Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 (3342 Views)

My 4 Months Of Using World Best Smartphone Galaxy S8 / NTEL Begins With Free Unlimited Data For 3 Months / I Wanna Buy Sony Xperia Z3 Honest Reveiws Needed!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by NEROSKY(m): 1:52am On Aug 02, 2015
Lez get down to business!!

Before i proceed, it may interest you to note that Samsung galaxy s6 or s6 edge beats Sony hands down but no phone is perfect, even human

Let's start with CAMERA;
Sony supplier's the world heavy weight champions on phone manufacturers camera lens but they can't make good one for them, i.e IPhone and Samsung, Samsung galaxy s6 edge camera is currently the world best camera even without filters, check my IG for proof.
The video is clear and stable, is like no other, i videoed 10 minutes and it consumes around 1.3 GB, well seize doesn't really count is the crisp clarity and the detailing that matters.. My Z3 had 21 mega pixel but my Edge 16 mega pixel beats it, pixel is how far it can zoom in and still retain the quality, Sony didn't have that, theirs are just average camera,S6 aperture is very high, I'm even thinking that my front camera(5 mega pixel ) is better than back.

BUILT QUALITY AND DESIGN
This is where i left sony, tho is waterproof but is poorly built with cheap glass back, two month of use i have changed my back cover i ordered from China, fell from 1 inch and is cracked, was like WTF, who built this nonsense, i mean 100k+ is not change, the cover which is covering the charging pot n memory slot become shaky n stops lapping well.. Note, I'm a huge fan of Sony until recently, xperia Z4 is a huge disappointment, even the days of java, i have used more than 12 Sony phone, K10, W10 k710, D10, xperia U, xperia m dual, xperia Z, xperia m2 n Z3 etc
ON SAMSUNG EDGE , no much to talk, slim, beauty, pretty, sleek, class and classic, one of the if not the most beautiful phone.. It's well built, with corning gorilla glass 4, front and back,i haven't been using screen guard.

RAM MANAGEMENT & MULTI TASKING
Well, Samsung got highest cpu n gpu but Sony Z3 did awesome job on this, I'm sorry to say, Sony got lil better ram management, switching of appps, multi tasking and other, gaming is better on S6 becos of the quad HD display, higher processor, you won't notice any drop of frame on any game at all, is just awesome.
In summary, Sony have a better ram management

BATTERY
Sony won this hands down, Z3 Lasts 2 days on a full charge with normal use, but with normal use on S6 on a full charge , it can carry u the whole day , let's say from morning to evening, on average regular use you need to charge it twice or thrice daily

In conclusion, i miss SonyZ3 heavy battery and multitasking ability, i hate it's camera not bad tho, better than many aside from iPhone 6, note; i have used 5s, i hate apple operating system, so bored, stagnant and no freedom, you don't feel like you really own ur device if you're using apple iPhone, restriction is too much, well let's see what iPhone 7 brings, becos 6s will be the same with minor upgrades like usual, don't get me wrong, iPhone is pretty dependable device with smartness, great built quality.. Back to subject matters, go for anyone you can afford the both device is cool but i have mention what many reviewer wouldn't
Have any questions? Throw it at me
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by sats: 6:40am On Aug 02, 2015
NEROSKY:
Are you interested to know my verdict ..?
Keep the comments coming

another lame thread, i think opening a thread should b exclusive to people with sense
share whatever you want to share
reviews full gsmarena, techrader and phonearena
i am not commenting so as to hear your verdict
i really dont care about your verdict

15 Likes

Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by idu1(m): 7:14am On Aug 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 02, 2015
Abeg drop am
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by NEROSKY(m): 8:29am On Aug 02, 2015
sats:

another lame thread, i think opening a thread should b exclusive to people with sense

Last time i checked nobody forces anybody to comment, what makes you think ur entire generation get sense pass me

2 Likes

Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by michealekene(m): 9:09am On Aug 02, 2015
NEROSKY:
Are you interested to know my verdict ..?
Keep the comments coming

oga im about buying one of dese fones, please I need a Nigerian's review, forget gsm arena and phone arena! start talking....
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by NEROSKY(m): 9:23am On Aug 02, 2015
michealekene:

oga im about buying one of dese fones, please I need a Nigerian's review, forget gsm arena and phone arena! start talking....
Chill, will do that b4 today runs, just want to know that my time is not wasted...
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by ewizard1: 9:39am On Aug 02, 2015
But Nerosky, you don tale for NL nah... No be your hand we suppose dey fine things like this!

1 Like

Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by michealekene(m): 10:11am On Aug 02, 2015
NEROSKY:

Chill, will do that b4 today runs, just want to know that my time is not wasted...

tk ur time, all I need is performance after the end of the 3 months, I know Samsung slayed d camera nd display prolly, but being able to still hold it together after months of installed high end app, battery nd ram management, Sony wld progress.
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by Baroba(m): 11:35am On Aug 02, 2015
[quote author=sats post=36517084]

[/quote

I don't see anything lame about this thread, we are all aware of the tech blogs you mentioned, but there is something you call real life experience..
Some of these blogs are mouthpiece for tech companies and are paid to promote there products.

Some of us won't mind hearing from our own Naija person, not some paid up tech jurno yarning crap.

