Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1218607 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Youngzedd(m): 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
funken:

My general observations - Amazon is more expensive than eBay. You can get better deals for the same item on eBay.

#Fact

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by saints2(f): 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Youngzedd:
287 USD PayPal funds available @205

Visit www.topupgold.com to place your order.

Please can I get $100 by next week please?
Thanks
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bizzle2: 7:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
its not about what is shown on amazon, its about how much you get debited for.
even when you use a GTB Mastercard N208 per dollar is the applicable rate. but when you receive a debit alert, you'll be debited at N225
tried it on both platforms (GTB and Stanbic). i evn had to contact GTB CS about it.
Mariesio:

It's 208 if you checked out in Naira. I chose Naira Bc it displayed #208/$. This was on Amazon, another platform may be #212/$ as payment on Aliexpress same day was 212

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Youngzedd(m): 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
saints2:

Please can I get $100 by next week please?
Thanks

When you're ready you contact us through the website.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Chromedome(m): 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
Youngzedd:
287 USD PayPal funds available @205

Visit www.topupgold.com to place your order.

Can I get funded on my naija PayPal through your portal? Thank you.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by nnamokenna(m): 8:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
GTB has reversed the 199 naira and refunded at the 225.56 naira I was initially charged for the transaction.

What I guess this means is that our banks are truly robbing us customers blind. Otherwise, why is it that when you complain, and copy CBN, they would effect a reversal quickly. With all the excuses they gave for the discrepancy, they still reversed it. Because they are afraid CBN would sanction them.

If that is the case, then I think the fault in the system lies squarely with the CBN. They are just not doing their job. Otherwise, our banks would not be ripping us off as they are doing presently. I still think it behoves us the customers to do something to stop these banks from ripping us off. Tomorrow they'll declare billions of naira as profit. Ill-gotten income. Income from ripping off customers. Nonsense!

5 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Carmal90(m): 8:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
nnamokenna:
GTB has reversed the 199 naira and refunded at the 225.56 naira I was initially charged for the transaction.

What I guess this means is that our banks are truly robbing us customers blind. Otherwise, why is it that when you complain, and copy CBN, they would effect a reversal quickly. With all the excuses they gave for the discrepancy, they still reversed it. Because they are afraid CBN would sanction them.

If that is the case, then I think the fault in the system lies squarely with the CBN. They are just not doing their job. Otherwise, our banks would not be ripping us off as they are doing presently. I still think it behoves us the customers to do something to stop these banks from ripping us off. Tomorrow they'll declare billions of naira as profit. Ill-gotten income. Income from ripping off customers. Nonsense!
Pls the gtbank add you copied to and the cbn add pls

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by nnamokenna(m): 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
Carmal90:

Pls the gtbank add you copied to and the cbn add pls

GTB: cardsupport@gtbank.com and cardservices@gtbank.com
CBN: cpd@cbn.gov.ng

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Carmal90(m): 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
nnamokenna:

GTB: cardsupport@gtbank.com and cardservices@gtbank.com
CBN: cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Bravo.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
GTBank is yet to fully deduct the excess funds they credited to my account, I don mail them tire and they still maintain that it has been regularized. undecided
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by jerrygome: 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
dragnet:
GTBank is yet to fully deduct the excess funds they credited to my account, I don mail them tire and they still maintain that it has been regularized. undecided

Enjoy na. No be your fault grin

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
jerrygome:

Enjoy na. No be your fault grin
e no easy like that o smiley
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by jerrygome: 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
dragnet:

e no easy like that o smiley

You are now protected by the mail you sent plus your post on Nairaland wink

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tonjeola(m): 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
oh so sorry, we learn everyday
tumababa:

damn!!!!!! i just checked. ₦208.5 and i bought items over 800usd just yesterday. cry cry cry
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 10:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
jerrygome:

You are now protected by the mail you sent plus your post on Nairaland wink
shocked grin
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by softtouch2(m): 11:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
tumababa:

Hmmm are you very sure? Who else tried that?

Yes, He was right. I bought some items on amazon last week friday (21st August) i was charged ₦ 208 to a $ by amazon.... same thing on Monday (24th August)
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Jeffy1206(m): 9:03am On Aug 28, 2015
dragnet:
I bet you when you use the money that's when they will realize and minus your account angry

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 28, 2015
softtouch2:

Yes, He was right. I bought some items on amazon last week friday (21st August) i was charged ₦ 208 to a $ by amazon.... same thing on Monday (24th August)

Good. Which bank card?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 28, 2015
GTB @ 28/8/2015
CHARGED 225/$

By the way , what are two BEST alternative banks for online bussinesses apart from GTB. ANYONE?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by onatisi(m): 11:01am On Aug 28, 2015
4bobo:
GTB @ 28/8/2015
CHARGED 225/$

By the way , what are two BEST alternative banks for online bussinesses apart from GTB. ANYONE?
whichever one you choose pls never go near uba. If others are charging 225 believe uba will be charging 250. Their own na super black market rate Dem dey use

5 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by valjoy(f): 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hello Fellow Nairalander. Good afternoon, I am new to this online business, however I have a GTBank account my questions are:

1. Is it a must I go to a GTBank to activate my Mastercard and pay for a token? Because no GTBank branch in my LGA (I'm in Eket, Akwa Ibom State, opened the account when I was still living in Lagos). Can't I activate it online without visiting their branch ( visiting their branch means travelling to Uyo).

