anymore.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by cococandy(f): 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2015
standd:

Great. Nigeria is light years away from achieving all this.
Fixation on tradition, beliefs that a man should be respected even when he is a fvcking rapist and murderer, diabolism and a very corrupt judicial system is rife is Nigeria.
I am interested @the bolded and

already mailing Newspaper outfits to see what can be done in that regards.
Great job girl.
But they will need legal backing to do anything like that. That's where it is dicey.

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
Your idea of a sex offenders register is actually a very good idea but I will suggest death penalty for anyone who r*pes a minor and 50 years imprisonment for others.

I know this might seem unrealistic given this is Nigeria, the only other idea I have in my head right now is jungle justice for anyone caught in the act

shocked shocked
Calm down freecocoa
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
FrancisTony:

This is too much. gringrin
I think allowing the man to walk naked in a market or an open place would be better.

There's this paedophile in my area who rapes children.
He has been arrested and beaten up several times but he seems not to desist from the act.

He lure little girls with a token of money.
Recently, I was standing outside a shop and he was kindof passing by, a little girl barely 12years came out from a house beside the shop and he saw her and probably wanted to turn back and follow her while staring lecherously.
Our eyes caught each other, and he pretended as if he was looking for someone else he couldn't find, so that he'll turn back and follow the girl.

Back to rape, I wonder what people like *** enjoy from a forced sex. undecided

Your idea is okay too. Maybe a sign will be hung on their neck reading ' I AM A RAPIST' and they will be paraded from street to street in their neighbourhood.

@bolded....are you saying the sexual offender was let out of prison and left to roam the streets looking for more victims? shocked shocked
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2015
cococandy:

Great job girl.
But they will need legal backing to do anything like that. That's where it is dicey.

Thanks.
Have you not seen all these #50 newspapers sold on the streets of Lagos. With Gory pictures and endless tales of people turning to snakes and blah blah and people gather to read them.

If there are enough funds, one can even print 2-5 pages weekly showing pictures and details of verified and convicted sexual offenders. The legal backing you talk about may not happen cos most of the men in charge have little or no respect for wonen/womanhood/rights of women and children and may even be guilty of one form of abuse or the other themselves.

3 Likes

Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by freecocoa(f): 8:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
standd:

shocked shocked
Calm down freecocoa
Lol, standd my sister seriously the matter is that serious o, i'm sure you see what makes FP everyday. The law doesn't work in this country so what else can we do?

1 Like

Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 01, 2015
standd:

Your idea is okay too. Maybe a sign will be hung on their neck reading ' I AM A RAPIST' and they will be paraded from street to street in their neighbourhood.

@bolded....are you saying the sexual offender was let out of prison and left to roam the streets looking for more victims? shocked shocked

He was arrested in the sense that area boys nabbed him.
It's not really my area but where an aunt of mine owns a shop though it isn't far from my residential home.

Well, he's one of these abokis who has been indoctrinated that there's no offense in having sex with little girls since 12years old kids get married in their place.(No offense)
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by hahn(m): 8:51pm On Aug 01, 2015
FrancisTony:

It's not really my area but where an aunt of mine owns a shop though it isn't far from my residential home.

Well, he's one of these abokis who has been indoctrinated that there's no offense in having sex with little girls since 12years old kids get married in their place. (No offense)

Offence should be intended. Have sex with 12year old girls is offensive

1 Like

Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2015
hahn:

Offence should be intended. Have sex with 12year old girls is offensive
It was actually no offense to my Northern Brothers & Sisters who don't support their nasty child marriage. smiley grin
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2015
standd:

We know some parents are so careless that their children get molested under their very nose. When parents are careless, who/what protects the child?

You also did not address my second question.

A child can't really protect herself from adult molesters. The best she can do is shout to alert others if she is cornered.
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

A child can't really protect herself from adult molesters. The best she can do is shout to alert others if she is cornered.

I know that you know that rapists don't give their victims a chance to shout or make sounds at all. And the toddlers too can't shout, they can only cry with their baby voice.
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
FrancisTony:

Well, he's one of these abokis who has been indoctrinated that there's no offense in having sex with little girls since 12years old kids get married in their place.(No offense)

So you mean no one has reported the Northerner to the police so he has raped and gotten away with it. And he may also rape again.
Now this is weird FrancisTony.
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
standd:

I know that you know that rapists don't give their victims a chance to shout or make sounds at all. And the toddlers too can't shout, they can only cry with their baby voice.

