Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Mushroom Cultivation - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Mushroom Cultivation (2523 Views)

Mushroom Cultivation Simplified / Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting / Edible Mushroom Cultivation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mushroom Cultivation by chiefsaga: 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2015
Just of recent I heard about someone mentioning mushroom cultivation on a radio station .
Pls, I really need someone who is experienced in ds kind of farming. I heard its lucrative
Re: Mushroom Cultivation by Yeecar(m): 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2015
chiefsaga:
Just of recent I heard about someone mentioning mushroom cultivation on a radio station .
Pls, I really need someone who is experienced in ds kind of farming. I heard its lucrative

You heard right! Its all about utilization of Agro waste such as Sawdust, cassava peels etc. for the cultivation of Edible and medicinal mushrooms. The demand is higher than the supply... Harvest is usually within a month and ROI is above 500%.

Checkout my thread below for more information;

FEDERAL INSTITUTE OF INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH OSHODI ( FIIRO), OSHODI, LAGOS.
AFRICA CENTRE FOR MUSHROOM RESEARCH AND INNOVATION TECHNOLOGY (ACMRIT), UNIBEN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE.
ayoola.anibaba@fiiro.gov.ng

https://www.nairaland.com/2113936/mushroom-cultivation-easiest-way-becoming#30143612
Re: Mushroom Cultivation by chiefsaga: 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
Thanks,
Re: Mushroom Cultivation by Yeecar(m): 1:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
chiefsaga:
Thanks,
you are welcome sir
Re: Mushroom Cultivation by Seun(m): 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
Do you eat mushrooms? Do you know anyone who eats mushrooms? If not, think twice about going into the business.
Re: Mushroom Cultivation by hahn(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
Yeecar:

You heard right! Its all about utilization of Agro waste such as Sawdust, cassava peels etc. for the cultivation of Edible and medicinal mushrooms. The demand is higher than the supply... Harvest is usually within a month and ROI is above 500%.

Checkout my thread below for more information;

FEDERAL INSTITUTE OF INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH OSHODI ( FIIRO), OSHODI, LAGOS.
AFRICA CENTRE FOR MUSHROOM RESEARCH AND INNOVATION TECHNOLOGY (ACMRIT), UNIBEN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE.
ayoola.anibaba@fiiro.gov.ng

https://www.nairaland.com/2113936/mushroom-cultivation-easiest-way-becoming#30143612

Do you mean there's demand exporting it because I don't know one single person that eats mushrooms in Nigeria?
Re: Mushroom Cultivation by Yeecar(m): 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
hahn:

Do you mean there's demand exporting it because I don't know one single person that eats mushrooms in Nigeria?

lol!!!
you need to visit shoprite, and some hotels one of this days to see for yourself...People are making millions of naira on a weekly basis from Mushroom Cultivation. You can also try it out, there is nothing to loose after all you only need agro waste instead of lands, ( waste to wealth).
So many countries are involved in the business of Mushroom Cultivation most especially China.

1 Like

Re: Mushroom Cultivation by Yeecar(m): 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
Seun:
Do you eat mushrooms? Do you know anyone who eats mushrooms? If not, think twice about going into the business.

Sir, you need to read this article from Vanguard newspaper;

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/nigeria-must-tap-into-the-multi-million-dollar-mushroom-market-prof-ikhuoya/
Re: Mushroom Cultivation by karlxavier(m): 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
goodday, quite an interesting thread. what is the market like and how much do they sell mushroom. can u also help in helping your students market their mushrooms after production? please reply

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Mushroom Cultivation by Oyadefufolly: 7:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
Thanks
Re: Mushroom Cultivation by Animush: 2:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
Spawn not available

(1) (Reply)

Fulani/bororo Wahala / Snail Supplier In Delta State, Nigeria. / Construction Of Poultry Pen House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.