Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) (40456 Views)

Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali / Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters / Fear Of Arrest: Politicians Lobby CCB To Rectify Declaration Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by geozone: 9:46am On Aug 03, 2015
e go beta
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Donliv: 9:52am On Aug 03, 2015
That is why PMB need 2 appoint me minister of police affairs so that I will put an end to human rights abuse by NPF.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 03, 2015
geozone:

you draw vague conclusions on a character you do not know. im not a policeman nor do i know any. you seem a bit angry at the world hence i will ignore your insult. do have a good day or at least try.

Twas not an insult, am only tell you what happens on a daily basis, no need to be judgmental.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by agarawu23(m): 9:55am On Aug 03, 2015
[quote author=hareskay post=36553785][/quote]that's the problem with we Nigerians
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by geozone: 10:01am On Aug 03, 2015
kaeforum:

Which resistance, would the police man drag that man if he was a son of a governor or prominent person. Is a crime for someone to fight for his rights, people only resists arrest when they perceive that the circumstances are unjust. am sure the cop wanted money from him and he refused.

Stop supporting injustice, just because you are a beneficiary of such schemes doesnt make it right. angry

thats the bit right there anyway i hold no grudges. dont have that luxury of time.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by socialmediaman: 10:01am On Aug 03, 2015
agarawu23:
can only happen in a country where citizens don't know their right and where citizens can't fight for their right only to make mouth on Nairaland embarassed

Even if the guy is a criminal, the police man don't have the right to drag him like that.

I weep for my nation angry

Where citizens also do not care about the welfare of others around them. They only start a protest where the incident happened 2 days after a sympathy protest has occurred in a major city. They start a local protest 3 days after an international sympathy protest has occurred.

If there was care in the society, people in that community could protest about this and the policeman would be stripped or detained himself after it generates a media outburst
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Meksbig(m): 10:04am On Aug 03, 2015
prospero15:

So what has happened recently with the U.s police??
samuel dubose( an unarmed man) was shot by a policeman last week and sandra bland died in police custody in suspicious circumstances 2 weeks ago
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by ElFenomeno1: 10:05am On Aug 03, 2015
That is what some Nigerians deserve to be honest!
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by agarawu23(m): 10:06am On Aug 03, 2015
socialmediaman:

Where citizens also do not care about the welfare of others around them. They only start a protest where the incident happened 2 days after a sympathy protest has occurred in a major city. They start a local protest 3 days after an international sympathy protest has occurred.

If there was care in the society, people in that community could protest about this and the policeman would be stripped or detained himself after it generates a media outburst
true talk
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by bodsibobo(m): 10:08am On Aug 03, 2015
That's terrorism.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by stagger: 10:23am On Aug 03, 2015
prospero15:

So what has happened recently with the U.s police??

So you have not heard of the chokehold death? Or the guy banged up in a police ambulance, or the Ferguson shooting, or the recent one where the police edited the video from the police car camera only for the real video to resurface showing the policemen shooting an unarmed black suspect?

Com'on!

1 Like

Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 03, 2015
excusemyfrench:
Nigerians don't know their rights and that's why things like this keep happening. Sometimes I wish the revolution that occurred during the Arab spring could happen in Nigeria. So many people have to die for this country to move forward.
LoL... u think rights is by exporting substandard prost1tutes to Italy grin.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Galadimabawa: 10:41am On Aug 03, 2015
Is like operation burst at work.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by bigerboy200: 10:52am On Aug 03, 2015
onatisi:
if you don't respect yourself the us police will treat you as a criminal.it seems your knowledge of us police is based on the movies you watch. In real life the us police treats criminals who don't comply with their orders barbarically .i don't need to go into much details with you. When a law enforcement official gives you an order simply comply and respect yourself
I repeat.. This is an abuse of human rights. A US police officer wont drag a suspect like an animal across the street... if it does happen,such officer will lose his job,i have seen several cases where the abuse meted out by an officer was in no way close to this barbaric one,yet got sacked..it is completely unacceptable...There are sane and much more decent ways to arrest someone resisting arrest...
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by deolu2000(m): 10:53am On Aug 03, 2015
If he is a terrorism suspect i wont have any objection to it because that is obtainable everywhere in the world,but frm the look of the pics,diz is more likely to be a mere miscrant that a simplier form of arrest would hv done the job.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 03, 2015
harbdulrasaq88:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-gpgLkzM38rc/Vb46PS4KFII/AAAAAAAGGHo/THn_ejWVtNg/s1600/B_ed4rRUIAA9UHm.jpg[/img]

