Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:16 AM

How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? (27848 Views)

Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Adeboye's Mount Carmel Prayer Mountain In Osun State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by aghostann(m): 8:39am On Aug 02, 2015
Our Lord Jesus Christ always go to a solitary place to pray when He was on earth. So I think people go to mountain to pray because they want to concentrate and stay away from distraction!
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by emamos: 8:40am On Aug 02, 2015
RaDaZaBaNa:
This Issue has Bothered my mind a Lot. When Some Churches proclaim that Prayers are better answered by Going to the climbing Mountains and going to the Top of the mountain to pray.
When the Bible states in Matthew Chapter 6 vs 6 “But
thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly”

We heard of Cases where people die after marathon prayers on mountains and even some falling sick and Etc. Is Going to the Mountain a Criteria for Quick answers to Prayers.if so is it Biblical ??
How Effective is Mountain prayers ?
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by condralbede(m): 8:40am On Aug 02, 2015
With faith you can move mountain
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by osimataylor(m): 8:40am On Aug 02, 2015
Man creation.Arrant nonsense.

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Princehojay(m): 8:41am On Aug 02, 2015
The prayer can be answer only if you have faith in it.............
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
undecidedHow many billionaires have gone to pray on the mountain?
My pastor has met Dr d.k olukoya @ efon alaaye in Ekiti,but he appeared in a manner you wld find it hard to recognise him.....dr d.k olukoya is a bilionaires class i guess...many others visit mountains in jerusalem
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by SuperMaq: 8:42am On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

And how many of those billionaires are citizens of Heaven?

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:44am On Aug 02, 2015
SuperMaq:

And how many of those billionaires are citizens of Heaven?

How many mountain climbers are citizens of "heaven "?

2 Likes

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by lovegonewrong: 8:45am On Aug 02, 2015
Infomizer:
As effective as valley prayers.
It makes no difference where you pray.
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:45am On Aug 02, 2015
IHate9ja1:

My pastor has met Dr d.k olukoya @ efon alaaye in Ekiti,but he appeared in a manner you wld find it hard to recognise him.....dr d.k olukoya is a bilionaires class i guess...many others visit mountains in jerusalem

Soooo...there's no mountain in Nigeria ba undecided...make una dey deceive unaself
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Dubemkelly(m): 8:45am On Aug 02, 2015
Only your faith determines or proves its effectiveness , it doesn't work as magic but your faith makes it happen like magic
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by vikoski: 8:46am On Aug 02, 2015
I don't think any Church or Pastor has proclaim dat going to the mountain will give answers to prayers.
It is just for those who feel dat dey really need to consecrate time alone to commune wt deir maker sad
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Tufunky: 8:48am On Aug 02, 2015
you get better network on the mountain
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Feranmicharles(m): 8:51am On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
my parents do go to mountain
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by AlabaSlim: 8:51am On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Ahab waz a King with authority, power & wealth, the same goes to others in the bible who had wealth everywhere...God is never interested in your wealth BUT your soul.
Being wealthy is not a sign for God's salvation or being a christian. He is waiting for us when we die not whether you are wealthy or not cos the bible says that "the rain fall on the just & unjust"
He blesses anybody including the every second atheist but he catches everybody when that person is dead & cannot ask for forgiveness ever again
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by emamos: 8:51am On Aug 02, 2015
aghostann:
Our Lord Jesus Christ always go to a solitary place to pray when He was on earth. So I think people go to mountain to pray because they want to concentrate and stay away from distraction!
fact

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by mbulela: 8:53am On Aug 02, 2015
RaDaZaBaNa:

How Effective is Mountain prayers ?
pointless.
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:55am On Aug 02, 2015
AlabaSlim:

Ahab waz a King with authority, power & wealth, the same goes to others in the bible who had wealth everywhere...God is never interested in your wealth BUT your soul.
Being wealthy is not a sign for God's salvation or being a christian. He is waiting for us when we die not whether you are wealthy or not cos the bible says that "the rain fall on the just & unjust"
He blesses anybody including the every second atheist but he catches everybody when that person is dead & cannot ask for forgiveness ever again

Read the title of the thread and then read my reply.... I know Bible pass you...
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by chichriso: 8:55am On Aug 02, 2015
emamos:
fact
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:55am On Aug 02, 2015
Feranmicharles:
my parents do go to mountain

Oh yeah?.....good for them
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Johncuppa(m): 8:57am On Aug 02, 2015
d
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Infomizer(m): 8:58am On Aug 02, 2015
lovegonewrong:
It makes no difference where you pray.
My point exactly!

