Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,147 members, 7,807,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... (3043 Views)

Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal / Opinion: I Am Christian, But I Love Wearing Hijab / A Must Read For Every Serious Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by sexaddict08(m): 11:52am On Aug 02, 2015
My roommate is surely a born-again Christian.
He Prays after waking up every morning.
He Goes to early morning service at least 3 times weekly.
He Fast along with his church presently.
He Gives glory to God in almost everything he does including all his conversations.
I've never seen him miss Sunday service for almost five months I've known him now.
What's else to prove he's heavenly minded? But he drinks, and he smokes weed. He's not a drunkard, maybe one bottle daily n he doesn't misbehave in anyway.

He smokes his weed somewhere in the compound after work everyday?
I'm not saying smoking weed is a sin but combining it with being heavenly minded is another thing. What's ur say?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by Swaggzkid: 11:53am On Aug 02, 2015
Do you want us to judge him or advice him?

Cc:Lalasticlala do something Op needs help
MODIFIED
Let me use this medium to liken things.... As my FTC was delayed since 2015 and freed ending 2017 i prophesy upon my life today! All chains in my life are broken! Locked doors are all open IJN amen!! all God's promises upon my life shall start magnifesting this year IJN amen!.

i believe i will have a testimony and a reason to thank God moore this year!.
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by priscaoge(f): 11:54am On Aug 02, 2015
Swaggzkid:
Lol....I wonder oooo

sexaddict08:

yes, judge him here only. can he make heaven smoking weed? or can he hav a good Christian life while on weed.

Like seriously u want us to Judge him? Are u perfect? Have U ever tried to advice him against his smoking habit? Have u ever prayed for him? And here u are telling us to judge him like we are God. Let he who is without sin be d first to cast d stone.
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by omojesu202(m): 12:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
hmnn...
this your roommate smokes a lot, he's addicted and finding difficult to quit even after being born again.

lalasticlala
ishilove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by sexaddict08(m): 12:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
Swaggzkid:
Do you want us to judge him or advice him?

yes, judge him here only. can he make heaven smoking weed? or can he hav a good Christian life while on weed.
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by Infomizer(m): 12:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
What makes you think the right answer is here? You wan start word war 1? Go down on your knees and ask God nao..Na him get power.

1 Like

Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
Some call it inspiration,like seriously?my uncle is a jehovah witness and a barrister and he smoke weed real good,yet he is a perfect gentleman,u won't even knw.
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by byteHead(m): 12:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
Matthew 15:11

"It is not what goes into the mouth that makes a person unclean. It is what comes out of the mouth that makes a person unclean.”

Matthew 15:17-19

"Don’t you know that everything that goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and then is expelled as waste?
But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and it is those things that make a person unclean.
It is out of the heart that evil thoughts come, as well as murder, adultery, sexual immorality, stealing, false testimony, and slander."
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by Swaggzkid: 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
Op are you really a sex addict??
Yuk! You and your friend need JESUS

Anyways have called for help•
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by Swaggzkid: 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
Op are you really a sex addict??
Yuk! You and your friend need JESUS

Anyways have called for help•
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by donholy28(m): 12:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
Then what makes him a serious born again Christian?... he's not living by example, he's just a churchgoer not a Christian
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by menesheh(m): 12:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
there is no connection between stoning and Christianity.
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by onetrack(m): 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
One of my friends is a former muslim (his family does not know this and are still muslims) and he smokes weed with the guy who gives the call to prayer in his neighborhood mosque. In addition, the imam of the same mosque comes to have sex with my friend's 70 year old auntie who stays in his house.

Hypocrisy rules the religious world.

3 Likes

Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by omasco92(m): 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
Is not only smoking weed tell him to stop or he should continue deceiving his own selve.

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
priscaoge:

Lol....I wonder oooo

Like seriously u want us to Judge him? Are u perfect? Have U ever tried to advice him against his smoking habit? Have u ever prayed for him? And here u are telling us to judge him like we are God. Let he who is without sin be d first to cast d stone.
the Lord Jesus says in matthew 5 v 48 be ye perfect even as the Father in heaven is perfect. Paul also admonished the saints to walk honest among the people so that they might have no evil thing to say of you. You people keep using the word of God which says judge not to be silent in serious matters. Sorry but its not judging. All i have to conclude is that such is roommate is hell fire bound. He might go to church, fast and pray and all those religious activities but there is no Salvation and the works of the Cross to destroy the works of devil in his life. So his roommate must repent and be genuinely born again and takes a stroll to calvary and get his knees on the Cross and confess repent and turn to Jesus. Remember only the perfect saints without stain shall see the Lord.
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
byteHead:
Matthew 15:11

"It is not what goes into the mouth that makes a person unclean. It is what comes out of the mouth that makes a person unclean.”

