Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib (811 Views)

Mastermind Of Planned Overthrow Of President Buhari Arrested By DSS (photos) / Military Scheming To Overthrow Buhari - Militants / Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 03, 2015
Excerpts below of Yushau Shuaib's recounting of his encounters with Col Sambo Dasuki when he was NSA,Buhari supporters always claim he never participated in the 1983 coup and only became head of state as the most senior military officer, Dasuki who was a major player in that coup says otherwise

Curiously, there were very few top functionaries who stood by me and showed support during the critical period of my life. Sambo Dasuki, the former National Security Adviser (NSA) was one of them.

It was after attending a workshop organised by The Netherlands Embassy for security agencies where I presented a paper and also published an article (Debating Government Media Relations) that I received an invitation to meet with NSA. I wrote on that first encounter too with Dasuki: (Sambo Dasuki on Security Media Relations)

During our first encounter, I was furiously criticising everything about President Jonathan and his administration. Dasuki was very attentive, probably thinking that my bitterness was informed by my sudden exit from the service.

Dasuki attempted to influence my return into the service but I was reluctant. I had decided to rather work for government but not inside government so as to enjoy my liberty of self-expression and doing what I like rather than being another subservient civil servant. I nevertheless obliged his request that I should provide him daily media content analyses that should include suggestions and recommendations. I recruited highly brilliant, young but unemployed Nigerian graduates into my team.

In the course of our occasional interactions, Dasuki was always open and transparent about information. He once told me how himself and two young military officers (they are still alive) travelled to Jos to brief Major General Buhari who was then the GOC of 3rd Armoured Division on the furtherance of the planning of the 1983 coup which made Buhari the major beneficiary of the ouster of the elected President Shehu Shagari. He even told me how Buhari expressed his bitterness about insinuations on his stewardship in one of the public institutions. Dasuki assured the then GOC not to worry about such reckless and mischievous insinuations.

I asked why he participated in the ouster of Buhari just less than two years afterward. He simply answered that General Buhari should know whom he should blame.

Probing further, I enquired how he treated Buhari on the day of the August 1985 coup. His exact response goes thus:

“I always respect and dignify my seniors and those in positions of authority whether in service or after. Though a young officer, I was reluctant to be among those that arrested him. And I was not. I only met him afterward at Bonny Camp with Lawal Rafindadi. There is no way I could have maltreated him as being alleged in some quarters. I am glad most of the actors are still alive.”

Dasuki told me the story of how himself and some others confronted late General Sani Abacha over June 12 election which was won by Chief Mashood Kashimawo Abiola (MKO). This led to their premature retirement. The persecution that followed forced him into exile where he teamed up with opposition elements struggling for the return of democracy in Nigeria.

Apart from serving as Managing Director of Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Company (NSPMC) after the return of democracy, Dasuki had engaged in legitimate international businesses, mostly outside the country.

On his roles in politics, Sambo Dasuki narrated how he supported the campaign aspiration of Muhammadu Buhari for Presidential elections in 2003, 2007 and 2011. In fact, he mentioned names of individuals who were also privy to his active involvement including respected Northern elements like Adamu Adamu, Bashir Kurfi, Wada Maida, Sule Hamman and Kabir Yusuf among others.

The major shocker for me in his narratives was his campaign for Buhari to emerge the joint candidate of ACN and CPC in 2011. He disclosed how he pleaded with Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu in the presence of Bisi Akande to accept Muhammad Buhari as the joint Presidential candidate for ACN and CPC. Dasuki stated that he knelt down begging ‘Baba Bisi Akande’ who was then Chairman of ACN that “General Buhari is a man to be trusted.”

In their belief that Yorubas and South Westerners are never religious fanatics especially regarding politics, Dasuki and his group suggested that Tinubu should be a running mate to Buhari. When other elements opposed that proposition, Tinubu team therefore recommended a Buhari-Osinbajo ticket. Unfortunately, the ticket failed to stick as Pastor Tunde Bakare was eventually pushed forward by other forces.

Watch out for Part II: The Spymaster and Soft Approach to Countering Terrorism and Dasuki’s support for President Jonathan
http://yashuaib.com/2015/07/sambo-dasuki-an-encounter-with-spymaster/
cc lalasticlala
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 03, 2015
I hate Buhari
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 03, 2015
OK
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by adeyiga3(m): 8:22am On Aug 03, 2015
Lemme goan read
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by kodded(m): 8:23am On Aug 03, 2015
undecided

buhari is a dullard from northern nigeria
undecided
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 03, 2015
You expect us to read this??!?
I'm out ta here!
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by Mogidi: 8:34am On Aug 03, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by holatin(m): 8:35am On Aug 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I hate Buhari
and how does your feeling affect him ?

badbelle is allowed
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by themilanway(m): 8:40am On Aug 03, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin This should be moved to joke section.
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by nobilis: 9:23am On Aug 03, 2015
You should have posted this before the elections and even sent it in to the media houses for broadcast.
Because right now, whether he was a wilful participant in the 1983 coup or not, he is now the president and will remain so for at least, 4 years. Ceteris paribus.
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by walemoney007(m): 9:31am On Aug 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I hate Buhari
dis guy,wen u wan get sense now eh! undecided
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by socialmediaman: 9:49am On Aug 03, 2015
The whole brouhaha continues...
A lot of things are unsaid and history beckons, who will write all the stories before the active participants join their ancestors?
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by Boss13: 9:55am On Aug 03, 2015
What is this publication supposed to mean? Why do we always think this way? So if someone is found wanting in certain issues, he must have problems with his enemies
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by xtic2yz(m): 10:07am On Aug 03, 2015
S
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by xtic2yz(m): 10:10am On Aug 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I hate Buhari
HE-GO.AT
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by BIGERBOY1: 10:30am On Aug 03, 2015
Did he ever say he wasn't, in fact he made it unequivocally clear at his Chatham house address that "dictatorship comes with military rule.... And I take full responsibility of my actions then...."

That's a man who doesn't shy away from taking responsibility. That's why u all can wail till eternity, Buhari's gonna do what Buhari's gonna do, cos at the end of his tenure he's gonna take responsibility, and not u wailers.
Re: Buhari Was A Willing Participant In Coup To Overthrow Shagari-Yushau Shuaib by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
Baba go slow always in the news for wrong reason

We don enter one chance

(1) (Reply)

Apc’ll Be In Power In Imo In The Next 24 Years, Okorocha Vows / Commercial Sex Workers Set Cattle Market Ablaze Over Demolition Of Brothel / See Exclusive Photos From: 2015 World Ogun Festival In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.