Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,294 members, 7,780,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:35 PM

7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. (78584 Views)

Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by MarieSucre(f): 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
wrongnumber:

You are so so wrong dear,

In the case of Hosea and Gormer,it was a specific symbolic story of redemption of Isreal by GOD and Gomer was never unfaithful in the very beginning but GOD knew she will be but only wants to use her to pas a message of his undying love for Israel.

Hosea was commanded to marry a woman whom God told him would not be faithful and even when this came to pass,Hosea had to buy her back with a bride price that is half of what GOD commanded which was 15sheckels of silver instead of 50 or 30.

And please go back again and read the story of David and Bathsheba. This was purely an illicit affair that GOD was never pleased with.
My post is not about the symbolism of Hosea and Gomer's marriage or whether God was pleased with David.

The point of my post was that a full bride price was paid on Gomer's head when she was first married to Hosea. He paid half-price to get her back after her unfaithfulness but that does not nullify the full price he initially paid.

David paid bride price on Bathsheba. Even God could not command him to do otherwise regardless of the circumstances that surrounded their union.

Adaeze point still stands.
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by wrongnumber: 1:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
Seventeen:
and ur brother go still pay and marry her. grin

And it will now be old things have passed away...smh.

i recommend 21days deliveramce non stop for her after her 120days fasting.
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 02, 2015
halfrica:

Wait which one is your name is it solo or fana or animal together it sounds like the botanical name of an antibiotics meant for animals
grin for trouble whr i dey power must change hands
Hany same wiv u o
grin grin MANY PEOPLE DON ASK ME THIS QUESTION.

IN MY SUB BUSINESS, I DEAL WITH ANIMALS PRODUCTION (FISH AND POULTRY BUSINESS) AND I LOVE ANIMALS ( I THINK THAT'S WERE I GOT THE INSPIRATION TO NAME MY MONIKER)
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by AdeniyiA(m): 1:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
seriously 'community benefits' dem ladies do not deserve bride price undecided .
For what??
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by wrongnumber: 1:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
MarieSucre:

My post is not about the symbolism of Hosea and Gomer's marriage or whether God was pleased with David.

The point of my post was that a full bride price was paid on Gomer's head when she was first married to Hosea. He paid half-price to get her back after her unfaithfulness but that does not nullify the full price he initially paid.

David paid bride price on Bathsheba. Even God could not command him to do otherwise regardless of the circumstances that surrounded their union.

Go and read again..Gomir was not a harlot the first time Hosea paid her bride price but the second time was a redemptive bride price which God asked him to do as a symbolic representtion of his love for isreal despite that they went astray.

As per david case i still maintain my earlier stand that this case should not even be mentioned in this context.

Happy sunday
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by 9jatatafo(m): 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
wrongnumber:

Walahi i tire for all the wailers here taking an intelligent write up out of context.

Even the Op never wrote that we should stop paying bride price but just laid some facts straight.

I asked a simple question my dear. A yes or no answer is all that should suffix
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
sonofananimal1:

grin grin MANY PEOPLE DON ASK ME THIS QUESTION.

IN MY SUB BUSINESS, I DEAL WITH ANIMALS PRODUCTION (FISH AND POULTRY BUSINESS) AND I LOVE ANIMALS ( I THINK THAT'S WERE I GOT THE INSPIRATION TO NAME MY MONIKER)
Can i join in your fish business its like am somehow interested grin grin fish pie please dnt turn my proposal down
U kno say money no be problem
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
halfrica:

Can i join in your fish business its like am somehow interested grin grin fish pie please dnt turn my proposal down
U kno say money no be problem
LOLZ!!!

YOU ARE WELCOME ANYTIME ANYWHERE, AND I AM LOOKING FOR A PARTNER TO JOIN FORCE (JOINT TASK FORCE IN BUSINESS)
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
sonofananimal1:
LOLZ!!!

YOU ARE WELCOME ANYTIME ANYWHERE, AND I AM LOOKING FOR A PARTNER TO JOIN FORCE (JOINT TASK FORCE IN BUSINESS)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy as i don get acceptance na Godwin
Looku looku see as them ma looking us
Oya mr money must be made wat is my role in this fish movie
And please am i the main actress in this movie or acting actress
As a patner wud i be a dormant sleeping or active partner
grin i love sleep alot you kno
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
Adaeze003:
Those laws are for jews you know?

