Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1218500 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Zface(m): 7:35am On Aug 31, 2015
Is paypal still available?
Youngzedd:
700 USD PayPal funds available @205

Order @ www.topupgold.com
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Youngzedd(m): 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
Zface:
Is paypal still available?

No.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Leyemoshood: 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2015
Stanbic IBTC as at 31/08/2015 2:50pm is 212naira/$

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by herrlekan(m): 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
4bobo:
Then what is really wrong with my own. It will never go thru unless i transfer some money to my current account, or better still have enough funds to do the transactions from CA. This is what has been happening for years and i thought it was norm. Infact when i started using the card and i found difficulty in using MC , it was somebody here (NL) that suggested it and since then i thoght it is normal for gtb. I will have to try it from my next transaction, if i will sha because iam looking for alternative bank to work with grin. Thanks.

When you have multiple accounts with gtb that is current and savings accounts both are linked to the same MasterCard debit card(ATM card). One of the account is the default account for online transactions in your own case it is the current account. What you need to do is just go to any of their branches and tell the CSR that you want to change your default account to savings . That's all you need to do.

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 11:09am On Sep 01, 2015
herrlekan:

When you have multiple accounts with gtb that is current and savings accounts both are linked to the same MasterCard debit card(ATM card). One of the account is the default account for online transactions in your own case it is the current account. What you need to do is just go to any of their branches and tell the CSR that you want to change your default account to savings . That's all you need to do.

guy, is not true. Gtb naira master card is always linked to savings account by default unless the customer requested otherwise. he probabaly requested that his card be linked to his current account or it happened by error.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by gabrola: 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
mavinc4u:

guy, is not true. Gtb naira master card is always linked to savings account by default unless the customer requested otherwise. he probabaly requested that his card be linked to his current account or it happened by error.
re-read his comment dear
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by 989900: 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
mavinc4u:

Mine is linked to my current acc.

Probably because I opened the current account first, then much later the savings acc.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by pretts(f): 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2015
Gtb Naira MasterCard isn't linked to savings account by default. If you have both a current and a savings account with GTBank linked to a single card, it is automatically linked to your current account. At least, that is what I was told a couple of years ago when I complained at the bank, about not being able to do a POS transaction from my savings account
mavinc4u:

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by pretts(f): 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
I opened my savings account first, and mine's still linked to my current account. Apparently, POS transactions are defaulted to the current account if you have one on the same card.
989900:

Mine is linked to my current acc.

Probably because I opened the current account first, then much later the savings acc.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bukahands(m): 12:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
mine was initially linked to my current account, but my new ATM is now linked to my savings cos i requested for it to be linked that way
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bukahands(m): 12:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
Youngzedd:
Who used western union this week?

What's the rate for First Bank plus charges.

Did u finally find out the cost of western union ?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Shinner2010(m): 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
I need PayPal $65... for eBay payment, or anybody that can pay wt stanbic card for me
if u get contact 08072151186
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Youngzedd(m): 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2015
bukahands:

Did u finally find out the cost of western union ?

Time to go to bank is the problem. I will try today.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tayoast(m): 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2015
Access Bank charged N225 to a dollar just now cry embarassed
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by herrlekan(m): 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2015
pretts:
I opened my savings account first, and mine's still linked to my current account. Apparently, POS transactions are defaulted to the current account if you have one on the same card.

I also opened my savings account first, then opened the current account later. Initially the savings account was the default account but it was changed to current account immediately after opening the current account. And the reason(s) is not far fetched because the bank charges COT on current account. I just told them that I want my savings account to be the default account and it was done.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Dieumerci(m): 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2015
Pls who knows the stanbic rate for pounds?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Shinner2010(m): 8:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
Shinner2010:
I need PayPal $65... for eBay payment, or anybody that can pay wt stanbic card for me
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by alakara(m): 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
[quote author=Shinner2010 post=37571563][/quote] Contact me.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by gowaga68: 10:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
Can anyone help with Transferring of funds ($1000) to a foreign account through Stanbic IBTC? And any idea for Western Union rate?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Zface(m): 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
alakara:
Contact me.
D num at ur signature is nt on whatsapp
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Zface(m): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
alakara:
Contact me.
D num at ur signature is nt on whatsapp
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 11:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
gabrola:
re-read his comment dear