Nerosky roll on please, am thinking of getting this or the Note 5 when it drops, what's the battery like from your experience. Am getting mixed views regarding this..
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by Baroba(m): 11:37am On Aug 02, 2015
michealekene:

Word!
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by sats: 1:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
NEROSKY:

Last time i checked nobody forces anybody to comment, what makes you think ur entire generation get sense pass me

o ti binu, you don take am personal

Baroba:

Word!

paid (na you samsung/sony use pay the reviewers abi? hiss) or unpaid reviews tell you the pros and cons, then you make your choice, what else do you want from a review? make dem bring the phone come your house b4 you buy? hiss
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by michealekene(m): 7:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
sats:

paid (na you samsung/sony use pay the reviewers abi? hiss) or unpaid reviews tell you the pros and cons, then you make your choice, what else do you want from a review? make dem bring the phone come your house b4 you buy? hiss

alot of things affect fones here in naija... d hot weather, limited power supply etc... I v seen reviews 1 month after use, im yet to see three months based on naija conditions.
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by michealekene(m): 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
wwy nebrosky na, today has ended o....u better post with screenshots else dis thread wld due faster dan it came to life. we r waiting!!
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by NEROSKY(m): 8:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by NEROSKY(m): 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
michealekene:
wwy nebrosky na, today has ended o....u better post with screenshots else dis thread wld due faster dan it came to life. we r waiting!!
Updated
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by Baroba(m): 11:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
sats:

You are still learning... Pros and cons indeed.
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by kelvinnaira: 11:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
grin cheesy cheesy

Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by michealekene(m): 12:09am On Aug 03, 2015
NEROSKY:

Updated

nyc...but I wld still go for Sony, camera aside...I v d key to unlock the Sonys beastly camera, tho s6 wld still beat it, it won't be dat bad....battery wise, ram management, application switching.. I wld kill for dose three ppties mehn, Samsung fones lag with prolonged usage, its only recently gs5 owners r noticing it because of gs6, nd u won't feel it now, towards whn note 5 cms around s6 wkd appear slow nd cheap. but Sony z1 I v been using since day one is still sharp after 8 mnths without restoring factory settings.... whn I used gs4 I do restore factory settings every two months, else d phone wld be too slow.
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by larrytorch(m): 8:45am On Aug 03, 2015
bring it on
Re: Update:After 3 Months Of Use: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge & Sony Xperia Z3 by MajorGomwalk(m): 2:10am On May 14, 2017
Hi bro I need a panel for my Sony xperia m2 dual. Do u know how I can get 1 to buy?
NEROSKY:
Lez get down to business!!

Before i proceed, it may interest you to note that Samsung galaxy s6 or s6 edge beats Sony hands down but no phone is perfect, even human

Let's start with CAMERA;
Sony supplier's the world heavy weight champions on phone manufacturers camera lens but they can't make good one for them, i.e IPhone and Samsung, Samsung galaxy s6 edge camera is currently the world best camera even without filters, check my IG for proof.
The video is clear and stable, is like no other, i videoed 10 minutes and it consumes around 1.3 GB, well seize doesn't really count is the crisp clarity and the detailing that matters.. My Z3 had 21 mega pixel but my Edge 16 mega pixel beats it, pixel is how far it can zoom in and still retain the quality, Sony didn't have that, theirs are just average camera,S6 aperture is very high, I'm even thinking that my front camera(5 mega pixel ) is better than back.

BUILT QUALITY AND DESIGN
This is where i left sony, tho is waterproof but is poorly built with cheap glass back, two month of use i have changed my back cover i ordered from China, fell from 1 inch and is cracked, was like WTF, who built this nonsense, i mean 100k+ is not change, the cover which is covering the charging pot n memory slot become shaky n stops lapping well.. Note, I'm a huge fan of Sony until recently, xperia Z4 is a huge disappointment, even the days of java, i have used more than 12 Sony phone, K10, W10 k710, D10, xperia U, xperia m dual, xperia Z, xperia m2 n Z3 etc
ON SAMSUNG EDGE , no much to talk, slim, beauty, pretty, sleek, class and classic, one of the if not the most beautiful phone.. It's well built, with corning gorilla glass 4, front and back,i haven't been using screen guard.

RAM MANAGEMENT & MULTI TASKING
Well, Samsung got highest cpu n gpu but Sony Z3 did awesome job on this, I'm sorry to say, Sony got lil better ram management, switching of appps, multi tasking and other, gaming is better on S6 becos of the quad HD display, higher processor, you won't notice any drop of frame on any game at all, is just awesome.
In summary, Sony have a better ram management

BATTERY
Sony won this hands down, Z3 Lasts 2 days on a full charge with normal use, but with normal use on S6 on a full charge , it can carry u the whole day , let's say from morning to evening, on average regular use you need to charge it twice or thrice daily

In conclusion, i miss SonyZ3 heavy battery and multitasking ability, i hate it's camera not bad tho, better than many aside from iPhone 6, note; i have used 5s, i hate apple operating system, so bored, stagnant and no freedom, you don't feel like you really own ur device if you're using apple iPhone, restriction is too much, well let's see what iPhone 7 brings, becos 6s will be the same with minor upgrades like usual, don't get me wrong, iPhone is pretty dependable device with smartness, great built quality.. Back to subject matters, go for anyone you can afford the both device is cool but i have mention what many reviewer wouldn't
Have any questions? Throw it at me

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Never Knew I Could Do This With My Glo Sim / 9mobile Barred My Line / Need Good Samsung Phone Of #60,000 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.