Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

What A Banker Did To Me Recently - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What A Banker Did To Me Recently (37796 Views)

Billionaire Banker David Rockefeller Dies Aged 101 / My Recently Opened Carwash Business. / PIX. See What Thieves Did To My Laptop / Phone Shop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Maxxxcarter(m): 11:46am On Aug 02, 2015
So I was at the bank about 2 weeks ago to withdraw some cash and trust me I needed more at the time.
So I approached this cashier and she asked
"sir withdrawal or payment? "
WITHDRAWAL PLEASE I replied quietly cause it has been raining all day.
So she instructed to make use of the POS.
So I did and she pressed some buttons on her computer
Without even saying a word to me
Dropped the money on the counter.
I felt a bit slighted but non the less I didn't really mind.
Then the miracle-i counted my money and low and behold she over paid me more than double of what I requested... Actually more than what I had in that account.
I counted again then I looked at her
She didn't even bat an eye.
From her demeanor you could tell she's had a work load filled day.

Then I said HELLO MADAME
she looked at me with those tired eyes
"yes? "
I THINK U OVER PAID ME
where the next words out of my mouth .
By now she adjusted a little and her countenance changed.
She just stared at me awestruck as I counted the balance and handed it off to her.
Then I walked out of the bank feeling better.
I know me... My conscience would prick me forever if I had looked the other way.
What point am I trying to make?
Sometimes we judge others by the way they TREAT us not really trying to understand them.
The banker probably gave me a cold shoulder cause she was exhausted...nothing personal.
If I had decided to take the money two things
1- she will be quarried which of course will appear in her report. Or
2- worse case scenario she would be sacked.
Perhaps you have been hurt by someone you adore and the only thing you think about now is REVENGE .
Things don't always work that way cause an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind .
Love is an attribute of the heart
True love isn't just showing love to those who show you love
Rather its showing it to those who don't "deserve it".
Be nice to someone today

803 Likes 99 Shares

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 02, 2015
K

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by MidnightinParis: 12:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nice one OP.

3 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Nature129(m): 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
If you didn't return the money she would look for a way to get and balance her account - that's all. It wouldn't be a big deal to her if it didn't run into hundreds of thousand.

But what you did was commendable though.

Keep it up!!!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
Thanks for your honesty bro. You'll definitely reap its fruits as well.

I usually give back the excesses to the shop owners around my area whenever they overpay me, actually, they really do overpay me a lot of times when I collect my change.

I have made it a habit not to collect any money that cannot move my life forward. Even if its millions, God will definitely repay you in multiple folds. We are now in a society where there are too many liars and thieves so any little bit of honesty gets mightily rewarded.

A good example is the airport cleaner who returned money and was honored from several sources.

82 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by ednut1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
a teller not a banker angry, she has no right to be rude to u even if she is tired cos d customer is king. ask your self. if a celeb came into d bank instead of u wud she treat him same way cos of wat u did she suddenly bcame nice. wat nonsense she must be ......

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Crieff(m): 1:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
Mighty proud of you man. Keep it up!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Pierocash(m): 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
Are u sure? am off to d bank

3 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by hardbody: 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nature129:

If you didn't return the money she would look for a way to get and balance her account - that's all. It wouldn't be a big deal to her if it didn't run into hundreds of thousand.

But what you did was commendable though.

Keep it up!!!

Dead right. Her account will not balance and she will make it up, that simple. It does not affect her job in anyway except she does not balance her account. How people treat me determine how i retaliate. If she was a lot unfriendly, i will walk away with the money. At any rate, she was supposed to count the money in my presence using the counting machine and both parties would have been sure of the amount being paid and received.

Sometimes it pays to bring people to their senses.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by bunmioguns(m): 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
angry
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by SaiBuharii: 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
Man of Integrity!

10 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by bikerboy1(m): 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2015
you only taught the banker a lesson. I hope she learnt from it anyway.

2 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by wunmi590(m): 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by tintingz(m): 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nice one OP, its good to be honest.

If you didn't let her know she over paid you she won't balance her account for that day and she may face query or use her own money to balance it.

She has no right to be rude to customers when it comes to banking but still we her humans not robots or androids, she's probably exhausted and it is not an easy job to attend to customers from 8am to 4pm then post and balance your account and go home by 10pm. lipsrsealed

Some people think they are smart or won a lotto when they walk away with the money not telling the cashier he/she over paid, they forgot that what goes around comes around like a hula-hoop.

11 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by tete7000(m): 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
You are beautiful and your heart is good.

8 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Barselonia(m): 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
Good
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by YerYer: 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
You did the right thing OP, had it been you took the extra cash and left you may end up losing 1000 times that mysteriously. Do unto others what you want others to do unto you.

8 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Demmocrats(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
Can someone send this op to my sai buhari his the type he wants for ministerial positions grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by teemy(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
hardbody:

Dead right. Her account will not balance and she will make it up, that simple. It does not affect her job in anyway except she does not balance her account. How people treat me determine how i retaliate. If she was a lot unfriendly, i will walk away with the money. At any rate, she was supposed to count the money in my presence using the counting machine and both parties would have been sure of the amount being paid and received.

Sometimes it pays to bring people to their senses.
Making it up with her own money. End result is same as if she was robbed by the customer. OP did the reasonable* and moral thing.

Maxxxcarter's forgiveness and later action puts paid to the words "Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you". It really is not hard to do.

14 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by oscarnoble(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
Pastor Chris preaching grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[size=8pt][/size] grin grin

1 Like

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Ruq: 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
R.I.P the nice guy in me.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by dave2meek(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
Waiting for the day atm will overpay me cry

3 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by condralbede(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
ok
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by afuye(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
True talk
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
Oh okay.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Otherique: 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
I don't include conductors in such gestures.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
sooo sweet of you, op. the banker wouldnt have been sacked. she would have paid back the money to the bank. you wont imagine the joy in her heart n how much blessings she would have prayed for you after she n her collegues closed to customers that day.

you would be the talk of d day n mark my words, next time you step into dat branch, you will b treated sooo nicely.

12 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Ymodulus: 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
Gtbank
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by ojnnaco(m): 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
Thrash!!!!! So what has the banker done to U?
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by youngwarlocks: 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
ok
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by 360ng: 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ok
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by omowolewa: 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
OP, on your advise am forgiving my Sweetheart now. I over counted the money meant for her saloon expenses yesterday, but she didn't return it.

SweetHeart, you are forgiven.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lessons From Innoson Vs GTBank Case Part 2 / $1 Back To ₦‎690 At Black Market / Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.