Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,095 members, 7,807,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? (27998 Views)

Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Adeboye's Mount Carmel Prayer Mountain In Osun State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 02, 2015
People get the MOUNTAIN PRAYER LOGIC wrong, even some pastors, I wish I have the time to explain in details.

Is more spiritual than physical
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by ewizard1: 9:26am On Aug 02, 2015
They think it closest to heaven which makes the prayers be easily heard buy God and answered! grin
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Neocotez(m): 9:26am On Aug 02, 2015
From my experience I have noticed that its not done at the peak, the highest top of any mountain. they have a network hot spot.
I live in Jos and you know we all have it, but the hot spot appeared to be used by many.
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by kishimi8(m): 9:26am On Aug 02, 2015
psychologist:
Matthew 14 vs 23
Luke 6 vs 12
Luke 9 vs 28

In all this verses Jesus went up the mountain to pray.... so what's the fuss about
he went up there for seclusion, he wanted to be alone ,, sometimes praying in a secluded place allows you to focus more and give God your undivided attention
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Arijosh(m): 9:32am On Aug 02, 2015
On top of water, inside the ice and even inside the sea, God is every where but mountain prayer help you to feel you are Closer to God and its safe from distraction also.
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
undecidedHow many billionaires have gone to pray on the mountain?
Would they tell you they're going to pray on mountain?
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by 2rivers: 9:40am On Aug 02, 2015
It's all about believe, but sometimes your belief needs some push/boost. Just like introducing what is called placebo.
Reminds me of a story about an old grandma who rejected a dish of pounded yam prepared by her daughter-in-law just because she learnt it was pounded using a machine. She said they are never as good as the ones pounded the local way - mortar and pestle
The husband/her son didn't even argue being fully aware that the wife doesn't know how to do it the local way. He merely tells the wife to take away the meal while he goes ahead and do what mama wants.
After an hour and several fake running around and pounding, another meal of pounded yam was brought done with the same machine. Grandma takes an handful, swallows and exclaims in excitement, "this is what is called pounded yam!"
Bottomline, it really doesn't matter where you pray, and we should not be held in bondage to that, but for those who feels it matters, let them go to the highest mountain top - as long as it helps to get their prayers answered.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by dabosuker(m): 9:42am On Aug 02, 2015
The Sky gods were Astronauts, that visited the Earth in the remote past, they landed their crafts on mountain tops , they brought Agriculture, seeds etc & taught man most of what is known today. Ancient Man always climbed the Mountain tops to communicate & receive instructions from them, after a while they left the planet, but Man continued to climb the mountains looking up to the sky , seeking for answers for problems & so prayer was born . IMO
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 02, 2015
Now that it's been established that prayers at the mountain are for seclusion, my question is where are these mountain?

Are you guys saying, there are people camped at olumo rock (ok, that's not a mountain but you get my drift) kabashing anf labashing?

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by lastchild: 10:01am On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
why do we always think that money is the only thing we can ask God for,each time God's blessings is talked about we start mentioning money

Someone can go to mountain only to ask God for forgiveness of sin or asking for long life or something else not necessarily money,do you think all those billionaire are totally happy?

Change your mentality

5 Likes

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Feranmicharles(m): 10:06am On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Oh yeah?.....good for them
thankssmiley
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 02, 2015
What? You're afraid your 'high and mighty God' wouldn't hear your prayers on level ground? If he is as the good books claim then he'd hear you even if you whisper it in a darkened underground bunker.

However this question stems from both greed and uncertainty: you're uncertain your God hears you and're so greedy you want him to hear only yours above all others'.
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by kb77: 10:18am On Aug 02, 2015
efilefun:
Say your prayers anywhere even in ur toilet, all that matters most is your believe, mountain koor river niii.
Kai devil leave in d toilet god don't answe prayer in dirty place okay forbid toilet dirty start frm
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by kb77: 10:21am On Aug 02, 2015
Ogbeni some niggi lost der faith dash dem your faith na
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 02, 2015
Well, going to the mountain will get rid of certain distractions you would go through at home. Let's take an example, u decide to av a 7 days prayer and fasting due to some shortcomings. if you can do this successfully at home without distractions From your neighbours, noise From your i-pass-my- neighbour generators, SMELL OF FOOD, wife and kids, debtors etc then there is no difference.
For an effective prayer, u need a certain level of concentration. Going to the mountain is for a reason and also you get to see pple praying really hard, that alone is enough motivation

2 Likes

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by tuffgongjo(m): 10:22am On Aug 02, 2015
boman2014:
prayers are waste of time.... the answer to your prayers is YOU!

Stand up on your feet and take up YOUR CROSS!

