Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,977 members, 7,799,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. (20249 Views)

See The Snake My Friend Uncle Killed For Her To Eat (photos) / Scary: Which Of These Would You Eat For #50,000? / Pictures Of What People Eat For Breakfast Around The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Mznaett: 12:29am On Aug 05, 2015
If so u aje pass me na lol wink

As 4me the best I could used then was my carrycome o asin my original carrycome hand lol
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by colsorubak(m): 12:32am On Aug 05, 2015
Mznaett:
If so u aje pass me na lol wink

As 4me the best I could used then was my carrycome o asin my original carrycome hand lol

hahahaha............but na hand sweet pass na........lol
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by undisputedgbola(m): 12:33am On Aug 05, 2015
misspicy:
I have a very silly first experience o,it was during my siwes at NBC,we went for lunch and jollof rice and chicken was served with only folk and knife...nvr used d before,so I just called for d waitress and asked for spoon...everybody on d table just burst out laffing...i was really embarrased
Jeeeez! I can imagine grin
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Mznaett: 12:37am On Aug 05, 2015
Colsorubak even if we were to go on a debate concerning which is best I can bodly tell you that "OUR ORIGINAL CARRYCOME" would beat those obstruction tools handsdown grin
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Certifiedboss: 12:38am On Aug 05, 2015
Lundii:
I don't know why humans are just making life difficult for themselves.
I was at an event two days ago, and I was served a mouth watering dish, but only fork and knife was provided without SPOON(can u imagine).
I don't know how to use it and the painful part is that it was a round table with two girls close by. Well knowing the type of person I am, I asked my friend for suggestion and he asked me to be myself. That statement was a motivation, I just dumped the knife, used the fork as spoon and used my hand to clear the chicken.
Well I am a Nigerian and I just pity people making life difficult for themselves in the name of civilization.

Why don't u share your own experience.

I eat rice with my hand and eba with a fork .
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by colsorubak(m): 12:40am On Aug 05, 2015
Mznaett:
Colsorubak even if we were to go on a debate concerning which is best I can bodly tell you that "OUR ORIGINAL CARRYCOME" would beat those obstruction tools handsdown grin

no doubt dearie...........its the best.............there is nothing like follow come....lol
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by colsorubak(m): 12:42am On Aug 05, 2015
Mznaett:

did u see my pm?
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Mznaett: 12:47am On Aug 05, 2015
Colsorubak,, O yea! But am having a lil problem with my mail
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by colsorubak(m): 12:49am On Aug 05, 2015
Mznaett:
Colsorubak,, O yea! But am having a lil problem with my mail

ok....wud ve loved to have a private chat wt u smiley
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Mznaett: 12:57am On Aug 05, 2015
Colsorubak,,oh! I thought as much when you mentioned me in that other thread lol. Hope no problem? smiley
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by colsorubak(m): 12:59am On Aug 05, 2015
Mznaett:
Colsorubak,,oh! I thought as much when you mentioned me in that other thread lol. Hope no problem? smiley

lol...........not at all...just a harmless request
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Mznaett: 1:06am On Aug 05, 2015
Colsorubak well, if you so no probs
Guy,, It's late already and I have a morning class today o. Very soon I'd be off
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by colsorubak(m): 1:12am On Aug 05, 2015
Mznaett:
Colsorubak well, if you so no probs

Guy,, It's late already and I have a morning class today o. Very soon I'd be off

which school is that?
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 05, 2015
If I'm hungry, I eat with what I'm comfortable with. Its not a sin to eat with finngers, its complicated and time -wasting.
We were only colonized into doing that, fork and knife can't clear a plate of goat meat pepper soup.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Elparaiso(m): 1:19am On Aug 05, 2015
Mine was on a flight...
I just kept the tray for like 20 mins day observe how people day chop...
When I knew I had learnt enough pounced on the beans like stuff and meat...
Halfway through, I drop knife make fork be lone survivor...