We have our own traditions that have existed even before Christianity came to play. What Christianity did was to get rid of those traditions that were harmful to people. It doesn't abolish our traditions that's why before you're married in church, the priest makes sure you've carried out all rites.

I'm not a fan of bride price myself but all the passages you quoted are sort of irrelevant in the matter.

If you live by those laws you must abide by them all.
Ada chukwu gozie GI.
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
halfrica:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy as i don get acceptance na Godwin
Looku looku see as them ma looking us
Oya mr money must be made wat is my role in this fish movie
And please am i the main actress in this movie or acting actress
As a patner wud i be a dormant sleeping or active partner
grin i love sleep alot you kno
grin grin JUST FEED THE FISH AND WATCH IT GROW, BUT DON'T WORRY, I WILL BE OF GOOD SUPPORT (NO STRESS AND SO ON wink )
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
sonofananimal1:
grin ;mD JUST FEED THE FISH AND WATCH IT GROW, BUT DON'T WORRY, I WILL BE OF GOOD SUPPORT (NO STRESS AND SO ON wink )

So ow do i get to contact u ehm uncle fan of animal
Whr do u base hope its not uk *oju olomo oto* embarassed

Wont u feed me too and watch me grow grin hope the fish love eating rice salad eba and all cos i wud always be a guest at their pond villa
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
halfrica:

So ow do i get to contact u ehm uncle fan of animal Whr do u base hope its not uk *oju olomo oto* embarassed
grin
Another PROBLEM! THE NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
sonofananimal1:
grin

Another PROBLEM! THE NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA
Shekau no dey patronise u ni? grin nigga for dey buy in bulk na
I can always help wiv sales here in lagos
Truss me i aint dishonest aint i future ok
I will always be a loyal partner if u dont cheat on me or double date in d business then we cool bro
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by MarieSucre(f): 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
wrongnumber:

Go and read again..Gomir was not a harlot the first time Hosea paid her bride price but the second time was a redemptive bride price which God asked him to do as a symbolic representtion of his love for isreal despite that they went astray.

As per david case i still maintain my earlier stand that this case should not even be mentioned in this context.

Happy sunday
Hosea1:2. Shows clearly that the Lord commanded Hosea to take a LovePeddler as a wife. She was a prostitute from the start.

Again my post is not about the symbolic representation. That's not my concern. Its that she was taken as a wife with bride price paid on her head knowing full well she was not a virgin; she was a prostitute.

Bathsheba case is relevant here. Again my point is not about the religious symbolism or implication of the adultery. That's not important to this post. David took another man's wife who was obviously not a virgin. Paid bride price on her head and made her his wife.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
halfrica:

Shekau no dey patronise u ni? grin nigga for dey buy in bulk na
I can always help wiv sales here in lagos
Truss me i aint dishonest aint i future ok
I will always be a loyal partner if u dont cheat on me or double date in d business then we cool bro
LOLZ grin grin I DON'T CHEAT OR DOUBLE DATE IN BUSINESS.

I CAN SEND IT TO YOU OH, VIA TRANSPORT ( WITH INTEREST RATE) TRUST ME!!
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
sonofananimal1:
LOLZ grin grin I DON'T CHEAT OR DOUBLE DATE IN BUSINESS.

I CAN SEND IT TO YOU OH, VIA TRANSPORT ( WITH INTEREST RATE) TRUST ME!!

Oya send me details bou it and u can also send details of a cute rich fresh fulani boy grin ur business shd be partner wiv us and get somebody free
Bt criosly crios send me the details of the business ok grin
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
halfrica:

Oya send me details bou it and u can also send details of a cute rich fresh fulani boy grin ur business shd be partner wiv us and get somebody free
Bt criosly crios send me the details of the business ok grin
YOU JUST SAID IT, THAT'S ME!

RIGHT AWAY, I WILL SEND IT
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
sonofananimal1:
YOU JUST SAID IT, THAT'S ME!

