Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. (20258 Views)

See The Snake My Friend Uncle Killed For Her To Eat (photos) / Scary: Which Of These Would You Eat For #50,000? / Pictures Of What People Eat For Breakfast Around The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by jwils(m): 7:01am On Aug 05, 2015
YerYer:
Fork to the left hand and knife to right hand. If u don't know how to use a fork & knife just to go You Tube for a tutorial. Don't embarrass yourself again.
na which tool u go carry the fud go ur mouth lipsrsealed
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Tantolu: 7:12am On Aug 05, 2015
What if naturally you are a left handed person which hand will you put your knife.?
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Eberex(m): 7:38am On Aug 05, 2015
Why on earth would you use what you are not good at in the first place? Hunger never catch the person!
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Dajugba: 7:43am On Aug 05, 2015
freedom96:
May this not be my portion cheesy
I guess u called the waitress confidently grin

lol... Yours is good na. Mine then was twice that I got fully embarrassed. First was during 2005 Dec, Christmas day. I went to visit a family member, with my eldest sister. After much discussion and game played food was served, it came with fork and knife. Ha... Immediately I saw that, I said in my mind, ha... Wetin be this na, Who told me to come visit. I was just steering at the food like say na cinema I come watch. It was then my eldest sister laugh out loud, then being a smart guy, I told her, you know there is no way I can eat with this. Abeg uncle, I'm not used to this fork and knife, give me spoon. Then my sister taught me that moment, but due to the fact my mind was not in learning how to use cutlery, I just say, waste ur time make I eat food. Not knowing that judgement day await me. Then during 2008 when I gain admission to school, a good friend of mine celebrated his birthday, and we went to a near by eatery and when de food was served, at the sight of cutlery this time, my mind was like see setup. I was like, see public drama without director. I tried, but everyone saw I was just forcing my self, like after taking like 3 to four spoons of rice, doing it feeling depressed. Then my friend wen sabi talk more like parrot, said na wa oh... So Beloved D. You no sa bi use cutlery, ha... U don fall my hand... The babes there was just laughing. No time, since I've been disgraced let me do it to my normal style, I just switched to spoon and then hold de meat with my hand, even the meat applaus me for doing so. Since then I went home learning till I become master of it till now.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 05, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
it happend on a date,he could use it very fast as in ehh....very good in it....but me nhmber one shy type so i was gnashing my teeth,i dint pick knife oo....used fork,but guess what cheesy .....the fork fell from hand with food while eating.......i just gave up...... grin grin
then what's soo funy about that angry
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by omonnakoda: 7:55am On Aug 05, 2015
kerosine using Jangolova saying kids from the other side of town. grin grin

grin I agree do not pretend just wash your hands and eat.
Chicken on bone is not meant to be eaten with a knife and fork and a thoughtful host would not serve that at a dinner
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by ifeoluwasegun(m): 7:57am On Aug 05, 2015
Bluntly said, NO IDEA!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by patrickgeddes: 8:25am On Aug 05, 2015
my first experience of using fork and knife together was wen i was in 300L @ UNILAG. I went to one of the resturant within the campus with my elder sister. when we got there i noticed that 95% of the customers seated were using cutlery ....... immediate i got heartattack. we were served and to eat became global problem for me. chaiiiii...... my sister dat took me there used here bloody hand to eat the eba and vegetable soup.... buh i decided to use cutleries. as i was eating my sister was looking at me with pity that i ll disgrace myself today. buh i thank God sha i spent extra 20mins eating the food after which my sister have left. meeen it was a very tiring experience...... and since then av been using cutleries anytime d opportuny surface.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by kodlins(f): 8:26am On Aug 05, 2015
Yustash001:
I don't think have ever used it together....I usually eat foods like moi-moi,Yam etc with fork .,.but have never used a Knife to eat...no need forming tuush...

