Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh (3806 Views)

EFCC Operative Stuck In Septic Tank As They Raid Alex Badeh’s Farm. Photos / Alex Badeh House In Abuja Seized By The EFCC - Pictured / Female Billionaires That Own Private Jets In Nigeria(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by mahyowah(m): 11:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
I was totally bewildered when the former Chief of Defence Staff Alex Badeh on Channels tv said Nigeria has the oldest fighter jets in the world. I couldn't believe it. With my hands on my head I wondered how possible it could be that Nigeria the No. 1 in Africa could treat a matter of security with levity. According to Badeh, our present fighter jets were last purchased in 1981. Till now, I'm still trying to believe his claim.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by ladyF(f): 11:08pm On Aug 01, 2015
I hope not
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by feldido(m): 11:15pm On Aug 01, 2015
Government and exaggerations. Are you saying we are still using planes from WW1?

Modified!
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by feran15(m): 11:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
one of the oldest? maybe. but definitely not the oldest

im also sure planes from WW1 and WW2 still exist and i know nigeria didnt have jets before then
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by Abugab(m): 11:17pm On Aug 01, 2015
With these kind of fighter jets no one needs enemies to shoot them down as they are already accidents waiting to happen already.
God save our air force personnel

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:19pm On Aug 01, 2015
mahyowah:
I was totally bewildered when the former Chief of Defence Staff Alex Badeh on Channels tv said Nigeria has the oldest fighter jets in the world. I couldn't believe it. With my hands on my head I wondered how possible it could be that Nigeria the No. 1 in Africa could treat a matter of security with levity. According to Badeh, our present fighter jets were last purchased in 1981. Till now, I'm still trying to believe his claim.
He is not wrong. Nigeria's military is nothing to write about. Old tanks, dying and rusty choppers and fighter jets yet, you expect BH to be defeated with these craps. Buhari seroiusly needs to pump more budget into the country's military within the limited time he has.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
The united states that pump billions of dollars into their military yearly aren't foolish. Its what makes their military what it is today.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by amakasul(f): 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
mahyowah:

Why didn't he fight against such trend when he was chief of defence staff? It was his failure!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by kokoA(m): 11:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
Na jets wey dem use fight Biafra war.
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by Imortal001: 11:29pm On Aug 01, 2015
This alex badeh no well oh! what happen to all the money budget to fight boko haram?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by mahyowah(m): 11:32pm On Aug 01, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

He is not wrong. Nigeria's military is nothing to write about. Old tanks, dying and rusty choppers and fighter jets yet, you expect BH to be defeated with these craps. Buhari seroiusly needs to pump more budget into the country's military within the limited time he has.
i'm fully aware that our military wares are obsolete but i never knew it was worse than I ever imagined.
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by mahyowah(m): 11:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
amakasul:

Why didn't he fight against such trend when he was chief of defence staff? It was his failure!
i thought about that too.
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by dominique(f): 11:35pm On Aug 01, 2015
It's been long since I went to the air force base in Lagos and I saw all manners of rusty aircraft there. This was before the boko Haram menace became so fierce, I expected them to have bought at least a fighter jet since then. Exactly what became of the N1 trillion budgeted for security? Those service chiefs have a lot of explaining to do.
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by dominique(f): 11:42pm On Aug 01, 2015
feran15:
one of the oldest? maybe. but definitely not the oldest

im also sure planes from WW1 and WW2 still exist and i know nigeria didnt have jets before then

Yes such planes exist in museums. No country with a serious military will be fighting with 30+ year old jets.
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by feran15(m): 11:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
dominique:

Yes such planes exist in museums. No country with a serious military will be fighting with 30+ year old jets.

