Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

May Your Road Be Rough - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / May Your Road Be Rough (804 Views)

'may Your Ways Be Rough' Tai Solarin's New Year's Message / Knowledge: Your Road Map To Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

May Your Road Be Rough by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 01, 2015
You have been singing since 2005, dressing as bad as you can, hoping to blow like Wizkid..

..did you come with 2 teachers? okay.

Hey....you too...

you have been playing football since 1995, feeling as good as Drogba....hoping to blow like Messi.

..you were not informed too? okay...

Peak milk said that "it's in you", Breast Milk said that "it's for you"

...you didn't ask what they were referring to...but you continued drinking.

..continue..no problem.

If the whole world gathers to deceive you my brother....it's still better than for you to deceive yourself....look here...the secret to your success in life is in your house. Yes! that same house you have lived in, for decades..

..the key to your "blowing" is right at the corner, search for it, find it...discover your talent and stop trying to fake it....what most times, we don't understand..is that....it is those things we think won't sell, that end up selling and blowing....why? because everyone thought the same and abandoned it.

Let us look at a simple example...fried fish. Yes.....common fried fish my brother....if you love it...and you can do it....do it and see how it will blow you into success. Today...how many eateries do fried fish...the type the road side mama used to do, coated in flour mix? it used to be our delight...coming back from high school on a hot sunny day...until suya became affordable..then...mr biggs, tantalizers, chicken republic...chicken century..etc...

.now...it is so hard to find that kind of fried fish in the neighbourhood. The so-called fish from some fast food outlets is that big expensive one ( tilapia ), very peppered and grilled....it is like a punishment trying to eat it. Or their local competitors who grill fresh fish (cat fish)...and pepper it like mad...what impetus!!!

My dear...I would normally love a wrap of crispy fried fish, coated in flour mix and scintillate with yaji and table salt, garnished with sliced tomatoes, cabbage and onions. Supported by a handful of potato fries and ketch up. Yes o...you are welcome to offer a neatly packed take-away bowl of vitamin A Garri plus sugar, with some ice cubes....

start home delivery services and be dazzled how many converts you will have....who no like better thing?

What are we talking about... you don't even need a shop...distribute your flyer showing them the picture of what we are talking about..include a number to call for home delivery and create a network of neatly dressed and trusted okada riders who can help with the delivery....and let's meet in the next 5 years to discuss...

that was just an example.

But...let me say this:

If your road is not rough, then you are going down...a smooth road is only good for sliding....in climbing higher, what we need is a rough terrain... for friction...to be able to grip and hold firm.

May your road be rough...Godspeed.

Message to the Nigerian Youth

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: May Your Road Be Rough by graciousolo(m): 9:06pm On Aug 01, 2015
Word.
Re: May Your Road Be Rough by braine(m): 9:08pm On Aug 01, 2015
You make a lot of sense. It reminds me of the saying that "if everything is coming your way smoothly, you're on on the wrong way. This post reminds me of a woman who sells roasted potatoes near my workplace; you need to see high profile cars parked in queues just to buy potatoes by the the roadside! We just have to push.
Re: May Your Road Be Rough by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
Many people don't know what to do with capital... You get N10,000 for business and you are thinking of setting up a supermarket. You get N1,000,000 and you are thinking of setting up a petrol station. ...You are just like a hungry guy with a bowl of fried rice, trying to eat with a shovel...you will forever be hungry. Get a spoon of your size you dummy!!! and start somewhere.
...This message is from the Federal Ministry of Youth Unemployment and Job Creation {SOE-land}

1 Like 1 Share

Re: May Your Road Be Rough by koolJ1(f): 11:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
This makes a lot of sense.

Especially the fried fish part

(1) (Reply)

Pls What Is Genetics And Biotecnology All About ? / Any Intern Pharmacist In National Orthopaedic Hospital Lagos And Kano?? / How Do I Figure Out What To Do In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.