This Is brutality at its peak!!!!

http://www..net/2015/08/photo-police-drags-suspect-along-road.html

so what's ur point? Nigerian way of reporting news! Where is ur gist? U just upload one random pixx and write 'brutality at its peak' ... U know if the guy is a madman risking the lives of civilians? U know if he's a rapist resisting arrest?how clueless can u be before u bounce back to normal abeg?
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by bigerboy200: 10:59am On Aug 03, 2015
stagger:

So you have not heard of the chokehold death? Or the guy banged up in a police ambulance, or the Ferguson shooting, or the recent one where the police edited the video from the police car camera only for the real video to resurface showing the policemen shooting an unarmed black suspect?

Com'on!
U are correct.. but the question is " what happens to the officers in ur cited examples who misbehave? They get punished by d law..officers there don't abuse human rights with impunity, unlike what is normal here,Police officers don't give a Bleep about ur rights cos no one will punish them for abusing ur rights..
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by odogwueast: 11:23am On Aug 03, 2015
Nigeria police need more educate
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 03, 2015
d NPF needs change

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by eightsin(m): 11:51am On Aug 03, 2015
onatisi:
the police man would not have dragged him if the man complied and respected himself. So if he is a robber and insists on not following the police man,the policeman should be begging him,abi?

In such cases, force should be applied but this is a little extreme or don't you think?
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by onatisi(m): 11:56am On Aug 03, 2015
eightsin:

In such cases, force should be applied but this is a little extreme or don't you think?
the questions we ought to ask is why did the man allowed himself to be dragged instead of walking?why didn't he just stand up?look closely at the picture,the man seems not to be keen to walk,it is like he gave the police no other choice but to drag him.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by IAmTobore(m): 12:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
bigerboy200:

u are a LIAR.. USA don''t abuse people's human right....u can even get sued if u yell unnecesrily or handle suspects unprofessionally,there r better and sane ways to arrest pple who resist arrest..stop supporting babarism..
If I may ask, does Nigerian police has electric baton or any other weakening equipment? That's what the US cop uses. When you get zapped for resisting arrest, tell me where you are going to get the strenght to prove stubborness from. So that's why it looks as if they don't brutalise them (suspect).
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by RichDad1(m): 12:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
AlomoReloaded:

Upon all these names wey u call, see the few likes u get....chai... undecided undecided undecided
I ain't doing it cos of Likes. cool
I can bet I've got more "Like" that you do or ever will on Nairaland.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Cyriloha(m): 12:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
Kollyk11:
this is madness.naija police sha
but from my view that guy hands are not tied nah

1 Like

Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by RichDad1(m): 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
fyneboi79:
Rubbish post. After all dis people wey u hype,all u could get is. 1 like and 0 shares. Yeye boi like u grin
It's all about my Junior Sis. cool
Mission accomplished. cheesy
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by IAmTobore(m): 12:05pm On Aug 03, 2015
shadowgwalker:
so what's ur point? Nigerian way of reporting news! Where is ur gist? U just upload one random pixx and write 'brutality at its peak' ... U know if the guy is a madman risking the lives of civilians? U know if he's a rapist resisting arrest?how clueless can u be before u bounce back to normal abeg?
Thank you o my brother. As if say na only 9ja police dey brutalise. Make dem go try British metropolian police, make dem form strong head, na that time them go see the real brutality.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Cyriloha(m): 12:05pm On Aug 03, 2015
ylaa:
this is not nice, y didnt he use the other leg to kick the idiot. i detest npf. shame on all dem police. i bet the poor guy is innocent. its only with the innocent pple police have power but God will disgrace them very soon. only God knows how the poor boy's back will be.

dear your own along of legging him lol what your hands are free give him condensation for jew

1 Like

Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by IAmTobore(m): 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
prospero15:

My guy I dnt agree with you..I've nt seen such in d U.S police
What about the electric baton? What is it used for?
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by ylaa(f): 12:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
u must be ologba.
sorry officer grin
bola4dprec:
you must be #1 enemy of the Nigeria nation, offense as been committed haven uttered statement to discredited the action of law enforcement agencies do you the gravity of the offense committed by so called innocent?
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by kbsoft: 12:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
if we say we should look at it now, it cant pass ordinary N100 he refused to pay o...

yeye people

throway face jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aje Oil Field Lagos With Pixs / A Trailer Falls Into Water At Brewery Ijora 7up Road In Lagos - Photos / Drunk Soldier Bounced From A Club In Lagos (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.