Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:12 PM

Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi (3344 Views)

Halima Babangida To Be The 3rd Wife Of Auwal Lawa: Lady Shades Anti-Polygamists / Nigeria-china Roadshow Fetches $50 Billion — NNPC / Wife Of The World Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi: Punch (2) (3) (4)

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Beremx(f): 7:30am On Aug 02, 2015
IdiAmin1:
This is the reason we Africans remain monkeys in the eyes of the whites.

What's the relevance of this if not to showcase us once more as third class people.

Cheap and silly publicity from a woman whose husband I aspire to outshine sooner. undecided
God bless you! Now you get the gist!
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by jaybee3(m): 7:30am On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:
its a PUBLICITY STUNT!! Simple!

How are you this morning btw? How far with the Ofeakwu soup? wink cheesy

It's a positive publicity stunt => Awareness

Simple !

I'm trying to act tough...lool

I dey oooo..... I'm going to take up the offer when i'm in town
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Tallesty1(m): 7:32am On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:
After carrying bucket of water on her head,what next?

Publicly stunt!
She will go inside to drink her bottled water.
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by egift(m): 7:33am On Aug 02, 2015
PPAngel:
You can not touch my wealth.

I am old and new money combined and not some cheapskate Internet hustler.

So madam, why are you barking at my harmless comment that has nothing whatsoever to do with you?
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Beremx(f): 7:34am On Aug 02, 2015
jaybee3:

It's a positive publicity stunt => Awareness

Simple !

I'm trying to act tough...lool

I dey oooo..... I'm going to take up the offer when i'm in town
alright will be waiting. cool
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by ifyalways(f): 7:37am On Aug 02, 2015
Publicity stunt by Mrs Gates?

Some of us REALLY need to hide our ignorance or buy a Dictionary.
She's simply creating an awareness for their on going projecting.
Awareness = walking the talk
Publicity stunt = all talk, no action.

http://philanthropynewsdigest.org/news/gates-foundation-awards-8-million-to-improve-maternal-infant-health-in-malawi

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by jaybee3(m): 7:40am On Aug 02, 2015
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by LajaLaba: 7:48am On Aug 02, 2015
crixtex:

I ve liked her post too...
cos u are a dummy grin imagine a whole me liking that junk?Jesu Olugbala
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by LajaLaba: 7:49am On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:

Publicly stunt!
Dummy United grin

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by NobleAky(m): 7:50am On Aug 02, 2015
shachris02:

Wife of the richest man in the world, Melinda Gates, was pictured on Saturday carrying on her head a bucket of water fetched from a village in Malawi.

Net worth of the United States’ billionaire Bill Gates, according to Forbes magazine’s annual list of the world’s billionaires, stands at $76 billion.

The billionaire’s spouse, who described herself as “philanthropist, businesswoman, mother, passionate advocate for women and girls,” posted a photo of herself with a 20-litre bucket of water on her head alongside two other Malawian women, walking on a dirt road.

In another picture posted on her Instagram page, she was seen doing the dishes in a Malawian village.

Describing her experience, Gates said on her Facebook page, “During my stay in Malawi, I joined the women collecting drinking water. I carried 20 litres and it was tough. Meanwhile, Chrissy (middle) is carrying about 40 litres. Many women do this every day.”

She has been described as one of the world’s famous social activist “who is trying to serve the people in ignorance.”

In June, wife of the US billionaire met with Malawian President Peter Mutharika at Kamuzu Palace in Lilongwe. The agenda was to discuss the promotion of safe motherhood and maternal health in the country.

Source
when will her husband Bili-Gate push barrow?
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by LajaLaba: 7:52am On Aug 02, 2015
PPAngel:
One swipe of her platinum black card will see that this village gets descent portable water supply.

What has carrying water on her head do to solve the problem?
Dummy United
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by LajaLaba: 7:54am On Aug 02, 2015
ifyalways:

http://philanthropynewsdigest.org/news/gates-foundation-awards-8-million-to-improve-maternal-infant-health-in-malawi

U need to know that most guys here are good for nothing!
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by LajaLaba: 7:57am On Aug 02, 2015
NobleAky:
Illiterate grin
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Gboliwe: 8:05am On Aug 02, 2015
Chrissie looks so much like a typical African woman living in the village. angry she adapted really fast. grin unlike Madam Gates who still went to the stream tushed up in sunglasses and tuck in. grin Chrissie isn't even smiling. She means business grin grin
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by LajaLaba: 8:05am On Aug 02, 2015
IdiAmin1:

What's the relevance of this if not to showcase us once more as third class people.

Cheap and silly publicity from a woman whose husband I aspire to outshine sooner. undecided
Oversabi mofo grin rubbish post!na for only mouth dem sabi wack!jester even wan outshine Bill Gate kikikikikiki
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by NobleAky(m): 8:08am On Aug 02, 2015
LajaLaba:
Illiterate grin
Illicit
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by iamrealdeji(m): 8:10am On Aug 02, 2015
PPAngel:
One swipe of her platinum black card will see that this village gets descent portable water supply.