i know, just tying to say we dont have the oldest
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by mahyowah(m): 11:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
feldido:
APC government and exaggerations. Are you saying we are still using planes from WW1?
what has APC's exaggerations got to do with this? it was a PDP govt that appointed Badeh and the APC govt removed him. to show that you're not current, WW1 was fought from 1914-1918 not in the 1980's so get your facts correct b4 dropping bad opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by mahyowah(m): 11:46pm On Aug 01, 2015
Abugab:
With these kind of fighter jets no one needs enemies to shoot them down as they are already accidents waiting to happen already.
God save our air force personnel
last year i'm sure you know how many military helicopter crash we had.
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by mahyowah(m): 11:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
Imortal001:
This alex badeh no well oh! what happen to all the money budget to fight boko haram?
abi o! he has some explanations to do, where did the monies go?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by feldido(m): 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
mahyowah:
what has APC's exaggerations got to do with this? it was a PDP govt that appointed Badeh and the APC govt removed him. to show that you're not current, WW1 was fought from 1914-1918 not in the 1980's so get your facts correct b4 dropping bad opinions.

Well everything's coming out at this hour. And I used WW1 cos that's where the oldest planes were used... So does that mean Nigeria bought those planes?
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by acenazt: 11:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
cheeeiii now answer me this...... HOW WONT BOKO HARAM PILLAGE AND PLUNDER WITHOUT FEAR
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by mensdept: 11:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
Where is the chap that posted the military thread a year ago, showing the "glamour" of the Armed forces? You see, all paparazzi

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by hassan85(m): 12:03am On Aug 02, 2015
Big lie o. Where is Russia, Britain, abi Even Cuba. Dts d problem with ever having a pot belly chief of staff.
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by Adeyinka12(m): 12:05am On Aug 02, 2015
Abacha /babangida regime cause it
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by abduljabbar4(m): 12:12am On Aug 02, 2015
And some people will blame PMB's 2 month old administration instead of gej

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by abduljabbar4(m): 12:12am On Aug 02, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by chronique(m): 12:19am On Aug 02, 2015
So you mean Jonathan is the reason why IBB,Abacha,Abdulsalam,OBJ and Yar'Adua didn't buy a single fighter jet for the airforce during their reigns? I like you;you are very intelligent.
abduljabbar4:
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by kenedy175(m): 12:29am On Aug 02, 2015
The so called Giant of Africa. We are lucky we haven't gone into war with any country, we would have been easily conquered
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by abduljabbar4(m): 12:54am On Aug 02, 2015
chronique:
So you mean Jonathan is the reason why IBB,Abacha,Abdulsalam,OBJ and Yar'Adua didn't buy a single fighter jet for the airforce during their reigns? I like you;you are very intelligent.
But insurgency was at its peak during gejs era. Cant you use your head?
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by Nobody: 1:01am On Aug 02, 2015
Badeh Badeh

As CDS n former airman you didn't procure new fighter jets. you had trillions as budget yet all bought was Alpha jets with dumpy warheads

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by GudluckIBB(m): 1:05am On Aug 02, 2015
feldido:
APC government and exaggerations. Are you saying we are still using planes from WW1?

Shutup ur mouth! Was Badeh appointed by Apc govt? Why can't u reason with ur head at times.must u use ur anus to reason all the time?

Get ur self some maturity and stop talking trash!
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by morbeta(m): 1:11am On Aug 02, 2015
amakasul:

You just took the word out of my mouth.
A wailer + clueless = Failure.
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by chronique(m): 1:39am On Aug 02, 2015
I should be asking you that question you're asking me but since you can't use your head,let me help you out. What weapons did the U.S frustrate Nigeria from getting,and went as far as blocking other countries from selling to us? Guns or fighter jets/hellicopter gunships? I've helped you to jump-start your brain so you can think properly. Learn to use it often so it doesn't pack up due to lack of usage.
abduljabbar4:

But insurgency was at its peak during gejs era. Cant you use your head?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... / Military Man Vs Police Woman Sleeping On Duty:What Has Gone Wrong?(photos) / How Bode Thomas Really Died Mysteriously. You Will Not Believe This..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.