Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) (56142 Views)

Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War / Buhari With His Friends During The Civil War In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / A Place Saved From Erosion In Anambra: Before And After Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by nwaanambra1(m): 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
Tripleclick:
na my bro...dis ppl wicked..jonathan no try at all..yaradua was deepenin dat river before he died and jonathan abadoned it

Eziokwu bu ndu! God bless you so much!

I keep telling my people, jonathan is the worst thing to have hit the igboland since after the civil war!

The loses we incurred bc of the jonathan is much more than the loses we incurred during the civil war!

After taking us back 30 years bc of our support for him, his people have now moved on leaving us behind and worst is, they have taken our blessings along with them! Now they are gaining political appointments that should av been rightly ours!

His people hav even started warning us to keep them out our stvpid quest for Biafra! cheesy

NDI IGBO ITS TIME WE OPEN OUR EYESoooo!

1 Like

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by meccuno: 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
AnambraDota:

Why don't you ask the strangers and the average host how are they faring in West.

Strangers and hosts in East how are they faring.

Strangers and hosts in North how are they faring

Economy of East is 90 percent in the hands of Easterners but those that couldn't compete will move out and look for less competitive grounds to till.
When the British, Portuguese, German, Spanish were partitioning Africa were they doing it because they were miserable, now Chinese are mining golds in Northern Nigeria.

Stop thinking that Western Nigeria is where igbos are, there are many igbos in West, East and Central Africa taking advantage of those economies where they are lagging behind.

Migration is not fuel by poverty
Nice

1 Like

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by nigerdeltaa1: 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
more reason why we should work very hard to end this zoo
CSTR2:
Vehicles were already being assembled in igboland as far back as 1961.
How did we now find ourselves in this unproductive nation called Nigeria?
A great igbo nation crippled by an unproductive union.
What a travesty.

1 Like

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by nku5: 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
Lovesdaisied:
Locally modeled and assembled bus, 1960s. Nnewi.

No be today.

Igbo amaka

2 Likes

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by namdo(m): 3:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
Sexykaycee i bu nwa afor mara ihe. cool umu alaigbo dum ought to gbakoo mezie/mehe ala anyi...emechaa ya, to hell maka ndi ara anakpo ugwu awusa na ndi obu hanaha .....simple.

1 Like

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by bola4dprec(m): 4:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
Candyrain:

Are you well at all? Even if Nigeria is an indivisible nation, why wouldn't you want the Eastern region have their own seaport so that lagos will be less populated? What's your fear?
i dont think you well at all your lamentation based on issue of no man 's land is that not tribalism ?
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by squaddy(m): 4:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
logica:
Your FATHER is a dolt. How much did your FATHER have in a bank in the 60s? Millions? Do I need to argue with you about what the average salary was in the 60s? That's why we have stats and that's why we have HISTORY. Both are apparently beyond your Neanderthal brain to comprehend.
Frothing in the mouth like a dog with rabies does not make your Amala narrative true. Funny how you said " how many igbos had millions or even thousands or even hundreds of pounds in their account" as if everyone is supposed to be as wretched as your parents in the 60's. Don't use your poverty stricken lineage as a yardstick to measure other families who in the 60's already have their kids in foreign universities being driven around by white chauffeurs.
The Facts and figures of the 60's disprove your Ogbomosho tales. Read and educate yourself imp.

2 Likes

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by stag: 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
They were all bombed and purposefully reversed to Stone age.

Their policy? Bomb everything standing and when it seems that couldn't win the war, they decided to commit genocide by bombing everything that moves and applying international embargo on food stuffs while still air raiding and combing the remotest settlements in the region on daily basis.

Eastern Nigeria shall rise again. The days when the FG policy of underdeveloping the region was working has started crumbling.

Sooner than later, busy international maritime activities will abound in the region with many busy functional international Airports.

The days of unmitigated emigration will soon be over.

I feel the plight of the igbo because I have some extent of stake in it and I have had great warm friends who are Igbos.
But, unfortunately the way your leaders are going about it won't yield much. A tree can not be a forest. You need allies. You can't fight the yaribas, fight the hawusas and discriminate against the Aniomas, look down on South-South and hope to politically gain ground.

Don't play the victim card while preaching only hate. Iran just sacrificed something because they want to move ahead, away from sanctions and hate from the western media. China, Singapore n co opted for partnerships to be able to grow.

You should be building, not burning bridges. You may later not need the bridges but cross to your promised land first. You need visionary strategists and very diplomatic masterminds as leaders and you would realize your dream of Biafra without a single blood shed.

