Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,158 members, 7,807,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? (46672 Views)

Zimbabwean Prophet Pays Man & Woman To Fake Getting Stuck During Sex / Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses / "Apostle Suleman Uses His Tongue On Me During Sex Before Preaching" - Otobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by igboboy3(m): 3:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
[size=15pt] I don't think it is charitable to have this thread on the frontpage. Freedom of speech is not a freedom to assault religious sensitivity. It's discourteous [/size]

Nobody would ever make an inane and folly-laden post like this:

"Is It Wrong to call the name of Mohammed during sex?"

cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
Gurgle:

No another person did, I was calling him
shocked why quote me then
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by Gurgle(f): 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

shocked why quote me then

Ok

you replied to me, and I would have continued arguing, if not for the guy that I was calling. That's why I said he saved me
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by prospero15(m): 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
Who are u 2 shout his name??..shout d name of ur village jooor..z dat a problem wit Christians?? Does a Muslims shout dat 2??..well shouting his name during rape should it also b counted as sin??
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
Gurgle:

Ok

you replied to me, and I would have continued arguing, if not for the guy that I was calling. That's why I said he saved me
Aiit, case dismissed then.
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by tpiander: 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
prospero15:
Who are u 2 shout his name??..shout d name of ur village jooor..z dat a problem wit Christians?? Does a Muslims shout dat 2??..well shouting his name during rape should it also b counted as sin??

dont make the thread about rape, sex is not synonymous to r.ape so stop mixing the two intentionally.

open a different thread if rape is all you think about, dont derail this one.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by Gurgle(f): 4:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
igboboy3:
[size=15pt] I don't think it is charitable to have this thread on the frontpage. Freedom of speech is not a freedom to assault religious sensitivity. It's discourteous [/size]

Nobody would ever make an inane and folly-laden post like this:

"Is It Wrong to call the name of Mohammed during sex?"

cool

does anybody ever call Mohammad though?

Ive never heard of it, so maybe there is no need for a thread like that
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by Seriallinks(m): 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
sukkot:
greetings bro, ahh see you are finding it hard to break free from the traditional teaching but i understand. it is not meant for everyone to understand this. for example, I am sure we all know that adam is written about like he is a single man who married a woman called eve. right ? in reality adam is a nation of people and not one man. thats how the bible is written. no names represent single people.

genesis 5 vs 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created <<THEIR NAME WAS CALLED ADAM. ADAM IS A NATION OF PEOPLE. JUST AS EVERY NAME IN THE BIBLE IS A COVER-NAME FOR GROUPS AND NATIONS OF PEOPLE. BIBLE IS NOT ABOUT SINGLE PEOPLE. NO HUMAN BEING IS THAT IMPORTANT. REMEMBER THAT. ITS THE STORY OF THE WORLD WRITTEN IN ALLEGORY

I understand you very well brah; many of the things written in the old testament were shadows of things to come...more like a movie programmed by Yahweh himself... apart from the parables used by Jesus Christ in his teachings, most of the stories written in the Bible were actual events and shadows of things to come; it's not as if the characters of the Bible's old and new testament never existed. You are interpreting it all wrong brah! That's my point....

I have a personal relationship with the Holy spirit of Yahweh; fasted and prayed over these things and the mysteries were revealed to me...I'm not trying to correct you by my own understanding but by the "TRUTH" of God through revelations by His Holy spirit. When you don't seek spiritual understanding in situations like these? You will err...No one knows all the mysteries of God but if you seek diligently, you will be illuminated! You don't just jump to conclusion by assumption bah. And why didn't you address or counter-argue the scripture I quoted?

Well, we've gone through this too many times..whatever works for you brah!
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
Gurgle:
its wrong to call it in any circumstance, unless youre praising Him, referring to him in discussion or speaking to him in prayer
Why should you be praising another man? The only one worthy of praise is the Almighty.
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by Gurgle(f): 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
Why should you be praising another man? The only one worthy of praise is the Almighty.

?

Are you a muslim?
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
Gurgle:
its wrong to call it in any circumstance, unless youre praising Him, referring to Him in discussion or speaking to Him in prayer. Or just any other reasonable statement

Me i don't know if it's right or not, but i do it alot........ especially when i see the calculation of my salary and how much is left after taxes.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
Moz22:
is it Jesus u are referring to as "it" Gerrara hia mehn sheeeeet!
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by Gurgle(f): 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
pcguru1:

Me i don't know if it's right or not, but i do it alot........ especially when i see the calculation of my salary and how much is left after taxes.

yeah that's what im talking about. when we use the name as a swear or curse word that's wrong

So when people do it during sex its wrong as well
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by sukkot: 4:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
Seriallinks:

I understand you very well brah; many of the things written in the old testament were shadows of things to come...more like a movie programmed by Yahweh himself... apart from the parables used by Jesus Christ in his teachings, most of the stories written in the Bible were actual events and shadows of things to come; it's not as if the characters of the Bible's old and new testament never existed. You are interpreting it all wrong brah! That's my point....