2. Can the Mastercard be used for online payments without activating it with the bank?

3. Do you advise I open another account say Stabic IBTC cos I see here that their charge is low compared to GTB

Thanks all.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by einsteino(m): 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
valjoy:
Hello Fellow Nairalander. Good afternoon, I am new to this online business, however I have a GTBank account my questions are:

1. Is it a must I go to a GTBank to activate my Mastercard and pay for a token? Because no GTBank branch in my LGA (I'm in Eket, Akwa Ibom State, opened the account when I was still living in Lagos). Can't I activate it online without visiting their branch ( visiting their branch means travelling to Uyo).

2. Can the Mastercard be used for online payments without activating it with the bank?

3. Do you advise I open another account say Stabic IBTC cos I see here that their charge is low compared to GTB

Thanks all.

you need a mastercard/visa card for online transactions and you need it activated, though for banks like gtb, once you have activated it for withdrawal on atm it would be good to go for online. On the issue of token, you don't need one for purchasing stuffs online, you only need it for transferring money via internet banking

i would suggest you get a stanbic account, i have a gtb, uba, diamond,sterling, fidelity and stanbic acct. but i only use stanbic for online transactions cos it is the cheapest.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by alakara(m): 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
alakara:
Due to popular demand, the thread is created to
monitor the forex rates of the following
currencies:
USD =US Dollars $;
CNY =Chinese Yuan ¥;
AED =UAE Dirham D;
GBP= Pound £
Euro €.
The format below should be used:
Bank : Currency : Rate : Date : Nairalander

STANBICIBTC: USD: #212 AUG 26: leyemoshood
STERLING : USD : #220 : AUG 12 : wahwah
DIAMOND : USD : #220 : AUG 24 : besto
ZENITH : USD : #221.5: AUG 18 : naital
ACCESS : USD: #225 :AUG 27 : ajbabs
GTB : USD : #225 : AUG 28 : 4bobo
FCMB: USD: #227 AUG 4 : stPete
FIDELITY: USD: #228 : AUG 17 : tayoast
FIRST BANK : USD : #230 : AUG 18 : legalwealth
UBA: USD : #234.1 : AUG 11 : opeyemi5
UNION: USD: #236.88: AUG 16: DIZZYBIZZY

STANBICIBTC: ¥ :#34.6: AUG 3: KODILICh
STANBICIBTC : £: #244.61 : AUG 19 : opeyemmmy
STANBIC : € : #244.61 : AUG 19 : opeyemmmy.
GTB: € : #252 : AUG 28 : sirkezman

Thanks as you update this thread.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Konnektions146(m): 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
valjoy:

Thanks all.

You just have to visit uyo- 73 Abak Road .

once you activate online, you can continue to use online but if you want to pay for cvertain things online in nigeria, you maybe asked for OTP(One time password) which is your token generated code.

good luck
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by softtouch2(m): 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
tumababa:

Good. Which bank card?

GTBank
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by valjoy(f): 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
einsteino:

you need a mastercard/visa card for online transactions and you need it activated, though for banks like gtb, once you have activated it for withdrawal on atm it would be good to go for online. On the issue of token, you don't need one for purchasing stuffs online, you only need it for transferring money via internet banking
i would suggest you get a stanbic account, i have a gtb, uba, diamond,sterling, fidelity and stanbic acct. but i only use stanbic for online transactions cos it is the cheapest.
Thanks so much for your kind response. I have been using my GTB Mastercard for a long time now with ATM. So automatically I'm good to go right? It's activated already for online payments on foreign sites if I get you right and no need visiting the bank? (#so happy I'm nt going to uyo#).
I will go check if Stabic is here in Eket, so I can open a savings acct with them. Do they issue Mastercard also?
Thanks once again.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by valjoy(f): 7:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
Konnektions146:

You just have to visit uyo- 73 Abak Road .
once you activate online, you can continue to use online but if you want to pay for cvertain things online in nigeria, you maybe asked for OTP(One time password) which is your token generated code.
good luck
Thanks Bro. I really appreciate. I guess you are in Uyo can I call or mail you to ask some questions if you don't mind please?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Konnektions146(m): 8:33pm On Aug 28, 2015
valjoy:

Thanks Bro. I really appreciate. I guess you are in Uyo can I call or mail you to ask some questions if you don't mind please?

sure ,

check my signature below
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
Jeffy1206:
I bet you when you use the money that's when they will realize and minus your account angry
I made a payment today, they pulled off their cash a while after that... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Leyemoshood: 12:10am On Aug 29, 2015
Stanbic Ibtc 212naira/$
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by yemi2plus(m): 12:16am On Aug 29, 2015
Anyone with an idea of the current exchange rate on FirstBank Visa PrePaid card?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by einsteino(m): 2:48am On Aug 29, 2015
valjoy:

Thanks so much for your kind response. I have been using my GTB Mastercard for a long time now with ATM. So automatically I'm good to go right? It's activated already for online payments on foreign sites if I get you right and no need visiting the bank? (#so happy I'm nt going to uyo#).
I will go check if Stabic is here in Eket, so I can open a savings acct with them. Do they issue Mastercard also?
Thanks once again.

If my memory serves me right, that was all i did. The only thing is some sites would demand a mastercard securecode but that can be done online.

Yh stanbic issues mastercard, if you want to minimise the number of times you visit their banking hall while setting up your card for online banking, try completing all the procedures in two visits. Stanbic is quite bureacratic, so if u unaware of what docs need to be filled you may have to go there 4 times or more

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (907) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.