Matthew 15:17-19

"Don’t you know that everything that goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and then is expelled as waste?
But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and it is those things that make a person unclean.
It is out of the heart that evil thoughts come, as well as murder, adultery, sexual immorality, stealing, false testimony, and slander."
keep on handling the word of God deceitfully (2 cor. 4 vs 2) may Christ have mercy on you
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by priscaoge(f): 1:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
the Lord Jesus says in matthew 5 v 48 be ye perfect even as the Father in heaven is perfect. Paul also admonished the saints to walk honest among the people so that they might have no evil thing to say of you. You people keep using the word of God which says judge not to be silent in serious matters. Sorry but its not judging. All i have to conclude is that such is roommate is hell fire bound. He might go to church, fast and pray and all those religious activities but there is no Salvation and the works of the Cross to destroy the works of devil in his life. So his roommate must repent and be genuinely born again and takes a stroll to calvary and get his knees on the Cross and confess repent and turn to Jesus. Remember only the perfect saints without stain shall see the Lord.

So u are perfect? Congrats. You didn't answer the questions I asked him since u want to be d op here. His roommate is only a human. U might claim to be perfect but he is not so let it slide.
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by BarrElChapo(m): 1:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
Even though its not written in the bible that weed is a sin.. Any thing done that contravene's the laws of the land is a sin.. Eg under the criminal code taking or dealing with illegal substances eg marijuana is illegal... If u take or deal with it illegally, u've gone against the laws of the land.. Therefore u've sinned..

2 Likes

Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
sexaddict08:
He Gives glory to God in almost everything he does including all his conversations.
I've never seen him miss Sunday service for almost five months I've known him now.
What's else to prove he's heavenly minded? But he drinks, and he smokes weed. He's not a drunkard, maybe one bottle daily n he doesn't misbehave in anyway.

I'm not saying smoking weed is a sin but combining it with being heavenly minded is another thing. What's ur say?
2 corinthians 6 vs 15 - what does Light have to do with darkness (what does a christian have to do with drinking worldly drinks and smoking intoxicated drugs that is only reserved for the lost souls (cultist, robbers, drug dealers). He should awake from his sleep and stop deceiving his self and Christ shall give Him light

1 Like

Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by sexaddict08(m): 1:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
onetrack:
One of my friends is a former muslim (his family does not know this and are still muslims) and he smokes weed with the guy who gives the call to prayer in his neighborhood mosque. In addition, the imam of the same mosque comes to have sex with my friend's 70 year old auntie who stays in his house.

Hypocrisy rules the religious world.

nkan nbe

1 Like

Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by sexaddict08(m): 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
BarrElChapo:
Even though its not written in the bible that weed is a sin.. Any thing done that contravene's the laws of the land is a sin.. Eg under the criminal code taking or dealing with illegal substances eg marijuana is illegal... If u take or deal with it illegally, u've gone against the laws of the land.. Therefore u've sinned..

going against the law of the land does not make u a sinner. no go there abeg

1 Like

Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by BarrElChapo(m): 1:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
If it is not a sin what is it

Read this bible verse Romans 13:1-7

And don't argued blindly.. Goodluck

sexaddict08:

going against the law of the land does not make u a sinner. no go there abeg
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by sexaddict08(m): 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
BarrElChapo:
If it is not a sin what is it

Read this bible verse Romans 13:1-7

And don't argued blindly.. Goodluck

OK ,
if the law of the land says every man would marry man and woman to marry fellow women, are u going to obey the law? just yes or no
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by BarrElChapo(m): 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
We can't be hypothetical about this very dicey topic as this and for now our laws does not say that cheesy

sexaddict08:

OK ,
if the law of the land says every man would marry man and woman to marry fellow women, are u going to obey the law? just yes or no
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by Karleb(m): 3:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
I'm a serious Muslim but I eat pork everyday. Pls advice. undecided
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by sexaddict08(m): 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
BarrElChapo:
We can't be hypothetical about this very dicey topic as this and for now our laws does not say that cheesy

are men not marrying men now in USA. common, can u speak against it or not?

I no u would agree with me now
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by BarrElChapo(m): 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
I don't we are not in d US and US laws do not govern us
sexaddict08:

are men not marrying men now in USA. common, can u speak against it or not?
I no u would agree with me now
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by sexaddict08(m): 4:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
BarrElChapo:
I don't we are not in d US and US laws do not govern us

its getting boring. OK
u're arguing like people who went to college of education.
what if u're living in USA right now? if u disobey their gay right, does that make u a sinner to God? yes or no
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by goody1shoe73(m): 11:02am On Aug 04, 2015
onomeglo:
Some call it inspiration,like seriously?my uncle is a jehovah witness and a barrister and he smoke weed real good,yet he is a perfect gentleman,u won't even knw.
A Witness smking weed? Smh. He needs help
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by Tampinu(m): 2:35am On Jan 20, 2016
sexaddict08:

Does he talk about Moses seeing the "burning bush" when he smokes his burning weed?
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by Tampinu(m): 2:37am On Jan 20, 2016
menesheh:
there is no connection between stoning and Christianity.

But what about the burning bush that Moses saw, which made him take off his shoes?
Some argue that it was weed that Moses saw and it was because Moses was Irie that he realised he was in Holy Land! cool
Re: My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... by Tampinu(m): 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
sexaddict08:

He smokes weed? So? As long as the weed is not smoking him...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is God Both Male And Female? / Sheikh And The Non-believers / Speaking In Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.