Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:08 PM

The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria (236988 Views)

HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment / MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. / The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
LBTY:

Lmao vivly is vexing seriously for chowlade.. Chowlade, your English though!! Such an eyesore.. Biko what school did/do you attend?
Correct my errors if u cant then your grammars will be much worst in comparison to mine ma beside, i can see errors i cannot commit on your previous posts.
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by favourmic(m): 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
Donpizzle:

its nt just bout money making?? Good qualification also stands out. Infact, if i had enuff money i wuld hv done my masters in MASSACHUSETTS university(usa/canada) where it costs 26million naira.
GOOD UNIVERSITY
GOOD QUALIFICATION
HIGH CHANCE OF GOOD INCOME.my opinion.

Then who cares about the qualification? Wise up and open your eyes
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by favourmic(m): 8:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
Donpizzle:

its nt just bout money making?? Good qualification also stands out. Infact, if i had enuff money i wuld hv done my masters in MASSACHUSETTS university(usa/canada) where it costs 26million naira.
GOOD UNIVERSITY
GOOD QUALIFICATION
HIGH CHANCE OF GOOD INCOME.my opinion.

Then who cares about the qualification? Wise up and open your eyes, may dangote went to 30million school before making all his money or bill gate guys it's up to you do what ever you want it's your life not mine

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by victor247: 8:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
missdre:

mail me pls or Berra still drop ur contact
ok thanks
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by victor247: 8:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
missdre:

mail me pls or Berra still drop ur contact
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by LBTY(f): 8:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
chowlade:

Correct my errors if u cant then your grammars will be much worst in comparison to mine ma beside, i can see errors i cannot commit on your previous posts.

Lol kiss
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by lucompton: 8:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Lies, bullshit and nothing but bullshit! Now let me dissect the OP's point one after the other. So? Who needs NYSC in the first place. Many can argue that the programme is a complete waste of time which could be put into better use either going for a Masters, acquiring required professional experience or learning some necessary vocational training that would better aid your hustling once you are done with school. In fact, our friends that didn't partake in the so called NYSC seem to be better off than us as they had a year start over we that went for service
Then why do students of other schools cause riots at any single opportunity available to them if not for the same reason you are pointing out here. Corruption is rife in almost every educational institution in this country, I see no reason why you are singling NOUN out as if others are Saint and they (NOUN) are the inventor of sin. So 500 students cramped in one class like sardine is any better? undecided stop pointing accusing fingers if you ain't holy yourself. Same old bullshit another big fat lie! Believe me when I tell you this, no other institution in this country have students with experience than NOUN. In fact the school was created for those with experience. That's what it stands for, that's what it is. I am a graduate of one of the conventional universities and till today I am yet to collect a dime for 3 months hard labor I put in industrial Training 5 years ago. Lies! Materials are readily available in the school, dunno where you are getting this junk from.complete baloney!
Still trying to comprehend what this crap means? Come back with a better write-up once you have done a better research and you fully understand what the school stands for.

Friedplantain
NICE ONE I BEG TELL DEM,I LOVE DAT,DAT SERVES DEM RIGHT

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Tripleclick(m): 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
Donpizzle:

bitterness for what?? I AM A FUTO GRADUATE... I only said d fact.i wuldn't advise my enemy to school in NOUN(crap).
we are stil saying the same tin '' BITTERNESS'' AND ''FRUSTRATION'' ,MAYB U STAYED 4YEASR @ HOME B4 GTN ADMISION, ONLY TO SEE A SCHOOL GIVING ADMISSION WITH ''O'' LEVEL ,, AND U R FEELING BAD, YU SURE U GT WORK?

4 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by tonididdy(m): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
Truth be told that school is a NO NO NO for me.

No proper classes or lectures...their students are too idle thus involve in smoking or prostitution or causing nuisance, galavanting the streets aimlessly.
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by DonWonder247: 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
toopsy22:
OP,, you forgot to add that Noun is currently fighting Nigerian law school... for not admitting their law students..

http://www.punchng.com/education/confusion-as-law-school-shuts-door-against-noun-students/
The conventional Universities had experienced it before. Not only NOUN.

2 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by UncleSnr(m): 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
I have a friend writing projects for people(conventional university students') using NOUN study material downloaded from their website.

