Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady (1645 Views)

My Girlfriend Is Using Another Guy To Play Games With Me / Dwarf Couple Wed In Ebonyi At Catholic Church (Photos) / When A Guy Wants To Marry An Imo State Girl(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by sydney440(m): 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
Pls this is really happening to me, I want my friends in nairaland to help me with there candid advice, there is this girl l fall in love with and I really want to settle down with her. I have introduced her to my people especially my mum, and she tried introduced me to her people but the problem her is her dad who is a strong hold in assemblies of God told her that it is not GOING to work because am a catholic, the girl is very confused and me too too I don't know what to do and really want her to be my wife as am planing to do everything next years, pks my friends your candid advice is needed in this situation and I will appreciate it thanks...
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Paschal001: 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by psucc(m): 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
Absolutely No.
The bond of marriage is love and if that is available between you, then go on.
Remember to give your life to Christ for in Him your marriage will be fulfilled.
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Abugab(m): 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
Aren't they Christians anymore?
Why divide the body of Christ with congregations?
Is Catholic and Assemblies not serving the same God through Christ?
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Juxtified(m): 7:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
Let me get this straight: u're asking if its a taboo for two christians to marry?
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nothing wrong... What i see is the girl's father having issues with your denomination.
Its going to work bro..her father won't marry her, so remove all doubts from ur head.. Just make sure you guys have an understanding and really love each other. Wish you the best in your marriage
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by phransixca(f): 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
It is not a taboo. Its jus her dad feels u wont leave ur Catholic faith nd join theirs And they are not ready to let their ward become a Catholic. So d decision is 4 u to make. Either u join dem or try to convince dem.
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by IamLEGEND1: 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
So now
upon all the problems we get to contemplate on for 9ja.......
another person own na to prevent him daughter from marrying a catholic.
we don graduate from
"NO INTER-ETHNIC MARRIAGES"
to "No INTER-DENOMINATIONAL MARRIAGES".
#WicWayNa?
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by sydney440(m): 7:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
I thank everyone this has been given me sleepless night
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Cutehector(m): 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
Pls instead of dis issue of church to bring a problem to marriages, wen dey both get married in d man's church, let d wife go to her own church on sundays and d man go to his.. Nonsense
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2015
My brother sorry o!

Its not the church,its the girl's father who has issues with your denomination.

I'm an AG brought up I know they have too many doctrines but not this,as long as the person is a christain(born again) even though they hold their young girls very tight and frown when someone from another denomination comes to marry them.

But that's their issue sha! Any girl Wey ready go marry go,them know say my head strong too. cheesy
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Jayjay0(m): 9:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
Her father very silly..
Arw they having different God?
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
Religion doing more harm than good.
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
Honestly nairaland is now becoming an assembling ground for nitwits, I mean what kind of question is this? You can equally ask whether is wrong for you guys to have kids if you are from different christian denominations
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Cmanforall: 10:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
sydney440:
Pls this is really happening to me, I want my friends in nairaland to help me with there candid advice, there is this girl l fall in love with and I really want to settle down with her. I have introduced her to my people especially my mum, and she tried introduced me to her people but the problem her is her dad who is a strong hold in assemblies of God told her that it is not GOING to work because am a catholic, the girl is very confused and me too too I don't know what to do and really want her to be my wife as am planing to do everything next years, pks my friends your candid advice is needed in this situation and I will appreciate it thanks...

I absolutely understand you.

I will like the Assembly of God brethren to clear this.
a lady (an Assembly gal) once told me, if he's Catholic, my people will Never agree.

I will also like to know y they single out Catholics.

Deeper Life people should comment too....
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Cmanforall: 10:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
sydney440:

My candid advice is for parents to avoid using denominations to alter the love of their children.

Pray the father soft pedals. You can also seek his reasons for rejecting you as a Catholic.

All the Best.
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2015

Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by kokoA(m): 10:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
Her father needs a good slap to reconfigure his brain.
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
My brother this is a battle you must fight cos if you don't I don't think you will forgive yourself
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
My dear, just pray to God to touch her dad's heart. I'm an AG brought up too and my dad has already made it loud and clear that he won't support any of his daughters to marry from a non pentecostal church. My elder sister insisted on the love of her life, I no get wahala shaa coz my fiance is AG as well.
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by teddybear007(f): 8:19am On Aug 03, 2015
This is a cross u must carry alone, now u both needs to go down on ur knees and ask for God’s intervention, and if everything works out well, na GODWIN. Gracias
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by wordbank(m): 8:26am On Aug 03, 2015
Some peeps don't ask themselves some shitty questions they spew here
This is not Dumpingland for fucck sake
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Penssuwa(m): 10:46am On Aug 03, 2015
I'm a catholic and I'm prepared to marry from Deeper Life, Assemblies etc. It seems you dont know what marriage is. Rules are made to serve man, not man to serve rules (if there is such rules). Anybody that discriminates is not a believer, because Christ's central message is love and salvation. Unfortunately, many churches have steered away from the two, catholic not an exception.
NB, only me and God decide who I take as wife. Any thing from any other person is merely advisory, except they will join me when i say "in weakness and in health, till death do us part".
Re: Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady by Richy4(m): 11:33am On Aug 03, 2015
Tell his father to give his life to christ...

In heaven there is no denomination. There should not be a division between the children of God. Ask him if there was an assembly of God in heaven or Catholic church in heaven.

We are all children of God here on earth representing the host of the heavenly beens here on earth. Refer him to revelation chp. 7 vs 9-10.
The great multitude we read about and we gonna join one day where not from assemblies of God church alone. It is a combination.........

How dare he

(1) (Reply)

Signs To Know If Your Partner Truly Loves You / Is Your Spouse Cheating? 10 Tech Clues That Give Them Away; Nyamedeathspells@gma / Things All Men Are Guilty Of So Please Ladies, Stop Complaining!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.