Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Passionate About A Career In HR - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Passionate About A Career In HR (4622 Views)

5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know / Career In HR / Career In HR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by exotiqueify(f): 6:38am On Aug 05, 2015
Eddodoh:

Alison.com is a learning avenue where u can take different courses free & certificate is issued to u after u successfully pass their final exam/assessment

I think MS Office Suite is a basic requirement because u will b expected to assist senior HR Managers to update employees record, payroll administration, presentation & so on. I learnt HR has advance softwares in which different functions are performed. So, Microsoft Office Suite should b a starting point.

Morning.....tanx for d explanation , tho i know ow to use d Ms office except power point sha.....In any case, Alison.com is a very good way to start, but i went to d site to start a french course, but iys not opening,unfortunately, English, on the other hand, opens, do u know any cause for this?
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by Eddodoh(m): 7:01am On Aug 05, 2015
exotiqueify:

Morning.....tanx for d explanation , tho i know ow to use d Ms office except power point sha.....In any case, Alison.com is a very good way to start, but i went to d site to start a french course, but iys not opening,unfortunately, English, on the other hand, opens, do u know any cause for this?
Maybe ur browser is not supported. U can try firefox or mozilla.

I had same problem when i wanted to take d HR course final assessment & d questions were not displaying. I had to contact them & they advised dat i upgrade my browser.
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by rhonnie(f): 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
I checked alison.com yesterday and actually started the diploma in Human Resources course yesterday. Its quite interesting.

2 Likes

Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by Rafiattayo: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2015
rhonnie:
I checked alison.com yesterday and actually started the diploma in Human Resources course yesterday. Its quite interesting.
.Can one download it,or you have to read from the website?
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by Mobebi(m): 2:22am On Aug 06, 2015
Rafiattayo:
.Can one download it,or you have to read from the website?

you can't download.. you read from the website.

the other person who said it didn't open in her browser, if u r using android, update your browser to the latest version, but do not use opera mini.. the browser that came with your phone when u bought it is the best. log in with your gmail address and you r good to go. Alison is a nice site to get some certificates. I am also doing the human resources diploma course.
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by Mobebi(m): 2:33am On Aug 06, 2015
rhonnie:

I started yesterday too.. was finding it difficult to view the course after a week I was introduced to the site, was able to start it yesterday and its great. I hope d certificate is recognized here in Nigeria?
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by Eddodoh(m): 7:47am On Aug 06, 2015
Mobebi:

I started yesterday too.. was finding it difficult to view the course after a week I was introduced to the site, was able to start it yesterday and its great. I hope d certificate is recognized here in Nigeria?
Lolzzz!!! It is recognized even in Mars. Check members comments on d page u r taking d course u will see people from Naija & other countries.
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by Mobebi(m): 10:20am On Aug 06, 2015
Eddodoh:

Lolzzz!!! It is recognized even in Mars. Check members comments on d page u r taking d course u will see people from Naija & other countries.

naija people too like books and certificate... of cos I know they will even be among the highest number of people on Alison.com reading different courses.. we really no De carry last, and the thing b free again. we love certificate in naija and I think God blessed us with academic prowess.

1 Like

Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by Mobebi(m): 11:59am On Aug 06, 2015
exotiqueify:

Want to know if you have taken the final assessment and gotten your certificate.
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by phebealabi(f): 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2015
Alison courses are also very helpful if you are not ready maybe financially to start cipm
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by exotiqueify(f): 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2015
Mobebi:

Want to know if you have taken the final assessment and gotten your certificate.

unfortunately, i havent yet, not done with it,yet
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by Mobebi(m): 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
exotiqueify:

unfortunately, i havent yet, not done with it,yet

OK thank you for that. I also will like to know if someone is mandated to use the prescribed 15hours to finish everything or you can finish at your convenience? that is, u can use a whole week or month to finish it? cos I started yesterday and I have been rushing to round it up today Thursday 6th August...
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by Realtym(f): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
Eddodoh:
I have developed passion for HR. I have some HR
lecture apps download on my fone dat i read &
listen to. I subscribed to newsletters, connect wit
like-minds on LinkedIn & planning on attending a
seminar on HR organised by a firm.
I am currently looking for an opportunity to learn
& gain hands-on experience in d field.