It's not forming Behind
If you attended a boarding school, you will be so used to it.
There are places you get to and you will be shy you can't use the cutlery set
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Deepsky(m): 8:28am On Aug 05, 2015
My first time of using d fork n knife was on a program at UNN,i went to 1 of their restaurant ordered 4 semonvita n egusi soup,,nnaa-eh see me see wahala.see as everybody dey eat wit fork n spoon.i tried using d damn fork n spoon but e no work,i quietly kept them by the side and started wit my meal,everybody was staring at me
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 05, 2015
Eating with fork and knife makes eating easier, you can eat even the last grain of rice with them.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Godskidmidas(m): 8:56am On Aug 05, 2015
LaDivva:
Eating with fork and knife makes eating easier, you can eat even the last grain of rice with them.
Story!
Abeg tell me how it makes eating chicken easier.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by anigbajumo(m): 9:00am On Aug 05, 2015
smithsydny:
God bless u jare. if I eat a portion of food with spoon an get satisfied if I eat that same food the this yeye fork and knife nah two plate I go chop to cover up..

Laugh waana kill me 4here........

Once u ar used to it,u wil b satisfied
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by anigbajumo(m): 9:00am On Aug 05, 2015
smithsydny:
God bless u jare. if I eat a portion of food with spoon an get satisfied if I eat that same food the this yeye fork and knife nah two plate I go chop to cover up..

Laugh waana kill me 4here........

Once u ar used to it,u wil b satisfied
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Sparkles003(f): 9:03am On Aug 05, 2015
Well i hard to learn cos if you had my kind of dad wey dey use fork and knife chop Eba you gats learn am. me learn but i no still like

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by gabbytabby: 9:44am On Aug 05, 2015
Reminds me when we invited ckc, dmgs and compo boys for formal dinner party whilst in secondary school.We laugh tire. grin
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by SexySapphire(f): 9:56am On Aug 05, 2015
I learnt to use the cutlery back when I was in FGGC, it wasn't a fun experience at first but it got better with time tho we still broke the rule and used spoon to eat at times. If there wasn't a necessity for spoon, it won't have been made.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 05, 2015
YerYer:
Fork to the left hand and knife to right hand. If u don't know how to use a fork & knife just to go You Tube for a tutorial. Don't embarrass yourself again.
And what if I don't want to use fork and knife. What if I prefer using spoon because I consider using the former a waste of time.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 05, 2015
LaDivva:
I strongly disagree with u. It does not make it easier at all, it is a waste of time and energy.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 05, 2015
Titto93:
Back in my secondary boarding school, I pretend to use it only when the authorities are around - knowing fully well it wastes time and energy...

Imagine using fork and knife when you just ended your 6 - 6 fasting, when hunger is at 100°C.

Imagine using fork and knife when you're expected to scramble food with your friends.

Imagine using fork and knife to munch fu-fu when you're alone in the house.

Bros, you're FOOLING yourself.

This got me laughing.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 05, 2015
laurel03:
Most people in Africa don't like that combination...
True because it's a waste of time.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 05, 2015
manny4life:
Everything makes NL FP... Even the most awkward topics, don't forget to tell us how you licked the plate as well.
Bros no be fight. No need reading the topic if u don't like it, and the topic is not awkward to some other people.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 05, 2015
Mznaett:
Chai! So na kpako guyz wey full nairaland like this eh? Kikikikiki grin

Well,here my experience lies lol

I attended an all girls Catholic school and my first day in that school was a mess. Imagine!
We went for dinner that evening and since that was my first time of using that obstruction tool called cutlery I wept cuz I didn't know how to place my hands on it and worst enough I injured my throat with d fork.

As fate may have it the light went off immediately omehn sharpaly na hand I used do justice gv dat rice nd beans o naso I finish work with my hand.
Ah! I thought that was all,I never knew those snrs noticed it and when they brought back the light all those culprits were been punished including myself

But truth be told that stuff is a burden aswear
LOL.
Not just burden na suffering join self. But ur episode funny sha
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 05, 2015
kilokeys:
Op it would do you well to learn your table etiquettes.

Its nt that hard to learn.

With african dishes.. U could eat with ur ears or feet if u wish

With intercontinental dishes in posh places.. U behave..

