Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

5 Things Spiritual People Do Differently In Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Things Spiritual People Do Differently In Life (1060 Views)

Spiritual People, What Should I Study In The University? / Some Annoying Things People Do In Church / Do You Believe In Life After Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things Spiritual People Do Differently In Life by philfearon(m): 8:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
Free spirits tend to behave in similar ways to one another. While everyone is unique, it is interesting to find that people who take a “spiritual” path in life tend to adopt similar habits and behaviours. The spiritually-minded tend to think differently than the rest of society, and they interact with life in a much different way.When it comes to behaviour, being able to relate to others on a level like this is important. It allows us to see that we are not alone on our journey, and that we aren’t so “weird” after all. It takes a lot of courage to be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you someone else, so it can be comforting and reassuring to know that there are millions of others out there who can relate to you.
Here are 5 things spiritual people do differently in life:

1) They have fun differently
spiritually-minded people tend to have fun in different ways than other people. Going out to a club is usually a turn-off, and hanging out at a bar until 3am on a Friday night is nowhere near as enticing as a midnight nature walk. Going exploring, spending time in nature, and taking adventures are on the weekly bucket-list of spiritual people, instead of looking to get wasted on the weekends.But when they DO “party”, they party in much different ways. This brings us to the next thing spiritual people do differently:

2) They use drugs and substances differently:

Am not condoning the use of drugs, but it’s hard to miss the obvious difference between the way drugs are used by those who are spiritually-minded and those who are not. When drugs are taken, they are taken ceremonially and with the purpose of expanding one’s consciousness or opening one’s heart. They are used as a spiritual tool and a catalyst for inner transformation.The choice of drugs also differs greatly. Ayahuasca, mescalin, psilocybin mushrooms and other “medicine plants” are preferred over drugs like alcohol and cocaine.

3) They go on vacation differently

Road trips, spiritual retreats, and festivals are the go-to forms of taking vacations for spiritually-minded people. Sitting on a cookie-cutter resort somewhere just doesn’t seem fulfilling, and lacks the sense of adventure that they are looking for. A vacation is not only a break from their regular routine, it’s a chance for them to expand their perspective. They treat a vacation as an opportunity for growth, rather than a time for self-indulgence.

4) They spend their spare time differently:

When spiritual people have time to kill at the end of the day, they may spend it reading, going for a walk, or doing a spiritual practice such as yoga or meditation. Since a lot of spiritual people are introverted, they have no problem spending a Friday night at home alone enjoying some quiet time. In fact, they may even get excited about the thought of doing that.The average American spends about 4-5 hours per day watching television. The average conscious individual watches next to zero. In fact, many don’t even have cable or even a television.Rather than turn on the television and watch garbage programming like Duck Dynasty or Toddlers and Tiaras, they will find themselves watching presentations and documentaries to expand their knowledge base. Movies are also enjoyed by spiritually-minded people, but only if they have underlying philosophical themes in them.

5) They deal with life’s dilemmas differently

Broken relationships and lost jobs are treated as opportunities, not as failures. There is no such thing as a “mistake”, there are only lessons learned. Spiritually-minded people will often go out of their way to look inside themselves for answers, instead of just attributing the outcome of the situation to chance or blaming it on someone else.For example, a time right after a relationship will be a time of deep introspection: “What did I learn about myself from all of this? How can I improve next time? Where did I come up short, and how can I work on those aspects of myself?”. The next several months will entail a lot of self-work and personal development.
Whereas, someone who is not so spiritually-minded may just blame the whole thing on their partner being a jerk or a psycho, and will bury any feelings of guilt or pain they may have and try to carry on without reflection.Life lessons are taken seriously by spiritual people. The reason spiritual people behave differently in these 5 ways is because they believe they are here for the purpose of growth and personal evolution. They understand the impermanence of life, and try to make the most out of the time they have here.We are not here to work 9-5, paybills, buy things we don’t need to make ourselves feel successful by societies standards, and then save for our old age so we can spend the last10 years of our life living how wewant to.Live each day as if you have a soul that is here to learn, grow, and play.
Re: 5 Things Spiritual People Do Differently In Life by ladyF(f): 8:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
Really?
Re: 5 Things Spiritual People Do Differently In Life by jamex93(m): 8:15pm On Aug 01, 2015
Na so d tin go
Re: 5 Things Spiritual People Do Differently In Life by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
Hi......I like your style
ladyF:
Really?
what about going on a date?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Spiritual People Do Differently In Life by philfearon(m): 8:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
ladyF:
Really?
Yes luv.
Re: 5 Things Spiritual People Do Differently In Life by Anomnity: 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2015
The spiritual people you are describing in the Op certainly aren't genuine born again christians. Sure as that.
Re: 5 Things Spiritual People Do Differently In Life by Anomnity: 9:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Hi......I like your style what about going on a date?

I checked your profile & I don't believe you are the person writing about "where the church got it wrong".The same person forming better than the church.
Re: 5 Things Spiritual People Do Differently In Life by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ooo.....its now a crime to be friendly right?
Anomnity:

I checked your profile & I don't believe you are the person writing about "where the church got it wrong".The same person forming better than the church.
Anyway, thanks for checking my profile
Re: 5 Things Spiritual People Do Differently In Life by philfearon(m): 5:55am On Aug 02, 2015
Anomnity:
The spiritual people you are describing in the Op certainly aren't genuine born again christians. Sure as that.
No.Being Spiritual has nothing to do with Religion..
Re: 5 Things Spiritual People Do Differently In Life by Obinoscopy(m): 7:10am On Aug 02, 2015
philfearon:

Yes luv.
Your source?

(1) (Reply)

SERMON JOTTERS: My Father, I Need A Miracle By Fire / Is There God / Proof That Christianity Is A Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.