Please share some materials with me as I am also looking towards a career switch to HR and have recently registered for a free course on Open2study. Thanks...(bdbest4eva@gmail.com)
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by exotiqueify(f): 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2015
Mobebi:

OK thank you for that. I also will like to know if someone is mandated to use the prescribed 15hours to finish everything or you can finish at your convenience? that is, u can use a whole week or month to finish it? cos I started yesterday and I have been rushing to round it up today Thursday 6th August...

My dear, u finish at ur own convenience.....
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by Mobebi(m): 10:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
exotiqueify:

My dear, u finish at ur own convenience.....

am through with the module for the second assessment but the questions are not coming up.. not showing at all. telling me I need plugins. downloaded a PDF plugins yet the questions not coming up. don't know if you have experienced this and what do I do pls?
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by nenergy(m): 3:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
rhonnie:
Interesting! I'm interested. Please what's the duration of the diploma programme?
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by rhonnie(f): 7:47am On Aug 20, 2015
nenergy:

Interesting! I'm interested. Please what's the duration of the diploma programme?

I am not sure but I think it depends on your speed.

1 Like

Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by Eddodoh(m): 7:09am On Aug 22, 2015
Mobebi:

am through with the module for the second assessment but the questions are not coming up.. not showing at all. telling me I need plugins. downloaded a PDF plugins yet the questions not coming up. don't know if you have experienced this and what do I do pls?
It might be browser issue. Refer to previous suggestion above to fix it.
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by Mobebi(m): 1:58pm On Aug 24, 2015
Eddodoh:

It might be browser issue. Refer to previous suggestion above to fix it.

yeah.. am through with the Diploma in Hunan Resources. Passed the final exam. Am doing another one; Diploma in Modern Human Resources Management; selection and retention.. this one is a bit tough.
the problem now is how to get the money and order for my certificate.

does anyone know how to do it?
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by bbankky: 5:37pm On Aug 24, 2015
I want to change career to human resource too,i tried Alison.com but the site is not opening.I need help pls.
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by Eddodoh(m): 10:55pm On Aug 24, 2015
Mobebi:

yeah.. am through with the Diploma in Hunan Resources. Passed the final exam. Am doing another one; Diploma in Modern Human Resources Management; selection and retention.. this one is a bit tough.
the problem now is how to get the money and order for my certificate.

does anyone know how to do it?
The same passion & zeal dat led u to finish d first course should be ur guiding principle.
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by Eddodoh(m): 11:01pm On Aug 24, 2015
bbankky:
I want to change career to human resource too,i tried Alison.com but the site is not opening.I need help pls.
Why don't u go through d beginning of d thread to see how related issues are resolved.
Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by bbankky: 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
Eddodoh:

Why don't u go through d beginning of d thread to see how related issues are resolved.
Okay thank u.

1 Like

Re: Passionate About A Career In HR by HRinsider: 1:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
Great Opportunity For Starting a Career in HR

Kendor Consulting is hosting a FREE training on Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 11 am!

• Are you looking to start a career in HR and wondering how to get a foot in the door?
• Are you new to HR and wondering what’s in it for you?
• Are you currently employed but thinking of making a career switch to HR?
• Do you want a career in HR but don’t think you have the right skills to make the move?

Then nip over and talk to us.

Bring your CVs along.

For more information visit www.kendorconsulting.com/startingacareerinhr

Admission is strictly by REGISTRATION. Visit www.kendorconsulting.com/register to register now.

Registration closes on Wednesday August 10, 2016.

Venue: 20B, Niyi Okunubi Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
Time: 12 noon – 2 pm

For enquiries, call 08187433436

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jobs For Fresh Graduates In Nigeria / Receptionists Needed Urgently In A World Class Hotel / Easy Call Outsourcing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.