Best of luck, friend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by logica(m): 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
squaddy:

Don't use your poverty stricken lineage as a yardstick to measure other families who in the 60's already have their kids in foreign universities being driven around by white chauffeurs.
The Facts and figures of the 60's disprove your Ogbomosho tales. Read and educate yourself imp.
Hahahaha. So ALL Igbos were Ojukwu. Look at this f00l. How many Igbos at the time were millionaires? You see what happens when you don't have a history? I know your monkey parents didn't know the purchasing power of the pound in the 60s; that's why they told you they were millionaires. That's why they borrowed the stories of Ojukwu. LMAO. Even Ojukwu's father could not claim to have millions of pounds to his name at the time. Now JAMB question for you; how much was a Rolls Royce in the 60s? Don't bother asking your illiterate FATHER though; he has no clue.

1 Like

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by SirShymexx: 5:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
Lovesdaisied:

Well these pictures are of main "townships" in present day Anambra State. This is the best there is as far as that in Nigeria. The major "cities" in the East were Enugu, Port-Harcourt and Calabar.

For comparison, we can look at Abeokuta, Ogbomosho, Warri/Sapele, et al around the same time.

Listen, I said the same thing I posted here on the colonial pictures of Lagos, despite the fact that the Lagos ones look a billion times better than these ones.

I reiterate: if selected places in naij during colonial times looked this rickety - colonialism definitely has to be one of the worst things to happen to Nigeria. They just looted the country and left useless structures there. Nothing to celebrate here.

I don't get the unnecessary nostalgic nonsense you lot always celebrate on this forum tbh.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by SirShymexx: 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
Zonacom:

Idiat! Oyibo wannabe. I wonder what you are still doing on nairaland. Be gone already! Your pretence annoy me

Loooool. Don't cry. Stupid and emotional negro. The only thing negroes like you are good for is being fed and allowed to dance like bonobos lol.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
SirShymexx:

Listen, I said the same thing I posted here on the colonial pictures of Lagos, despite the fact that the Lagos ones look a billion times better than these ones.

I reiterate: if selected places in naij during colonial times looked this rickety - colonialism definitely has to be one of the worst things to happen to Nigeria. They just looted the country and left useless structures there. Nothing to celebrate here.

I don't get the unnecessary nostalgic nonsense you lot always celebrate on this forum tbh.

Suit yourself. Others may disagree.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Zonacom(m): 5:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Zonacom(m): 5:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
SirShymexx:

Loooool. Don't cry. Stupid and emotional negro. The only thing negroes like you are good for is being fed and allowed to dance like bonobos lol.
What are you? A mongoloid right? keep dreaming. Fool!
Just enjoy your fantasy for as long it lasts

1 Like

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by SirShymexx: 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
Lovesdaisied:

Suit yourself. Others may disagree.

That is the beauty of life - being opinionated and ability to agree to disagree due to different outlook to life. I have seen pictures of South Africa, Ivory Coast, Zimbabwe, Algeria, Egypt et al in the 50s and 60s - and you definitely can't compare those pictures to the ones attainable in naij during the same period. And you will never see folks from those countries celebrate that era, despite the superior infrastructures the colonists left there cos I believe those were the dark periods of their history.

However, with naij folks, they throw parties at the sight of everything about the colonial era when the country was a huge village with no schools and infrastructures - save for colonial residences and a few places lol. These folks love servitude and they always let the black race down.

1 Like

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by SirShymexx: 6:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
Zonacom:

What are you? A mongoloid right? keep dreaming. Fool!
Just enjoy your fantasy for as long it lasts

Lol. I can organise a proper owanbe for you on the wooden lorry, so you can celebrate to stupor lol.

What say you, useful negro?
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
Now that you've gotten all this off your chest, I hope you feel better.

SirShymexx:

That is the beauty of life - being opinionated and ability to agree to disagree due to different outlook to life. I have seen pictures of South Africa, Ivory Coast, Zimbabwe, Algeria, Egypt et al in the 50s and 60s - and you definitely can't compare those pictures to the ones attainable in naij during the same period. And you will never see folks from those countries celebrate that era, despite the superior infrastructures the colonists left there cos I believe those were the dark periods of their history.

However, with naij folks, they throw parties at the sight of everything about the colonial era when the country was a huge village with no schools and infrastructures - save for colonial residences and a few places lol. These folks love servitude and they always let the black race down.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by tuk2ato(m): 6:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
I dont need to argue with someone who bias clouds his judgement. Ojukwu killed Col. Banjo and his family. Learn your history well Ibo man! Do you know that your Ojukwu even placed the Great Zik under house arrest!
logica:
When I read one of your post where you stated the "Ojukwu liquidated Banjo and his family" I was embarrassed on your behalf as it was clear your knowledge of history was not just poor; it was disgraceful. Learn more about your history Mr Man. Then a lot of things can be seen with lucidity.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by tuk2ato(m): 6:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
Thats your imagination bro!
kaycid77:

We are still ahead of other regions.... forget Lagos and Abuja, we are interested in distributed wealth.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by humblelyf(m): 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2015
Lovesdaisied:
Christ The King College, Onitsha, early 60's.

my almamata...

up CKC!!!
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by logica(m): 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
tuk2ato:
Ojukwu killed Col. Banjo and his family. Learn your history well Ibo man!
LOL. Which members of Banjo's family did Ojukwu kill? FYI, I am not Igbo. I wonder how you drew your conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
namdo:
Sexykaycee i bu nwa afor mara ihe. cool umu alaigbo dum ought to gbakoo mezie/mehe ala anyi...emechaa ya, to hell maka ndi ara anakpo ugwu awusa na ndi obu hanaha .....simple.

Gbam!
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by mmsen: 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
nwaanambra1:

I keep telling my people, jonathan is the worst thing to have hit the igboland since after the civil war!

The loses we incurred bc of the jonathan is much more than the loses we incurred during the civil war!

After taking us back 30 years bc of our support for him, his people have now moved on leaving us behind and worst is, they have taken our blessings along with them! Now they are gaining political appointments that should av been rightly ours!

His people hav even started warning us to keep them out our stvpid quest for Biafra! cheesy

Jonathan was trying to move the country towards federalism in the truest sense. That would have benefitted those that wish to improve themselves.

Sadly those that have always stood in the way of progress did so again - they are happy existing on federal welfare.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by logica(m): 8:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
mmsen:

...they are happy existing on federal welfare.
LOL. Your logic is impressive. How else can you be disdainful of those relying on Federal welfare and want Federal support in dredging a river so that you can have a man-made "sea-port"; in the same sentence? Impressive.

2 Likes

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by mmsen: 8:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
logica:
LOL. Your logic is impressive. How else can you be disdainful of those relying on Federal welfare and want Federal support in dredging a river so that you can have a man-made "sea-port"; in the same sentence? Impressive.

Do they get to keep the majority that they generate?

Ports are still under the control of the federal government. If the central government reaps the majority proceeds then the central government should pay for it to built - unles you are advocating fiscal federalism and greater state powers then I don't get what point you are arguing.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by logica(m): 8:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
mmsen:

Do they get to keep the majority that they generate?

Ports are still under the control of the federal government. If the central government reaps the majority proceeds then the central government should pay for it to built - unles you are advocating fiscal federalism and greater state powers then I don't get what point you are arguing.
A man-made sea port is expensive and unnecessary to a Federal Government that already has natural sea ports at several points on the coastline. It's like a man who has a girlfriend with natural long hair; and then another girlfriend with a bald head continues to bother him to buy her Brazilian hair. You think he will have time for the bald head? Na the bald head go use her money buy Brazilian hair if she want hair.

2 Likes

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by FKO81(m): 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by PrinceEm: 9:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
GENTLENNAJI:
Very peaceful city and calmly lovely souls going about they normal business, unlike lagos old pictures u will see people jumping through the danfo widow fighting on the streets
anytime i see pictures of the early days of our great country i just wished i was around then
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by mmsen: 9:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
logica:
A man-made sea port is expensive and unnecessary to a Federal Government that already has natural sea ports at several points on the coastline. It's like a man who has a girlfriend with natural long hair; and then another girlfriend with a bald head continues to bother him to buy her Brazilian hair. You think he will have time for the bald head? Na the bald head go use her money buy Brazilian hair if she want hair.

Nigeria does not have enough ports - a country the size of Nigeria needs many hence the Ibaka seaport in the pipeline, as well as the new port due to be built in Cross River.

Whatever makes commerce easier should be welcomed - that is the role of government, to create an enabling environment for trade.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
i see a pained ass cheesy
SirShymexx:
The few selected places looks massively underdeveloped and it is shocking that these pictures were taken in the 50s and 60s. Only God knows what the villages would have looked like, if the "cities" looked that rickety just 60 years.

The Biafran war was probably a blessing in disguise to erect better buildings. Nothing to celebrate here - just the legacy of underdevelopment colonisation left behind, while the colonists looted the whole country blind.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Tripleclick(m): 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
nwaanambra1:

U Nailed it! We are the scape-goat now,, keep dm off for d quest for biafra, dat one de pain me more, d pple we stand with and defend dia son, omoh na double chance we enterd
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by SirShymexx: 10:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
Almakura:
i see a pained ass cheesy

Lmao!

[img]http://media1./media/NZFcFQ5C0yh1e/giphy.gif[/img]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Fulani Bandits Display Heavy Artillery (video/pictures) / Bandit, Yellow Baba Arusa Who Led Sunday’s Attack On Kaduna-Abuja Road shot Dead / The Moment Buhari Arrived Dikko Stadium In Katsina For His Final Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.