Are for real?
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:31am On Aug 02, 2015
lastchild:
why do we always think that money is the only thing we can ask God for,each time God's blessings is talked about we start mentioning money

Someone can go to mountain only to ask God for forgiveness of sin or asking for long life or something else not necessarily money,do you think all those billionaire are totally happy?

Change your mentality

Whats the difference between the forgiveness I ask for in my room and the one on the mountain?
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Horlufemi(m): 10:32am On Aug 02, 2015
God is everywhere pray every where. Why was the veil in the temple torn. Is signifies direct access to God. That was why Jesus died.

The corner in the room is better than the Mountain top, ask Jesus.
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Horlufemi(m): 10:33am On Aug 02, 2015
castroevans:
Well, going to the mountain will get rid of certain distractions you would go through at home. Let's take an example, u decide to av a 7 days prayer and fasting due to some shortcomings. if you can do this successfully at home without distractions From your neighbours, noise From your i-pass-my- neighbour generators, SMELL OF FOOD, wife and kids, debtors etc then there is no difference.
For an effective prayer, u need a certain level of concentration. Going to the mountain is for a reason and also you get to see pple praying really hard, that alone is enough motivation

You can be without distraction is you discipline yourself
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by engrolawei: 10:35am On Aug 02, 2015
Tallesty1:
The reason I went to mountains to pray when I was in the village was because there is no distraction atop mountains. It is just you, your bible and the stones and grasses.
Ahdonbeliv that! Snakes love the mountains and rocks and this can divert your attention. Pray anywhere and BABA GOD will hear and answer. After all, Jonah prayed from the belly of the fish (I think it was a whale, because shark for don tear am) and GOD heard him. the fish later vomited bros Jonah like INEC vomits election results.
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by lastchild: 11:14am On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Whats the difference between the forgiveness I ask for in my room and the one on the mountain?
I wasn't talking about where prayer is being conducted,I was commenting on the mentality of always talking about money when requesting from God is involved
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 02, 2015
When fasting and praying its better to be in an isolated place so you can focus on God. And to some people it means going to a mountain.

I've had a friend who did. She didn't die. And her prayers were answered.

The most important thing is faith.

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by charlsecy(m): 11:26am On Aug 02, 2015
360ng:
Your faith makes your prayers effective. If you dont have faith and also have a clean heart then am sorry, because even if you pray on pastor adeboye's prayer mountain NOTHING POSITIVE WILL HAPPEN.
That is what we may want to promote, but in reality, GOD also answers the prayers of "sinners."
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by password88(m): 11:33am On Aug 02, 2015
psychologist:
Matthew 14 vs 23
Luke 6 vs 12
Luke 9 vs 28

In all this verses Jesus went up the mountain to pray.... so what's the fuss about
. That's a nice one but let me ask where in the Bible have u seen his(jesus) house or room mentioned? He had no house nor room, He only goes to the mountain to pray bcus that's the only quiet place during the time of his life. Apart from mountain top every other place He was He would be crowded. The main reason why christaindom up till today is not one is bcus each denomination has a way of interpreting the bible, going to the mountain or staying in the valey to does not matter, what matters is the heart at which u use in praying.

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by logica(m): 11:48am On Aug 02, 2015
The best mountain to pray is Mount Everest. You are very close to God as he sits in the skies, and there is no signal interference. Good signal quality. You also hear Him loud and clear as you freeze to death.
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by olutai: 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
THE GOD ON THE MOUNTAIN, IS THE GOD IN THE VALLEY.
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by generaliy07(m): 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
Eyor1:
God anxax prayer 4rm anywhr. . .whch knd fulani mentality b dat.

Your laziness is the reason Nigeria isn't meeting up with the MDG goals

Ordinary 'Answer', 'From', 'Anywhere' and 'Kind' you can't type, is that how lazy you are?

SMH
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Xmen149(m): 12:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
Lol..funy how people read above and below the line when it comes to bible..sumary of evry thing in the bible about prayer/answer is: 'condition ur mind contineously and ask,then u get,then give thanks'...if 'A' gets maximum conditioning on the mounting and u dont,why go kill/decieve your self there na....
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
God gave Moses the law on a mountain, Jesus sermon which was a fulfillment of the law and prophet was on a mountain..

Apostle Joseph Babalola got equipped for service after spending time praying to God on mountain. Or is it Mountain Of Fire And Miracle?? .. Dr, D. K. Olukoya was a man who Prayed fervently on mountains.

It affords one the opportunity to find time with God for communion. A time for personal retreat.
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by sunsewa: 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

some I heard of,this days they used to go,at osun state prayer mountains,before it was non existing.
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Toosure70: 1:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
God is covenant keeping God. He made promises with some people and some places. Read your Bible well Weller.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Left N600m In PFN Account -oritsejafor / Olumba Obu: 8-year Tenure For Buhari / Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.