Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1218661 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by francizy(m): 8:23am On Nov 28, 2015
Mariesio:

Visa but the account and balance differs. Call their CC

Imagine! The CC don't even know all these.. I mean, why do banks do this? The keep one in the dark, hoping for one to carryout transactions and boom, they pounce on the person and finish off the person's money.. This is organized/corporate fraud men!

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 8:57am On Nov 28, 2015
Mariesio:

#215.46/$. But you can only pay $100 per day

lol, where did you get the information that you can only pay $100, lower than the CBN instruction of $300 on ATM. are they drunk or something?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Zface(m): 9:05am On Nov 28, 2015
pls help on how to reinstate my paypal account. My paypal was restricted because i login to my account with a vpn ip. I was asked to upload photo id which includes passport, driver's license, national id. I only have voter's card and passport which i've uploaded. Will they restore my account with that or i'll still have to call their customer care.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 9:07am On Nov 28, 2015
tumababa:

I checked out in naira but i was charged ₦220

you used the greedy bank's card; stanbic.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 9:09am On Nov 28, 2015
Zface:
pls help on how to reinstate my paypal account. My paypal was restricted because i login to my account with a vpn ip. I was asked to upload photo id which includes passport, driver's license, national id. I only have voter's card and passport which i've uploaded. Will they restore my account with that or i'll still have to call their customer care.

lol, how can they asked you to upload all the three together; is either one of the three just to confirm your identity.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Zface(m): 9:16am On Nov 28, 2015
mavinc4u:

lol, how can they asked you to upload all the three together; is either one of the three just to confirm your identity.
Thanks bro. Like how many days will it take them to rectify it cus i need to may an ebay payment lastest tomorrow morning.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 28, 2015
mavinc4u:

you used the greedy bank's card; stanbic.

No. Gtb
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 9:31am On Nov 28, 2015
tumababa:

No. Gtb

hmm. are you sure you checked out in naira? if yes contact them with your prove from Amazon website.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 9:34am On Nov 28, 2015
Zface:
Thanks bro. Like how many days will it take them to rectify it cus i need to may an ebay payment lastest tomorrow morning.

you don't have to wait, call them and inform them you have added your id as they requested so they can review and restore your account state.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 28, 2015
mavinc4u:

hmm. are you sure you checked out in naira? if yes contact them with your prove from Amazon website.

Hmmm. I just got gtb's logic.
Amazon charged me 50usd at 208 making ₦10400.
Gtb charged me 47.27 at 220 making ₦10400.
So bottom line is Gtb charged me the same amount amazon charged when i checked out in naira.

Smart move by gtb. They dont want to make me think they charge 208
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 10:46am On Nov 28, 2015
tumababa:

Hmmm. I just got gtb's logic.
Amazon charged me 50usd at 208 making ₦10400.
Gtb charged me 47.27 at 220 making ₦10400.
So bottom line is Gtb charged me the same amount amazon charged when i checked out in naira.

Smart move by gtb. They dont want to make me think they charge 208

okay, better than stanbic
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Zface(m): 12:26pm On Nov 28, 2015
mavinc4u:

you don't have to wait, call them and inform them you have added your id as they requested so they can review and restore your account state.
pls can u help me with the payment bro? Dnt want to pay ebay fine. I'll really appreciate if u can help.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 28, 2015
mavinc4u:

Far better. I wish ebay can also do this.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by skfa1: 1:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
What's today's exchange rate pls
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 2:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
tumababa:

Far better. I wish ebay can also do this.

they would do that once paypal adds Nigeria currency on their list. it would have been more better if it was when one can send payment via amazon
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 3:32pm On Nov 28, 2015
Zface:
pls can u help me with the payment bro? Dnt want to pay ebay fine. I'll really appreciate if u can help.

i wish i could but i have run out limits. searching for another card to use.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by ndudichukwumah(m): 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2015
mavinc4u:

How much are paying let me know if i can help
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by yemi2plus(m): 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2015
UPDATE

I sent FirstBank CC a well detailed and comprehensive mail of my all transaction in the last three weeks before the sudden disappearance of the funds in my account. I also copied CBN.