2 Likes

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 02, 2015
I think the major reason most Christians go to the mountains to pray is due to the reduced level of distractions up there, plus the extra zeal created by seeing other brethren taking quality time to pray.

There's so much noise in the valley.

God answers our prayers everywhere so far as they're offered in spirit and in truth.

And then sometimes certain situations require more desperate kind of prayers. I've found myself in this situation severally where I had to literally seclude myself from the noisy areas and retire to places more serene and quite. I didn't come back without answers to my prayers.

Whatever works for you.

God be praised!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by allanphash7(m): 9:01am On Aug 02, 2015
Mount everest or kilimajaro
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by emamos: 9:02am On Aug 02, 2015
And it came to pass in those days that he went out into a mountain to pray and continued all night in prayer to God...Luke 6 vs 12.

2 Likes

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by DONFASZY(m): 9:03am On Aug 02, 2015
we r nt Moses frm d bible...he excuse himsef to ve privacy with almighty God...in d mountains...notin special. ..Almighty God is anywere...anytime...everywere....

spiritual ly....goin to d mountains is 4 1 to b free n far frm oda people n ve confirmed privacy wit d most high God...so if u can...pray hard...
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by noj02: 9:03am On Aug 02, 2015
the whole Idea is a Place were you will not be distracted or are concerned with people around
where you are alone with your maker and he has all your attention and you have all His.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by kodlins(f): 9:03am On Aug 02, 2015
1st I believe it does not matter where you pray.

While serving in Jos, people go to mountain to pray because the hills were just beside the house and it afforded them privacy from family house noise.

However, all those Ibadan mountain Hmmm. I know many who were not strong enough spiritually. Who after the mountain experience contacted familiar spirits on the guise of the spirit of Prophecy.

If you want a quiet place to pray, you should go to retreat camps or your church alter.

False prophets also visit mountains for sacrifice. Just avoid unnecessary satanic invasion
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by herald9: 9:07am On Aug 02, 2015
Very effective, as you'll be more closer to heaven. In addition, learn languages like Aramaic, Hebrews, French and not forgetting TONGUES....

They increases your chances of being heard... As you don't know which language god hears.

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 02, 2015
Mountains prayers are for seclusion, to avoid distractions and focus on the subject of the prayer. Jesus Christ did the same when severally, when he withdrew from the crowd and took his disciples to the mountain to pray.

Apostle Ayo Babalola, The great man if God was a notorious mountain prayer mininster. He alone went to rock tops and mountains in deep forests to spend weeks praying to God.

Is it effective?

What you guys dont know is that in a city, there are a lot of negative energies, pollution, stress and distraction. Many great men and CEOs who discovered their purpose had to spend time in seclusion, meditating about their existence.

The mountain is refreshing. It is free of city stress and surrounded by nature's uplifting energy. Normally, even if you dont go there to pray, just being there makes you inspirational, and you get to connect to instincts inside you that city life has buried.

So it is very effective. Prayers on a mountain are deep, focused, meditational, inspired, aggressive and powerful.

5 Likes

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Mekzmoney(m): 9:15am On Aug 02, 2015
Y mountain prayer is good is that:
1. U won't be distracted by ur babe grin or friends around u.
2. Were one or two are gathered, God is always there. So wen u pray wit others in dat mountain, he answers quickly.
3. Most of d gr8 men in d bible prayed on d mountain, and God appeared or visited them, especially those prophets.
4. U won't be tempted by d devil, cos tins might happen wen ur at home. U might be praying at home and satan would bring dat lady u ve been crushing 4 many yrs, knocking at ur door. What do u tink would happen? grin i hear say u no go abandon ur prayer.
5. U will be lazy to pray wen ur at home..
6. Instead of u to always read ur bible, u either watch movies or sleep...

Wit all dis reasons, I guess u ve seen Y mountain prayer is better.

2 Likes

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by trybe(m): 9:16am On Aug 02, 2015
Infomizer:
As effective as valley prayers.
God bless ya! Pple go to pray on d mount cuz of d quietness nd so they won't lack focus nd concentration # my opinion tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice / Is Going To Church Without Covering Your Hair A Sin? / I Saw A UFO Last Night!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.