I read his comment very well dear. He said both accounts are linked to one card by default which is not true.
pretts:
Gtb Naira MasterCard isn't linked to savings account by default. If you have both a current and a savings account with GTBank linked to a single card, it is automatically linked to your current account. At least, that is what I was told a couple of years ago when I complained at the bank, about not being able to do a POS transaction from my savings account

I have the 2 accounts with them and they were opened the same day. Is not everyone that works in a bank that understands the system. Is always linked to savings as a means of withdrawing money from your account since current has cheque as a means of withdrawing from current. If yours was linked to current when you have savings then it happened out of error.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tonjeola(m): 12:54am On Sep 02, 2015
u can contact me, whatsapp 07013665980
Shinner2010:
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by unmask: 3:39am On Sep 02, 2015
gowaga68:
Can anyone help with Transferring of funds ($1000) to a foreign account through Stanbic IBTC? And any idea for Western Union rate?
transfer fee is 16k minus vat mg is 14k minus vat
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by unmask: 3:43am On Sep 02, 2015
I have been raped financially by gtb all these months.

I purchase most of my stuffs on Amazon, and they have an option to check out in naira which I have always been using, with the belief that gtb will remove same amount from my account.

I got a debit alert today and I noticed the maths didn't seem right. I made my calculations and to my dismay I realized gtb had charged me 226 to a dollar whereas on the amazon checkout page it was 208. Going back a few months I found out that's the way it has been.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by 989900: 7:08am On Sep 02, 2015
unmask:

I purchase most of my stuffs on Amazon, and they have an option to check out in naira which I have always been using, with the belief that gtb will remove same amount from my account.

I got a debit alert today and I noticed the maths didn't seem right. I made my calculations and to my dismay I realized gtb had charged me 226 to a dollar whereas on the amazon checkout page it was 208. Going back a few months I found out that's the way it has been.

Welcome to the club . . .

--Guatanteed Thieving B@star.d$ (GTB).
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by 989900: 7:11am On Sep 02, 2015
Something needs to be done about banks like GTB, FBN, and co.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 02, 2015
unmask:

in stanbic, i was charged d amazon naira rate of 208.5 instead of the banks 212. so slug it out with gtb. cry to cbn
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by alakara(m): 8:44am On Sep 02, 2015
Rates as update at 8:45pm on SEPT 2 2015.
alakara:
Due to popular demand, the thread is created to monitor the forex rates of the following currencies: USD =US Dollars $; CNY =Chinese Yuan ¥; AED =UAE Dirham D; GBP= Pound £ Euro €. The format below should be used: Bank : Currency : Rate : Date : Nairalander

STANBICIBTC: USD: #212 AUG 31: leyemoshood STERLING : USD : #220 : AUG 12 : wahwah DIAMOND : USD : #220 : AUG 24 : besto
ACCESS : USD: #225 : SEPT 9 : tayoast GTB : USD : #227 : SEPT 1 : iyb FCMB: USD: #227 AUG 4 : stPete ZENITH : USD : #228:AUG 28 : inihood FIDELITY: USD: #228 : AUG 17 : tayoast FIRST BANK : USD : #230 : AUG 18 : legalwealth UBA: USD : #234.1 : AUG 11 : opeyemi5 UNION: USD: #236.88: AUG 16: DIZZYBIZZY

STANBICIBTC: ¥ :#34.6: AUG 3: KODILICh STANBICIBTC : £: #244.61 : AUG 19 : opeyemmmy STANBIC : € : #244.61 : AUG 19 : opeyemmmy. GTB: € : #252 : AUG 28 : sirkezman
Thanks as you update this thread.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by abbeyforex(m): 1:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
Kudos to Stanbic Bank and her management team! I was charged at #212/$ last week but the shipper could not ship my items due to some reasons and the transaction was cancelled.I got alert just now 2nd Sept,2015 1:12pm that the money had been refunded into my account. I checked the refund rate but Lo and behold,it was refunded at same #212/$.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by codesport(m): 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2015
Please anyone in the house to help me out.......I have been having issue making payment for my $280 worth transaction.....The response has always been payment DENIED add other card.....what should I do please??
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by abbeyforex(m): 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
codesport:
Please anyone in the house to help me out.......I have been having issue making payment for my $280 worth transaction.....The response has always been payment DENIED add other card.....what should I do please??

which payment mode?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (907) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.