Below was the reply I got from them;

Thank you for contacting FirstContact.

We refer to your mail.

Your complaint has been forwarded to the appropriate unit for investigation.

You will be contacted upon resolution.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for your feedback and continued patronage.

Meanwhile, I linked my FirstBank MasterCard to my Nigerian PayPal account yesterday, and received the debit alert in the early hours of today. I was charged 452.41N for $1.95. It's save to say their rate for today on MasterCard is $1/236.63
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 9:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
yemi2plus:
UPDATE

I sent FirstBank CC a well detailed and comprehensive mail of my all transaction in the last three weeks before the sudden disappearance of the funds in my account. I also copied CBN.

Below was the reply I got from them;

Thank you for contacting FirstContact.

We refer to your mail.

Your complaint has been forwarded to the appropriate unit for investigation.

You will be contacted upon resolution.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for your feedback and continued patronage.

Meanwhile, I linked my FirstBank MasterCard to my Nigerian PayPal account yesterday, and received the debit alert in the early hours of today. I was charged 452.41N for $1.95. It's save to say their rate for today on MasterCard is $1/236.63

is N232. what actually transpired between you both. did you initiate a transaction before the money disappeared?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Stanley08(m): 10:56pm On Nov 28, 2015
mavinc4u:

lol, where did you get the information that you can only pay $100, lower than the CBN instruction of $300 on ATM. are they drunk or something?

I think he is 'something'
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mariesio: 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
mavinc4u:

They are more than drunk, I can't pay for anything higher than 20k daily so called them severally and was told that is the reason
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Zface(m): 5:08am On Nov 29, 2015
mavinc4u:

Thanks bro
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Zface(m): 5:33am On Nov 29, 2015
pls help. I need someone dat will help me to pay for $116.87 item on ebay. Its urgent pls
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by rockafela(m): 9:32am On Nov 29, 2015
Zface:
pls help. I need someone dat will help me to pay for $116.87 item on ebay. Its urgent pls
pm me
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by modath(f): 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
mavinc4u:

It will solve nothing beyond giving giving one a headache, I've spent more than 17 minutes (they called me cos i halla for dem for twitter ) yabbing them for their deception once.... They claim it is Mastercard rate they use, so i let am go make person nor go develop hbp on stanbic matter..

mavinc4u:

E nor better nothing, their rate is as inconsistent as irregular ********, can't ever be sure of what they'd charge , only guesswork...

I believe checking out in USD is actually better in the long run, observed i got charged 218. Something....

Want to buy some stuff on Ali, make i PM you to use that your card & you send to me?? wink

Me nor go ask you for details cos na only torture go make you give am up.. cheesy
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by francizy(m): 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
modath:

It will solve nothing beyond giving giving one a headache, I've spent more than 17 minutes (they called me cos i halla for dem for twitter ) yabbing them for their deception once.... They claim it is Mastercard rate they use, so i let am go make person nor go develop hbp on stanbic matter..

E nor better nothing, their rate is as inconsistent as irregular ********, can't ever be sure of what they'd charge , only guesswork...

I believe checking out in USD is actually better in the long run, observed i got charged 218. Something....

Want to buy some stuff on Ali, make i PM you to use that your card & you send to me?? wink

Me nor go ask you for details cos na only torture go make you give am up.. cheesy

I dey here dey suffer myself since without knowing say my paddy sabi all these things. Padi abeg, pm me the best bank or transaction method to use for my online transaction. Thank you wink smiley
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
modath:

grin My dear everything tie wrapper for here at the moment; limit exhaustion and some drunkard touching their server to change the rate. Actually Stanbic reduced their rate to N218 after seeing that FBN and some other banks were charging N200. In fact, I used Gtbank card on my last transaction to show how bad it is now, a bank I have vowed not to use again after they blocked their card from been used on a POS channel at walmart store. I would have settled with Skye bank N214-N215.4 but those people are the confused set of people in the banking industry; imagine tagging web transaction at N20,000 a rate lower that CBN ATM daily limit of $300 and they called it temporary moment. Lol, our banking industry are full of comedians so I don't have a specific card I use, I only use any card with the cheapest rate.