I have a personal relationship with the Holy spirit of Yahweh; fasted and prayed over these things and the mysteries were revealed to me...I'm not trying to correct you by my own understanding but by the "TRUTH" of God through revelations by His Holy spirit. When you don't seek spiritual understanding in situations like these? You will err...No one knows all the mysteries of God but if you seek diligently, you will be illuminated! You don't just jump to conclusion by assumption bah. And why didn't you address or counter-argue the scripture I quoted?

Well, we've gone through this too many times..whatever works for you brah!
my Bro, there are several levels and layers of understanding the bible, lets just agree that we are on different levels of understanding. i showed you where adam is called THEY, meaning its a nation or a group, and then there are places where adam is referred to as a HE. i also showed you were christ is referred to as PLURAL and in some verses he is called SINGULAR. so trust me when i tell you the bible has depths, and the LORD has some people swimming in shallow water and some swimming in deep water. its a gift. you will get the understanding that suits your gift for the kingdom. its a body of christ with several functioning parts. trust ya weekend is going nice sha. wink wink
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by prospero15(m): 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
tpiander:

dont make the thread about rape, sex is not synonymous to r.ape so stop mixing the two intentionally.

open a different thread if rape is all you think about, dont derail this one.

Hello?? I guess u had a problem reading dat..if u probably didn't like d question why dnt u make it a rhetoric one..and wot's with "thinking abt rape"..I reserve my comment concerning dat
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by AdeniyiA(m): 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2015
A man of God once said Angels are disappointed when they appear to act whenever Jesus' name is called but to find out He's being called for nonsense reasons like cutting cakes, mosquito bites, cuts etc
More reasons many people called the without effect... but the word of God is always true as shown in these verses ...
Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by tpiander: 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
MistaHumble:
When you are married, it isn't bad depending on how your are calling it. I know a man of God who said him and his wife prays sometimes while they are making love.

I guess its bad when you are fornication and calling the name in vain.

Yes people should stop calling sex between married couples fornication.

thats a satanic viewpoint because satan rebels against anything Christian or godly.
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by Vivipop(f): 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
Sex is gradually becoming synonymous with the word sin. If men were God...
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by Lex11(m): 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
Silly question!
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by Temysteve(m): 4:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
Gurgle:

yeah. you know what I mean

I mean we shouldn't call it without good reason
is dat 1 not reason enough?
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by Gurgle(f): 4:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
Temysteve:
is dat 1 not reason enough?

Nope
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by walemadu: 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
even when prophet mohammed dey mess him go shout Jesus.
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
The name of God should be called during 'lovemaking' when you're married, at least you can make it a prayer to conceive like moaning 'Lord Jesus take control ' grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by davidque007(m): 5:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Just asking.

Your moniker says volumes about you and now u are asking a senseless question. The state of your heart determines if it would be a sin or not,but with a profile name as yours am sure you want to know if you can call the name while you fornicate.
What a waste Of time
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by davidque007(m): 5:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
LaDivva:
The name of God should be called during 'lovemaking' when you're married, at least you can make it a prayer to conceive like moaning 'Lord Jesus take control ' grin

Damn I just had to laugh@ur comment,but u do have a point. The OP asked cos he wants to fornicate with God's name but a married man can use it in some instance .
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by goshen26: 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
If during marriage no boggy!
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by hahn(m): 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
frosbel:

I know and agree, but still we should respect other people's faith even though we have grounds for disagreement. Intellectual/academic debates are okay but outright insults and ridicule is a step in the wrong direction.

To be fair , Christians open multiple articles in the religious section to insult and abuse Muslims which I also think is wrong. We can argue without resorting to gutter behaviour.

I agree. Totally

But as you can notice, christians are having a field day making fun of their own belief
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by freecocoa(f): 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
Gurgle:

But do you acknowledge that when we use the word "Jesus", we have a particular fellow in mind, unless we state otherwise?

Millions of people around the world share the same name. When you call or discuss John, you only mean the John youre talking about, not the one in Australia.

I don't get why all this quoting Corinthians is necessary when you know that calling Jesus Christ, the chap who was crucified on the cross, for no real reason, must be wrong
He is simply telling you that the name "jesus christ" is not a person's name, so whoever you think you refer to when you say the name, is an error, how hard can thatbe to understand?
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by IYANGBALI: 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
Manuelson:

What of in times of trouble..
especially when the pvssy is on fire grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
if u are accustomed to calling Jesus in every little thing den surely u may do same during d act

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State?
Do you relish the desire to own your own
business with little start up capital and promising
returns in investment?
Do you hope to look into the mirror each
morning and know you are talking to the boss?
Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be?
Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the
box?
Then call or add me up on whatsapp
You will be glad you did
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by tpiander: 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
No aluu plz.
Re: Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? by IYANGBALI: 5:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Gurgle:

does anybody ever call Mohammad though?

Ive never heard of it, so maybe there is no need for a thread like that
the name mohammed is too mouthful moreover it is not romantic jo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Good Occult Fraternities / General Overseer & Wife Fight Dirty Over Church Ownership, Wife Floors Hubby / ā€˜iā€™m NOT JESUS!ā€ - The Man Who Walked Through The Streets Of Nairobi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.