Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1218419 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by AleAirHub(m): 1:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
EnterPRO:

na to wait remain.

Yes oooo

the thing will just turn to unity bank shares. it will rise in future.

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by chrisooblog: 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
hi boss i think this article might interest you http://www.punchng.com/economy-floodgates-breached/ not an economy expert but from reading the piece it seems the columnist is not enamoured with the floating of the currency idea. you are one of the intelligent posters whose opinion i respect alot especially on matters of economy so i would not mind seeing your own take on the matter

989900:
Dollar trading between N245-255 right now.
Market is largely fluid right now.

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by macbeyland(m): 1:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2016
tumababa:

you were banned on business not here, you should be free to post here after 24hrs.
You can iron out the issues with the mods there.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by 989900: 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2016
chrisooblog:
hi boss i think this article might interest you http://www.punchng.com/economy-floodgates-breached/ not an economy expert but from reading the piece it seems the columnist is not enamoured with the floating of the currency idea. you are one of the intelligent posters whose opinion i respect alot especially on matters of economy so i would not mind seeing your own take on the matter

I read Mr. Henry Boyo's (he is one of my most respected economist) take. However, I guess he didn't take to cognisance the fact that this economy was already running @ the bank/BM rate of N330-370; not CBN's N199.
Secondly, he absolutely classifies this new policy as 'devaluation'; not 'dirty float'.

Thirdly, he almost totally ignored any positive influence smart and genuine fiscal policies might have, going forward.

ATEOTD, we jusy have to admit we are in some terrible situation already, with minimal window of escape -- this is the part we dig-in to stay afloat, or sink.

This CBN's policy is one of the best options we have, considering our situation. It is now up to the ministry of Finance and the FG, to complement it with smart out-of-the-box fiscal policies, implementation/enforcement.

I wrote the below article last week . . . I can't post links; else I'll be banned.

The new CBN policy to float the Naira 'sort of' a la 'dirty float', can either turn to be a good thing, or a bad thing.

In this breakdown, I'll like to omit the hue: "appointed primary dealers" . . ..

Pros:

1. The new policy will foster Forex inflow through FDIs, both portfolio (some rules need to be set for those as regards withdrawal) and long term investors.

2. It will lead to less hoarding (which is one of the major albatross of the Naira) if managed right.

3. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if the CBN will furnish it with far better supply than it has been doing lately.

4. It will lead to an even more appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if the CBN can implement the 'Boyo' approach by implementing 'dollar certificates' in payments to governmental organs.

5. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if the dollar weakens and oil prices keep going north of $50 along with increase in national production.

6. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if the Mining/Agric/manufacturing/export sector are well funded with Forex, low interest loans, and industry growth enabling laws.

7. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if reasonable stable power supply can be sustained.

8. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if we can get our refineries working at near top capacity.

9. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if the current transparency, prudence, and accountability campaign can be sustained along with recovered Forex loots.

10. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if reasonable/sustainable foreign withdrawal limits are set on Naira ATM cards.

11. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if the population can be educated on the need to patronize Nigerian made goods and services.

12. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if ultimately, the CBN can abort its criminal ways (I still wonder why banks are allowed to keep over 20 billion dollars cash money in their vaults without enough CRR nor SLR to back it up, or do they?).

The Cons:

Just flip the 'pros' on its head, and you'll have anarchy: demise of the Naira.
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dagr8(m): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
Amazon gift card available at 310/$ grin

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Danejo02: 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by ameh99: 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2016
please what's today stanbic rate please?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by macbeyland(m): 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2016
macbeyland:
Please take a look at the link

http://thenationonlineng.net/n350dollar-interbank-exchange-likely-today/

Wow! Are we not allowed to post links? This link is just a news article on the dollar by the Nation Online
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Stanley08(m): 2:52pm On Jun 20, 2016
ameh99:
please what's today stanbic rate please?

It's almost 3pm and Stanbic still hasn't set a rate for today. This is either a very good sign or a very bad sign.

Good -> Rate might be relatively lower.
Bad -> They might discontinue transactions on their cards.

Fingers crossed smiley

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by chrisooblog: 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
yes i also came to the conclusion you came to in your first paragraph that what he was warning would happen has already occurred over the course of these past few months.

what do you say about these pesky 41 banned items importers won't they still keep the black market afloat?

989900:

I read Mr. Henry Boyo's (he is one of my most respected economist) take. However, I guess he didn't take to cognisance the fact that this economy was already running @ the bank/BM rate of N330-370; not CBN's N199.
Secondly, he absolutely classifies this new policy as 'devaluation'; not 'dirty float'.

Thirdly, he almost totally ignored any positive influence smart and genuine fiscal policies might have, going forward.

