Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,946 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

The Future Of High Tech Tithe & Offering In The Nigerian Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Future Of High Tech Tithe & Offering In The Nigerian Church (777 Views)

Man Caught Stealing Money From Church's Offering In Ghana (video) / Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members / Church That Uses Calabash With Red Pieces To Collect Offering In Nigeria (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Future Of High Tech Tithe & Offering In The Nigerian Church by MissTechy(f): 7:03am On Aug 02, 2015
Article Source:www.misstechy. com

I came across an article where the writer was talking about the rise of ATMs in the American church and I wanted to bring it home.

The Nigerian church has gradually embraced technology in an attempt to stay relevant to the growing population of tech-savvy people. For example, in most churches, the hymn books, and local drums have been replaced with high-tech audio and visual systems, people now access their bibles via their smartphones or IPads. However, if there is one thing that has been slow to adapt, is the way tithes and offerings are being collected.

For those who don’t know, some churches have adopted the e-banking system where an online platform is created (usually integrated into the church website) that allows anyone pay their tithe and offering anywhere. I asked a devout Christian how he feels using this as a means of transacting with God, this is what he had to say “Tithe should be done in the church because it creates a personal connection between an individual, the Church and God instead of the bank.”

In order to counter his argument, in line with the way Technology is changing things and after checking out what approach the developed countries are using in their churches, I have arrived at the following conclusions:

I see a Nigerian church where Payment kiosk would be the norm and a mode of paying tithes and offerings, for those who don’t know what payment kiosks are, they are KIOSKs that provides automated bill payment, money transfer, and electronic payment (more like an advanced ATM). So people can use their debit/credit cards to pay tithes or offerings in the Church, these payment kiosks would replace your offering basket – I call it the High Tech Tithe & offering.

See an image below:

How long do you think it would take before this system is adopted in Nigeria (I have a feeling some churches have adopted it though)

Happy Sunday!

Re: The Future Of High Tech Tithe & Offering In The Nigerian Church by INTROVERT(f): 7:05am On Aug 02, 2015
this funny
Re: The Future Of High Tech Tithe & Offering In The Nigerian Church by Jeromejnr(m): 7:07am On Aug 02, 2015
INTROVERT! This early morning. undecided
Re: The Future Of High Tech Tithe & Offering In The Nigerian Church by keandre: 7:07am On Aug 02, 2015
grin
Re: The Future Of High Tech Tithe & Offering In The Nigerian Church by yorke1: 7:13am On Aug 02, 2015
Nice ideai. The ministry must grow to the permanent site.
Re: The Future Of High Tech Tithe & Offering In The Nigerian Church by RobinHez(m): 8:30am On Aug 02, 2015
PASTOR: Praise the Lord.

CONGREGATION: Hallelujah!

PASTOR: Can we please turn our Tablet PC, iPad,
Cellphone, Kindle Bibles to 1 Cor. 13:13….!
And please switch on your Bluetooth to download the
sermon…. !

PASTOR: Let us pray committing this week into God’s
hands. Open your WhatsApp, BBM, Twitter and
Facebook and chat with your God. Come on…

PASTOR: Please have your credit and debit cards
ready as we shall now take tithes and offerings. You
can log on to the church Wi-Fi using the password
Lord321177.

[Ushers circulate mobile card swipe machines
among the worshipers]. Those who prefer to make
electronic funds transfers are directed to computers
and laptops at the rear of the church and those who
prefer to use iPads allowed to flip them open. Those
who prefer telephone banking are allowed to take out
their cellphones to transfer their contributions to the
church bank account! The holy atmosphere is truly
electric as cellphones, iPads, PCs and laptops beep
and flicker! [Announcement]

SECRETARY: This week’s cell meetings shall be held
on the various Facebook group pages where the
usual group chatting takes place. Please don’t miss
out.
Thursday’s bible teachings will be held live on
Skype at 1900hrs GMT. Please don’t miss out.
You can follow Pastor on Twitter this weekend for
counselling and prayers.
God bless you, and have a wonderful week end!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Future Of High Tech Tithe & Offering In The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
Cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Big Bang Theory Repudiated! By Dr. Shaykh Salih Sindee / Will Those Under The Age Of Accountability Be Taken In The Rapture? / Prices Of Ileya Ram At Different Markets!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.