So sad! embarassed

Here is something funny to cheer you up-

http://allnaijablog.com/the-top-5-funniest-nigeriansathogwarts-tweets
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by busky101(m): 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
standd:

Hmmmn. This one is strong oh, but I believe that Nigerians are conservative and traditional who will not like to be so shamed publicly, so once 2-5 pictures gets publicised worldwide, rapists or rapists wannabe will caution themselves.

So, now konji na demon now, not a bastard anymore.
lol, what do you have to say in timaya's case, what if he is the victim here(didnt say he is oh) and maybe whatever plan you have in mind was meted out on an innocent person who was just a victim of circumstance, cos i believe if it was a street boy that raped timaya's accuser she wouldnt be bold enough to tell her boyfriend let alone spilling it on social media. So my dear, like i said this issue is beyond mankind because as long as the devil is still out there, rape and sexual abuse(including other crimes as well) will remain a norm in our society until the end of time, well unless its divine intervention.

#I noticed that rape and sexual abuse is less commön in europe or maybe am yet to be enlightend bout it. IMO, another major cause its population, take for instance, its frequent in populated countries for example, India, U.s.a, Nigeria, i dont really know much bout china's rape history. Maybe the konji demon is much in over populated countries

#edited# i will suggest a punishment for offenders anytime Bill Cosby is prosecuted
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nihilist: 9:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
standd:

@Topic..I just feel that if all else fail, publishing the name and pictures of a sexual offender will go a long way in stopping others from committing the same offence.
What do you think?

@Bolded is not true, Nigeria can be fixed if we really want her to be fixed cos the change we want, starts with me and you.

Naming and Shaming does not work. We've seen all the articles posted online with names and photos of the pedos and rapists. What has happened to them afterwards? Do you even remember the names of the perps or the victims? I certainly don't.

The ideal thing to have is a sex offenders list...but even that wouldn't work in Nigeria for obvious reasons.

The only thing to do is to protect yourself.

Look at it this way, I live in a country where fences are ornamental rather than functional, and windows don't have bars on them. The average person here does not need a 6 foot fence with barbed wire to protect him from burglars and the police are well equipped to rapidly respond to any calls for help. Consequently it is illegal to use deadly force to defend yourself in your own house

Now in contrast, I was born in a country where the fences are very much functional and all the windows and doors have bars on them. The average person needs a 10 foot wall topped with barbed wire, spikes and broken bottles, in addition to burglary proofed iron bars on windows and doors, and their gates are padlocked. The police system does not work, and you are encouraged to defend yourself if and when you can.

That is the key thing here: Self-Defence.

Now one _idiot quoted me to ask who would defend a 10 year old girl. 10 year old girls get molested even in advanced countries. If I have to explain that my post on self-defence also extends to guardians defending their wards, I might as well just give up on having an intelligent conversation.

Finally, Standd Nigeria is broken, no two ways about it. Idealism is misplaced when talking about the utter clusterfuck that is that country. Nigerians must be pragmatic realists on all occasions. There is really nothing else to aspire to.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2015
FrancisTony:

So you mean the rapist in your neighbourhood is roaming free cos you have refused to report him to the appropriate authorities?
Ok ooooooo, FrancisTony, ok ooooooo
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nihilist:

Naming and Shaming does not work. We've seen all the articles posted online with names and photos of the pedos and rapists. What has happened to them afterwards? Do you even remember the names of the perps or the victims? I certainly don't.

The ideal thing to have is a sex offenders list...but even that wouldn't work in Nigeria for obvious reasons.

Look at it this way, I live in a country where fences are not ornamental rather than functional, and windows don't have bars on them. The average person here does not need a 6 foot fence with barbed wire to protect him from burglars and the police are well equipped to rapidly respond to any calls for help. Consequently it is illegal to use deadly force to defend yourself in your own house

Now in contrast, I was born in a country where the fences are very much functional and all the windows and doors have bars on them. The average person needs a 10 foot wall topped with barbed wire, spikes and broken bottles, in addition to burglary proofed iron bars on windows and doors, and their gates are padlocked. The police system does not work, and you are encouraged to defend yourself if and when you can.