4 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Tripleclick(m): 8:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
tonididdy:

No proper classes or lectures...their students are too idle thus involve in smoking or prostitution or causing nuisance, galavanting the streets aimlessly.
yes and all the other schools have st,micheals and virgin angel and who is begging you to enter d school?? Gt anoda point and u look for work that pays to be bitter

2 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by DonWonder247: 8:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
tonididdy:

You sense is limited to only NOUN students, you see nothing wrong with other conventional University student. Would u tell me that you hav neva seen a member of d NYSC who cannot speak simple and correct English Language?

NOUN LAW DEGREE PROGRAM is duly accredited by d NUC and NOUNITES are totally unique.
Make more research or ask GOOGLE u will know that NOUN LAW STUDENT emerged first in 2013 competition between all law faculties of Nigeria University, NOUN LAW STUDENT emerged best,among other achievements.

2 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by EGideonal24: 8:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
chowlade:
[b]1. National Open University has been barred from the compulsory National youth Service Scheme due to not meeting up with N.U.C Specifications.

2. B.S.C Nursing in National Open university of Nigeria has been withdrawn

3. B.S.C Community health and extension worker has been changed to public health has instructed by the NUC

4. There Is Endemic Corruption In The National Open University Of Nigeria fees Charges due to the E-payment of School fees.

5. NOUN Centers across the country are the worst educational environment you can ever think of in the country that an average primary school is better off

6. NOUN student doesn't participate in the compulsory NYSC

7. NOUN student are less Employed on the field due to lack of experience

8. NOUN student are not paid the stipulated N10000 0r 15000 after industrial attachment.

9. Students do not attend lectures in Noun, they only read their course materials which are not always readily available for collection in their School library

10. Young NOUN Students are easily turn into destitute. My neighbors that are studying in NOUN, Smoke Weed/Cigarette, Alcohol, Womanize e.t.c till they eventually graduate.

11.NOUN Student are not researchers.

12 T.M.A (Tutor marked Assignment) portal has been hacked, students go directly there to collect readily available answers for test and examination, thereby enabling student to no longer need to study for TMA to get 30/30 in the Tutor marked assignment cause it is share, for sale e.t.c amongst themselves of which same Exposed TMA are to be repeated again in their examination.

13. NOUN is not on Nigeria university rankings according to the best institution in Nigeria. so therefore not competing with the conventional universities

14. There is total confusion in the System

15 Student union is totally forbidden in the tertiary institution

Add yours

In short, the National Open University Of Nigeria is the worst Tertiary Institution anywhere across the globe. I will therefore strongly urge the National University commission to Look into the System of this tertiary institution and removed the institution out of the existing educational system in Nigeria.
[/b]

b
chowlade:
[b]1. National Open University has been barred from the compulsory National youth Service Scheme due to not meeting up with N.U.C Specifications.

3. B.S.C Community health and extension worker has been changed to public health has instructed by the NUC

4. There Is Endemic Corruption In The National Open University Of Nigeria fees Charges due to the E-payment of School fees.

5. NOUN Centers across the country are the worst educational environment you can ever think of in the country that an average primary school is better off

8. NOUN student are not paid the stipulated N10000 0r 15000 after industrial attachment.

9. Students do not attend lectures in Noun, they only read their course materials which are not always readily available for collection in their School library

10. Young NOUN Students are easily turn into destitute. My neighbors that are studying in NOUN, Smoke Weed/Cigarette, Alcohol, Womanize e.t.c till they eventually graduate.

12 T.M.A (Tutor marked Assignment) portal has been hacked, students go directly there to collect readily available answers for test and examination, thereby enabling student to no longer need to study for TMA to get 30/30 in the Tutor marked assignment cause it is share, for sale e.t.c amongst themselves of which same Exposed TMA are to be repeated again in their examination.

13. NOUN is not on Nigeria university rankings according to the best institution in Nigeria. so therefore not competing with the conventional universities

Add yours

In short, the National Open University Of Nigeria is the worst Tertiary Institution anywhere across the globe. I will therefore strongly urge the National University commission to Look into the System of this tertiary institution and removed the institution out of the existing educational system in Nigeria.
[/b]

b
chowlade:

Add yours

[/b]

RUBBISH
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by tobnical(m): 8:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
I just completed my post-graduate programme in NOUN. My thesis was supervised by a lecturer with PHD from FUTA.

