Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,015 members, 7,799,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1215607 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Viktor1983(m): 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
bizzle2:
GTB reduces MasterCard daily spending limit to $300!!! ....WTF is going ! my own money kwa,
just attempted an online payment that got declined, called up GTB and according to the CS rep, this new CBN directive supposedly took effect from yesterday evening.
I hate to think what this implies!...

i got the same message from standard chartered Bank too

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Clone2020(m): 8:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
Pls who is selling PayPal funds?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by opeyemmmy(m): 9:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
frebor:
Na waa o, $300 daily limit on online transactions too? Wetin we no go see for all this dollar wahala.

$300 daily withdrawal limit on card transactions is a bit harsh. One should be able to decide for oneself how to utilise $50000 withdrawal per annum. angry

I don't know what Gtbank means by sourcing for FCYs to settle card transactions.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 9:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
Clone2020:

be very careful on how you request that paypal fund because there are a lot of bad eggs among them especially Tripodmode of nairaland; he has other user names but everything about him would be exposed on nairaland when EFCC is through with him.

you can try people like legalwealth, ymoduls and arbitrage; they still have fear of God in them.

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by alakara(m): 9:45pm On Aug 08, 2015
Clone2020:
I have.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Carmal90(m): 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
abbeyforex:
StanbicIBTC is still glued to #207/$1

Deducted 142,712.01 for a transaction of $689.43 at exactly 2:14pm today Saturday 8th August,2015.
What is the minimum amount for opening stanbic ibtc bank?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by lordkay10(m): 10:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
Carmal90:

Depends on the branch but opened mine with just 2k cheesy
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by opeyemmmy(m): 10:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
Carmal90:

2k Savings account.
5k Current account.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Carmal90(m): 10:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
opeyemmmy:

2k Savings account.
5k Current account.
Thanks,what of atm caard charges
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Carmal90(m): 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
lordkay10:

Depends on the branch but opened mine with just 2k cheesy
Thaanks bro..atm card charges and d time it will take to be mine
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by opeyemmmy(m): 10:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
Carmal90:
Thanks,what of atm caard charges
N1050
Your card should be available within 3-5 working days.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Carmal90(m): 10:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
opeyemmmy:

N1050

Can i withdraw that said 2k or it is fixed
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bizzle2: 11:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
finally!!
just made a large value dollar payment, apparently stanbic is yet to effect the said MasterCard spending restrictions...God Bless their soul

if you've got any high value transactions to make i suggest u do them ASAP cos sh!t just got real.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by lordkay10(m): 11:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
Carmal90:

Thaanks bro..atm card charges and d time it will take to be mine
N1050 for the card, u get it after 7 working days
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Clone2020(m): 1:01am On Aug 09, 2015
mavinc4u:

be very careful on how you request that paypal fund because there are a lot of bad eggs among them especially Tripodmode of nairaland; he has other user names but everything about him would be exposed on nairaland when EFCC is through with him.

you can try people like legalwealth, ymoduls and arbitrage; they still have fear of God in them.

Thanks dear
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Clone2020(m): 1:40am On Aug 09, 2015
alakara:

I have.

Ok I'll contact u, thanks
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tayoast(m): 6:10am On Aug 09, 2015
8th August, 2015
Access Bank
Visa Card.
N225 - $1
angry
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Youngzedd(m): 6:24am On Aug 09, 2015
This 300 USD limit daily WTF. cool
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 09, 2015
300 daily limit on online purchases will cripple international transactions and the need for cashless society.

I just did a transaction of 1455usd thru a stanbic account and it was successful.

Even naija paypal will feel the 300 limitation

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by lordkay10(m): 10:10am On Aug 09, 2015
tumababa:
300 daily limit on online purchases will cripple international transactions and the need for cashless society.

I just did a transaction of 1455usd thru a stanbic account and it was successful.

Even naija paypal will feel the 300 limitation
Bro was it through a domiciliary account?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 09, 2015
lordkay10:

Bro was it through a domiciliary account?

Thru stanbic mastercard. Naira account.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by fashrola(m): 12:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
opeyemmmy:

2k Savings account.
5k Current account.

5k for current accounts? Well mine it's a salary account and I paid 2k for the current account.... 950 was deducted for Mastercard....
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by HighwayTech: 2:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
opeyemmmy:

N1050

OGA YEMMY: I need ur help sir,
how can I go about it, I don't have a permanent National ID Card(I only have the temporary national id card given to me since last yr and banks do not accept it), don't have voters card, no driving license, no Intl passport,.....just company staff I'd card.

but I personally know some people working at the stanbic bank branch closest to me, is there anyway these people could be of help, e.g since they already have accounts over 6 months with their bank, can they stand as an identity for me like they do in some banks.

is there anyway I can go about opening the bank account?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by angelo82: 3:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
Has anyone used Naira visa card to withdraw money in Europe and how much is the exchange rate to Euro?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by TheBae: 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
I'm sure they can help. I opened mine with a temporary driver's license and voter's card with a blurry picture (my face was blacked out). They used both cos I didn't have any other means of ID with me. They can compromise.
HighwayTech:

how can I go about it, I don't have a permanent National ID Card(I only have the temporary national id card given to me since last yr and banks do not accept it), don't have voters card, no driving license, no Intl passport,.....just company staff I'd card.

but I personally know some people working at the stanbic bank branch closest to me, is there anyway these people could be of help, e.g since they already have accounts over 6 months with their bank, can they stand as an identity for me like they do in some banks.

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by sluvy4tune(m): 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2015
HighwayTech:

Stanbic can do anything just to get a new account opened, my account officer came to my office just to pickup my passport photo.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Jeffy1206(m): 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
tonjeola:
how far about ur refund from stanbic, at what rate they refund u?
still waiting for the refund... Will definitely update.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
Please house, can i get this straight using the current policy of CBN. Assuming i want to receive a dollar transfer from a foreign broker to a domiciliary account to the tune of $10,000 as an inflow per month. Will it be authorized? What are the current challenges as it stand? or even way out? This is close to reality. Thanks
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by HighwayTech: 11:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
sluvy4tune:

Stanbic can do anything just to get a new account opened, my account officer came to my office just to pickup my passport photo.

thanks... will get across to one of their marketers
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by HighwayTech: 11:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
TheBae:
I'm sure they can help. I opened mine with a temporary driver's license and voter's card with a blurry picture (my face was blacked out). They used both cos I didn't have any other means of ID with me. They can compromise.

thanks so much
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by 989900: 7:19am On Aug 10, 2015
bizzle2:
GTB reduces MasterCard daily spending limit to $300!!! ....WTF is going ! my own money kwa,
just attempted an online payment that got declined, called up GTB and according to the CS rep, this new CBN directive supposedly took effect from yesterday evening.
I hate to think what this implies!...

Sh!.t just got insane!

Are these not borderline illegal?

I've sent them so many mails, right now GTB's card services email account is full; cant receive new mail.

We need to do something.

If exchange rates were any better, then I'd understand the sacrifice . . . my faith in them making that happen is dim as it is.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bigdot1759(m): 8:27am On Aug 10, 2015
Pls to all, assuming I want to withdraw $35000 from my Fx broker would dis Useless policy affect my withdrawal if it's Monthly via card?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (907) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.