Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Dstv Nigeria; Massive Rip-off - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dstv Nigeria; Massive Rip-off (1081 Views)

RIP Stephen Keshi / Photo Of Muhammad Ali With His Mother! RIP / RIP! Former NBA Superstar Michael Jordan Died In His Sleep [video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv Nigeria; Massive Rip-off by soccerupdate(m): 11:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
Football season is about to commence with Barclays Premier League starting on August 8, German Bundesliga on August 14 and Spanish Primera Division on August 21 so I have just a week left to get an alternative to DStv here in my country else I’ll have to cough up ₦13,980 for their premium package. The same package that’s offered for R699 in South Africa (equivalent to ₦10,975.36) and no option of Pay Per view for us here in Nigeria.
The CEO of MultiChoice Nigeria, John Ugbe, in an interview with Thisday explains; "At the moment, we provide our services through a model that is in use around the world that allows us to take advantage of the economies of scale and provide an aggregate service that reduces the costs for all subscribers’’
We all remember similar statement made by MTN when there was high demand for per second billing and they refuse to comply until a competitor arrives. That’s what am looking for right now. An alternative to DStv.
Our lawmakers are still fighting for juicy position within the senate and has refused to do anything about the salaries of state workers that’s still not paid till now not to talk of making plans to empower NBC to monitor and regulate the prices offered by satellite television operators

Re: Dstv Nigeria; Massive Rip-off by BRIGHTTAZ: 11:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
Yes something must be done about it or there be ........
Re: Dstv Nigeria; Massive Rip-off by buzquet(m): 12:30am On Aug 02, 2015
Try iroko tv u will knw dat God is good
Re: Dstv Nigeria; Massive Rip-off by GreenUzzy(m): 6:44am On Aug 02, 2015
My friend port to ABG, they show all the EPL matches. With just 3,000

1 Like

Re: Dstv Nigeria; Massive Rip-off by soccerupdate(m): 7:36am On Aug 02, 2015
BRIGHTTAZ:
Yes something must be done about it or there be ........

Let's hope there will be another player in town to force their hands by next season. They are into the last year of their contract with Sky tv and will need to start negotiating for another deal that will last for another 3 years
Re: Dstv Nigeria; Massive Rip-off by soccerupdate(m): 7:38am On Aug 02, 2015
GreenUzzy:
My friend port to ABG, they show all the EPL matches. With just 3,000

Pls can u tell us more about ABG?
Couldn't get much information online
Re: Dstv Nigeria; Massive Rip-off by GreenUzzy(m): 10:09am On Aug 02, 2015
soccerupdate:

Pls can u tell us more about ABG?
Couldn't get much information online
don't know much about it though! But I have a friend in abuja using it, and he told me they show all EPL matches! Will comfirm from him and get back to you dude!
Re: Dstv Nigeria; Massive Rip-off by soccerupdate(m): 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
GreenUzzy:
don't know much about it though! But I have a friend in abuja using it, and he told me they show all EPL matches! Will comfirm from him and get back to you dude!

Thanks bruv. I'll be patiently waiting for the info
Re: Dstv Nigeria; Massive Rip-off by leksgcfr(m): 5:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
Much more interested and readily appreciateful if you oblige me with the information.
Re: Dstv Nigeria; Massive Rip-off by naso2(m): 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
in Ghana , premium package is about 100 usd. my dstv don dey cooler for sometime now
Re: Dstv Nigeria; Massive Rip-off by Chigorkizz(m): 12:04am On Aug 03, 2015
ABG!!!Tell us more.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Get Interested In Football!! / Cool Cash ! Neymar’s Father To Make €62m From Neymar's Move / Chelsea Set Sights On Leicester City Midfielder Danny Drinkwater

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.