Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,378 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Barchelor- Day2- Before The Last August - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Barchelor- Day2- Before The Last August (907 Views)

AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Bachelor- Day4- Honeymoon Or Honeygloom / AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Barchelor- Day1- One Chance / AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Barchelor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Barchelor- Day2- Before The Last August by lyricalpontiff(m): 9:43am On Aug 02, 2015
I woke up this morning tethered to a severe hangover. I couldn’t count my fingers but I woke up on a big bed alone. The whereabouts of my wife is an entire different story. The clock says 10:30am and it smells like Sunday, of course it is. I yawn and stagger to the toilet sink as I wash my face and face the man hiding in the mirror.
Things were not always like this, before the last August I was a handsome bachelor with too much money to spend. I had two masters degree from foreign universities and I changed cars like I did to shoes. And my set of friends were like me so, the club knew us. I knew the secret of King Solomon and a woman’s heart hardly stands a handful of my honey coated words. Yet still I had a headful of ideas about the worlds’ ills with the solutions dead in my pocket. My dad didn’t want me to work under anybody so I launched a consultancy agency plus a record label with a couple of other businesses up my sleeves. During the second republic, my dad was a minister; he held various positions before and after then. He is also a close ally to Angela’s (my wife) dad. They both belong to the old money status and enjoy strong business ties.
My mum had jokingly told me some years back to put my eyes on one of either Angela or hers sisters, stating how both families would like to cementing the bond as in-laws. I haven’t seen Angela more than thrice since childhood but I knew that she was a beauty to behold and I also knew that we were age mates in fact she is my senior with few months. I knew that she was a southpaw and a kind of weird person considering the fact that she isn’t in any of the social networks. I only saw pictures of her on her sisters’ Facebook page. Angela did her first degree in the UK and her masters in France. She had some work experience before returning home to manage stuff for her dad. I had fears that a girl with such immense beauty will either be engaged or married by the time she will be done with her education. So I took my eyes to her younger sisters to be safe in a case where the issue of marriage should pop up.
Trouble started when Christy (Angela’s immediate younger sister) was engaged to a UK based interior designer. At that point her parents wanted Angela to wed before her sisters but Angela had no interest in men and therefore she wasn’t hitched. Unknown to us, Angela’s parents and my dad had been meeting severally at their hang outs conceiving the idea of a possible marriage between me and Angela in order to set precedence for that of Christy. Our parents have money, power and respect in the society but they don’t respect the emotions of their children who are adults. Our wedding was a match made in a parlour of clicking sounds of wine glasses and thick cigarette smoke.

1 Like

Re: AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Barchelor- Day2- Before The Last August by Just4mide: 11:48am On Aug 02, 2015
I dey enjoy
am continue bro!!

1 Like

Re: AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Barchelor- Day2- Before The Last August by MirandaPrestly(f): 12:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
still following keenly.............

1 Like

Re: AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Barchelor- Day2- Before The Last August by prettydamsel2(f): 8:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nice following

(1) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa To Give Followers 50k Throughout December / The Boy Warrior By Joseph Nwogo / Which Is Most Appealing In A Poem?: Pictures, Sound, Message/ Meaning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.