My Topic was changed twice. I did a very tough research work and was eventually awarded a distinction by the lecturer. NOUN students thesis and project work are being supervised by qualified lecturers from federal universities. Those lecturers can attest to the quality of NOUN graduates

NOUN is not the school for lazy people. Thousands of students in NOUN absconded when they saw the rigour, discipline and the seriousness of NOUN. When i was pursuing my BSC programme in a conventional university, i did less reading compare to that of my post-graduate programme in NOUN.

So many graduates of NOUN are admitted into conventional universities for their masters and PHD. I have personally introduced NOUN to so many people. If you are not there, you can never know what it entails.

4 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by tonididdy(m): 9:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
Tripleclick:
yes and all the other schools have st,micheals and virgin angel and who is begging you to enter d school?? Gt anoda point and u look for work that pays to be bitter
u know everybody with his or her taste bud, as for me NO NO...its not even an option.

I know, infact all my neighbours in my area are Noun students so I knnow what am saying.
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by tonididdy(m): 9:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
DonWonder247:
You sense is limited to only NOUN students, you see nothing wrong with other conventional University student. Would u tell me that you hav neva seen a member of d NYSC who cannot speak simple and correct English Language?

NOUN LAW DEGREE PROGRAM is duly accredited by d NUC and NOUNITES are totally unique.
Make more research or ask GOOGLE u will know that NOUN LAW STUDENT emerged first in 2013 competition between all law faculties of Nigeria University, NOUN LAW STUDENT emerged best,among other achievements.
my point is nothing like Fulltime studies in a school campus ,hostel and environs.

*at the back of your mind...u know say nor be school u dey go na*, so make we quit all this argument
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by adeniyia33(m): 9:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
Yeah, I am.a student of NOUN and I can tell u all points mentioned against d school were correct.

I joined d school cos I av a work that wouldn't allow me have additnal cert due to engagements in d office.

I am a restless person with taste for quality in all I do

But alas, after I gained admission into NOUN, I found out it was a jamboree.

Imagine, I paid for course material which.d school told me was not available after collecting my money and asked me to print d materials from d skul.site using my own fund again....Double wahala

Same.thing is currently happening to a friend of mine as I punch ds bottons.

Having said d above, the skul has good IT stuff deployed during exams, and quality well explained material (u av to print some wt ur money) too.

There is also ds senario of poor study centres around, no good room for students, workers act like they are running a private college.

Finally, either I serve or not, I can bet it I av a good job u can think of. So, ur skul has a.lesser. correlatn wt d kind of job u are securg at d end.

For a.willing mind, there is always a way out..so, success is not attached to certificate but we only need to brace up and feel along.

Thanks for ds good thread

dnysamuel@yahoo.com
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by harsysky(m): 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
Op, U should have written better ways to improve ur country, showing ways to reduce unemployment etc with what u've learnt so far from ur quality university. School can't make you money, hope you know that? Some NOUN students have gotten their degree and are doing something great for themselves. I've not seen the four falls of NOUN but the school I graduated from, people womanized, smoked and did all sorts of things one cannot imagine, even ur so called school. As for NYSC, Tis a total waste!

4 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Tripleclick(m): 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
tonididdy:
u know everybody with his or her taste bud, as for me NO NO...its not even an option.

I know, infact all my neighbours in my area are Noun students so I knnow what am saying.
continur writing jamb and utme ,when u stay more 4years @ home,, u watch become a graduate

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by uppa(m): 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
chowlade:

the matured ones that has already gotting job before they are giving the school admission right?
dont just stay in your shit hole and you start throwing tantrum. I did my pgd info tech in NOUN and I got a job wit dat same certificate, so I dont even know wht you talking about.

2 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by EzeeYFB(m): 9:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
chowlade:

course materials? you will pay 3000 and 2500 for course materials yet, you still go to your e-portal to download soft copy and print at exorbitant fees.
what are you talking about?
abi ur school don gv u ur own ni,NOUN make ur study frm anywer, I fit dey somewhere wif my mobile gadgets n do some study, they are thinking about the future ryt nw,where education is no limited to d four walls of a classroom, instruction videos follow dey guun.
na wa for u ooo still jonzing
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by DonWonder247: 9:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
chowlade:

course materials? you will pay 3000 and 2500 for course materials yet, you still go to your e-portal to download soft copy and print at exorbitant fees.
what are you talking about?
My dear, YOUR GRAMMAR IS WATERY, go and improve on your grammar skills because ppl hav already complained about that before u point any dirty finger at NOUN. This gave me an insight that you might be one of d drop-out of NOUN as their is no room for buying marks with "Tot...." from lecturers.
grin

