Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,106 members, 7,807,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 (5540 Views)

INEC Sets Date For 2019 Presidential Election, February 16, 2019 / "Peter Obi Campaigning For 2019" Nigerians React To Peter Obi Platform Speech / INEC Announces Dates For 2019 General Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
Here are the likeliest choices for the PDP in 2019......A lot will depend on if Pres Buhari runs for a second term and his performance.
While the APC field is filled with a repertoire of candidates should Buhari not run again, the PDP is rather silent,
For now two names keep being mentioned by party powerbrokers.
Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo [/b]Of Gombe State, the heavily popular and only PDP governor who survived the APC onslaught in the core North, reputed to be one of the best performing governors the North has ever produced and was also the immediate past Accountant General Of The Federation, he holds a PhD IN Accounting and he remains the early favorite. His strong performance in Gombe which has been widely praised is his strong point, his weaknesses include his media shyness and resulting lack of name recognition nationally. This can be worked on though.
[b]Mallam Nuhu Ribadu
- Former EFCC Chairman and the party's gubernatorial candidate in Adamawa in 2015, He is said to be a leading contender for the chairmanship of the party at next year's convention with an eye on 2019, he will likely have the backing of Jonathan's group but likely not that of the governors.
For the VP Slot, Gov Peter Obi is the undisputed favorite to be running mate in 2019, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and Godswill Akpabio are also possible candidates.
A lot also depends on how the situation in the APC evolves and if certain figures most especially Senate President Bukola Saraki stays in the APC, Should Saraki move over to the PDP as is projected at some point he might also become a leading contender.
My two cents though.
Any thoughts from fellow PDP leaning Nairalanders, cc barcanista,mogidi,atlwireles,truckpusher,firefire,sunnybobo et al

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by Swaggzkid: 12:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by PPAngel(f): 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
There won't be any election in Arewastan for the next 500yrs.

Buhari will rule you till he drops and hand over to his first son Yusuf.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by kossyablaze(m): 12:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
SMARTKOSSY

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
I like Dankwambo and i've heard a lot about his performance which was why he was the only PDP governor not swept away by the Buharimania that swept the North, However he has a big problem of visibility, like Sullivan Chime, he is reclusive and refuses to advertise his modest achievements, he was a former AGF yet most nigerians don't even have an idea who he is,
Ribadu may be a political featherweight but he has that national visibility and with the right packaging that can be worked on.
For me, its Nuhu Ribadu

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by Udmaster(m): 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
Sule Lamido/ T. A Orji PDP 2019

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
YUSUF or wetin Plus that who told you Buhari is dropping!! 4 yrs- honeymoon 4 yrs- appointment 25yrs- dictatorship
Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by Atlantian: 12:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
Billyonaire
Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by Femolacaster(m): 12:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
Theodore orji (the best governor ever from SE) will be a candidate to beat then! I will vote PDP if they give him presidential ticket then.
Sai Ochendo!
:-):-x:-@%-)

EXPECTING SOME ALMAJIRIS TO QOUTE ME!

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by sunnyb0b0(m): 12:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
Atiku Abubakar. You heard it here first.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by darlingtonNYIG(m): 12:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
I don't know how you did it but this has been my position for 2019 as a PDP supporter. It is even evident on my facebook post and my blog write ups (ejeziedarlington..com) . The candidature of Dankwambo/Peter Obi or Ribadu/Peter Obi are sell able combo. You can also bring the name of Ekweremadu and Ihedioha as they both have the goodwill and charisma as VP candidate. My 2cent opinion though
Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
TheImp:
I like Dankwambo and i've heard a lot about his performance which was why he was the only PDP governor not swept away by the Buharimania that swept the North, However he has a big problem of visibility, like Sullivan Chime, he is reclusive and refuses to advertise his modest achievements, he was a former AGF yet most nigerians don't even have an idea who he is,
Ribadu may be a political featherweight but he has that national visibility and with the right packaging that can be worked on.
For me, its Nuhu Ribadu
The PDP has a strong base in the SS and SE and parts of the Middle Belt and SW, The PDP got 45% of the votes in the South West despite Jonathan's relative unpopularity over there so the focus should be on picking someone who can appeal to SWesterners and places in the Middle Belt like Plateau and Benue where the party has lost ground while also getting support in the fringe North East like Taraba and Gombe which are PDP states, thats why Dankwambo is the best option, if sold well to the SW, his performance could attract voters, Buhari's popularity will surely wane with time as is constant for all incumbents around the world,Dankwambo has the best shot for the PDP, I agree he lacks visibility but thats something that can be worked on. Plus he's well educated and smart

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by pedel: 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
There won't be PDP in 2019.

7 Likes

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
darlingtonNYIG:
I don't know how you did it but this has been my position for 2019 as a PDP supporter. It is even evident on my facebook post and my blog write ups (ejeziedarlington..com) . The candidature of Dankwambo/Peter Obi or Ribadu/Peter Obi are sell able combo. You can also bring the name of Ekweremadu and Ihedioha as they both have the goodwill and charisma as VP candidate. My 2cent opinion though
I concur, Dankwambo/Obi is the best option , two well educated technocrats with relatively clean images and good records of performance and integrity
Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by pdppower: 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2015
sunnyb0b0:
You are very right. It's Atiku Abubakar. That's why he's causing so much confusion in APC now to disorganize them

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
sunnyb0b0:
It won't be Atiku, he's banking on Buhari not going for a second term to make a bid under the APC, he believes his interests are best served under the APC. I for one don't want him to run under PDP, the party needs to reinvent itself with new faces
Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by Kingkamal(m): 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
They don't exist as now I dey enjoy light 247 in my area. Never again PDP.