Who forming help...
It was uncomfortable
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Mznaett: 1:19am On Aug 05, 2015
Colsorubak I don dey suspect u o wink

Well,, I'm a student of Akpoly
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by colsorubak(m): 1:21am On Aug 05, 2015
Mznaett:
Colsorubak I don dey suspect u o wink

Well,,am a student of Akpoly

hei babe u dnt need to suspect.......lol..........ok u need to go to bed so u won't be late to lecture..
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by colsorubak(m): 1:21am On Aug 05, 2015
colsorubak:

hei babe u dnt need to suspect.......lol..........ok u need to go to bed so u won't be late to lecture..

can u chat me up when u are outa lectures?
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Mznaett: 1:23am On Aug 05, 2015
Colsorubak much better

Lets see how it'd be when it's dawn
sha #gudnyt
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by colsorubak(m): 1:24am On Aug 05, 2015
Mznaett:
Colsorubak much better

#gudnyt

gudnyt
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by ghananotnaija(m): 2:13am On Aug 05, 2015
What's wrong with eating with hands? We are Africans, after all.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by wytecat: 2:25am On Aug 05, 2015
Nigerians and inferiority complex.

Mr Biggs and most eateries in Nigeria are casual settings, and do NOT call for una bughetto posing.

Eat any way you want if it's not a formal setting where your A game and etiquette are entrees.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Esdb3: 3:15am On Aug 05, 2015
bestestgirl:
I attended a catholic secondary school and God bless you if you don't know how to use the fork and knife angry and I am not talking about just holding the fork in the left and the knife in the right, you actually had to heap your food on the back of the fork to eat angry angry if you spill, you are going hungry mehn. those reverend sisters were MEAN!!!

Rev sisters are hypocrites am sure they had lesbian things with some of you girls I pity catholic girls only student.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by sexyse027(m): 5:07am On Aug 05, 2015
oh shit please tell me about chopstick
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Princephelar(m): 5:24am On Aug 05, 2015
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Israel5(m): 5:30am On Aug 05, 2015
That was in high school. It made me slow. I didnt like the fact it was law but i hatd the enforcers. Bt nw, i'm free. My special spoon na shovel in disguise.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by kilokeys(m): 5:33am On Aug 05, 2015
Op it would do you well to learn your table etiquettes.

Its nt that hard to learn.

With african dishes.. U could eat with ur ears or feet if u wish

With intercontinental dishes in posh places.. U behave..

I am a nudist.. But i wear clothes anyway..
We know u r from the jungle.. But u are in town with modest beings. So behave

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by freedom96: 5:52am On Aug 05, 2015
misspicy:
I have a very silly first experience o,it was during my siwes at NBC,we went for lunch and jollof rice and chicken was served with only folk and knife...nvr used d before,so I just called for d waitress and asked for spoon...everybody on d table just burst out laffing...i was really embarrased
May this not be my portion cheesy

I guess u called the waitress confidently grin
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by otoboveta(m): 6:30am On Aug 05, 2015
my gf tel me 4 public say u r embarrasin me bcs i no gre use fork nd knife,i jxt tel ha mke i imprison mysef wit my own money i quietly cari d fud 4 hand wit spoon waka leave d table,eyes wan chop,lol dnt laf o
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by fippycbk(m): 6:45am On Aug 05, 2015
JSS1, Federal Government College Enugu, 1999. That was my 1st time.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by sleepycell: 6:52am On Aug 05, 2015
just my tut.... why most we drink from glass cups when we have calabash an what happened to our wooden spoons, believe me guys try eat jellof rice with wooden spoon.... hmmm what a treat
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by saintgoogle(m): 6:58am On Aug 05, 2015
I was at a party during my secondary school days it was the lunching of a book by HOD english department at Unilag our school was invited
We were served with fork spoon and knive on sensing that the fork go cause yawa
I just use style push the fork commot for table
And it was like I unknowingly dropt it
PROBLEM solved

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria / 10 Foods That Will Help You Gain Weight! / Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.