Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil (8305 Views)

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / Making Your Own Cheap Organic Fungicides / All you need to know about Neem Oil By: Organicfoods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by organicfoods(m): 10:58am On Aug 02, 2015
Reading this thread, you can learn how to make neem oil based organic pesticides for your farm in Nigeria. Organic farms in Nigeria are really scarce to come by, but you can make your farm one by reducing the use of chemicals in crops production.

Having registered over 2000 organic farmers planting soy beans with a ready market this season, in the wwoof organic farm certification program. I will seize this opportunity to share with you the methods our farmers are using to combat pests. It's cheap and very effective. You too will benefit from it.

NEEM PESTICIDES (DONGOYARO)
Today I will be sharing information on how you can make your own organic pesticides from neem oil in Nigeria that's very effective against over 200 pests with a common material in our environment called dongoyaro (neem)

Hope we know all about health issues associated with synthetic pesticides. So this is sure our best option.

STEP1: Get enough fresh dongoyaro leaves (neem leaves) and pound in a mortal, you can also blend it or grind it.

STEP 2: Soak the leaves with water and cover for seven days
Make sure you make enough for your Napster spray

STEP 3: Sieve the concotion and keep aside.

STEP 4: Mix 4 tablespoons of neem oil in a bowl of warm water containing small amount of black soap (a teaspoon) make sure you have a good mix.

Pour everything into the neem water conction and mix properly. Use Napster spray to spray properly on your crops at least twice a month.

If you need the neem oil in Nigeria,
1 liter @2500 naira, you can call me on 08034342637

Read more about neem
http://www.discoverneem.com/neem-oil-pesticide.html

1 Like

Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by Juliana7: 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
@op, the black soap u are talking about is it d "native" black soap

1 Like

Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by organicfoods(m): 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
Juliana7:
@op, the black soap u are talking about is it d "native" black soap
Yes, I mean local black soap.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by FarmTech(m): 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
You can use any soap since the soap is used as a surfacant to help the oil dissolve. But the black soap may have additional insecticidial ppty.
@op, I'll contact u if i need neem oil. I've been wondering where I can get it in nigeria. But the price...
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by organicfoods(m): 6:52am On Aug 05, 2015
FarmTech:
You can use any soap since the soap is used as a surfacant to help the oil dissolve. But the black soap may have additional insecticidial ppty.
@op, I'll contact u if i need neem oil. I've been wondering where I can get it in nigeria. But the price...
You are right, any soap would do. Our neem oil are extracted using pure cold press and not chemical extract. If you are buying upto 5 litres, we can review the price. Hope to hear from you soon. Wishing you organic happiness ahead of your day
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by organicfoods(m): 11:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
Making Organic Herbicides :

In the coming days I will be introducing organic herbicides and how you can make yours.
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by greenmatorganic: 10:32am On Aug 27, 2015
organicfoods:
Making Organic Herbicides :

In the coming days I will be introducing organic herbicides and how you can make yours.

Morning sir! We resume for class every day but you don't always turn up.

How do we learn the process of extracting oil from Neem tree, I can't comment on your oil's efficacy as I am yet to use it.

But damnn the price is exhorbitant

1 Like

Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by organicfoods(m): 9:52am On Sep 02, 2015
greenmatorganic:

How do we learn the process of extracting oil from Neem tree, I can't comment on your oil's efficacy as I am yet to use it.

Sorry bro... Been busy on the farm lately
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by freelife4all(m): 9:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
greenmatorganic:

Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by Jesusbaby6(f): 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
this is very nice sir, how can one become certified as an organic farmer?
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by organicfoods(m): 9:58am On Oct 03, 2015
Jesusbaby6:
this is very nice sir, how can one become certified as an organic farmer?
Organic farming is about documentation. Wwoof and Vantage organic foods are enrolling farmers for international certification. 1st batch of farmers will have their farm visited and audited starting October 8. Hopefully we can be able to achieve total compliance... The next batch will then follow. Then we can enroll your farm. But you must cultivate soy bean plus a registration fee of 1000 Naira and 2 passport. Certification is free.

Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by gaussy(m): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2015
Following
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by gaussy(m): 10:35am On Oct 03, 2015
Following...
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by Jesusbaby6(f): 12:07pm On Oct 03, 2015
organicfoods:
Organic farming is about documentation. Wwoof and Vantage organic foods are enrolling farmers for international certification. 1st batch of farmers will have their farm visited and audited starting October 8. Hopefully we can be able to achieve total compliance... The next batch will then follow. Then we can enroll your farm. But you must cultivate soy bean plus a registration fee of 1000 Naira and 2 passport. Certification is free.
What is the minimum size of the farm?
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by organicfoods(m): 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2015
Jesusbaby6:
What is the minimum size of the farm?
any size will be fine.
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by Sholaystar4me(m): 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
My oga abeg teach us how to make organic herbicide and fungicide too if possible. And pls is ur N2,500 neem oil per litre? And will it be enough for 1 or 2 hectares?

organicfoods:
any size will be fine.
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by Jesusbaby6(f): 11:16am On Nov 04, 2015
organicfoods:
Having registered over 2000 organic farmers planting soy beans with a ready market this season, in the wwoof organic farm certification program. I will seize this opportunity to share with you the methods our farmers are using to combat pests. It's cheap and very effective. You too will benefit from it.