I am a nudist.. But i wear clothes anyway..
We know u r from the jungle.. But u are in town with modest beings. So behave
Thank you for ur advice Mr Modest being.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Bootybuttchic(f): 11:25am On Aug 05, 2015
stardragon:
then what's soo funy about that angry
ur head grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by freedom96: 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
Dajugba:

lol... Yours is good na. Mine then was twice that I got fully embarrassed. First was during 2005 Dec, Christmas day. I went to visit a family member, with my eldest sister. After much discussion and game played food was served, it came with fork and knife. Ha... Immediately I saw that, I said in my mind, ha... Wetin be this na, Who told me to come visit. I was just steering at the food like say na cinema I come watch. It was then my eldest sister laugh out loud, then being a smart guy, I told her, you know there is no way I can eat with this. Abeg uncle, I'm not used to this fork and knife, give me spoon. Then my sister taught me that moment, but due to the fact my mind was not in learning how to use cutlery, I just say, waste ur time make I eat food. Not knowing that judgement day await me. Then during 2008 when I gain admission to school, a good friend of mine celebrated his birthday, and we went to a near by eatery and when de food was served, at the sight of cutlery this time, my mind was like see setup. I was like, see public drama without director. I tried, but everyone saw I was just forcing my self, like after taking like 3 to four spoons of rice, doing it feeling depressed. Then my friend wen sabi talk more like parrot, said na wa oh... So Beloved D. You no sa bi use cutlery, ha... U don fall my hand... The babes there was just laughing. No time, since I've been disgraced let me do it to my normal style, I just switched to spoon and then hold de meat with my hand, even the meat applaus me for doing so. Since then I went home learning till I become master of it till now.
Omo bros I sorry for ur case.Its over now anyway cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by kilokeys(m): 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2015
Lundii:

Thank you for ur advice Mr Modest being.
savage u are welcome to our world.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Pelummy(f): 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
As a left handed babe , no such embarrassing moment

Yes I am left handed!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by blackjack21(m): 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
Lundii:
I don't know why humans are just making life difficult for themselves.
I was at an event two days ago, and I was served a mouth watering dish, but only fork and knife was provided without SPOON(can u imagine).
I don't know how to use it and the painful part is that it was a round table with two girls close by. Well knowing the type of person I am, I asked my friend for suggestion and he asked me to be myself. That statement was a motivation, I just dumped the knife, used the fork as spoon and used my hand to clear the chicken.
Well I am a Nigerian and I just pity people making life difficult for themselves in the name of civilization.

Why don't u share your own experience.

Lundii:
I don't know why humans are just making life difficult for themselves.
I was at an event two days ago, and I was served a mouth watering dish, but only fork and knife was provided without SPOON(can u imagine).
I don't know how to use it and the painful part is that it was a round table with two girls close by. Well knowing the type of person I am, I asked my friend for suggestion and he asked me to be myself. That statement was a motivation, I just dumped the knife, used the fork as spoon and used my hand to clear the chicken.
Well I am a Nigerian and I just pity people making life difficult for themselves in the name of civilization.

Why don't u share your own experience.

You remind me of a dinner I had with some VIP, mostly ladies, from London. I was fumbling with the fork and knife, before I put the food in my mouth half would fall off angry. I dropped the F&K and asked a waiter to get me a spoon, and the rest na story. grin

12:30:16
Wed, Aug 5, 2015
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by gemale(m): 1:27pm On Aug 05, 2015
i was rili yung den abt 6/7 yrs... my aunt took me 2 munchies. as dey servd me 1 plate of rice & chicken, instd of me 2 rspct myslf jeje& ask 4 spoon,i dcded 2 use d fork & knife dey brought wt d fud. i actually used it well 2 eat d rice bt as i tryd 2 use it 2 cut my big chicken, na so d tin fly comot 4rm my plate land 4 floor. i rili wntd 2 pick it up bt my aunt didnt allow me. chai! d tin pain me no b small.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by Mznaett: 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2015
Lundii lol no mind me o grin
Re: Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. by mamziii(f): 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2015
was on date with dis Behind guy,i was like 20 den. he ordered fried rice and chicken 4us,d waiter brot my rice with spoon,fork and knife,i sat looking at d rice thinking of how to eat wit d utensils,i pikd d spoon ate d rice looked at him wit a smile and sed i dnt eat grilled chicken.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria / When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? / How I Made My Moimoi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.