What has carrying water on her head do to solve the problem?
do you know what she has done for them afterwards? Or you think she'd sink borehole immediately she saw them carrying water? If you can't do it,why condemning those that can?

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Gboliwe: 8:12am On Aug 02, 2015
ifyalways:

With time you will learn to stop pouring water on a rock. I gave up a long time ago. cool
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by change49ja: 8:21am On Aug 02, 2015
ifyalways:

God bless you
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by 400billionman: 9:41am On Aug 02, 2015
How does this reduce the pump price of diesel?
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by 400billionman: 9:43am On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:

Publicly stunt!

Hating is now a profession

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by majamajic(m): 10:00am On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:

Publicly stunt!

stunt as in ? She is just creating awareness of what u African ladies passes through daily. She will still fund it
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Change2015(m): 10:49am On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:
seems you're not getting my gist. Does she have to carry water on her head to create awareness? I am not against her many projects in Malawi to provide clean water.
I bet you if it was Aisha Buhari that did this, I know what TANoids will be saying now.

Just let it slide biko!

Would you have paid any attention to the plight of the women there if her famous face was not used to publicise the issue? And even if they can provide the cash for the project, why should they not make people understand the basic services governments should provide for their own people? Only in Nigeria, the Gates foundation has provided billions of dollars to help in malaria, polio and hiv control. Sneering at her bringing awareness to this issue is cheap!
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Nuzo1(m): 11:00am On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:
its a PUBLICITY STUNT!! Simple!
How are you this morning btw? How far with the Ofeakwu soup? wink cheesy
IdiAmin1:

Its dangerous to be poor financially. It is even more dangerous and very destructive to be poor in spirit. But to be both is death.

I say this because without either of these or both; it will be hard to understand your fellow human being and thereby you may not be touched or understand how to help.

Aside from the spiritual unplift, awareness and sense of belonging such interaction (or publicity stunt as some would call it) gives to the villagers; it goes along way in allowing the philanthropist understand the causes, difficulties and eventually how best to help solve the problem.

Due to how privilege some of us are from childhood, be it in health, money, shelter, job or food; we may never learn to share or give to the less privilege if we don't willingly or unwillingly walk in their shoes...even if we have the heart of Jesus.

A typical example is KANU Nwankwo who was compelled to dedicate his time and money to helping African kids with heart disease after undergoing a crucial heart surgery. Trust me, the KANU that we knew before the heart problem would have been the last person to open a foundation for the sick if he hadn't been in their shoes. Yet we know KANU as a very kind person before his surgery.

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Nuzo1(m): 11:30am On Aug 02, 2015
NobleAky:

Philanthropy is compelled by choice, not by force.

Bill seem not to be more interested in how healthy and able bodied human beings use barrow to move goods, not stopping them from pushing barrow.

He's more interested in making sure that most Africans turn out to be able bodied by eradicating polio, HIV, malaria and leprosy. When he achieves these and and afterwards you decide to push barrow for a living....its your own cup of tea.

Besides, is there anything wrong with pushing barrow for a living?
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by yazz09(m): 11:58am On Aug 02, 2015
Nigerians have lost all sense of affection that God put in man. Do you all think that giving them money is going to make them happier than coming down and experiencing there pains.

It's not any form of stunt or showoff as you may think, but she is using the act to win there hearts as their foundation works to resolve the issue.

I just wonder wen our youths will stop dreaming and start working towards making humanity and interpersonal development.

Every act of humbleness is seen as showoff, we prefer to hail people that can never stoop low to know experience the plight of the poor. To me she has made a great impact in that society and that's why the Gates will never be poor because they help the poor end their suffering.
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by NobleAky(m): 1:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nuzo1:

Philanthropy is compelled by choice, not by force.

Bill seem not to be more interested in how healthy and able bodied human beings use barrow to move goods, not stopping them from pushing barrow.

He's more interested in making sure that most Africans turn out to be able bodied by eradicating polio, HIV, malaria and leprosy. When he achieves these and and afterwards you decide to push barrow for a living....its your own cup of tea.

Besides, is there anything wrong with pushing barrow for a living?
are u bill gates spokesman or in anyway related to his media aid?
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Nuzo1(m): 1:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
NobleAky:
are u bill gates spokesman or in anyway related to his media aid?

How I wish.

Anyway, I'm just trying to analize issues the way they are. If Bill has any other motive, of which some philanthropists do....its his own business.
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by keemness(m): 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:

Publicly stunt!

Stunt ke!!! Babe its called awareness na...Just the way Aisha buhari fried akara prior to d election...lol
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
LajaLaba:
cos u are a dummy grin imagine a whole me liking that junk?Jesu Olugbala
Bro hahaha... d liking can gv her sense

Armsgate: We Will Recover To The Last Kobo, EFCC Chairman Vows / See The Tweet That Attracted Swift Reaction Of The NIMC Mgt And The Hon. Min / FG's Fendi(Photo shop) propaganda against Kanu failed woefully