Today I will be sharing information on how you can make your own organic pesticides that's very effective against over 200 pests with a common material in our environment called dongoyaro (neem)

Hope we know all about health issues associated with synthetic pesticides. So this is sure our best option.

STEP1: Get enough fresh dongoyaro leaves (neem leaves) and pound in a mortal, you can also blend it or grind it.

STEP 3: Sieve the conction and keep aside.

STEP 4: Mix 4 tablespoons of neem oil in a bowl of warm water containing small amount of black soap (a teaspoon) make sure you have a good mix.

Pour everything into the neem water conction and mix properly. Use Napster spray to spray properly on your crops at least twice a month.

If you need the neem oil

Read more about neem

Hello Sir, do you have the neem seeds? if you do how much will u sell. Thnks
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by Daniel058(m): 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
Jesusbaby6:

Hello Sir, do you have the neem seeds? if you do how much will u sell. Thnks
I have neem seed here
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by Jesusbaby6(f): 6:04am On Feb 08, 2016
Daniel058:
I have neem seed here

How much sir? I want to plant it. Thanks
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by Newway2(m): 6:20am On Feb 08, 2016
If u can get d branch/stem cuttings, u can plant them instead as it will grow faster. Just make sure d nodes are facing up.

Jesusbaby6:

Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by Daniel058(m): 10:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
Jesusbaby6:

depending on the quantity u are interested in
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by organicfoods(m): 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2016
How neem oil deters chewing and sucking insects
There is a nice story that demonstrates how grasshoppers react to neem oil insecticide. It goes something like this: Someone did an experiment. It involved two jars, two leaves, and two grasshoppers. One leaf was sprayed with a chemical insecticide, and one with neem oil. The two grasshoppers were put in the two jars, with one leaf each.

The first grasshopper ate the leaf and died almost instantly. The grasshopper with the neem oil covered leaf did not touch the leaf and lived. At least for a few days. Eventually it starved to death. What would you prefer? A poisonous half eaten lettuce, or an organic, untouched lettuce? It's a no brainer, isn't it?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by organicfoods(m): 11:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
Neem Oil for Aphids Control in Potatoes and Cereals
Aphids, also known as plant lice, infest hundreds of plant varieties. The most affected remain potatoes and cereals. They are pestsare dreaded by gardeners and crop cultivators all over the world, especially the temperate regions. Their asexual reproducing capacity makes then a successful species from a zoological perspective.
They vary between 1mm-10mm in length and aphids generally have soft, pudgy bodies. Their colouring, which merges with the infested plant, can vary between being greenish brown for potatoes, brown for cereals and even colourless for other plants. An Aphid infests a plant and feeds on the sap of the phloem of the plant till the phloem vessel is punctured. Once this happens, transport of nourishment and nutrients to the different parts of the plant gets disrupted.
Additionally, Aphids also consume the Xylem sap,parallely causing damage to the flow of water within the plant and also replenishing its own water content. Once the plant gets weakened due to the devastation of its phloem and xylem cells by the Aphids, aphids reproduce and infest the plant further with more Aphids. These Aphids also carry plant viruses and destroy the plant beyond repair.
The blight fever in potatoes and cereal crop damages which occur in many parts of the world are due to aphid infestation and lack of early detection of the same. Over the years, certain kinds of aphids have acquired immunity towards some chemical pesticides, thereby making it difficult to control them.
Neem oil is a good organic pesticide to be used to control aphids in potatoes and cereals because it contains Azadirachtin which cause hormonal changes in aphids resulting in aphids ceasing to consume the sap of the phloem, rupturing the xylem and reproducing asexually.
Furthermore, since neem oil causes damage only to the plant infesting, i.e. sap consuming aphids; the naturally occurring organisms which replenish the soil and enrich the plant do not get destroyed. Potatoes and cereals are high value crops which fetch the cultivator a good income and high returns on investment. Aphid control through chemical pesticides is an expensive process and neem oil in comparison, is not so costly.
This will ensure that the cultivator’s return on investment remains high. Neem oil is eco-friendly and does not carry any side effects, either to the environment or the soil and hence is a good solution to tackle the menace of Aphids in potatoes and cereals.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by bosunjohns(m): 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
organicfoods:

Today I will be sharing information on how you can make your own organic pesticides that's very effective against over 200 pests with a common material in our environment called dongoyaro (neem)

If you need the neem oil

Read more about neem
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by bosunjohns(m): 5:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
organicfoods:
How neem oil deters chewing and sucking insects
There is a nice story that demonstrates how grasshoppers react to neem oil insecticide. It goes something like this: Someone did an experiment. It involved two jars, two leaves, and two grasshoppers. One leaf was sprayed with a chemical insecticide, and one with neem oil. The two grasshoppers were put in the two jars, with one leaf each.

