Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

How Do We Effectively Curb False Rape Claims In Nigeria And Beyond? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do We Effectively Curb False Rape Claims In Nigeria And Beyond? (522 Views)

32yrs Old Man Who Was Accused Of Rape Claims He Has Never Had An Erection In His / UK Announces Visa Free Entry For Nigeria And Othe Commonwealth African Countries / Happy Independence Day Nigeria And Happy New Month!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Effectively Curb False Rape Claims In Nigeria And Beyond? by tpiander: 6:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
Its quite common now for women to claim rape in order to destroy a man.

possibly the women collude with other men or women covertly to do this.

What measures are available for men falsely accused of rape?
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb False Rape Claims In Nigeria And Beyond? by Czar01(m): 6:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
Avoid pre-marital sex. That way nobody would accuse you of rape. Simple
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb False Rape Claims In Nigeria And Beyond? by wagazala: 6:35pm On Aug 01, 2015
This is a very good thread in the making and I hope it gets a lot of contributions.

I once had a friend who was accused of rape. This happened in UK. They hooked up at the club and got down at his place later that night. The next day, cops came and took him away and charged him for rape (African boy v White Lady). I already assumed he was done for. She claimed he took her against her consent and that she was drunk.
Well, at some point in the case, the lawyers were trying to figure how drunk will one have to be to be certified drunk? My friend was later found not guilty and released but the question here is: in the case of trying to woo a girl in the club, how do you identify a genuine consent and an alcohol induced one?
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb False Rape Claims In Nigeria And Beyond? by Gmajor(m): 6:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
consent is consent. alcohol induced or otherwise.
feeling guilty or ashamed of the act does not make it rape
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb False Rape Claims In Nigeria And Beyond? by tpiander: 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
wagazala:
This is a very good thread in the making and I hope it gets a lot of contributions.

I once had a friend who was accused of rape. This happened in UK. They hooked up at the club and got down at his place later that night. The next day, cops came and took him away and charged him for rape (African boy v White Lady). I already assumed he was done for. She claimed he took her against her consent and that she was drunk.
Well, at some point in the case, the lawyers were trying to figure how drunk will one have to be to be certified drunk? My friend was later found not guilty and released but the question here is: in the case of trying to woo a girl in the club, how do you identify a genuine consent and an alcohol induced one?

it is so common for a woman to say a sexual encounter was rape, irrespective of even context, whether alcohol was involved or not.

the general idea seems to be as long as there was a sexual encounter, it is rape no matter if consent was involved or not.

it is very difficult to distinguish between genuine consent and otherwise when a woman can say she told the man to pull out of her while having sex, and as he is about to release, and his not doing so immediately she demanded, means he raped her. That can give an interpretation of meaning a woman can say yes, then in the middle of the act, turn it to no and then say the previous consent was invalid therefore it is rape.
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb False Rape Claims In Nigeria And Beyond? by tpiander: 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
Czar01:
Avoid pre-marital sex. That way nobody would accuse you of rape. Simple

say a woman accuses you of rape even though no sexual contact occurred, avoiding premarital sex would not apply in such a case.

and by no sexual contact, I mean no sexual contact.
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb False Rape Claims In Nigeria And Beyond? by wagazala: 10:40pm On Aug 01, 2015
tpiander:

it is so common for a woman to say a sexual encounter was rape, irrespective of even context, whether alcohol was involved or not.

the general idea seems to be as long as there was a sexual encounter, it is rape no matter if consent was involved or not.

it is very difficult to distinguish between genuine consent and otherwise when a woman can say she told the man to pull out of her while having sex, and as he is about to release, and his not doing so immediately she demanded, means he raped her. That can give an interpretation of meaning a woman can say yes, then in the middle of the act, turn it to no and then say the previous consent was invalid therefore it is rape.

It's a shame really, cos there's no clear line according to the law where one will know he hasn't gone against his partners wish. I just hope law makers could come out in clear terms and say when it's rape and when not. This would clear a lot of innocent names off.
The recent case of Timaya comes to mind, the lady agreed to meet in his hotel room, agreed to sex prior to their meeting, agreed to pre-intimacy etc....at what point did it become rape? Did she say no after he had popped a woody? Did he physically restrain her?? It's quite confusing really.
Re: How Do We Effectively Curb False Rape Claims In Nigeria And Beyond? by tpiander: 12:09am On Aug 02, 2015
Yes, thats why men in particular need to find a way to stop being sitting ducks for any woman out to get them.

it is currently too easy and it would have been better if the repercussions of such false accusations were not life destroying.

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To MTN On The Sudden Sim Registration Alert / PDP Accuses Buhari Of Being Dictatorial Over Saraki’s Case / Bishop Oyedepo Engages Church Contractors To Fix Allroads Leading To Cannanland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.