Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,714 members, 7,805,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted (5275 Views)

5 Nigerian Songs That Shouldn't Have Been On The Spotlight / 5 Nigerian Songs For Your Valentine Playlist / 5 Nigerian Song Lyrics You're Probably Getting Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Awesomeking: 5:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
5 artist that take lyrics for granted
Posted by Abdulkadiri A kadiri

I have noticed these 5 artists are excruciatinely annoying with their lyrics,its almost like they arent putting any effort,check the list and let me know if you agree with me

5.mc galaxy-this man was a major hit back in the day after his collabo with davido,other songs he released himself showed us his true lyrical power,and made us realise he actually had none :/ :/-what in Gods name is "komolopcholop"

4.olamide-although he makes a good song every now and then,he makes more wack music than good music,its obvious he patronizes songwriters,its better if he calls up a songwriter more often because releasing a song every three days is wack and meaningless if the songs are same old same old and carry the same meaning(girls and party)

3.wizkid-wizzy was clearly lieing when he said skales never wrote a song for him,considering the song he made before and after EME,its obvious wizkid never wrote any of his hits,what kinda sensible person would name a song expensive shit and just think about that "in my bed" he was so confused on what to say or do,its obvious he was high when recording that song and shooting that video

2.lil kesh- no one knows the meaning of skibo ro bo skibos #nuffsaid

1.TERRY g.this is the master of all when it comes to lack of lyrics,he once confessed that he doesnt write songs,he just freestyles through all his songs and features am suprised that this guy is still relevant

thats the list,i hope these musicians understand their mistakes and work on them because i mean good for every one of them and wish them the very best

for all your songwriting,lyricism,composing needs you can emal
songwriterkadiri@yaho o.com
or call +2347037070686 or go to freewrittensongs.mywapblog.com
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
Issorite

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by kossyablaze(m): 5:06pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nice

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
I totally disagree with no. 3 and 4
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by sathel(m): 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2015
So? U may be right but to some extent...just tell us u want artist to patronize u

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Prinzofparis: 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
I actually don't comment on sections like this as I don't listen to most Nigerian music but WIZKID?? Really? OP music is deeper than what you hear only...Wizkid is trying lyrically and he gives his fans what they want!!!!

If a whole Boss like Femi Kuti and aunty Yeni can commend wizkid for his lyrical prowess, I think you should give him a pass mark.

I listened to Wizkid's 'Joy' and the lyrics made true sense plus other songs he actually did well.
Music these days is not about the artist but the fans and what they want!!!!....
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by kristen12(f): 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
Street ti take over, punchline o ja wo mo.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by ephemm(m): 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
@OP is one of the "smellos"
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Awesomeking: 7:15pm On Aug 01, 2015
sathel:
So? U may be right but to some extent...just tell us u want artist to patronize u
what do u mean?
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Awesomeking: 7:15pm On Aug 01, 2015
ephemm:
@OP is one of the "smellos"
smellos??
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Awesomeking: 7:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
Prinzofparis:
I actually don't comment on sections like this as I don't listen to most Nigerian music but WIZKID?? Really? OP music is deeper than what you hear only...Wizkid is trying lyrically and he gives his fans what they want!!!!

If a whole Boss like Femi Kuti and aunty Yeni can commend wizkid for his lyrical prowess, I think you should give him a pass mark.

I listened to Wizkid's 'Joy' and the lyrics made true sense plus other songs he actually did well.
Music these days is not about the artist but the fans and what they want!!!!....
i understand what u mean..now is your turn to understand what i mean

listen to wizkid in my bed and u will agree with me

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Awesomeking: 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2015
elego1:
honestly wizkid and olamide were good when they first started..but now they just write anyhow for us.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Awesomeking: 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2015
kossyablaze:
Nice
thanks
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Prinzofparis: 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
Awesomeking:
i understand what u mean..now is your turn to understand what i mean

