Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Former Niger Delta Minister, 2 Accountants Questioned Over Missing N1.5bn Cash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Niger Delta Minister, 2 Accountants Questioned Over Missing N1.5bn Cash (640 Views)

Court Seizes Peter Nwaoboshi's 12-Storey Building Over N1.5bn Contract Scam / FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants / Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Niger Delta Minister, 2 Accountants Questioned Over Missing N1.5bn Cash by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 03, 2015
A total of N1.5 billion has been withdrawn from the account
of the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs with the Central Bank of
Nigeria, CBN, but the withdrawal hasn't been accounted for.
Hence the office of the Head of Service of the Federation and
security agencies are currently trying to find where the funds
were have been kept, retrieve them and bring justice to the
culprits behind the missing money.
2 senior accountants in the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs
have already been queried and suspended from office
pending the conclusion of investigation into their roles in the
alleged theft of the funds.
They had argued that they withdrew the money on the
instruction of superior authorities and that as civil servants
they could not disobey their ‘superiors’ who asked them to
make the said amount available for official use.
The amount in question was reportedly taken in two
withdrawals on the instructions of senior political aide,
claiming to be working on the directives of a top presidency
top shot.
The first sum of N605 million withdrawn by a minister from
the account of the ministry went missing after being
withdrawn from the CBN and is the subject of investigation
by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related
Offences Commission, ICPC, while another withdrawal of
over N800 million attracted the attention of the HoS which
queried the two accountants and finally suspended them.
There were indications that the suspended accountants had
named those who were behind the cash withdrawals and
had tried to exonerate themselves from the deal.
It was learned that the Federal Government is bent on
inviting a former minister in the ministery to appear before
its anti-corruption bodies to explain his role in the missing
cash. Already, one of the former ministers and close
confidant of former President Goodluck Jonathan, Elder
Godsday Orubebe, has been questioned by the ICPC and
freed by the commission.
The former minister claimed that he had already resigned
before the cash went missing and that he never asked
anyone to withdraw such amount for him, knowing that it
was against service regulations. Already, the Presidency has
been given a brief on the finances of the ministry and the
roles played by some senior political actors in the dying
days of the last administration.

Source:: www.lindaikeji..nl/2015/08/former-niger-delta-minister-2.html?m=1

Lalasticlala ,, Ishilove
Re: Former Niger Delta Minister, 2 Accountants Questioned Over Missing N1.5bn Cash by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 03, 2015
Niger Delta people will be shouting that they are not receiving good governance and they will put the blame on Federal Government...

Biafra (or Biafra according to the Progressive) will also be complaining of Bad Governance and put the blame on Federal Government...

My Niger Delta and Biafra people, until you come to your right senses and put the hate you have for Nigeria in one corner, you will remain stagnant without progressing.. Please, am not insulting or cursing you. I have reason for saying this..

The reason is that, you don't tackle those politicians who keeps embezzling the money that is meant to develop and better the life of your people. Instead of you to tackle them, all you do is Blame the government and keep "DAY DREAMING" of Biafra..

Go back to some Older people and ask about How Biafra was use as fraud by some of your Leaders in the name of we are collecting money to Improve our bid for Biafra Land...

"""""" TO BE SINCERE"""""""""

Igbo Land can not Progress until you start Putting the Blame of bad governance on the leaders you Select.. Keep chasing your dream of becoming great state not "Dreaming " of Biafra till you Grow white bear-bear and leaving nothing Good for your future Generation to start with....
Re: Former Niger Delta Minister, 2 Accountants Questioned Over Missing N1.5bn Cash by Esdb3: 8:24am On Aug 03, 2015
They are about to stop their #Godwin track.
Re: Former Niger Delta Minister, 2 Accountants Questioned Over Missing N1.5bn Cash by kamair237(m): 8:35am On Aug 03, 2015
All dis cases are minor cases...
Wen will we start hearing of big cases like DAM own.....
Or JEG in EFCC office...
Re: Former Niger Delta Minister, 2 Accountants Questioned Over Missing N1.5bn Cash by Vikkie14: 8:35am On Aug 03, 2015
It's weird that i can't even deduced LIE from TRUTH from all these "Missing this, missing that" allegations making the round these days.

Abeg, the Money is not Missing,
but,

THE TRUTH IS THE ONE MISSING.

if we can locate and bring back truth into the society, we wont be missing anything anylonger.
Re: Former Niger Delta Minister, 2 Accountants Questioned Over Missing N1.5bn Cash by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 03, 2015
Re: Former Niger Delta Minister, 2 Accountants Questioned Over Missing N1.5bn Cash by PRYCE(m): 8:48am On Aug 03, 2015
And the Witch hunting continues...
Re: Former Niger Delta Minister, 2 Accountants Questioned Over Missing N1.5bn Cash by DaGC(m): 9:07am On Aug 03, 2015
The way the story was told is just somehow undecided. LIB please improve.

Meanwhile, the ret.ard that commented 1st made the same mistake he accused others of making. Apparently, to him, only the Niger Delta and South Eastern Nigeria is under-developed.

I salute your stupidity cry
Re: Former Niger Delta Minister, 2 Accountants Questioned Over Missing N1.5bn Cash by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 03, 2015
DaGC:
The way the story was told is just somehow undecided. LIB please improve.

Meanwhile, the ret.ard that commented 1st made the same mistake he accused others of making. Apparently, to him, only the Niger Delta and South Eastern Nigeria is under-developed.

I salute your stupidity cry

Haba! No! Am not saying that on my own... At least, I have not travel to your area before. So I don't know how developed your region is...... But I can see most Niger Deltans and Biafrans on Nairaland shouting of poor Governance... Is that a lie?? I guess NO.... THANKS

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Former Minister, Labaran Maku Get Caught In A Web Of N37 Billion Hidden / Tribunal Dismisses Four Petitions Against Wike’s Election / Naira Drops Again Against Us Dollar At Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.