2 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by oluwafemi89(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
scarr:

can't you make your point without calling names

Guess it's your school
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by kossyablaze(m): 9:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
airex:
bros u too much as u want make e pain chelshit fans
lolzzz

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Aslawish(m): 9:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
chowlade:

Add yours

[/b]

Go for more research. National Open University of Nigeria is the only school doing part time studies among Nigeria Universities. The school is meant for worker who could not attend morning classes or those who their parent could not afford to pay thier fees. In the history of NYSC part time school are not qualify for the programme.
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Vicben(m): 10:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
Onijagidijagan:
The school is just to collect money from student and award certificate. all d Student i know in my area too Smokes weed and fight always, their females just getting pregnant anyhow.
Shame on the school.
I don't really get your point. Are you insinuating the school encourages social vices and promote wrong societal values? If so then i doubt. Check out the conventional universities where their female students are involved in the biz called 'runs' and their male counterparts are into cultism. You sound like you've never been onto the campus of a conventional uni nor their off camp quarters
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Mykelpato(m): 11:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
chowlade:

i don't want to mention studies centers you will be very sorry for Nigeria educational system

grin lol they're always drinking and smoking in those bars in front of the school. In collaboration with the drums and noise from the Kegite club's gyrations.

The female students will be loitering at nights at Ezi Icheke junction looking for who to buy them take away foods. Lol I tire sha

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Gloryblossom(f): 11:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
Am happy and proud to be a NOUNITES.what u know is hard
to leave you,some conventional student in my area can't
even stand me to defend theirself when it comes to
academics.even after teachin n tutourin them they won't still
read,Nou will always make u read d hell outta ur brain,u do
research urself,no time for bribery.I wasted four years in
ABSU for notin.am happy i found Nou,if u don't read you are
on your own,and there questions are bomb,u can't believe
my course is a faculty but in other schools is not u will just
have to study a course under it,but am doing all the courses
under one faculty,that's makin me more expose to other
fields and knowing them as well,which is an advantage for
me I can work anywere.to study 12 dicipline under a faculty
no b moimoi,is rare and proud am doin it.even my dad as a
graduate of civil can't even stand my course,if he knew he
would have come to NOU that was his words.that some student choose to live there own way of life is in all uni ther is no uni u wount find prostitude.weed smokers,drunkers even cultism,so was d point.u that hav graduated from convention uni aw far w@ do u hav to show for it,is rare to see a nou student that's not working,is even rare to have ist class in nou,even d second class upper knows aw far,u guys just hear sometin n conclude,my cousin dropped last semester blc she was to lazy to read n had F,E,D all through ,now she's regretin why she dint read.Nursin has bin accrediated don't carry force news wen u don't know whatsup.u guys see Nou as common just try n come then u will understand the jungle.don't conclude a book by it cover.for those of u waiting for jamb next year blc of what u Had d@ u r yet to know abt noun I pity u.and mind you
NYSC has been finalize.so NOU are going for NYSC,for tomos
in d house keep struglin for jamb u will understand after
3years @ home.I am a proud Nounite.

2 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Gloryblossom(f): 12:01am On Aug 03, 2015
Donpizzle:

bitterness for what?? I AM A FUTO GRADUATE... I only said d fact.i wuldn't advise my enemy to school in NOUN(crap).
even ur sch is crap.I av graduates from there n notin to show for all they learnt nonsense.all home strugglin like maloooo.say for urseld n were u r not for others.

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Gloryblossom(f): 12:14am On Aug 03, 2015
kendological:
Must ignorant people claim knowledge?? I am a proud final year law student of the National Open University of Nigeria, that school really a pillar of excellence. What does the poster mean by corruption. Is it the bribery and exam Mal practice in the conventional schools you want for us? Or is it the cultism and thuggery? Talking about experience, 95 percent of us are employed, about 40 percent of us are entrepreneurs and and self employed. I have never given anyone any money since I was admitted, I pay online like everyone else, no extortion. Please stop displaying your ignorance and arrogance.
kindly make it loud so that he can hear u.ppl always talkin trash.tnks for this

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 / Ahmadu Bello University (A B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.