Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,949 members, 7,803,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? (27968 Views)

Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Adeboye's Mount Carmel Prayer Mountain In Osun State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Ephemmm: 10:35am On Aug 03, 2015
RaDaZaBaNa:
This Issue has Bothered my mind a Lot. When Some Churches proclaim that Prayers are better answered by Going to the climbing Mountains and going to the Top of the mountain to pray.
When the Bible states in Matthew Chapter 6 vs 6 “But
thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly”

We heard of Cases where people die after marathon prayers on mountains and even some falling sick and Etc. Is Going to the Mountain a Criteria for Quick answers to Prayers.if so is it Biblical ??
How Effective is Mountain prayers ?

Mountain is one of the secret place the bible talked about. In fact, John the Baptist prefer praying in the wilderness which is one of the secret places the bible referred to.

Mountain is located in the wilderness and wild animals rarely go there: it remains the safest place for people not only in terms of secrecive but also in terms of alertness to any oncoming animal(s) which human being may become prey for.

Jesus Christ prayed in the mountain too, but it is incredible that the essence of going to the mountain from the onset has been bastardized nowadays.

Jah bless.
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by sharpwriter(m): 8:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
kodlins:
1st I believe it does not matter where you pray.

While serving in Jos, people go to mountain to pray because the hills were just beside the house and it afforded them privacy from family house noise.

However, all those Ibadan mountain Hmmm. I know many who were not strong enough spiritually. Who after the mountain experience contacted familiar spirits on the guise of the spirit of Prophecy.

If you want a quiet place to pray, you should go to retreat camps or your church alter.

False prophets also visit mountains for sacrifice. Just avoid unnecessary satanic invasion

Please, sister, tell me more about those who contacted familiar spirits. What strange tins did you see in them after their visit to those crowded mountains? I am interested, pls. tell me. Thanks.
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by sharpwriter(m): 8:37pm On Feb 02, 2018
Pque:
Some years back, I went to a mountaian to pray, 3hrs everyday for just 3 days. The same week, while I highlighted from a commercial bus at the market close to my house, a lame man begging for alms called me and told me some things concerning my problems and other things that have to do with my family. He told me to go and give beggars anything I can afford in the market place, always show mercy and that I should go and b reading psalms. That same month, I got the answer to my prayers beyond our petitions. I don't know what happened but faith and concentration is very important when we pray. My faith; I decided on my own to go to d mountain to pray, nobody asked me to do so, the mountain is far away but I don't care, sometime I walked, sometime I took a bike. Most of the prayer I made were made while sitting down.

I took that decission at the dieing minute of my problem after I totally concluded that I need divine intervention at that specific point in time. I also studied my bible on the mountain. Maybe, if I had taken this decision earlier, I would not have gone through those ugly problems I experienced. For some of us, God knows the best time to answer our prayer because there is time for everything on the surface of the earth. A seed that was never bury will never grow to produce a good sweet fruit. Wilderness is part of a christian experience. Without wilderness we may never get to our potential in life.

A lame man told you your problems? I only thought this exists in movies, especially with muslim and alfa stuffs. How did yu feel after that encounter?
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by Pque(m): 9:06pm On Mar 24, 2018
sharpwriter:

A lame man told you your problems? I only thought this exists in movies, especially with muslim and alfa stuffs. How did yu feel after that encounter?

At that moment I was surprised but not too surprised because I was majorly concerned with solving my pressing problems. I even thought he was trying to beg me for alms because he was actually a lame beggar in the market place.
Re: How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? by sharpwriter(m): 9:28pm On Mar 24, 2018
Pque:

At that moment I was surprised but not too surprised because I was majorly concerned with solving my pressing problems. I even thought he was trying to beg me for alms because he was actually a lame beggar in the market place.

Na wah o....We Thanks God for answered prayers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai / Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics / I Left N600m In PFN Account -oritsejafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.