10 Likes

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by LordVarys: 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
Dankwambo is a name i've been hearing a lot lately, Four years is a long time in politics and a lot is dependent on how Buhari performs though.
Dankwambo should try to get his name out during this second term, go across the country more, spend more on the media, let people hear from him, he needs visibility
Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by LordVarys: 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
TheImp:
For me, its Nuhu Ribadu
Nuhu flopped in Adamawa guber, i was disappointed, i still think the APC will hold Nigeria for the next 8 years at least, PDP should focus on reinventing herself towards 2023 not 2019 and maybe gain some key governorships outside its base of SS and SE, for example i doubt PDP will retain Kogi next year, they should focus on that and also holding Ondo also and maybe getting Edo back then i'll consider them serious. It'll be hard but i think they have a very good chance in Edo with Ize Iyamu and maybe Ondo too...Kogi looks lost but who knows,

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by gratiaeo(m): 1:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
Any PDP candidate will surely defeat APC come 2019. PDP need restructuring before then thou
Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by TheUmmah: 1:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
grin
Pdp candidate? Unless some of dem feel like wasting money on an exercise in futility! Nigerians are tired of that party and its expired old politicans plus its misguided ideology! Maybe after 8 years!

9 Likes

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
LordVarys:

Nuhu flopped in Adamawa guber, i was disappointed, i still think the APC will hold Nigeria for the next 8 years at least, PDP should focus on reinventing herself towards 2023 not 2019 and maybe gain some key governorships outside its base of SS and SE, for example i doubt PDP will retain Kogi next year, they should focus on that and also holding Ondo also and maybe getting Edo back then i'll consider them serious. It'll be hard but i think they have a very good chance in Edo with Ize Iyamu and maybe Ondo too...Kogi looks lost but who knows,
Valid points you raised, PDP can retain Kogi if as expected the APC splinters over the ticket, Audu or Abatemi Usman. Edo is in my opinion joining the PDP as the elections earlier in the year showed, forget the slight comeback by APC in the House Of Assembly elections, PDP has Edo next year. Ondo however is likely to fall to the APC, Gov Mimiko's popularity has nosedived especially with civil servants
Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by sheymoni(m): 1:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
There won't be pdp in 2019 so there's no point thinking on who will be their flag bearer. Pdp is dead & buried
R.I.P pdp

9 Likes

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by LordVarys: 1:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
SenseiX:

Valid points you raised, PDP can retain Kogi if as expected the APC splinters over the ticket, Audu or Abatemi Usman. Edo is in my opinion joining the PDP as the elections earlier in the year showed, forget the slight comeback by APC in the House Of Assembly elections, PDP has Edo next year. Ondo however is likely to fall to the APC, Gov Mimiko's popularity has nosedived especially with civil servants
Like I said earlier, 4 years is a long time in politics
Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by Ghandi12: 1:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
How come no one is mentioning Bukola Saraki?

Please someone should please bring Ribadu back into the Buhari's fold - this is where he belongs and we need his expertise.

Atiku Abubakar or Bukola Saraki will make a perfect choice for PDP in 2019. Both men have natural PDP traits for excellence.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by kokoA(m): 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
PDP is dead.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by hinwazaka: 1:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
For the gullible many who believe the APC will lead for the next 8 to 16 years, sorry to ruin your parade, but truth is they will not survive beyond 2017. Riots and mayhem will swallow them up and early elections will be conducted. The cream of their membership will be thrown into jail or worse executed for war crimes. Nigerian's will have no other option than to crawl back to the PDP.
As for the candidate the PDP will present, that is left to the womb of time. Though the PDP will likely go with a Akpabio/ Mimiko ticket. There is no way in hell the PDP will field another northern candidate till after a southern 8 year presidency. As for sympathisers of Atiku, forget about it. Atiku is a tool being used by the PDP to eat the APC from the inside. He is a tool, nothing more. The same goes for Saraki
After their usefulness, they will be dropped, period
Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by nwadiuko1(m): 1:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
Udmaster:
Sule Lamido/ T. A Orji PDP 2019
TA wetin? No lemme bite you abeg

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by Angeltoyo(f): 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
Bukola Saraki/ peter Obi
Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by gists: 2:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
looking through my crystal balls, I can see Jagaban, Iberu PinDiPi Tinubu as the sole concesus candidate of PDP grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019 by MyMouth(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
SSGUniport:
How old are you? 10 Years old I guess...

You know nothing about your country's National Politics.

Akpabio/Mimiko Indeed!

Don't mind the drunk!
Two Christians!
Two southerns!
Smh

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FULL PROFILE: Senator Aisha J. Al-hassan,nigeria's First Female Elected Governor / Gov. Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Multiple Projects In IMT Enugu / Is Sen Adeleke Igbo Or Married Igbo Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.