ATEOTD, we jusy have to admit we are in some terrible situation already, with minimal window of escape -- this is the part we dig-in to stay afloat, or sink.

This CBN's policy is one of the best options we have, considering our situation. It is now up to the ministry of Finance and the FG, to complement it with smart out-of-the-box fiscal policies, implementation/enforcement.

I wrote the below article last week . . . I can't post links; else I'll be banned.

shocked
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by 989900: 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
chrisooblog:
yes i also came to the conclusion you came to in your first paragraph that what he was warning would happen has already occurred over the course of these past few months.

what do you say about these pesky 41 banned items importers won't they still keep the black market afloat?

There are a few transactions that will keep the BM afloat, though without the insane margin . . . about those 41 items, I envisage local production reducing the need for imports of them as we proceed.

OTOH, I think the better way to discourage imports of those things and reduce their demands and their Forex consumption would be, EXCESSIVELY hiking import duties on those items . . . it will ultimately increase their prices, thereby reducing their demand, and by extension supply/imports.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by TCD: 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
dgr8truth:
Please start selling your dollars!
yes o. start selling your dollars . those interested in selling Im ready to buy. payoneer to payoneer only please. check my signature for my number. please all those 310 to 1$ people stay away from me pls.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dgr8truth(m): 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
Danejo02:

please which software is that? how do i get it? it looks nice to have at this very moment

I got the rate from @Afr_Research follow them on twitter, they can tell you the platform.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dgr8truth(m): 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2016
TCD:
yes o. start selling your dollars . those interested in selling Im ready to buy. payoneer to payoneer only please. check my signature for my number. please all those 310 to 1$ people stay away from me pls.

Bros CBN don give mouth. grin
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by TCD: 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2016
dgr8truth:

Bros CBN don give mouth. grin
lolz , when I was begging for 290 to 1$ last week dem dey do me shakara.... now bushmeat don catch hunter grin

If bank is selling at 252 per dollar that means if you want to withdraw your $$ from the bank they would probably buy it from you at 230 per dollar to later resell at that 252 for profit. soon i will be buying dollar here on nairaland for 235 cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 20, 2016
blym4real:
$280 payoneer fund available at 295
contact 08101525574

Hello I just spoke to you!
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 4:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
TCD:
lolz , when I was begging for 290 to 1$ last week dem dey do me shakara.... now bushmeat don catch hunter grin

If bank is selling at 252 per dollar that means if you want to withdraw your $$ from the bank they would probably buy it from you at 230 per dollar to later resell at that 252 for profit. soon i will be buying dollar here on nairaland for 235 cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed
dreaming is free cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by EnterPRO: 4:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
Stanley08:

It's almost 3pm and Stanbic still hasn't set a rate for today. This is either a very good sign or a very bad sign.

Good -> Rate might be relatively lower.
Bad -> They might discontinue transactions on their cards.

Fingers crossed smiley

they haven't set rates as in transactions today haven't been settled or they haven't announced via twitter?

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bobo65(m): 5:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
Fear this aboki Ppl o

Them dey hear news well

I bought dollar for 340 around past 9am today

This evening wanted to get again, the guy said it's now 345

I hope it reduces tomorrow
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bobo65(m): 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
TCD:

If u c 310 cash dollar, abeg push the person come my side
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by 247man: 5:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
Amazon dcc now ₦296 per $

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bozz007(m): 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2016
Dollar just closed at 285 to N1 for the day.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mariesio: 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
bozz007:

Which bank
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Lordtrillion(m): 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2016
$250 Amazon Gift card available at #280/$. My contact is in my signature
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Stanley08(m): 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
EnterPRO:

they haven't set rates as in transactions today haven't been settled or they haven't announced via twitter?

They are still using Friday's rate i guess... They were never advised rates for today.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Stanley08(m): 8:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
bozz007:

Lol. $285 to N1. Yes. That's great! Now i can buy a private jet smiley
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Adinije(f): 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
TCD:

Lol, wake up from your slumber.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by kingsilly(m): 9:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
Adinije:
Lol, wake up from your slumber.

Just because you bought above the said price, everything seem jokingly to you, it's for the good of the nation if it falls, but typical NIGERIAN look for only his/herself

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by onatisi(m): 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2016
kingsilly:

Just because you bought above the said price, everything seem jokingly to you, it's for the good of the nation if it falls, but typical NIGERIAN look for only his/herself

Good luck
very soon your eyes will clear and you will understand better.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by EnterPRO: 10:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
freshcvvs:

Lie small na
GTB is #338. Did a transaction this night.
N2 cheaper ... hmmmn.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by lizmovic(m): 2:50am On Jun 21, 2016
Anazon e-gift cards for sale @$300. $1000 available. Email aademola50@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (907) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.