The first grasshopper ate the leaf and died almost instantly. The grasshopper with the neem oil covered leaf did not touch the leaf and lived. At least for a few days. Eventually it starved to death. What would you prefer? A poisonous half eaten lettuce, or an organic, untouched lettuce? It's a no brainer, isn't it?

Nice.
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by bosunjohns(m): 5:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
organicfoods:

If you need the neem oil

Read more about neem
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by organicfoods(m): 8:25am On Mar 08, 2016
Neem Oil For Farm Animals

Sheep, pigs, cats, horses, and other animals can all benefit from neem oil. Unlike a lot of other flea, insect, and mange treatment products on the market for animals, they aren’t tempted to lick neem due to its sulfuric and bitter taste and, more importantly, it isn’t poisonous for your animals.

To get rid of any insects and other pests in the barn, mix one part neem oil with fifty parts water. Make as much as you think you may need, and then spray both the walls and the floor of the barn twice a day (when the animals are outside). Remove any food or water from the barn prior to spraying, as the bitter taste of the neem will likely have your animals turning their noses up at the food. If you are using it on your livestock because of mange, you may spray it directly on the infected area. It goes without saying that you want to be mindful about getting the solution in their eyes or mouth.

For any animals with hooves, like pigs, sheep, goats, and horses, neem oil can also make for a very nice hoof treatment. Take five teaspoons of neem oil and mix it in one quart of water. Dip the hoof into the mixture, and you’re set.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by organicfoods(m): 12:01am On Mar 09, 2016
Things to avoid while using neem oil as pesticides.

1. Make sure you are not making the pesticides for keeps. Potency of Neem oil based pesticides reduce drastically after two days.
2. Don't apply neem oil directly to the Napster sprayer filled with water. Apply only to the soap lather for proper emulsification...else you will risk getting your plant burnt if you have the oil on the leaves of plant in a very hot afternoon.
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by Obanla100(m): 12:56am On Mar 09, 2016
I have some dogonyaro leaves that I have soaked in water for over 3 weeks now. (Only dogonyaro leaves). Can I still use it? will it harm my crops since I soaked it for more than 7 days?
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by organicfoods(m): 1:12am On Mar 09, 2016
Obanla100:
I have some dogonyaro leaves that I have soaked in water for over 3 weeks now. (Only dogonyaro leaves). Can I still use it? will it harm my crops since I soaked it for more than 7 days?
It won't, potency may have dropped though.
Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by Newway2(m): 9:29am On Mar 14, 2016
I agree that potency of d neem/dongoyaro leaves might drop after soaking for 3wks. Like normal herbal tea/ "agbo", d more u change d water, d less potent it bcoms. If it does not smell like agbo again, then u nd to change d leaves & water. However, it doesn't harm/affect ur plant in any way.

What I do in my case is to soak d neem cuttings/branches in water & use d water solution together with neem oil to get good pesticidal potency for d "bad guys"

God bless our hustles.

organicfoods:
It won't, potency may have dropped though.

Obanla100:

Next time, also include d braches cuttings with d leaves to get more potency.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil by organicfoods(m): 10:14am On Apr 18, 2016
Conventional farmers that wants to go organic usually starts their pursuit using neem oil for their pesticides. Normally after mastering the use, they gradually migrate to full organic farm.The benefits of using neem oil as pesticide far out weights chemical use... apart from inherent danger of poisoning and toxicity associated with synthetic pesticides, they somehow contribute to low yields in flowering plants, by destroying beneficiary insects like bees and butterflies that are needed to pollinate flowering plants. Using synthetic pesticides on farm is likened to using an atomic bomb to destroy enemies living within our own family. We risk losing everyone...friends and enemy alike. Neem oil and its products does not kill beneficiary insect on farm. Its nature's unique way of dealing with the bad guys on our farms.

To advance yourself more on organic farm, you can read more on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3004153/resources-organic-farms

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Pepper Sack Farming / WHO WANTS BEAUTIFUL SKIN & GREAT HAIR? 08139458588 / Rice Farming: My Sweet-bitter Experience. Looking forward & Re-strategizing!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.