Now one ... quoted me to ask who would defend a 10 year old girl. 10 year old girls get molested even in advanced countries. If I have to explain that my post on self-defence also extends to guardians defending their wards, I might as well just give up on having an intelligent conversation.

Finally, Standd Nigeria is broken, no two ways about it. Idealism is misplaced when talking about the utter clusterfuck that is that country. Nigerians must be pragmatic realists on all occasions. There is really nothing else to aspire to.

I get discouraged every time I want to do stuffs like this. So, if we all keep quiet, when will Nigeria get better? Should we continue to live like this?
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nihilist: 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2015
standd:

I get discouraged every time I want to do stuffs like this. So, if we all keep quiet, when will Nigeria get better? Should we continue to live like this?

Just make sure you do as much to protect you and yours to the best of your ability.
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nihilist:

Look at it this way, I live in a country where fences are not ornamental rather than functional, and windows don't have bars on them. The average person here does not need a 6 foot fence with barbed wire to protect him from burglars and the police are well equipped to rapidly respond to any calls for help. Consequently it is illegal to use deadly force to defend yourself in your own house

Now one _idiot quoted me to ask who would defend a 10 year old girl. 10 year old girls get molested even in advanced countries. If I have to explain that my post on self-defence also extends to guardians defending their wards, I might as well just give up on having an intelligent conversation.

angry angry angry

Why is it that every post of yours just annoys me?

Why are you just a cynical toad? A pessimist.

Negro, you aren't the only one that lives/has lived in Europe.

The rape of minors is a relatively rare occurrence in strong European countries. This is different in the USA, where pedophiles are caught every other day. what is the difference? Both countries have strong police force and laws. The difference is awareness, education and attitude. There are far more functional illiterates in the USA than any European country.

Now, the EU didnt get to where it was in one day. The foundations have to be laid first.

Nigeria is changing. Did anyone believe that Lagos roads could get better before Fashola? Did anyone think Nepa could get better before Buhari?

There is always room for change.

=================================================

What you are misunderstanding here is the fact that I was discussing how to reduce rape of minors. It cant be stopped but it can be reduced.

Awareness alone can reduce at least 5% of rapes and that 5% represents many people's daughters- it is still something.

Do you know how many rapes could have been avoided if parents were more vigilant?
Do you know how many rapes could have been avoided if youths (15-22) were more vigilant the people around their younger siblings?
Do you know how many rapes could have been avoided if many iliterate villagers were educated about underage sex and its problems?

My aunt works for an NGO that provides condoms to villagers and lecture about sexual health. I can claim that my village has very few cases of abortion and teen pregnancy because of her service.

How did the NGO get to my village? Because a simple, caring man alerted them to problems in the rural area and told them that their money will be well spent helping the poor villagers. No govt money needed. NGO.

Imagine if lectures on rape and pedophilia are given in addition to the sexual health lectures that the villagers receive.

Guy. Your mentality is that of those "innit Nigerians" who praise Europe and fold their arms whenever a Nigerian problem is brought up.

Yes our laws are bad. Our police is corrupt. Our government is corrupt. That doesn't stop people from doing something.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by busky101(m): 9:56pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nihilist:

Look at it this way, I live in a country where fences are ornamental rather than functional, and windows don't have bars on them. The average person here does not need a 6 foot fence with barbed wire to protect him from burglars and the police are well equipped to rapidly respond to any calls for help. Consequently it is illegal to use deadly force to defend yourself in your own house

my point exactly just that urs is somehow contradicting, fence or no fence, rape can happen anywere, a steward can rape his oga's pikin with army statiotioned not upto 5yards away 4rm the crime scene and with a 20ft fence in d compound. Konji d demon na bastard....
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nihilist: 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

angry angry angry

Why is it that every post of yours just annoys me?

Why are you just a cynical toad? A pessimist.

Negro, you aren't the only one that lives/has lived in Europe.