RIGHT AWAY, I WILL SEND IT
Ok waiting by the way *Sipping kolanut and chewing icecream*
still waiting tho
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
halfrica:
Ok waiting by the way *Sipping kolanut and chewing icecream* still waiting tho
LOLZ. Keep on sipping it. I have send you a pm
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Seventeen(f): 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
wrongnumber:

hmmm...something tells me you will make an intelligent wife.
Actually l am an intelligent wife.... I wont even be modest about it. I will tell my parents to write my husband demanding more bride price cos he actually underpaid for what he got.... Hahahaha. (kiding around)
Meanwhile... That sounded like a compliment so i think.. 'thanks' should be appropriate.
Thanks smiley.
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
sonofananimal1:
LOLZ. Keep on sipping it. I have send you a pm
Eye half seen it ok grin dnt let people be jealous of our love ok
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
Seventeen:
Actually l am an intelligent wife.... I wont even be modest about it. I will tell my parents to write my husband demanding more bride price cos he actually underpaid for what he got.... Hahahaha. (kiding around)
Meanwhile... That sounded like a compliment so i think.. 'thanks' should be appropriate.
Thanks smiley.

And to think the person you are sharing ur life lessons with is a wrong number grin seventeen wrongnumbers lawd wat am i yet to see again embarassed
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Seventeen(f): 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
wrongnumber:

And it will now be old things have passed away...smh.

i recommend 21days deliveramce non stop for her after her 120days fasting.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
halfrica:

Eye half seen it ok grin dnt let people be jealous of our love ok
grin grin I KNOW THERE WILL BE JEALOUS, BUT DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT THEM, JUST THINK ABOUT WE AND AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OK
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Seventeen(f): 4:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
halfrica:

And to think the person you are sharing ur life lessons with is a wrong number grin seventeen wrongnumbers lawd wat am i yet to see again embarassed
You are yet to see many things... Like 'The seventeen wrongnumbers of halfrica' grin
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
sonofananimal1:
grin grin I KNOW THERE WILL BE JEALOUS, BUT DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT THEM, JUST THINK ABOUT WE AND AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OK

grin winshi winshi plenty for here i heard nairaland is the headquarters of winsh association their boss is mr cork vp cute hector embarassed

Lets carry our love for head like pail of water do noramdic movement outta here
By d way in front of nairaland people i possess my love for u
U are now my swimrat hany and durllin grin i lofts u so march ok boo
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Seventeen(f): 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
halfrica:

grin winshi winshi plenty for here i heard nairaland is the headquarters of winsh association their boss is mr cork vp cute hector embarassed

Lets carry our love for head like pail of water do noramdic movement outta here
By d way in front of nairaland people i possess my love for u
U are now my swimrat hany and durllin grin i lofts u so march ok boo
hahahaha and to think that the person u decided to fall in love with on nairaland is a 'sonofananimal' grin.... Hnmm sonofananimal1 of halfrica... Lawd wat am i yet to see again embarassed
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
Seventeen:
You are yet to see many things... Like 'The seventeen wrongnumbers of halfrica' grin
grin do u mean 69missed call u dey call i no dey pick?

Hany leasten you dont just talk to a continent this way
U av to respect your origin
U originated from me i never raised u dis way
Come bck when u are twenty i wud av ur time for now to me u are still a minor tongue
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
Seventeen:
hahahaha and to think that the person u decided to fall in love with on nairaland is a 'sonofananimal' grin.... Hnmm sonofananimal1 of halfrica... Lawd wat am i yet to see again embarassed

Shout out to the boss me wifing dem niggas
Bck to u pumpkin head
Its a title africa is a continent filled wiv animals mother of all nature
If u need a glorifying title signify by raising up ur hands
All u typed are just making noises to me like babarians
Why do u always type in thousands?
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Seventeen(f): 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
halfrica:

Shout out to the boss me wifing dem niggas
Bck to u pumpkin head
Its a title africa is a continent filled wiv animals mother of all nature
If u need a glorifying title signify by raising up ur hands
All u typed are just making noises to me like babarians
Why do u always type in thousands?
o girl, i honestly tot we were joking around. Plz i was just joking back at u... (dats if u were joking in d first place, which was wat i actually tot) no need to call me names naa. Na wa oo. Abeg sorry oo. I bow out
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
Seventeen:
o girl, i honestly tot we were joking around. Plz i was just joking back at u... (dats if u were joking in d first place, which was wat i actually tot) no need to call me names naa. Na wa oo. Abeg sorry oo. I bow out

Please hany i was criosly playing too u dont av to bow down at me all cos am shooting arrows u like a sweet sister to me cinnamon cant compare grin sorry if d names hurt u tho
Never meant to av a naming ceremony for u today grin
I love u with the love of God ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

HILARIOUS: Man Discovers Wife Is A Man After 19 Years Of Marriage / Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table / Pictures Of A "31-Year-Old" Mother And Her Daughter Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.