listen to wizkid in my bed and u will agree with me
Is the song a hit? Yes or No?
If yes then its gooooood music as millions of people like it and its content.
You don't have to speak all the di-hexadecasyllabic words in the dictionary to make sense in your music. Just give the fans what they want........ To you 'in my bed' doesn't make sense lyrically, but to millions it does....statistically, your opinion wouldn't matter at all.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by enua(m): 12:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
disagree with only baddo d rest are shit
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
elego1:
Wizkid?? Really?? cry cry why did he sing bout God's blessings in "IN MY BED??
why why why?? cry cry cry
Not even to mention other songs cry
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
We only have few artists with Grammy-Level Content in Nigeria.
Cobhams
Asa
Emm P Square (till they jumped into dancehall/Pop cry cry)
And others sha.
The remaining are just making recycled music in the name of Commercial Music.
Too bad
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Awesomeking: 5:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Prinzofparis:

Is the song a hit? Yes or No?
If yes then its gooooood music as millions of people like it and its content.
You don't have to speak all the di-hexadecasyllabic words in the dictionary to make sense in your music. Just give the fans what they want........ To you 'in my bed' doesn't make sense lyrically, but to millions it does....statistically, your opinion wouldn't matter at all.
so basically you are saying u listen to any kind of crap just because other people do too,so u are saying u live by what other people think??
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Awesomeking: 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
Zohan:
We only have few artists with Grammy-Level Content in Nigeria.
Cobhams
Asa
Emm P Square (till they jumped into dancehall/Pop cry cry)
And others sha.
The remaining are just making recycled music in the name of Commercial Music.
Too bad
you are very right.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Awesomeking: 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
enua:
disagree with only baddo d rest are shit
badoo was good before, now he doesnt even put any effort
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Ngmediagist: 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
Awesomeking:
badoo was good before, now he doesnt even put any effort

Where is your own song?

Awon Haterz

Replying from jupiter
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Awesomeking: 8:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ngmediagist:

Where is your own song?

Awon Haterz

Replying from jupiter
am a songwriter,i write songs and sell them,i dont sing
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Prinzofparis: 8:00pm On Aug 09, 2015
Awesomeking:
so basically you are saying u listen to any kind of crap just because other people do too,so u are saying u live by what other people think??
If what everybody listens to and enjoys is 'crap' then in the real sense, the music the don't listen to is the real crap as its not accepted.

I listen to loads and loads of music...... Some for the words, and some for the style....... I listen to spanish and mexican songs, not like I understand what they are saying but because I enjoy the style of music.

Its called Music and not Lexis and structure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2015
Awesomeking:
honestly wizkid and olamide were good when they first started..but now they just write anyhow for us.
they were never good musicians,
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
but wait, I swear with my balls that kcee should have been on this list....that guy is a terrible artiste
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Awesomeking: 11:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
Jregz:
they were never good musicians,
they were good commercial musicians
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Awesomeking: 6:58am On Aug 11, 2015
Prinzofparis:

If what everybody listens to and enjoys is 'crap' then in the real sense, the music the don't listen to is the real crap as its not accepted.

I listen to loads and loads of music...... Some for the words, and some for the style....... I listen to spanish and mexican songs, not like I understand what they are saying but because I enjoy the style of music.

Its called Music and not Lexis and structure.
fella,music is all about lexis and structure,nigerian music was once in that state,when everything made sense,but now..its garbage in garbage out music,as if the musicians arent even trying at all..they just get on a beat and freestyle their way through it

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Awesomeking: 7:00am On Aug 11, 2015
Jregz:
but wait, I swear with my balls that kcee should have been on this list....that guy is a terrible artiste
lol!! Dude you are so right,but kcee is so terrible,putting him on the list is unfair to others cheesy cheesy he is honourable mention
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 11, 2015
Awesomeking:
kcee is so terrible,putting him on the list is unfair to others cheesy cheesy
that was epic though... hehe
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by Awesomeking: 8:03am On Aug 11, 2015
Jregz:
that was epic though... hehe
lol cheesy cheesy
Re: 5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted by obontami: 8:24am On Aug 11, 2015
I agree with the rest but badoo on that list is a big NO for me

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Styl Plus: What's Happening? / "Tonight" By Bungees: Nairaland Artist Drops Banging Tune / Download Latest Chris Brown Song's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.