The rape of minors is a relatively rare occurrence in strong European countries. This is different in the USA, where pedophiles are caught every other day. what is the difference? Both countries have strong police force and laws. The difference is awareness, education and attitude. There are far more functional illiterates in the USA than any European country.

Now, the EU didnt get to where it was in one day. The foundations have to be laid first.

Nigga just shutdafuckup.

I ignored you at first because you dont know what you are talking about.

Only last year, there was a big brouhaha in the news about the town of rotherham here in the UK where over 1500 underage girls had been molested between 1999 and 2013 by a gang led by 5 men.

3 years ago, the story broke about Jimmy Saville who had molested over 600 underage girls....that number is even a conservative estimate

[s]Nigeria is changing. Did anyone believe that Lagos roads could get better before Fashola? Did anyone think Nepa could get better before Buhari?

There is always room for change.

=================================================

What you are misunderstanding here is the fact that I was discussing how to reduce rape of minors. It cant be stopped but it can be reduced.

Awareness alone can reduce at least 5% of rapes and that 5% represents many people's daughters- it is still something.

Do you know how many rapes could have been avoided if parents were more vigilant?
Do you know how many rapes could have been avoided if youths (15-22) were more vigilant the people around their younger siblings?
Do you know how many rapes could have been avoided if many iliterate villagers were educated about underage sex and its problems?

My aunt works for an NGO that provides condoms to villagers and lecture about sexual health. I can claim that my village has very few cases of abortion and teen pregnancy because of her service.

How did the NGO get to my village? Because a simple, caring man alerted them to problems in the rural area and told them that their money will be well spent helping the poor villagers. No govt money needed. NGO.

Imagine if lectures on rape and pedophilia are given in addition to the sexual health lectures that the villagers receive.

Guy. Your mentality is that of those "innit Nigerians" who praise Europe and fold their arms whenever a Nigerian problem is brought up.

Yes our laws are bad. Our police is corrupt. Our government is corrupt. That doesn't stop people from doing something. [/s]

The rest of this statement is just more uninformed nonsense. I cannot help you of you think that NGO promoting contraceptives can also protect against rape. I cannot help you if you think villagers sexually molest underage girls because they are illiterate.

Ever since you were educated on Standd's over thread, you have been looking for a way to get one over Nihilist. You have made personal attacks on Nihilist and avoided his points that were not even addressed to you at all. Nihilist doesn't send you mate. Nihilist doesn't give two. grin grin

You're better off promoting your failure of a blog with it's lack of comments and advertising than you are getting Nihilist's attention because this is his last post to you.

cool

1 Like

Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nihilist: 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2015
busky101:
my point exactly just that urs is somehow contradicting, fence or no fence, rape can happen anywere, a steward can rape his oga's pikin with army statiotioned not upto 5yards away 4rm the crime scene and with a 20ft fence in d compound. Konji d demon na bastard....

Exactly rape can happen anywhere. Does a father need education to know that maybe he shouldn't rape his own daughter?

Does a principal need education to know that he shouldn't rape his students?

Konji is a bastard and can strike anywhere...The best you can do is try to protect yourself.
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by herald9: 10:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
FrancisTony:

This is too much. gringrin
I think allowing the man to walk naked in a market or an open place would be better.

There's this paedophile in my area who rapes children.
He has been arrested and beaten up several times but he seems not to desist from the act.
He lure little girls with a token of money.
Recently, I was standing outside a shop and he was kindof passing by, a little girl barely 12years came out from a house beside the shop and he saw her and probably wanted to turn back and follow her while staring lecherously.
Our eyes caught each other, and he pretended as if he was looking for someone else he couldn't find, so that he'll turn back and follow the girl.

Back to rape, I wonder what people like herald9 enjoy from a forced sex. undecided
Was that supposed to be a joke? Hmm I'd be coming back to laugh.

Paedophilia is alien to us here in Akwa Ibom.
Here, we let our crops grow to the right stage before we harvest them, after all, the creator blessed us with fertile soils (beautiful women). In that aspect, I can't think of any solution to a foreign disease. Those affected should investigate themselves and repeal any law that condones paedophilia.

Our children were to be protected and not penetrated. Anything that goes against nature is not normal and should be treated as such. If shaming and jailing cannot curb this act, maybe they should take it up psychologically.