Anyway, am heading to another bank tomorrow, heard they are charging between N200-N204. I would confirm that tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by modath(f): 7:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
francizy:

I dey here dey suffer myself since without knowing say my paddy sabi all these things. Padi abeg, pm me the best bank or transaction method to use for my online transaction. Thank you wink smiley

Awwwhhhh, smileyI don't know much, it is them mavin tumababa , Stanley that are your guys,.. cheesy

My cards don't see much action unless i travel or i buy & deliver to people to send to me or bring home & i only buy personal effects for my family & my siblings....

Even the Aliex transavtion i want to do & I'm scoping mavin for is not more than 1kg of weave on for me, & my sis....

But kindly avoid the underlisted, they are up to no good unless they just changed their ways...

1.Zenith, 2.UBA 3.Access 4.Fidelity, 5. GTB... All these I've had experience with, the most annoying was Fidelity who assured me they were doing 212 & gat me @ 229.. i was abroad then , didn't have internet banking so couldn't take my cash out... , i vex no be small & left the test of the money untouched....

Mavinc4u,

Stanbic has dropped the ball but that 199.5 & 207 were the bomb diggity, solved my funds need back then & also funded dorm account by wire transfer as well, i guess the saying that nothing good lasts forever na Stanbic dem dey refer to...... & babe i'll hold you to your word ooo, na xmas hair parole ooo wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by francizy(m): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2015
modath:

Awwwhhhh, smileyI don't know much, it is them mavin tumababa , Stanley that are your guys,.. cheesy

My cards don't see much action unless i travel or i buy & deliver to people to send to me or bring home & i only buy personal effects for my family & my siblings....

Even the Aliex transavtion i want to do & I'm scoping mavin for is not more than 1kg of weave on for me, & my sis....

But kindly avoid the underlisted, they are up to no good unless they just changed their ways...

1.Zenith, 2.UBA 3.Access 4.Fidelity, 5. GTB... All these I've had experience with, the most annoying was Fidelity who assured me they were doing 212 & gat me @ 229.. i was abroad then , didn't have internet banking so couldn't take my cash out... , i vex no be small & left the test of the money untouched....

Mavinc4u,

Stanbic has dropped the ball but that 199.5 & 207 were the bomb diggity, solved my funds need back then & also funded dorm account by wire transfer as well, i guess the saying that nothing good lasts forever na Stanbic dem dey refer to...... & babe i'll hold you to your word ooo, na xmas hair parole ooo wink

I'm about to transact with Skye but am thinking, if they aren't offering good deals, then I open a Stanbic account. Does Stanbic really transact that low (199.5)?? shocked shocked shocked was it MasterCard or bank transfer? By the way, am getting a machine that weighs a lill over 120kg in total. sad .. I have a lot to spend so, don't wanna have any useless bank render me broke just cuz I'm buying stuffs online... cry
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Eghosa1(m): 8:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
francizy:

I'm about to transact with Skye but am thinking, if they aren't offering good deals, then I open a Stanbic account. Does Stanbic really transact that low (199.5)?? shocked shocked shocked was it MasterCard or bank transfer? By the way, am getting a machine that weighs a lill over 120kg in total. sad .. I have a lot to spend so, don't wanna have any useless bank render me broke just cuz I'm buying stuffs online... cry

Lol, this doesn't happen any longer. What are you buying? contact me via my signature and let's see one could help.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by modath(f): 8:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
francizy:

That 199.5 was stopped in August cheesy, read this thread back, you'll see testimony & i believe you can use Form M nah so you can get CBN rate, or Form M can't do it?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by francizy(m): 8:39pm On Nov 29, 2015
modath:

That 199.5 was stopped in August cheesy, read this thread back, you'll see testimony & i believe you can use Form M nah so you can get CBN rate, or Form M can't do it?

How does the form M work?

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (907) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.