And with the parents playing their parts, the media house creating more awareness, the government enacting strict laws to punish offenders and sticking to it.... Slowly, this crime, if not totally eradicated would be reduced to the barest minimum.

Homosexuality has come to stay, let's not add paedophilia to the list.
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by joseph1832(m): 10:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nihilist:

Dude, do you have any idea what the embolden mean? How can a sane mind say "Nigeria is broken?".

Fine Nigeria/Nigerians (some of us) may be corrupt, selfish and greedy but saying the whole country is broken is fuc.ked up bro.

Have a look at Rwanda, Burundi and some East African countries and compare to with Nigeria and tell me if you can still use that word 'broken'.

No wonder you secretly advocate for gay acceptance here!.
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by freecocoa(f): 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2015
herald9:

Was that supposed to be a joke? Hmm I'd be coming back to laugh.

Paedophilia is alien to us here in Akwa Ibom.
Here, we let our crops grow to the right stage before we harvest them, after all, the creator blessed us with fertile soils (beautiful women). In that aspect, I can't think of any solution to a foreign disease. Those affected should investigate themselves and repeal any law that condones paedophilia.

Our children were to be protected and not penetrated. Anything that goes against nature is not normal and should be treated as such. If shaming and jailing cannot curb this act, maybe they should take it up psychologically.

And with the parents playing their parts, the media house creating more awareness, the government enacting strict laws to punish offenders and sticking to it.... Slowly, this crime, if not totally eradicated would be reduced to the barest minimum.

Homosexuality has come to stay, let's not add paedophilia to the list.

Pedophilia is alien to who? So the man that r*ped a 9 years old girl and blamed his sons, labelling them witches, is from America abi?
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nihilist: 10:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
joseph1832:
Dude, do you have any idea what the embolden mean? How can a sane mind say "Nigeria is broken?".

Fine Nigeria/Nigerians (some of us) may be corrupt, selfish and greedy but saying the whole country is broken is fuc.ked up bro.

Have a look at Rwanda, Burundi and some East African countries and compare to with Nigeria and tell me if you can still use that word 'broken'.

No wonder you secretly advocate for gay acceptance here!.

I will not let you ruin this thread.

Jog on.
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by busky101(m): 10:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nihilist:

Exactly rape can happen anywhere. Does a father need education to know that maybe he shouldn't rape his own daughter?

Does a principal need education to know that he shouldn't rape his students?

Konji is a bastard and can strike anywhere...The best you can do is try to protect yourself.
yes bro. I must confess i love standd's selflessness and determination against crime in our soceity, this is not the 1st time she is showing her displeasure on d matter, i remember her last topic was on the girl dat was found butchered in a native doctors shrine. Aunty standd, your commitment on things like this is highly commendable, its just unfortunate that someone supposedly in position to do something bout this issue is somewhere whiling her time away, when its less than 24 months to leave office they will bring up a ministry dat wil promise to look into d matter and when a new govt comes in, it starts all over again. The war against this issue is probably far from over
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
standd:

So you mean the rapist in your neighbourhood is roaming free cos you have refused to report him to the appropriate authorities?
Ok ooooooo, FrancisTony, ok ooooooo
embarassed embarassed
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by Nihilist: 10:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
busky101:
yes bro. I must confess i love standd's selflessness and determination against crime in our soceity, this is not the 1st time she is showing her displeasure on d matter, i remember her last topic was on the girl dat was found butchered in a native doctors shrine. Aunty standd, your commitment on things like this is highly commendable, its just unfortunate that someone supposedly in position to do something bout this issue is somewhere whiling her time away, when its less than 24 months to leave office they will bring up a ministry dat wil promise to look into d matter and when a new govt comes in, it starts all over again. The war against this issue is probably far from over

It's very admirable.

I'm too much of a cynic to harbour such idealistic notions myself, but it is a breath of fresh air watching standd bring her righteous indignation to bear of this website.

It's like you said, Nigeria is a country with no real functioning institutions that can truly make a difference

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian-Ghanaian Woman Caught Selling "Human Flesh As Fried Meat" In Ghana / Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger / I Spent My Share Of Our Ransom On My Wedding –kidnap Suspect (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.